Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You can call me Tia!

When did you become a Spike/Fred fan?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
You can call me Tia!

When did you become a Spike/Fred fan?
Sorry it's taken so long to get back here and reply! For the final three years of BtVS I was actually a Spike/Buffy fan, but by the series' end I no longer liked Buffy, due to her overall treatment of Spike. I felt extremely sorry for Spike, and wanted him to find a girlfriend who would treat him with kindness and not be ashamed of him...and when I learned that he was going to be resurrected in AtS, it occurred to me that Fred was just that kind of girl. When I finally saw them onscreen together, I felt that their chemistry was great and that their relationship was very touching; a breath of fresh air after years of seeing Spike in misery.

I wish so much that Spike and Fred had been given an erotic scene, too -- an embrace, a kiss, SOME kind of romantic physical contact! I'll never forgive Mutant Enemy for cheating us out of that -- for cheating us out of pretty much anything sexual, for that matter. The shower scene in "Hellbound", for instance: of course foremost on Spike's mind would be his concern for Fred's safety and pondering what Pavagne's plans were...but at some point, for just a brief instant, there realistically should have been a moment when his eyes widened a little at the sight of Fred naked. His breath should have caught for just a moment, y'know? Nothing sleazy or lurid; just a normal, physical male body reaction to the unexpected sight of a nude, pretty girl whom he's found of. And it should have been done so that we, the viewers, could easily recognize it.

(They also should have let him out of that damned ill-fitting rubber duster. It looked horrid on him and covered him up the entire season. What happened to his fashion sense and the attractive shirts and short jacket he often wore on Buffy?)

How about you? How did you come to be a Spred shipper?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

~More Spredfic Recs~

These first three are a couple of years old; I only recently discovered them. A wee bit of warning about "The Mad Ones": it's got Spike behaving similarly to the way he did in the Destiny episode -- overcome with lust -- but thankfully in this Spred version, he's fond of the object of his lust and he treats her with more respect and affection than in the Sparmony version. (Also, in this version he remembers to unzip his pants.)

Bit of Bubbly by claudia6913
Adult Content Notice
AtS alternate reality season 5
rated R
ficlet

untitled by lodessa
lodessa: Drabble/Ficlet Offer
AtS season 5
rated G
drabble

The Mad Ones by eyebrowofdoom
remixredux08: Fic: The Mad Ones (Interdimensional Plasma Dynamics Remix) [Angel T.S.; Fred/Spike; NC-17]
AtS season 5 alternate reality for “Destiny”
rated NC-17
ficlet

This next one is brand-new, and includes a satirical wink at the over-the-top WTFness of BtVS comic book #34 ;D (the Flying Sexcapades issue.) It's also absolutely adorable: Spike and Fred share a joint and get a bit buzzy.

The Physics of Flying High by powerofthebook
powerofthebook - The Physics of Flying High - Spike/Fred - R
AtS season 5 (post-"Damage")
rated R
ficlet

This ficlet is only the second I've ever found in which Fred and Spike get high together. The first one was evenstar_estel's Dancing Around a Romance, written just before the beginning of AtS season 5. (Go to spred: Spike/Fred Classic Fic #2 by Evenstar and scroll down to section II.) It's interesting that in both cases, written years apart and by two different authors, StonerSpred is depicted the same way: goofy and funny and sweet, and with a languid and believable erotic/romantic mutual attraction.

The other new one is sistercuervo's multi-chapter fic Ashes and Sparks, a post-"Not Fade Away" story that is NOT based on the IDW comic books. This fic gives us Live Fred as well as Illyria! \o/

chapters 1-4:
Memorable Ashes and Sparks Entries
chapter 5:
sistercuervo: Chapter 5---Indiana Spike Ashes & Sparks

ETA on Apr.19th:

I've posted the concluding installment of the Spike/Fred ficlets collection I've dubbed The Cycle Series. Here's the link to that ficlet:

sockmonkeyhere: Mate (A Spike/Fred Ficlet)

and a link to the whole series:

( sockmonkeyhere: sockmonkeyhere's Fic Series

Last edited by Sock Monkey; 04-19-2010 at 09:47 AM
Old 05-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Hell Bound PicSpam!

Quotes...

Spike: I’m slipping. I don’t want to go but its like, the ground underneath me is splitting open. And my legs are straddling both sides. It’s getting wider, pulling me in.
Fred: Is that, is that what’s happening when you keep vanishing?
Spike: I know what’s down there. Where it’s trying to take me. And it’s not the place heroes go, not by a bloody long shot. It’s the other one, full of fire and torment. And it’s happening, and I’m terrified. Help me?

Fred: I am going to find a way to bring you back, really bring you back. I promise.
Spike: Well alright then, no need to get dramatic.

Fred: Ah!
Spike: How long did you know I was there?
Fred: Just since the lobby. But that popping up behind me was really scary. Look, I dropped my papers!
Spike: Nice touch.
Fred: Thanks!

Fred: I’ve told you before, you’re not a ghost.
Spike: Chipper, give us a hug.
Fred: You know what I mean. You’re more than a common spectral disturbance. I’ve never seen anything like you.
Spike: I bet you say that to all the spirits.

Fred: If I can defy most of the laws of nature, there’s a good chance I’ll be able to anchor you to this plane and make you corporeal!
Spike: Well, there just might be a hug in your future afterall.

Spike: Fred please, you have to use that perfect brain of yours, and get me the hell out of here.

Spike: I wanted to thank you pet. How you tried to help, I wanna tell you what that meant to me before I -
Fred: Damn I’m good.
Spike: You are?
Fred: Freakin genius. Just cancel out the radical…
Spike (to the demon): Thought you had me didn’t you!
Fred: … which causes a feedback wave that liquefies half of Los Angeles. Ugh! I’ll never figure this out.
Spike: Yes you will! Genius remember! Don’t throw in now Fred, please. (grabs her arm, she feels a spark)
Fred: Spike?
Spike: That’s right love. You felt it too, didn’t you? I’m here. I’m still here. She can feel me, you’re not taking me yet! You’re not taking me.

Angel: Fred, we did another sweep with the mystics. They didn’t find anything.
Fred: Screw the mystics. I know what I felt. We have to find a way to contact him before he’s really gone.

Spike: Reality bends to desire. That’s why I could touch Fred, write your name in the glass… all I had to do was want it bad enough.

Reaper: Decisions, the girl or the flesh? There’s no time for both.

Fred: I’m sorry.
Spike: Don’t be love, I made my choice. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
Fred: Just proves what I've been telling everybody.
Spike: That I'm a handsome devil who brightens the place up?
Fred: That you're worth saving.
Spike: I don’t have it so bad really. Plenty of room, good company.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

HELLBOUND! Thanks for bringing those over, DiBye23! I especially love the shower screencaps. (Although Mutant Enemy got the science there wrong; a hot shower steams up the inside of the shower door, not the outside. To write on the door, Spike would have had to do it from inside the shower stall. Where Nekid Fred is. Just sayin'. )

I've always wished that there'd be a canon scene later in which one or both of them thought about that shower visit...or even talked about it to each other. Fred knew that Spike had been there, after all, and that he'd had to have seen her naked. And Spike surely had to have had some reaction to that sight, in spite of his worry and concentration on the Reaper problem. So I made mention of it in one of my fics:

Quote:
The first time he'd seen her, he recalled, was when he'd materialized in a swirl of ash and fire in Angel's office: amidst the frightening herky-jerky images of strange, frozen men and furniture there'd been a pair of skinny female legs and a ridiculously short miniskirt, the young woman wearing it gaping at him with the same open-mouthed amazement as the men.

He closed his eyes and remembered a nicer view of her, nude and wet in the showerbath of her laboratory. He wasn't perving on her, he'd reminded himself later. Foremost on his mind had been to just bloody communicate with her, to tell her what he knew of the spectral killer in their midst, and should that killer enter the bathroom, to keep it away from her somehow. Still, there'd been a tiny part of him...that couldn't help but ogle, just a little.

sockmonkeyhere: In Dreams: Part 7
I hope other Spred writers will give us their version of it someday, too!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

These two were by far my favorite part of season 5.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've gotten Part 17 of my Spredfic In Dreams written and posted:

sockmonkeyhere: In Dreams: Part 17
Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oops, edited due to accidental double-post!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the Hell Bound picspam/quotes!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here's a few pro-Spred comments made recently by James Marsters!

