Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Leyki's review of Buffy # 12.

https://leykimayri.wordpress.com/201...s-you-part-02/

ETA

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/news...-review/130933

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #12 Review

By John McCubbin on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015

Has Buffy finally decided to go with the devil she knows? Or is this just a mere infatuation? Read on to find out.

The official description from Dark Horse:

Buffy and her crew are on the cusp of some monumental relationship stuff, but entanglements are waylaid when they’re forced to fight a new evil and the flesh homunculi he creates . . .

Love is in the air for everyone’s favourite slayer, as she finally decides to give into her conflicting feelings towards Spike. This’ll come as no surprise to long time fans, as though the TV series saw a firm distaste between the two characters for the better part, the development since has had it’s fair share of awkward moments. Putting that to one side, Love Dares You Part Two also manages to give an exciting climax to Andrew’s latest developments, as though there were some questionable moments, it remained thoroughly entertaining.

This issue sees a welcomed return of Nicholas Brendon to the writing team, with the former Xander actor once again teaming up with Christos Gage to continue the saga of Buffy and co. Delivering some emotionally dramatic moments, the duo certainly capture the serious nature of these developments, with the witty dialogue during the later sequences, adding a bit of humour as well. The writers also manage to generate some wonderful action, with the dialogue within adding fabulous tempo.

The change in art direction over these last couple of issues has been something that I’ve been in two minds over, as though Megan Levens‘ art is just as fun as Rebekah Isaacs‘, it’s not quite as impressive on the whole. Despite this, Levens manages to capture the dramatic tempo of this tale beautifully, with the emotional exchange between Buffy and Spike being as awkward as expected. She also manages to deliver some exciting action, with Andrew’s facial expressions being comical to say the least. In addition to this, we also get fabulous colours from Dan Jackson, with his vibrant palette giving a lively tone to these wonderful illustrations.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 takes some dramatic twists, with the pairing of Buffy and Spike romantically leaving the door open for many different scenarios. The comical tone in the remaining sequences, also manages to add great atmosphere, as though there are some questionable moments, the series is still as awesome as ever.

+ Buffy and Spike finally together!
+ Fun art from Megan Levens.
+ Humorous moments from Andrew.
- Some questionable moments.

Last edited by comic fan; 02-17-2015 at 02:24 PM
comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Addicted Fan

That Kiss In The Buffy Comic. No Not Last Month’s, Today’s. Spoilers….

That Kiss In The Buffy Comic. No Not Last Month's, Today's. Spoilers.... - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

I won't have my copy until the end of the week
Old 02-21-2015, 04:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Angel & Faith # 12.

Preview :: Dark Horse Comics

Old 02-22-2015, 04:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I got my copy of Buffy # 12,"Dare To Love Part II" on Friday evening.

I don't really have much to say.As most know,the Buffy/Spike stuff isn't my cup of tea and that was the brunt of the issue.

I did like little things in the issue though .Liked the Xander/Dawn scenes.For the first time this season they weren't trying to rekindle things and their interaction felt natural again.

The Giles plot I think is going to a interesting place.After last issue and this, it's clear Giles feels so frustrated at his current state.This could get really interesting going forward.

I thought Buffy's lines about Xander oversharing were funny.

Didn't really have much feelings about Andrew coming out and his possible new relationship.I don't really care for Andrew as a character so ,yeah no real feeling positive or negative there.

As for the end and Spike's dream.As others are speculating,this could related to Angel also having the same thing happening to him in Angel & Faith.So we'll see if there is a connection and where that goes.

So,those are my thoughts on Buffy # 12.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Im really happy about season 10 so far.
The Art is quite enjoyable, i get used to the rather colorful and bright look.

The Writing is very good and doesnt feel "out of character".
Storywise its an on and off, some of it is good, the other not so much.
The Monster design could be better...but they are mostly cannon fodder, so its alright.

As a Buffy/Spike fan, issue 12 was fantastic, the ending felt a bit season 7 like...i wonder what awaits us.

So far im really happy with season 10.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
BlueWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:26 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you, BlueWolf. I can honestly say i'm totally loving Season 10.

Spike and Buffy dealing with their past and their feelings for each other was a long time coming. Im glad the writers finally decided to go there.
Rabbit-moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy # 13.

