Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2020, 10:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Did they even say where they were for the final? It's suppose to be Austria. Usually they'd get a text from TJ or something saying they were going there

This final was tough, but it lacked a lot of things we see in a typical final like swimming, eating gross food, puzzles etc. After the logs/fire it was just mostly just walking up a mountain and solving a math problem along the way lol

Rogan Vs Bananas: At first I thought their elimination was pretty lame, but I guess having to run through the snow did make it somewhat challenging

Melissa quitting was the right decision for obvious reasons. I must say she had a great run on this season for someone that was unaware she was pregant. She didn't bother me like she did in the past and she kicked ass. I was impressed. Kaycee got to sleep inside the house for doing nothing lol

Sad Bayleigh got hurt as well.

Poor Fessy having to stand out there by that fire with Kyle for several hours lol. At least they let them go into the house at some point

Kaycee reminded me so much of CM with her struggles with math lol

Happy that Jenny won. Not happy Bananas won. I was hoping either Cory or Fessy would've won. In the interview below, he hints that he may take a break after this season but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll believe it when I see it

https://people.com/tv/johnny-bananas...total-madness/

This season was originally a solo winner season, where only one person would win and walk away with $1 million. However, after the final was over and Jenny won, production decided to change it to a 1 guy and 1 girl winner season. So Jenny went from being the shows 3rd solo winner and walking away with $1 million to being just the female winner and had to split $1 million with the male winner, Bananas. It really sucks knowing that he had lost, but became a winner after a last minute decision by production

Next week: The reunion looks so wierd from the preview lol. Not looking forward to seeing Zach. The week after next week, we get some sort of behind the scenes special

Last edited by Aaron2005; 07-15-2020 at 11:16 PM
Old 07-16-2020, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron2005 (View Post)
This season was originally a solo winner season, where only one person would win and walk away with $1 million. However, after the final was over and Jenny won, production decided to change it to a 1 guy and 1 girl winner season. So Jenny went from being the shows 3rd solo winner and walking away with $1 million to being just the female winner and had to split $1 million with the male winner, Bananas. It really sucks knowing that he had lost, but became a winner after a last minute decision by production
Wait, what? I don't think I followed you.
Before the final started, they were all lined up and TJ told them that the top male and top female would win $500k each. Was that edited in afterward? Was it one of those instances where we don't actually see TJ say it? (I didn't pay attention).

Jenny beat Bananas? She did, didn't she? I do remember that now (I forget quickly, especially because I knew the outcome lol).

Why would the show change that detail?! A female winner would've been awesome.

It's just weird because you see Bananas celebrating after the win, so I'm not following you perfectly lol
Old 07-16-2020, 08:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Maybe it was just a rumor IDK lol. But yes what I heard, this was suppose to be a one winner season so yes, it it were true then it was edited. TJ was shown saying 500K for the male/female on screen and that could be somehting that they made him do later.

Yeah Bananas was celebrating when he reached the top and that didn';t make sense to me either. I would say maybe he was just happy to finish it but it wouldn't be just that could it. Everyone was really classy on social and congratulated him on the win and said he deserved it though so like I said, maybe this really all was just a rumor lol. Also, Cory/Jenny both sent the person of their gender was the biggest threat to them into elimination so that's a sign that it was always a 1 guy 1 girl winner and the rumor wasn't true lol

Last edited by Aaron2005; 07-16-2020 at 09:03 AM
Old 07-17-2020, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I agree, that just doesn't add up. Remember when Cory & Jenny got to send someone into elimination and they said they would let Jenny pick the girl and Cory pick the guy because it didn't matter to Cory which girl went in. They knew that there was a girl winner and a guy winner during the final.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah. Exactly.

I don't know when she posted this, but I just saw this from CM about this season. Have you even seen them?
https://twitter.com/GamerVev/status/...177346/photo/1
Old 07-20-2020, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

I absolutely believe Johnny was meant to win this season.
I wanted to say more during the season (because I knew Johnny won) but I didn't want to spoil anything obviously. A lot of things felt very played out. Johnny has always been one to be nervous to go into elimination and the way he wasn't nervous at all, and didn't care at all who he went against spoke volumes to me, among a lot of other details. But like Cara said, no one was really against him all season and that's so unusual.