1) My friend Alison attended the New York City Comic Con this past weekend, and while she was getting JM's autograph she asked him if he thought that Spike and Fred could have had something in Season 5. His reply was "Yes. Definitely. In fact... they were supposed to, buut..." and she said he then made a 'bleeeh' motion with his hand.

2) JM was part of a Q&A session at Toronto’s Fan Expo Canada this past August, and an audience member asked him about Fred and Spike; that those two characters seemed to be forming a relationship in Season 5 of Angel and would he (James) have liked for that to have developed further. James' answer was caught on video and posted on YouTube --> YouTube - James Marsters at Toronto's Fan Expo - Aug 28, 2010 (3/3)

Here's a transcription of his reply:

I kinda hoped Fred and Spike would have a…(audience chuckles) I thought it would be a great counterpoint ‘cause she’s so wholesome and wonderful and he’s so…not. (audience laughter) Yeah…I thought that they were gonna go that way from the very beginning, when I was a ghost and she was being nice to me…but then they decided to go elsewhere; I don’t know why.

Alison's report was the first time I've heard that JM thought a Spike/Fred pairing was SUPPOSED to happen. Always before, it was just "I wish it would have happened" (the Toronto Q&A) or "James told me he thought it would happen" (Amy Acker on the Season 5 DVD commentary), as though he thought the scripts were hinting at it but then learned that he'd misunderstood. I'd like to try to e-mail some of the Mutant Enemy writers from that time and ask them if they actually had considered making a Spike/Fred romance at some point, and how they would have done it if they'd been allowed.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBye23 (View Post)
These two were by far my favorite part of season 5.
Same for me. I just loved them.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey (View Post)
Here's a few pro-Spred comments made recently by James Marsters!

1) My friend Alison attended the New York City Comic Con this past weekend, and while she was getting JM's autograph she asked him if he thought that Spike and Fred could have had something in Season 5. His reply was "Yes. Definitely. In fact... they were supposed to, buut..." and she said he then made a 'bleeeh' motion with his hand.

2) JM was part of a Q&A session at Toronto’s Fan Expo Canada this past August, and an audience member asked him about Fred and Spike; that those two characters seemed to be forming a relationship in Season 5 of Angel and would he (James) have liked for that to have developed further. James' answer was caught on video and posted on YouTube --> YouTube - James Marsters at Toronto's Fan Expo - Aug 28, 2010 (3/3)

Here's a transcription of his reply:

I kinda hoped Fred and Spike would have a…(audience chuckles) I thought it would be a great counterpoint ‘cause she’s so wholesome and wonderful and he’s so…not. (audience laughter) Yeah…I thought that they were gonna go that way from the very beginning, when I was a ghost and she was being nice to me…but then they decided to go elsewhere; I don’t know why.

Alison's report was the first time I've heard that JM thought a Spike/Fred pairing was SUPPOSED to happen. Always before, it was just "I wish it would have happened" (the Toronto Q&A) or "James told me he thought it would happen" (Amy Acker on the Season 5 DVD commentary), as though he thought the scripts were hinting at it but then learned that he'd misunderstood. I'd like to try to e-mail some of the Mutant Enemy writers from that time and ask them if they actually had considered making a Spike/Fred romance at some point, and how they would have done it if they'd been allowed.
Wow really? I did not know he felt that way. I personally would have a hard time seeing it after the whole thing with Buffy. Though I can see what they were talking about with the hinting.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

For some reason as much of a Spuffy fan I was and I mean totally to the heart Spuffy fan, I really wouldn't have had a problem with Spike & Fred...or Spike/Illyria.....I really enjoyed all their scenes and I loved the way they worked with each other. It was just awesome!

I couldn't see Fred going with Spike though because of Wesley. so probably Spike with Illyria would have been more likely to happen?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

I am not sure Spike and Illyria would happen either. Illyria was a little obsessed with Wes because of Fred's memories for him.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It could have worked better than Spike and Fred. she is still Illyria. but then again it could have worked with Spike and Fred, depends on the written. the writers could make anything happen.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread