Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2015, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So excited for S2 because of these two.
Me too

Quote:
Like Ben's wife said herself, Ben NEVER got into anything he didn't want to. Even when Karen tricked him into meeting Fisk's mom, he could've walked away the minute he realized what was happening. He wanted that story, and he was proud of Karen for not backing down. I'm sure she'll do justice to his memory, and with Matt right by her side to help.
Oh God the fandom can be so negative (particularly to Karen). Ben was a grown man, and you could see how even his wife was super supportive of that story too - no one blamed her though, just Karen. His personal story speaks for him and even when he was kicked out of the paper he couldn't wait to write about it somewhere else. It was super touching to see how his wife didn't blame Karen for a second, her words brought me to tears tbh but I guess the anti Karens know better
Old 11-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I cried when Ben's wife spoke to her too, it was heartbreaking, and so sweet of her. You could tell Ben admired Karen by the way his wife treated her.

Karen got the short end of the stick on a lot of things - people gave her sht about getting between Matt and Foggy (which she never did), they blamed her for Ben's death (which obviously was not her fault), and with Claire being a love interest for Matt as well, they'd constantly belittle Karen, acting like she was nothing but a damsel in distress (which LOL so far from the truth I can't even). I'm very protective of Karen, and I think she's a wonderful, layered character. The fact that she's Matt's love interest does not diminish her story in the least. She's way more than just the hero's girlfriend, she's a fighter.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree. They could have easily gone with the pretty secretary trope but they actually built up another heroine who was fighting against the bad guy with her own weapons, which aren't superpowers but steadiness and courage. I swear I even read someone hates her for killing Wesley. The fact that Wesley was actually trying to buy off her talent and silence instead of killing her, plus threatening to kill her loved ones if she refused doesn't seem to touch her haters' minds, for which she's still both stupid and murderous.
As for her coming between couples, it's far from her fault. Matt and Foggy love each other deeply but they aren't gay for each other, which Karen can hardly do anything about. Nor did she hurt Foggy in any way?? Or I watched a different show MC were a mistake to begin with imo. If the writers intend to kill off Karen before the series finale and pair Matt with Claire afterwards I'm fine with it, but by developing a romantic relationship between Matt and Claire when Karen was already alive and in the picture they pissed off both the Clairedevil and the Karedevil shippers for their own and different reasons alike.
Personally I think Karen is a gift and I'll hardly ever change my mind

Last edited by drunkalice; 11-30-2015 at 09:27 AM
Old 11-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I swear I even read someone hates her for killing Wesley.
Because obviously she shouldn't have done what she had to in order to save the lives of the people she loved, nor her own life.

I can't at the level of delusion of some of these people.

I think they went with MC as well just so they'd have more options - Matt is a ladies' man after all - since most people know Matt/Karen is the main love story.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

From the way Charlie worded it it seemed like they were trying to pave MK's path in a way that wasn't what everyone expected from reading the comics, though I think they were also trying to keep more options open like you said. It's hard to tell because I'm not sure comics!Claire has someone she ends up with, so everything's possible. But I really hate that Karen can't seem to do anything right because someone ships Matt with others. In JJ Jessica screws up big time with a certain person (not going to spoil this to anyone) but she's getting almost no hate, I'm guessing because she's ruining no endgame dream. Neither should get any hate because they're written as flawed human beings and that's pretty much it as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

I didn't know that.

Karen doesn't deserve any hate, especially if it's because she's getting the way of their ship. Seriously me right off.

I like Matt/Claire and Matt/Karen and even if I didn't I think hating a character for the reason is pretty stupid.

From the previous thread cos everyone was busy while I was

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
I love these that scene and I loved how the balloon was still in there in the background. Even though I was too distracted by half-naked Matt the first time I watched it.

I also definitely disagree with Claire about Charlie's black costume. I'm really going to miss it.

I also love that hug. Such a wonderful moment between the two of them.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also definitely disagree with Claire about Charlie's black costume. I'm really going to miss it.
I'm sure we all are! I'm not into superhero costumes in general, then again I'm usually not into superheroes.

After reading a review I noticed the staging MK often have:

Apparently she first broke it by entering in Matt's space in this scene

I love me some clever cinematography!
Old 11-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never noticed that.

Also a great excuse to a post a few gifs.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

All excuses are good to post gifs
Old 11-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Also I finally traced a fanvideo I thought I'd lost forever or was removed! How does one post videos on ? anyway it's here:

the world fell apart | matt+Karen [daredevil]
Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
From the way Charlie worded it it seemed like they were trying to pave MK's path in a way that wasn't what everyone expected from reading the comics,
That's how I interpreted as well.

Love that video.

And I love the gifs showing how their scenes are shot, people have a great eye for that stuff, all I notice is whether the scene looks cool/nicely shot or not.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
And I love the gifs showing how their scenes are shot, people have a great eye for that stuff, all I notice is whether the scene looks cool/nicely shot or not.
Same it's fascinating that people actually work at that, and costume departments also have couples wear matching clothes as well, it's amazing!

This talented lady made another MK gifset:

http://corkwoood.tumblr.com/post/134...but-somehow-he
Old 12-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Also I finally traced a fanvideo I thought I'd lost forever or was removed! How does one post videos on ? anyway it's here:
Wonderful video and amazing gifs.

And to post a video YouTube on you need to: [YT] letters and numbers after the = [/ YT] There's also a button (or whatever they're called) at the top next to the Twitter one.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
Wonderful video and amazing gifs.

And to post a video YouTube on you need to: [YT] letters and numbers after the = [/ YT] There's also a button (or whatever they're called) at the top next to the Twitter one.
Thank you, I was starting to feel like an idiot