I feel like the solo winner thing might be a rumor (unless they reshot a bunch of the final ) but I do think Johnny was meant to be the winner this season.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Well TJ and the cast aren't showing any signs of it being rigged at all. A lot of people have congratulated him on his win the past week. Even Hunter tweeted congrats to him lol.

I do think CM may be right, but she/Paulie have had a negative attitude towards this season in general l and I'm sure that's mostly because they're just really annoyed Paulie got dropped from it.

As soon as Wes volunteered himself for that elimination, there was no need for you to even watch it then lol. You knew there was no way Wes would win. Did you know who all the finalist were or just the winners? I knew Cory must've made to the final because around mid December, Cory tweeted a picture of him holding Ryder and said "reunited and it feels so good" This was a few days after filming ended

Fun Fact: The final challenge took place in Vienna, a city in Austria. That's where Melissa's daughters' name came from

Last edited by Aaron2005; 07-20-2020 at 08:05 AM
Old 07-20-2020, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

I knew Johnny & Jenny won and it was $500k each. I knew that the day filming ended and it was all over Twitter. (So mid-December?)

Then as the season was airing, I did find out some of the other finalists on Twitter because people are rude and just post spoilers and at that point it didn't matter much for me.

Yeah, I obviously knew Johnny would beat Wes which was annoying, but I absolutely think it was all "rigged"/setup.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I do miss the days where there was no social media. Made it so much easier to wacth seasons unspoiled lol

Quote:
I feel like the solo winner thing might be a rumor (unless they reshot a bunch of the final)
Speaking of reshoots, there was another rumor that at least one part of the final was reshot. I don't know which part it was, but during the orignal shoot, Kyle was the top male on it, but on the reshoot, Bananas was the top male and Kyle was pissed that they made them redo it. Who knows if it's true or not lol

ETA: A reunion sneak peak. This virtual format looks so wierd lol. Here Melissa/Kyle adreess the rumors of them hooking up, which they claim is not true. They joke around and say Bananas started them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC4hc2YDHbp/

Last edited by Aaron2005; 07-20-2020 at 06:44 PM
Old 07-20-2020, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im not reading any posts, I just am coming in to say Ive been super busy so I haven't watched the finale but I will in a few days when Im home!
Old 07-21-2020, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

^ Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron2005 (View Post)
I do miss the days where there was no social media. Made it so much easier to wacth seasons unspoiled lol
Me too! I really do want to remain unspoiled, but I would have to stay off of social media altogether. Even people I follow who "like" spoilers show up in my timeline! SO ANNOYING.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Yep, and even cast members themselves make it obvious unfortunately. Even the challenge twitter page does it too. I still don't understand why they thought it was a bright idea to post those pics/video of Wes/Laurel/Bananas at the MTV movie awards last year, which was a couple weeks into filming of WOTW 2 lol.

Did you watch the sneak peak?

As of now filming for season 36 is suppose to begin sometime in September
Old 07-22-2020, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, clearly they don't care (like the Bachelor franchise lol). Spoilers must not upset ratings at all so they don't care. Still not fun for the people who would much rather be surprised.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah it's unfortunate people have to pretty much ban themselves from SM altogether to avoid seeing things they don't want to

Reunion special tonight. Here's another sneak peak with Aneesa/Nany arguing about the drama revolved around them and Kaycee. Again, this virtual 9-box screen still looks wierd lol.

https://twitter.com/ChallengeMTV/sta...88500847861769

This one is with Jenna/Zach. Zach can't even bring himself to look at the screen while the footage of him/Jenna arguing are shown lol
https://twitter.com/ChallengeMTV/sta...75392755478528

Last edited by Aaron2005; 07-22-2020 at 01:24 PM
Old 07-22-2020, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

yeah the clip w Zach is funny lol. I'm actually slightly interested to see how he responds (with his words).