Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alexa, I have no problem with you having a different opinion than me. What upsets me is when I see that you’ve said “this is a joke” in response to my post and then said “At least you got that one right.” It’s simply not nice. And I don’t think it’s necessary under any circumstance to post a puke emoji in regards to a real life couple, let alone a real life couple expecting a child now. I don’t come to this thread to see stuff like that.

Moving on . . . Do you guys think we’ll have an All Stars 2 soon? It’s been a long time since the first All Stars, and I think that was an iconic season. We’ve had some notable players in the seasons since then, so I think/hope we might get one soon. The only problem is that they’ve already brought some big players back in seasons 14 and 18 and OTT.

Speaking of Big Brother OTT, did anyone watch it? Is it worth watching? I feel like I need a Big Brother fix now that it’s off the air until CBB2. Might try either that or rewatch CBB1.
ICON
Old 10-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

No one is forcing you to come here though? I'm allowed to post a puke gif to something I don't like. I dont know what else to say. You dont like that, I'm sorry, but its not against the rules. I'm not bashing anyone in this thread. I highly disagree with your opinions. That is allowed too, its a discussion thread.... These people are on a show and I am allowed to criticize them. I dont like either of them. I dont support them having a child. Sorry. Im tired of seeing them in this thread time and again and then even in the amazing race thread.... Again, you are free to create a cody/jess couples thread where you can post all the love for them. But dont get mad when someone doesnt like them. Im over this whole thing though, i dont have anything to apologize for. But if you dont like something Ive said you can PM me instead of calling it out in the thread... or just ignore me.

Answering the questions regarding to big brother I did watch OTT and i enjoyed it. It was short and I didn't see any of the feeds. I loved Danielle and Jason and that whole side of the house but also found Shelby to be pretty funny . I did appreciate the strong all girls alliance too. It wasnt my favorite season of the show but it was entertaining and very similar to a regular bb season.

I would love to see an all stars season. But i wouldnt want to see any winners.... And it doesnt seem there are a lot of people that they could choose from the recent seasons imo... For me, I would love to see:

bb20 - Haleigh, Scottie. I could see them bringing back Brett or Tyler though too and maybe even Swaggy. I wouldnt hate any of those options.

No one from bb19/18/17/15 please lol. Though I wouldnt HATE seeing Cody again or Mark... Vanessa too.... or Bridgette would be okay but I think shes getting married and moving on with her life.

BBOT - Shelby or Danielle

bb16 - Zach, MAYBE Cody. Donny.

bb14 - Shane maybe?

bb13 - Dominic!

bb12 - Perhaps Matt or Lane from the brigade?

Probably no one prior to bb11....

It sucks that I cant think of any really strong women I would like to see play other than from BBOT. I would love if they did a US/CANADA mix with teams or something. In that case i would to see Ika play. Maybe Karen. Gary, Cassandra, Tim, Britnee, Jesse, William... probably some others i am forgetting.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-05-2018 at 01:51 AM
Old 10-04-2018, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Alexa, thanks for trying to start being civil. I see April’s POV in that with almost EVERYTHING that she posted about Season 20, you came back at her with something negative, and yes, they were your personal opinions, they are also hers, so it’s just starting to seem condescending and what you post back to her makes it sound like she’s wrong, while that might not be your intention, it just comes across that way.

As for the “couples”, I share news about couples from every reality show in their respective threads, including this one. I’m not sharing the news about them because they’re a couple, I’m sharing the news because they were contestants on the show, and I will continue to do so. I don’t view this thread as a “couples thread” when news about a BB couple, past or present, is being shared. It is simply news about former BB contestants, and if that happens to involve a couple getting married, having babies, etc., then so be it. If it was one contestant having a baby with their husband who was not on BB (for example, Rockstar), I would share that news here. With all my other threads on Reality TV, I share the news about the contestants, because they were contestants that just happened to form a relationship with someone else. I’m sorry you don’t like certain couples. Just ignore the post. Other news will be shared, as well. No one’s mad at you for not liking a couple; it’s just the constant reiterating to us that you don’t like them, can’t stand them, etc.

As for another BB All-Stars, I say it’s about time, if they want to do it. Survivor’s done several, but it’s never been called “All-Stars”; Heroes vs. Villians; Second Chances, etc. all had former contestants. BB has never done a season with all former contestants again. They’ve just brought back former contestants and mixed them in with newbies.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Brett, Tyler, Haleigh, maybe Scottie again. I think Rachel deserves a more fair chance to play. I can’t really remember a lot of the contestants. Zach, maybe Cody. Just not Bayleigh or Swaggy or Rockstar, please.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-05-2018, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I dont think Ive not been civil tho... Ive been harsh on my criticisms of the houseguests and the game but thats what a discussion is for, we arent all gonna agree on the houseguests. And you may see it as me coming at April but thats not how I see it at all. I see it as this:

April posts an opinion
I disagree and say how I disagree
April gets defensive and makes condescending/underhanded comments in her posts
I retaliate back with the same type of posts
April gets upset and says Im attacking her.

She's not been innocent either and has made comments that come off rude to me as well... I feel like I'm being singled out because Im the one person in here that doesnt like L6 or Tyler.

I've responded the exact same way to you and to Millie whose opinions I also do not agree with. Ive never referred to anyone as dumb or name called or anything of the sort. I just simply completely disagree with some of the things being said in here.

Quote:
it’s just the constant reiterating to us that you don’t like them, can’t stand them, etc.
just as its the constant sharing of posts about the same specific couple that is annoying...

Its not just what you posted Jess, I know you always post news. But then Millie posts a ton of photos of them (In the TAR thread and now here) and now April too... its just a bit much. Mostly i ignore it if I hate a pairing but the constant posts... I'm sorry, I find it annoying as heck. Just as I di when Rachel was being talked about/posted about all of the time.

Once again, we dont agree so I dont really see the point of this entire discussion. I will try not to post puke gifs but I cant guarantee that i wont be less than enthused about certain houseguests. I have a right to say how i feel. Its not in ff rules to say you dont like someone. Not sure well come to an agreement here.

I do NOT want to see Angela on my tv ever again. OR JC. Or Sam. I also wouldnt want to see Kaycee since she already won. Any L6ers together again would annoy me greatly. Haleigh deserves to play with smarter players so I wouldnt want to see her on a season with Bayleigh or Fessy again. I am ok wth Tyler playing agin but i would hate to see him make another annoying alliance lol.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-05-2018 at 01:56 AM
Old 10-05-2018, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alexa, even if your intention has not been to upset anyone, it’s come across that way. You say that no one is forcing me to come here, but I love this show and have loved the season, so I should be able to come here without feeling as though my opinion is being lambasted. I don’t mind you being harsh on your opinion of houseguests, but you’ve been harsh on MY opinion of them. Was there a need to refer to my post about the jury as a joke? Was there a need to say “At least you got that right” after quoting every piece of it to tell me how wrong I was? Was there a need to post a puke emoji about a couple’s happy baby news? Even in this most recent post, you’ve referred to me as defensive and condescending. Even though something might not technically be against the rules, I think there’s just an etiquette factor involved with posting on a forum like this, or at least there should be.

And if you find the frequent sharing of couples posts annoying (even though it hasn’t just been one couple), then please try to understand that this is how some of us have felt with the frequent bashing of certain houseguests that we have seen from you this season.

In regards to rude comments, I realize I made a comment about superfans in relation to Scottie that may have come off rude, so that’s why I said that I apologize and tried to better explain what I meant. I’m not sure what other comments I’ve made that you thought were rude.

So yes, there is most definitely a point to this discussion, because I’m looking forward to CBB2 and want to continue posting here, but I don’t want this issue to come up again. Let’s address it now as a thread so that our posting atmosphere in CBB2 can be better.
ICON
Old 10-05-2018, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Again, people are going to post stuff here about former houseguests/couples, because this is the thread to do that. All of the threads on Reality TV are meant for that. It's one or two posts every couple of pages, but with S20 just ending, there's a lot more news coming out, so stuff is going to be shared more frequently. It'll pass, I'm sure.

Quote:
just as its the constant sharing of posts about the same specific couple that is annoying...
And that is your opinion that you find it annoying, but others might not, so I don't know what else to say to you regarding that. I'm sorry it's annoying, but again, posts are going to be shared. I still find Rachel annoying, but I can share stuff here about her, because others might not, and want to know what's going on in her life right now...

Quote:
I cant guarantee that i wont be less than enthused about certain houseguests.
That's fine! That's your right, but please try to be more respectful to those who do like certain houseguests/couples.

Quote:
Not sure we'll come to an agreement here.
I hope we can come to an agreement that opinions are opinions, and no one is right or wrong, and opinions will be shared whether you agree with it or not. No more rude or condescending posts from ANYONE. Feel free to say, "Hmmm. I don't agree with that. This is how I feel..." and say it in a respectful manner.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I second everything you've touched on Jessica. It's not the different opinions that are becoming an issue it's HOW those opinions are being shared and I think that that point is not getting across.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
It's not the different opinions that are becoming an issue it's HOW those opinions are being shared
Right, Millie. Thanks for clarifying.

Like I said, EVERYONE needs to start trying to post in a more respectful manner, and no more condensation. If you don’t think you’re being condescending, but someone else does, just apologize for it, and move on. We all have our moments of weakness.

Back to your post, April:
Quote:
Speaking of Big Brother OTT, did anyone watch it? Is it worth watching? I feel like I need a Big Brother fix now that it’s off the air until CBB2. Might try either that or rewatch CBB1.
I had totally forgotten about OTT! What did it stand for? Over the Top? And it was just on CBS All-Access, right? Nope, I didn’t watch it. I still really want to watch Season 12 because of Hayden! And I probably wouldn’t rewatch all of CBB1. Just James’ parts.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, Over the Top. Hmm, I might watch it if I get bored or something. One scene I have seen from that season is the houseguests finding out that Trump got elected. That was . . . interesting.

You should totally watch Season 12, Jess! I find it to be a very enjoyable season. Very funny cast, very funny moments. I find it easy to root for a multitude of people in that season, and Hayden might just be one of the most underrated winners ever.

ETA: I haven’t listened to this yet, but I’m probably going to (Tyler on this podcast): https://player.fm/series/reality-lif...with-the-stars

Also:

ICON

Last edited by April7739; 10-05-2018 at 03:00 PM
Old 10-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for the heads up on S12, April! I really hope I find the time to watch it sometime!

Great news about Kaycee! Hope some fans are able to go see her!

Old 10-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely want to know your thoughts about it if you do end up watching it.
ICON
Old 10-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I definitely want to know your thoughts about it if you do end up watching it.
I will! At least I already know who wins, so no surprises there.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, the season as a whole is fairly predictable, but I don’t mind at all because the cast is good!
ICON
Old 10-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've said my piece, I have nothing else to say. If people want to discuss this further they can PM me instead of bringing the drama into the thread.

Apparently Tyler and Angela said they wouldnt play unless it was together. Well, thats not going to happen lol. I am super disappointed in Tyler post show, I was hoping he would be more interesting on social media but basically all he posts abut it Angela, which I find annoying.

The same could be said for Swaggy who only posts bout Bayleigh but I dont/didnt really care about seeing his posts to begin with so its a bit different.

Haleigh and Fessy are still dating but at least they both post about THEMSELVES and have their own lives post show.

Season 12 is predictable but so is season 16 and season 20 and season 19. At least 19/20 didnt end predictably, so thats great.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ So happy for them!

Tyler/Angela interview with People: https://people.com/tv/big-brother-ty...ans-interview/ They said some very nice things about Scottie and the Bayleigh/Swaggy situation.

Haven’t watched either of these yet, but I probably will:

And in old school Big Brother news, apparently James from BB6 and BB7 is getting married, and Howie is in the wedding party. Random, I know, but I felt like sharing it. Man, Seasons 6 and 7 were a golden era of Big Brother.
ICON