Preview: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #13 - Comic Book Resources

EXCL. PREVIEW: Has The First Evil Returned in "Buffy: the Vampire Slayer" #13?

Is one of the Scooby gang responsible for the murders Buffy's investigating? Christos Gage, Nicholas Brendon and Megan Levins aren't telling...

Some suspiciously supernatural murders have Spike, Xander, Willow, and Giles in a conundrum. They have to talk to Buffy, but there’s something about the killer they’re pretty sure she’s not going to like . . . Meanwhile, Andrew gets some relationship advice from Buffy!

Old 03-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Buffy info from Long Beach Comic Expo.Some new info and insight

Star Wars and Buffy News From the Long Beach Comic Expo

Star Wars and Buffy News From the Long Beach Comic Expo

Greg Weisman, Christos Gage, and Megen Levens give a peek behind the comic curtain.

The final panel was the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics panel with current Buffy writer and artist Christos Gage and Megan Levens. Gage revealed he did not watch Buffy or Angel when it was originally on; he was approached by Dark Horse’s Scott Allie to write the Angel & Faith series and had to binge watch both shows to be brought up to speed. Because of this he can’t tell one season from another after watching them all. Levens watched Angel in college when it was originally on and didn’t know it was a spin-off. Nicholas Brendon, who played Xander on Buffy, has co-written a few issues with Gage and he was asked about their writing relationship. They live close to each other, so after Gage writes a first draft of a script he gets together with Brendon, who adds notes about Xander and helps with dialogue, especially on Xander and Giles. Brendon came up with the premise for Issue 19. Levens was asked what’s the craziest thing she’s drawn so far, and she replied “Shirtless Spike with kittens.” This season is the most character driven of the comic because for the first time the entire Scooby Gang is together. Creator of Buffy, Joss Whedon, said to Gage he felt he got too far from the characters in the Eighth Season of the comics, so he wanted to bring them back together. When asked what the Big Bad was this season, Gage said growing up and being an adult. Another source of trouble will be Buffy never having a relationship with Spike while he’s had a soul, so that inspires the two to try to make a go of it. Joss told Gage this would make Buffy very uncomfortable, so he was all for it. Giles, who’s currently a teenage boy, was also a source of commentary. It was suggested that the first season of Angel & Spike would have Angel focued on trying to resurrect Giles. Scott Allie didn’t want the vampire to be successful, while Joss and Christos did. Gage suggested that Giles be brought back as the Ripper, when he was young and had just enough magic to cause trouble, but Whedon said that would cause issues, “…like would Ripper-Giles want to sleep with Buffy?” This idea was shot down. Levens said she had an epiphany when she was able to draw the characters from memory, so she knew she was going to do their likenesses justice. She enjoys drawing Spike and Little Giles the most. The only character she hasn’t been able to draw is Angel. This prompted a question from the audience which asked since Angel and Spike were having the same sort of nightmares, going vamp and attacking innocent people, would this compel them to meet up? Keeping a straight face, Gage replied that could be one way for the books to crossover. He ended that line of thought with, “Wouldn’t it be delightful if he appeared in Buffy?” Another question asked was if there was anything the fans ask for but you can’t do. Gage responded with the fanfic favorite, the Buffy-Spike-Angel threeway, though it was teased in a dream sequence in a previous issue. He also revealed that he was the one to show Nicholas Brendon the large Spike-Xander relationship fanfics online. Asked what would be their dream projects, Gage said a Godzilla versus Avengers book and Levens would love to be on the current run of Ms. Marvel. Though this panel was only an hour long, everyone was entertained with what was said, and it was a perfect close for the Expo.

ETA

Megan Levens video interview from Long beach Comic Expo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUAJHM2Dr-g

1)Talks about her other work.

2)Talks how she got the Buffy gig from her Madam Frankenstein work.

3)Talks about drawing actor likeness.

4)Talks about the story arc.She loves Andrew's story in this arc and working on the arc.

5)There are some challenges ahead for for Buffy and Spike.She's only doing one more issue though and doesn't have too much sorfisght beyond that (but she hopes to do more issues down the line)but she can say in regards to Buffy and Spike,As soon as people get happy,some thigns come up as usual in the Whedonverse.They're different characters at this stage so it will be interesting to see how they handle these roadblocks.

6)She is loving Marvel books right now.Would love to work Ms.Marvel and Miles Morales.

ETA 2

First advanced review for Angel & Faith # 12.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/comi...-review/131802

Angel & Faith Season 10 #12 Review

By John McCubbin on Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015

Angel and Faith are both now residing in Magic Town! But does this mean that the duo are finally back together? Read on to find out.

Though she’s returned to London, Faith isn’t planning to join up with Team Angel again. But circumstances will throw the Slayer and the vampire together when someone searching for Illyria brings his quest through Magic Town . . .

Angel Faith Season 10 12 variant Angel & Faith Season 10 #12 ReviewFanboys and fangirls around the world had to have rejoiced at the developments in the last issue, as though it was awesome to see Angel and Faith do their own things respectively, they are much more interesting collectively than apart. That thought does however need to be placed on hold for one second, as though the two characters are sharing the same location (Magic Town, London), it would appear that they’re still going to be split up, with Faith in no mood to be “sidekicking,” for Angel.

It’s this latter statement that has let me down a little from Victor Gishler‘s script, as though I agree that there needs to be some level of separation, this seems like a step backwards rather than forwards. Nonetheless, the writer does give us some interesting moments, with the backstory of Eldre Koh and revelation from Fred allowing for some captivating moments. There’s also a little excitement, with the culminating sequences leading into something that shows a lot of promise.

The artwork on this issue is however once again faultless, with the ultra detailed pencils, and slick inkwork of Will Conrad being as pleasing to the eye as ever before. Capturing the likeness of these characters superbly, whilst crafting this into a smooth, fluid series of layouts, the artist certainly knows how to create drama. He also delivers some intense action, as well as wonderful scenery, as though the former is a little sparse compared to normal, it still adds depth. The colours of Michelle Madsen also continues to add a vivid overtone, with the mixture of dark and punchy colours allowing for great texture.

Angel & Faith Season 10 #12 may not be one of the best issues the series has produced, proving to be rather the opposite. It does however do enough to intrigue, and given the fact this is one of the poorer issue, that’s only testament to the series strength on the whole.

OUR RATING
+ Intriguing backstory to Eldre Koh.
+ Magnificent art from Will Conrad.
- The whole Illyria angel was a little predictable.
- The choice to keep Angel and Faith separated isn’t one that wins me over.

Last edited by comic fan; 03-03-2015 at 01:08 PM
Old 03-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Angel & Faith Season 10 Issue #12: United Part Two Review

Angel & Faith Season 10 Issue #12: United Part Two Review

Posted by Kory Cerjak
March 4, 2015

Koh, Angel, and Illyria enter a room…

Creative Staff:
Script: Victor Gischler
Art: Will Conrad
Colors: Michelle Madsen
Letters: Richard Starkings and Jimmy Betancourt

What They Say:
“United Part Two”

The appearance of Fred Burkle wandering the streets of Magic Town has Angel concerned and absolutely determined to keep Fred safe and in control of herself—though the Old One Illyria is still within her and trying to get out. Another surprise for Angel is Slayer Faith Lehane’s return to Magic Town. Having parted somewhat awkwardly, the two are working together again: to help Fred and to deal with the sudden arrival of Eldre Koh, a demon bent on vengeance and seeking his friend Illyria.

Content: (please note that content portions of a review may contain spoilers):
It’s never easy not knowing what’s true and what’s false. The Eldre Koh we knew is still on his path for vengeance, but he shows a new face. He’s second guessing himself. He tells his story of becoming a Yataro, the highest warrior you can be as a Nitobe. You go on a rage for 30 days and 30 nights, returning exhausted and with days or perhaps weeks or memories gone. He might have returned to his town and killed the entirety of it. And his memory is clouded by the ritual. After his run in with Buffy, he’s questioning himself. Nadira says that revenge consumes you, and it does, but it’s not just a matter of revenge, but of honor. His people need to do this to regain what honor he can possibly have. The world is black and white to Koh where his vengeance is the light to strive to, but Buffy and Nadira give a much more gray perspective. His entire worldview is shatter by two little girls, from his point of view.

And Fred is back. Illyria looms in the body of Fred, ready to take over at any moment of weakness, but Fred is back. And she’s fighting. They were both “reset” by the seed’s destruction and it allowed Fred to regain control of her body, however temporary or permanent it may be. But Koh needs Illyria, the one who said she had information on his revenge. The information she has is disturbing. She was the one that set up Koh’s town—the Yatara’s—complete extinction. She wanted to control the Nitobe, but they would bow to no God. She manipulated them like a puppet master and got what she wanted in the end, at the cost of Koh’s life. Illyria is perhaps another redemption, swayed by what little sway Fred has in her body. She’s doing the right thing or maybe just wanted a new vessel. Old ones can’t die, but her vanity has waned in these twilight hours. Or maybe she just feels indebted to one who helped in the Deep Well.

Faith, however, wants none of it. She’s not here for Angel, Fred, or Koh. She’s here to be a consultant for Reese Zane and consulting she will do…with maybe a drink or two during the off hours.

In Summary:
This was a Faith-light issue and I’m glad for it. The way they’re juggling the Angel and Faith storylines is pretty much perfect in this issue, which is a godsend since I’ve been complaining about pretty much only that in these Angel and Faith issues this season. What this issue did great wasn’t big character moments or plot progression, but huge reveals and laying seeds. I loved the stuff with Illyria and Koh and it only makes you think and rethink their own motivations throughout this recent run. Think and rethink like Angel and Faith have done for a long time.

Content Grade: A-
Art Grade: A-

Released By: Dark Horse
Release Date: March 4, 2015
MSRP: $3.50

Comic Book Review: Angel & Faith Season 10 #12 - Geeked Out Nation

Comic Book Review: Angel & Faith Season 10 #12

Big things have been coming in this series as Faint and Angel finally meet again, but Fred makes her way back into their lives again. A big shocker that you didn’t expect to see coming. One which certainly has you split in reactions because you love Fred as a fan of the show, yet you also like Illyria based on how she changed her ways up to that valiant sacrifice to bring magic back into the world.

This was an interesting issue just for the fact that of all the time Koh has appeared in the Buffyverse, he always came off as that anti-hero bent on revenge. Nothing more to him beyond that and doing whatever he thought was most honorable in the moment. So it is good to see that someone like Victor Gischler could take that leap and dig into this character of mystery’s past. Koh’s story was solid and made sense of what has sent him on this path of vengeance. Even how he found his way into the thick of the Buffyverse in general made sense by the end of his story. We now know how Koh got his powers, who he supposedly seeks for revenge, who he really seeks for revenge, and how that brings things full circle with what is happening at this time. It shows that Victor Gischler has a plan, and knows how to use specific elements from the Buffyverse necessary to move the story along. As a whole this was the best way to take advantage of the effects of the new magic in the world.

Which brings us to Fred as she struggles to keep Illyria at bay. It’s good to see that there aren’t any tricks with that situation. Anyone could have easily thrown some twist that Illyria was always in control or something ridiculous like that, but this is a genuine struggle between a mortal and a god for a single body. Again this creating that divide where you either like Fred or you like Illyria. Someone like me might want to see what happens when Illyria has control just to see if the new magic in the world restored her powers. Last we saw of Illyria before she sacrificed herself was as powerless as she could be. It was a nice side of her to see, though she is also badass when powered up.

The interior artwork in this issue is consistent with the quality of the last issue of Angel & Faith. What stands out is the recollection of what happened in Koh’s past. It was intense and creative in terms of seeing life for Koh’s people during a time where the Old Gods roamed the Earth. All the action was pretty much through Koh’s past, though you enjoy it because this is a side to him where you see what he is really capable of when not thinking about honor. Then speaking of the Old Gods, seeing the true form of Illyria was quite a sight. You get so used to seeing her in Fred’s body that you make the assumption that her true form may have looked something humanoid in shape, though we see in this issue that this is not the case. You see just why she is someone who intimidates and where all that power comes from. Illyria is a true terror and Will Conrad captured that perfectly.

Angel & Faith Season 10 #12 is a solid issue that puts the focus on two unlikely character returns in the series. It is simply enjoyable that you can go into Angel & Faith knowing that it is not always going to be about those two specifically, and much of your favorite characters have just a good of a chance as anyone else to possibly make an appearance. One that matters which is most important.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Finally have my copy of Angel & Faith # 12,"United Part II."

I would have gotten my comics yesterday but Maryland had a snowstorm that pretty much shut everything down and warnings to stay off the roads unless you really had to be out.

I enjoyed the issue a lot.Glad to get Koh's backstory even though having Illyria be behind Koh's being imprisoned and families death was predictable.

Still liked it though.Also loved all the Fred and Angel interactions as well as Angel and Faith.Glad to see Faith will still have her own thing going even though she's reunited with Angel.

I'm also getting the creepy vibe off Nadira.

Thought the cliffhanger was a nice place to end on.Wonder how that talk between Angel and Koh will go.

So a very solid issue IMO.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Review: Angel & Faith Season 10 #12 - Comic Book Resources

Angel & Faith Season 10 #12

by Greg McElhatton, Reviewer

Considering that the two title characters were only reunited at the end of the previous issue, "Angel & Faith Season 10" has been a series that has succeeded in spite of the odds stacked against it. Victor Gischler, Will Conrad and Michelle Madsen continue to make it a fun series to read, and it's nice to see the comic in good hands. Even though the issue flags a tiny bit in the face of a huge exposition dump, there's still more than enough here to make this a good purchase.

While the reemergence of Fred -- who is struggling to stay free of Illyria -- is a big moment, "Angel & Faith Season 10" #12 veers away just a bit from that to finally explain the back story of supporting cast demon Eldre Koh. It connects with Fred/Illyria, so its emergence at this point in time makes sense. At the same time, though, Koh's probably been the least interesting aspect of "Angel & Faith Season 10" so far and having a huge spotlight on the character hasn't made him feel any more exciting.

That said, Gischler handles what's a somewhat necessary unloading of information as best he can, concentrating it all in one spot before moving on to the main story at hand. The downside is that it results in a lot more concentration on Koh than Fred and, considering what a compelling character Fred (and even Illyria) was in the past, it definitely reduces the overall excitement by just a bit. On the plus side, I like that Faith's own storylines aren't on hold, and we're learning a bit more about her employer amidst the Koh and Fred pages. Gischler also gives us a good reminder here that Illyria is a dangerous being, one that may have been on Angel's side in the past but, on some level, should not be trusted quite as much as one would otherwise assume. Koh's flashback isn't that compelling, but Illyria's flashback is full of menace.

Conrad and Madsen's art looks good here. One of the best things about the entire issue is that strange lizard-bird creature that Koh is riding in his flashback. The strange purple and blue feathers and fur just pop off of the page thanks to Conrad and Madsen, and it looks wonderfully alien while still having just a tiny connection to reality for readers to latch onto. In general, there's a lot to like from Conrad's work on the series, with fine ink lines to help detail every little dreadlock or tattoo, and backgrounds let us see even the grain on the wood floorboards. Add in some solid page construction -- characters are posed well and the panel-to-panel progression is easy to follow -- and it's a good looking book.

Even with everything slowing down a bit this month, "Angel & Faith Season 10" #12 is still a good comic. Now that the necessary exposition is over, I'm looking forward to the series hitting the ground running again next month to boot. All in all, this is a comic which could have easily crashed and burned with a new creative team but has instead been a pleasure to read month after month.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Dark Horse June 2015 solicitations.

"Black Hammer," "Plants Vs. Zombies" Debut in Dark Horse Comics' June 2015 Solicitations - Comic Book Resources

Angel & Faith Season 10 #15

Kel McDonald (W), Cliff Richards (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Mike Norton and Mark Englert (Variant cover)

On sale June 3
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Ongoing

Taking a break from the stress of reality in London, Angel and Fred hop on a ferry to Angel’s homeland! Though both were hoping for a leisurely holiday, something is rotten in the Emerald Isle. Angel can’t resist helping the helpless—but will that be the best thing for Fred . . . and Illyria?

• Guest writer Kel McDonald (Misfits of Avalon)!
• Fan-favorite character Fred Burkle is alive—and wreaking havoc in Angel & Faith!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #16

Christos Gage (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A/Variant cover), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)
On sale June 17
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Ongoing

After discovering that the powerful demon Archaeus has deep connections to both Spike and Angel, Buffy invites her former beau for a visit. Things are awkward, and everyone is behaving just a little juvenile—but in order to beat the threat Archaeus brings, the team is going to have to overcome the past.

• Angel and Buffy crossover event!

Angel & Faith Season 9 Library Edition Volume 2 HC

Christos Gage (W), Victor Gischler (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A), David Lapham (A), Paul Lee (A), Lee Garbett (A), Cliff Richards (A), Derek Fridolfs (I), Andy Owens (I), Dan Jackson (C), