Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well it was never said that Vampire's couldn't grow hair, so I guess we'll just have to tell ourselves that they actually can in the BtVS-verse
Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
Well it was never said that Vampire's couldn't grow hair, so I guess we'll just have to tell ourselves that they actually can in the BtVS-verse
yeah, I suppose. but that doesnt make them as dead as Id like them to be
Callace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Vampire's are... reanimated corpses... so it makes sense that their hair growth would be reanimated too
Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the episode Life Serial always bugged me. If the Trio had the power to put someone in time loops, why couldn't they just do that to each others, intill they managed their evil plans?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Suprise in the teaser, Buffy woories that Dru may not be dead, because "we never saw her body" some of the same thing. Hello! Dead vampires dont leave bodies. the slayer ought to know that! I cant believe that line went past Joss`s censorship, or that Sarah didnt object to it.
That's a really excellent point. I consider myself as quite informed about all things BTVS, but that point didn't even occur to me. Strange that, as you say, it didn't occur to Joss either. It's such an obvious point.

The drowning thing with Spike really did bug me, though. I mean surely he wouldn't have had to have breathed, so the water wouldn't have entered his lungs at all.

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by callace (View Post)

when she was bad ... it strikes me as quite odd that the Master has a skeleton corpse, not just dust.
I questioned the skeleton bones also, but it didn't really bug me.

Quote:

Bring on the Night The First drowning Spike. Vampires dont breathe. but still he clearly does in that scene. that puts me out of an otherways really well played and powerful scene. I end up feeling sorry for James being drowned, but is way to aware that there is no vampire in it.
Yeah, This one bothered me too. The First obviously knew that Spike could not be drowned so that whole scene didn't make sense to me.
=-Kathy-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
Actually the hair and fingernails of corpses continue to grow. I think that is why traditionally vampires are usually depicted with long fingernails.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
Actually the hair and fingernails of corpses continue to grow. I think that is why traditionally vampires are usually depicted with long fingernails.
Well there you go then!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
the episode Life Serial always bugged me. If the Trio had the power to put someone in time loops, why couldn't they just do that to each others, intill they managed their evil plans?
Since the time loop-de-loop was a product of one of Jonathan's spells involving his "Magic Bone" there could have been some ingredient of the spell that they currently only had one of. Now that you have pointed this out it will probably bug me every time I see this episode but not by much.

Did anyone notice one of the characters out of character near the end of this episode when Buffy and Spike come out of the bar and go up to the van. After Buffy kicks the red demon ( which was Jonathan in a glamour ) and he causes that puff of smoke we see this first over the shoulder of Buffy and Spike. But when the camera comes around to see their faces you can that Sarah is totally in character but James is laughing before he fully straightens up and is in character. Although it is an error I always look for that very brief glimpse that shows they had fun on the set. Probably one of the cast or crew made some comment.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
They were having a contest to see who could confound Buffy for the longest period of time. It was probably one of those things that could only work if someone didn't know that it was happening to them....

I dunno....
Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

I don't know if any of these were mentioned before, but here's my issues:

-Spike suffocating Drusilla in Becoming Pt. 2. Vamps don't breathe, so how can she faint?

-Inconsistencies with how long it takes for someone to die or be drained of almost all their blood in order to become a vampire. In Becoming it takes only a few seconds for Darla to finish sucking Liam/Angel's blood. But in Graduation Day it takes forever for Angel to suck Buffy's blood, and she doesn't even die.

I'm sure there are a lot more, I'll see if I can think of anything else.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did he suffocate her? wow, I didnt notice that I thought he just knocked her out. couldnt have paid enough attention

the draining point is a very good one! I have also wondered how long time it really takes before someone is resurrected after the vamp has sired them. sometimes it seems to happen more or less instantly, but other times there is clearly time for a funeral... (and according to After life\LMPTM both seem to have been the case at the same sireing!

If the time-loop spell had to be cast on an ignorant person, one of them could have cast it upon the two others, to let them complete their mission.

I also have problems in Smashed (which otherways could have been a really good ep) with the way Willow brought Amy back. first: conjure a spell-text?? If that was possible, why all the reading in spellbooks earlier, or the need to go to the magic box to suck books in Villains? second, the spell she conjured is wrong. Its the Hecute-incantation that will bring Amy back!

Last edited by Callace; 01-09-2008 at 04:27 AM
Old 01-11-2008, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From what I could understand, it was the First who resurrected Angel. If it has that kind of power, why coiuldn't it resurrect its own dusted vampires?
Old 01-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
-Spike suffocating Drusilla in Becoming Pt. 2. Vamps don't breathe, so how can she faint?
That one really did infuriate me a lot. But I suppose it could have been just Drusilla fainting in her whacky Drusilla way...

Angel: I love you.
Buffy: I love you.
Angel: Nothing can change that. Not even death.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue (View Post)
That one really did infuriate me a lot. But I suppose it could have been just Drusilla fainting in her whacky Drusilla way...
I didn't go back to check but I thought he applied pressure to the jugular to block the supply of oxygen to the brain. If done right I think you can knock a person out. If done too long I think you could cause brain damage and/or death. Not sure.

Anyway if he squeezes the front of her neck then it would be suffocation if the side then knocking her out.
Reply   Post New Thread