Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2018, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
I bet Cody is not happy its another girl.
HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! I am sorry. That is just an AWFUL thing to say about someone’s future child, no matter what gender it is. I know it’s a cliche, but people hope for a HAPPY, HEALTHY baby, boy or girl, & I am sure Cody hopes for that with his new little girl. My brother has 2 girls, and sure he wished for a boy, but he loves those girls more than anything in this world & to think he wasn’t happy when he found out the 2nd one was a girl would be unfathomable. Really, Alexa. We’ve put up with a lot of your negative comments on this thread, but to say you don’t think someone is happy because they’re gonna have a 2nd daughter just goes too far. You might have meant it in jest/as a joke, but it didn’t come across that way and it just sounded mean.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bravo, Jess. Thank you for articulating that. Well-said.

Everything about that post was mean. Saying Elena looked “atrocious,” saying Jess’s hair was fake and ugly, saying that about Cody . . . there was literally not one nice thing in that post. This isn’t discussion here, Alexa; it’s bashing.
ICON
Old 10-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another when it's clearly all hateful bashing. It needs to stop, it's not discussion its hate.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thank you, ladies.

Moving on (again)...

Big Brother's Jessica Graf Tried on 30 Wedding Gowns Before Finding Her Dream 'Princess Dress'

While not a dress I probably would have picked out for myself, I think she looks beautiful and as long as she was happy!

Old 10-18-2018, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched a video this morning of the moment they had their gender reveal, and it was pretty cute because Cody’s daughter (who is adorable) wanted a baby brother and was disappointed.
ICON
Old 10-19-2018, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I think you guys are overreacting. I would have said that about ANY COUPLE. It's a known fact that most men want sons. I dont see what is so horrible about saying that? Cody already has a daughter. I never said he wasnt going to love his daughter lmao. I bet Jessica is very happy its a girl. I just think Cody is probably bummed it wasnt a boy. Its not that big of a deal. April literally just said above that his daughter was disappointed and thats fine to say but I say Cody is probably disappointed and I get dragged through the mud over it? How is it any different? I feel like, because we have different opinions on this season, that literally everything else I say is rubbing you the wrong way.... Things I would have posted before are now suddenly pissing everyone off. I think you're just being a bit overly sensitive because you disagree with me about my opinions on jess/cody and the bb20 cast.

We ALL post our opinions in this thread. Maybe some of you are posting here recently and haven't been around but Ive been around this reality tv board for a real long time and we always give our opinions on the houseguests. Good and bad. On their actions, on their outfits, on their hair, ETC ETC. I've seen Jess herself call women ****ty and trashy for numerous things. Which I cant stand but I often let it go because its her opinion. Same goes for her comments on women that have sex before marriage etc. I've seen multiple comments about tv show contestants in other threads. In fact, just the other page people were talking how ugly Jessica's bathing suits were for the bridal shower and FF Jess made a comment about the girl in the middle. And implied she was ****ty.

So you guys can just pick and choose what is offensive and what isn't? You can pick and choose who it is okay to insult and who it isn't? Thats how its going to work in here? They are reality tv stars. We are allowed to comment on their lives. They put themselves out there when they sign up for these shows. No bashing is going on. I haven't said anything about their personalities, about their well being or saying I want them to die or anything awful like that. I think her hair looked ugly at her wedding, I thought the outfit was horrible... what is the big deal? Its not like I'm posting photos just to bash them. You all are posting things and then Im commenting on them. I'm not doing anything wrong.The show is no longer on. I believe that you guys are purposely posting photo after photo of people you know I dislike and have said I disliked before,. as if you are egging it on. So you shouldnt act shocked when I post something negative about them. If I posted photo after photo of Fessy and Haleigh for example and someone made a comment about Haleigh's hair and that it looked horrible I wouldnt care. In fact, last season I adored Josh and had to deal with numerous comments about him and his personality and his actions and there were some gross comments there but I didnt act all upset everytime that happened because I KNOW/knew that people always have differing opinions.

Moving on,

Apparently Rob from Survivor 6 said he wanted Tyler on his podcast show to interview him. Hes been a fan of Tyler all season long. Tyler then posed on Twitter "I would have loved to but ya just had to be nice". Apparently Tyler was upset because Rob called Tangela "boring." Absolutely ridiculous. So then Rob apologized and now the fans are ripping into Tyler. Tyler then posted something about not knowing what to post to "please" people. Like buddy, just post about yourself. Thats all people want. He's such a disappointing fan favorite post show.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-19-2018 at 01:07 AM
Old 10-19-2018, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In regards to Tyler turning down the RHAP interview, I saw that, and admittedly, I was disappointed, because there is no one I would rather see do a RHAP interview about season 20 than Tyler, and I think he can offer a perspective that no one else in the cast is capable of. But having said that, I realize that the guy owes us nothing. It's totally up to him whether or not he wants to do a podcast or not. And I actually did watch that podcast all season long. Rob C. usually provides the laughs and humor and moderates the discussions. There are two main other contributors to the post episode podcasts, Taran and Brent. Taran is awesome and does all the live feeds updates and really likes to dissect the strategic game. (I'd love to see Tyler maybe do a podcast with just him.) But this other guy on the podcast, Brent . . . he just became so difficult for me as the season wore on that I could barely watch the podcasts he was in, because all he would do was complain, largely about Tyler and Angela. As a fan, yes, I'd love to see Tyler change his mind and do that podcast, but I also respect that he can make up his own mind about whether to do it or not.

In regards to the other stuff . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think you guys are overreacting. I would have said that about ANY COUPLE. It's a known fact that most men want sons. I dont see what is so horrible about saying that? Cody already has a daughter. I never said he wasnt going to love his daughter lmao. I bet Jessica is very happy its a girl. I just think Cody is probably bummed it wasnt a boy. Its not that big of a deal. April literally just said above that his daughter was disappointed and thats fine to say but I say Cody is probably disappointed and I get dragged through the mud over it? How is it any different?
I'm glad you clarified that you meant that as a joke. I will say that what I posted about his daughter being disappointed is literally just what I saw in a video, not a speculation.

Quote:
We ALL post our opinions in this thread. Maybe some of you are posting here recently and haven't been around but Ive been around this reality tv board for a real long time and we always give our opinions on the houseguests. Good and bad. On their actions, on their outfits, on their hair, ETC ETC. I've seen Jess herself call women ****ty and trashy for numerous things. Which I cant stand but I often let it go because its her opinion. Same goes for her comments on women that have sex before marriage etc. I've seen multiple comments about tv show contestants in other threads. In fact, just the other page people were talking how ugly Jessica's bathing suits were for the bridal shower and FF Jess made a comment about the girl in the middle. And implied she was ****ty.
Yes, we all post opinions. However, the way we voice our opinions matters. I look back on things I posted earlier in the year (not on this board, but another) and upon reflection, I think there were some things I could have said differently and will try to say differently from now on. Perhaps Jess feels the same. (I won't speak for you, Jess.) The question is, Alexa, are you willing to reflect on the way you've voiced your opinions? Because so far, it seems that we keep having the same issues because you keep posting the same types of harsh comments. And it's not just in this thread.

Quote:
So you guys can just pick and choose what is offensive and what isn't? You can pick and choose who it is okay to insult and who it isn't? Thats how its going to work in here?
Why do we have to insult anybody?

Quote:
They are reality tv stars. We are allowed to comment on their lives. They put themselves out there when they sign up for these shows. No bashing is going on. I haven't said anything about their personalities, about their well being or saying I want them to die or anything awful like that. I think her hair looked ugly at her wedding, I thought the outfit was horrible... what is the big deal?
Again, it's how you're saying things. If you feel the need to comment at all, why not just say, "I'm not crazy about her wedding look," or in regards to Elena's outfit, how about not calling her atrocious and saying she is the worst? Saying the Mark/Elena engagement rumor was gross, using the puke emoji in regards to the Jody pregnancy announcement . . . it's all just so unnecessary. How is this not bashing? Having an opinion is not an excuse to just be constantly mean to these people. In episode threads and ship threads and character threads for fictional shows, we have rules about not bashing the actors who play the parts. Why shouldn't that same rule apply to real life people?

Quote:
Its not like I'm posting photos just to bash them. You all are posting things and then Im commenting on them. I'm not doing anything wrong. The show is no longer on. I believe that you guys are purposely posting photo after photo of people you know I dislike and have said I disliked before,. as if you are egging it on. So you shouldnt act shocked when I post something negative about them. If I posted photo after photo of Fessy and Haleigh for example and someone made a comment about Haleigh's hair and that it looked horrible I wouldnt care.
Yes, we're posting photos of people who are relevant to this thread. A while back, you posted photos of people from the season 20 cast that you liked, and nobody responded with anything negative. The fact that you have both mods of this board consistently telling you that you are going overboard is a pretty clear indicator that, yes, you are doing something wrong. And the fact that you would accuse people of egging you on is ridiculous. Do you think the mods of this board like dealing with this? Do you think I, as a new and enthusiastic poster on this board, like seeing post after post of negativity and rudeness? Nobody's egging you on, because everybody's tired of dealing with it.

Quote:
In fact, last season I adored Josh and had to deal with numerous comments about him and his personality and his actions and there were some gross comments there but I didnt act all upset everytime that happened because I KNOW/knew that people always have differing opinions.
While I still don't condone what Josh did inside the house, I listened to him on RHAP, saw some things he did with a fan of the show who's in the hospital, and I'm happy to say that my opinion of him has changed quite drastically. The house may have brought out the worst in him, but outside the show, he's seemed very respectful and nice to fans.

More Big Brother Box openings here:

ICON

Last edited by April7739; 10-19-2018 at 11:24 AM
Old 10-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Quote:
I'm glad you clarified that you meant that as a joke. I will say that what I posted about his daughter being disappointed is literally just what I saw in a video, not a speculation.
??? I didn't mean it as a joke. I think Cody IS bummed hes not having a boy. That doesnt mean he is unhappy he is having a girl. I just bet he wanted a boy. No one has to agree with me, thats just my opinion. And we dont know for sure because we cant read cody's mind but thats what I think. Its not "awful" to say that. My dad was bummed I was a girl because my sister was born first. And he wanted a son. Most people want one of each just to experience it. It doesnt mean they dont love their other child. lol.

Quote:
The question is, Alexa, are you willing to reflect on the way you've voiced your opinions? Because so far, it seems that we keep having the same issues because you keep posting the same types of harsh comments. And it's not just in this thread.
Its not just in this thread, but it is about the same people, which I think says a lot. If I make negative comments about people on other boards, lets say someone like... Sandra from Survivor or annoying contestants in amazing race, or whatever, those are often laughed at, ignored, or some people eve agree with me! Which is where the double standard comes in. Its okay to be negative about people you dont like but as soon as I make a negative comment about someone you do like, then its not okay?

You loved Tyler, so as soon as I started criticizing his game play, people started having issues and then it just escalated from there. I do believe that after that, everything I said you just wanted to pick apart and get mad at. Ive been no different from when I first started posting on this forum to now. I am very honest and critical of everything I watch. Again, its not against the rules. I dont bash real people on scripted tv but I do critique real people on reality shows. Go into literally any thread here and I will be calling someone on the show obnoxious or annoying. I will be critiquing their clothing or their hair. Its what Im watching and seeing. Only NOW is it apparently a problem? And like I said before, I can go back and find numerous comments said by everyone else in here that were negative. I never threw a fit over that or took it personally. The real issue here its that I dont think the things I am saying are that offensive or over the top. Ya'll are acting like Im wishing for people to die or something. I dont see whats wrong, you guys do. Its just different opinions. So Im gonna continue reacting how I NORMALLY react. If people dont like my opinions they can simply ignore them.

Not everyone shares the same personality as you April. You can choose to be PC and nice and whatever, but this is a dang forum! I am going to vent about people I dislike and the things they do and most importantly, their game play. Its what we watch reality tv for! The drama and the entertainment. I can see why you can't be on twitter or tumblr because the opinions over are 10x harsher than mine.

And its silly to me that you guys get SO OFFENDED over me saying someone's outfit is atrocious yet you do not have the same enthusiasm or passion for issues that are actually really important like women's rights and racism. Angela made horrible comments on the show. Same with JC and yet thats easy for ya'll to forgive but me saying someone's hair is ugly means I should be burned at the stake? I literally dont understand at all. Angela never even freaking apologized and same for JC.

Quote:
The fact that you have both mods of this board consistently telling you that you are going overboard is a pretty clear indicator that, yes, you are doing something wrong. And the fact that you would accuse people of egging you on is ridiculous. Do you think the mods of this board like dealing with this? Do you think I, as a new and enthusiastic poster on this board, like seeing post after post of negativity and rudeness? Nobody's egging you on, because everybody's tired of dealing with it.
Its really not because you all three like Tyler and level 6 and same for Cody/Jess and so you are all supporting each other and getting super offended because I dont like any of them. Thats where this stems from. And if you didnt like the comments then you would think you would just stop posting here or stop posting so many useless/unnecssary photos. Ive never ever seen so many updates on cast members. Its only THIS season and it comes off very suspicious to me. Like you all get together and decide to spam the board purely because you know I don like any of them and have said it. If I posted a ton of fessy/haleigh and people really didnt like them then I wouldnt post about them anymore. Id find a couple thread I COULD post about them.... I'm not saying not to post but like, you cant get upset when I criticize the photos or whats going on. Trust me girl I'm tired of dealing with the sensitivity. Its just as frustrating for me to deal with the constant whining from you guys as it is for you guys to deal with me being negative.... its a two way street. i dont want to see cody/jess or level 6. I choose to block their social media so I dont have to see it and ten I come here and its being posted everywhere. Its annoying.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-19-2018 at 02:23 PM
Old 10-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

DO NOT pass judgment on my views of women’s rights or racism. You don’t know my experiences or the things that have shaped my views, and in addition, you don’t know my full views. I will not stand for you saying something like that to me or anyone else here. That is WRONG.

Jess, Millie, any lurkers . . . got any ideas for a new topic of conversation we can try to generate here? I’m at a bit of a loss.
ICON
Old 10-19-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I never ever see you say anything to defend against those comments? I mean what are you thoughts on Angela saying her skin was "ghetto' as dark as Bayleigh's and gross? You've said NOTHING about it and just ignored it and still supported her.

You are right I dont know your views because you never ever talk about any of those things. You chose to ignore them when they get brought up. And that was my entire point. There is no passion/anger from you about those things when contestants on shows say and do horrible things yet you care about me calling someone's hair ugly? You guys get sooooo offended by me "attacking" your favorites yet turn a blind eye to other things that are said that are 10x more horrible. It doesnt make sense.

Im not asking you to share your political views or religious beliefs or anything of the sort, that is your prerogative to share... but general mean/racist/sexist comments are things that people SHOULD ALL agree on for being horrible and yet, nothing from anyone here. That offends ME personally.

If I am doing someone wrong then go to a moderator manager and get this sorted. But I'm not! I haven't personally attacked anyone here.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did speak about those things. Right in this thread. And I don’t feel the need to reiterate myself. I’m so hurt that you would dare say anything about my views (or anyone’s views) on such serious topics. Insinuating that other people here don’t find racist or sexist comments wrong is so insulting. It’s just that what you consider racist, for example, might be what someone else considers a poor choice of words.

Jess, Millie, I may need to take a break from this thread.
ICON
Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I never said you dont find them wrong, maybe you do, maybe you dont. I haven't seen it. I just find it hypocritical that you get so upset over innocent "mean" comments yet things said about far more serious issues by the contestants are often dismissed as if they mean nothing. It doesn't matter if you find such comments a "poor choice of words", to some people, they are racist. Angela saying "Im so dark like Bayleigh, its so gross and ghetto" is extremely racist to me. How that can be considered as a "poor choice of words" is beyond me, but regardless, people were quick to forgive her and claim her as their favorite this season and post photo after photo. I call some houseguests outfits ugly and its like y'all want to burn me at the stake for it.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

OK, this is going to be the LAST & FINAL post about all of this. We are about to start a new thread, so I am hoping that we can go into the next thread with a fresh start and remove any & all cristicims and claims about hypocrisy. Let’s “start over”, so to speak, and try to post positive, non-demeaning things, especially about each other.

Alexa, if you feel we’re purposefully posting stuff just to irate you because you didn’t like the same people we did, that is a petty & childish thing to say, but I apologize if you feel that way. The reason so much stuff about Season 20 has been posted is because it’s the latest season and it’s what’s relevant right now. Other stuff about other players have and will be posted, but right now, I haven’t seen anything in the news, so I haven’t shared stuff, but I will when I come across it. If I offended you in any post, I apologize, and I will try to be careful with my words. If I commented on someone’s bathing suit (I do recall that), I might not have used the best choice of words to describe it/them, but it was just one negative post/comment, while your posts/comments are negative post after post after post.

Quote:
I think there were some things I could have said differently and will try to say differently from now on. Perhaps Jess feels the same. (I won't speak for you, Jess.)
Right. Like I just said, maybe I didn’t have the best choice of words, and I apologize for that.

Quote:
It's a known fact that most men want sons.
How is this a “known” fact? Has research been done to prove this theory that most men want sons? You can’t just assume that and say someone is going to be unhappy based on “what you’ve heard”. Maybe most of the men you’ve known in your life wanted sons, but again, you can’t assume that’s the case for everyone. Maybe most people don’t want one of each... Because Cody already knows how to take care of a girl, he’s probably thrilled he doesn’t have to “learn” how to raise a boy, as of now. Jess & Cody are both young, so they have plenty of chances to try having a boy, but if they end up with 5 girls (it happens!), I’m sure Cody will be absolutely thrilled! Cody seemed really happy in that picture. Maybe you are right, though, and he’s not happy he’s having a 2nd daughter. He must be a really good actor then.

Anyway, I really don’t know what else to say regarding all of this, so, like I said, let’s just “drop it” now and move on to a new thread. Millie and I will be closely monitoring the thread from here on out, and nipping things in the bud right away if things start to escalate negatively and getting out of hand. You’re welcome to comment with your opinions about posts, but let’s try to refrain from really hateful comments.

This is only post #298, but I’m gonna go ahead and start the new thread, so we can “start fresh”.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

http://www.fanforum.com/f114/big-bro.../#post95418047