http://www.fanforum.com/f24/fred-spi...l#post40446066

But I'll post the links to them here, too:

Acid-Base Reactions by powerofthebook
powerofthebook - Venturing into Spike/Fred Territory
AtS season 5 (post-"Lineage")
rated PG
ficlet

Shove With Your Hips by alison_swift
How the elephant got in my pajamas... - Fic: Shove With Your Hips.
post-AtS season 5 (in which Fred has been resurrected)
rated PG-13
ficlet

The Lost by lilithbint (aka lilithangel)
spred: Another Spredfic by Litithbint
alternate reality BtVS Season 7 / AtS Season 4
Rated PG
Ficlet

(I wish like the dickens that this version had been canon. And it fits so well with DarlaProduction’s Fred & Spike~ A Different Path video!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROhDj3dNRIY

She's Come Undone by sockmonkeyhere (aka Sock Monkey)
sockmonkeyhere: She's Come Undone (A Spike/Fred Ficlet)
She's Come Undone, an Angel fanfic - FanFiction.Net
post-AtS season 5 (sequel to A Time to Gather Stones Together)
rated PG-13
ficlet

And here's a choice of links to all the chapters of Alison's Retrieval and Return story, including several new chapters:

Retrieval and Return by alison_swift
spred: Chapter 6 of alison_swift's Spike/Fred f
Memorable FanFiction Entries
AtS post-After the Fall
rated R
6 chapters: WIP

ETA: DarlaProduction's Spred video has been retitled "Spike and Fred ~ A Different Path" and has a new URL:
YouTube - Spike and Fred ~ A Diffrent Path ~ AU

Last edited by Sock Monkey; 10-18-2009 at 07:43 PM
Old 10-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here's a question for my fellow Spred 'shippers:

If you could change the past (or the future!), at what point in BtVS or AtS would you prefer that Fred and Spike meet and begin a romance?

A) During the TV years? Which season?

B) In the comic books? In which story arc? "After the Fall" or afterwards?

I'd be happy with any beginning, of course, but I think my favorite would be the scenario in lilithbint's ficlet The Lost.
spred: Another Spredfic by Litithbint
It has Fred running an Angel Investigations errand in Sunnydale and discovering that the request is from Dawn and Xander, who want AI to take custody of newly-souled crazy-in-the-school-basement Spike. It addresses so many of the frustrations I had with the canon BtVS Season 6 Spike story -- Fred openly displays compassion for him, and although cautious, doesn't hesitate to help him, while giving the Scoobies a harsh little piece of her mind about their lack of same -- something that I thought was sorely missing in the canon version.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

I think I'd like to go all the way back to the time Buffy left him when Riley accused Spike of having the demon eggs in his basement. Buffy gave him no chance to explain...and she left him with a goodby for "William". If ONLY he had accepted the end then and there. Maybe he would have left for a little "time out" to refocus himself...meeting up with Fred then. He could have still come back with the shiny necklace and been all self-sacrificing and all...but maybe Fred would have worked out a way for Spike to be all Championy without having the whole school come down on him.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

LOVE LOVE LOVE Spike and Fred. Amazing chemistry and an amazing story. So much potential. I would have loved to see it pan out.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Welcome
Old 10-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

I re-watched S5 and fell in LOVE with them all over again. If the show had continued another season I so think they would have been given a shot.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengaria (View Post)
I think I'd like to go all the way back to the time Buffy left him when Riley accused Spike of having the demon eggs in his basement. Buffy gave him no chance to explain...and she left him with a goodby for "William". If ONLY he had accepted the end then and there. Maybe he would have left for a little "time out" to refocus himself...meeting up with Fred then.
Ooh, I like that scenario, too! I know that would have left BtVS without a romantic male lead, but...I don't care. *grin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengaria (View Post)
He could have still come back with the shiny necklace and been all self-sacrificing and all...but maybe Fred would have worked out a way for Spike to be all Championy without having the whole school come down on him.
Fred would have had sense enough to make Willow just knock the whole school aside (after throwing a protective tarp over Spike, of course), so that all the ubervamps were exposed to the sun and NO good guys would have died!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBye23 (View Post)
I re-watched S5 and fell in LOVE with them all over again. If the show had continued another season I so think they would have been given a shot.
Hi, DiBye23! Depending on which writer(s) had the most influence, I think so, too. Steven DeKnight, who wrote "Hellbound", told me at a convention that he really liked the pairing and wished that there'd been a Spike/Fred romance in Season 5. Whedon, on the other hand, didn't seem interested in AtS Spike other than using him as a clown -- his focus was on torturing Wesley. If he'd gotten his fill of doing that by killing Fred off in Season 5, perhaps he'd have then allowed the other writers to bring her back, while he left AtS alone and went on to his new projects (Wonder Woman, Dollhouse, comic books, whatever.)

Here's a report I found online regarding the plans for the sixth season:
Despite Fred's soul supposedly shattering in the process of Illyria taking over her body, Joss Whedon originally intended for Fred and Illyria to be split in two had Angel gotten a sixth season, as revealed by Amy Acker in an interview: "As I’m playing this new character now, it was just some stuff that he was going to do with her and bringing Fred back and getting to work with both characters." [1]
^ dreamwatch no.115. Titan Magazines. April 2004.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyria_(Angel)

If Whedon HAD continued to want Wesley tortured, he could have done that in Season 6 by having a resurrected Fred find out about Wes stabbing Gunn. Fred could have been horrified about that, and recalled Wes's mutilation of his "father" over her, and told Wes that he wasn't the man she thought he was. Fred could have then turned to Spike, while Wes went depresso all over again and glommed onto Illyria in despair.

(I don't actually like the idea of Wes, or ANY character, suffering constantly. But Whedon does, it seems, so if he was going to torture Wes anyway, we might as well get a Spred romance out of the deal. )

Last edited by Sock Monkey; 10-24-2009 at 10:11 AM
Old 10-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, there were some HUGE hints at Spike/Fred in the first part of the season and even when she died. The looks he gave her were telling.

Reentry Chapter 12: Part 12, an Angel fanfic - FanFiction.Net

This story is really good. It's well written, it deals with the I/F being in the same body sort of and it is full of Spike/Fred.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, there were some HUGE hints at Spike/Fred in the first part of the season and even when she died. The looks he gave her were telling.
The "season 6" Angel: After the Fall comic books were the same way: heavy indication of an upcoming Spike/Fred romance at first, followed by a big bait-and-switch in the end. Throughout the early issues, Spike took tender care of Fred after discovering her in a hell dimension, he held her in his arms several times, he fantasized about being married to her, and another character said he thought that Spike was falling in love with Fred. And then it inexplicably all got dropped, and the writer said that he hadn't intended those scenes to be interpreted as romantic at all! (I'm baffled as to what his definition of "romance" is; his comics certainly had many readers believing that a romance was imminent.) And just as in Season 5, After the Fall ended with Fred being dead AGAIN. I've been posting and e-mailing the comic book company ever since, begging them to bring Fred back to life permanently (and to pair her with Spike again!)...but they just keep saying "No." Hopefully I'm not the only fan doing that; maybe if enough people request it, they'll be willing to resurrect Fred and let the Spred 'ship finally sail.

Quote:
Reentry Chapter 12: Part 12, an Angel fanfic - FanFiction.Net

This story is really good. It's well written, it deals with the I/F being in the same body sort of and it is full of Spike/Fred.
Aw, thank you! I wrote that story right after the AtS TV series ended; I've since added a couple of sequels to it.

One of my favorite Spred fics is Good Friday by Kat Leon (aka kats_meow.) It changes the ending of Season 5: Wesley in desperation uses black magic to bring Fred back, resulting in Fred and Illyria being trapped in the same body -- with Spike to the rescue!

Good Friday Chapter One, an Angel fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Old 10-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Thanks! I'll read that one soon! I'm pretty used to not getting a happy ending with my ships. But at least Spike and Fred were never ruined. They never had a bad brake up. They never hurt one another. They were just really amazing together for the time that they did have. And I'm okay with that. Especially when fans out there write amazing storied like the ones posted
Old 10-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks! I'll read that one soon! I'm pretty used to not getting a happy ending with my ships. But at least Spike and Fred were never ruined. They never had a bad brake up. They never hurt one another. They were just really amazing together for the time that they did have. And I'm okay with that. Especially when fans out there write amazing storied like the ones posted
Wouldn't it be great if there were as many good fan-created online graphic novels as there are fan-created fics? The only fancomics I've ever seen were some featuring Willow/Tara, and that was several years ago. I guess it's easier for most people to write than to draw.

If you have a yen for more stories, here's a list of links (the sixth post down; four posts in all, back-to-back) to all the well-written Spredfics I've been able to find:
http://www.fanforum.com/f24/fred-spi...87/index2.html

The links to Evenstar's fics are currently not working, so I've PM'd her to see if she's got them archived anyplace else. I think all the other links are still okay.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much! I appreciate it
Old 10-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

You're welcome! Oh, I've gotten in touch with Evenstar, and here's the new links to her stories:

Dancing Around a Romance
spred: Spike/Fred Classic Fic #2 by Evenstar

Healing Hands
spred: Spike/Fred Classic Fic #1 by Evenstar

ETA: I just now discovered that FanForum's closed its fanfic board due to lack of traffic, so I've added our Spredfic links list to the second post of Page 1 of this thread, in order to keep the list current.

Last edited by Sock Monkey; 10-25-2009 at 03:20 AM
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Thanks! The fics all look great!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
New Fan

Wow this forum is awesome! I'm Bella and I love Spike I just started watching Angel not too long ago and instantly fell in love with Fred. I went on you tube and found a few videos of them together and now love them both as a couple I've read a few fics of them and can't say a single bad thing about any of them lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread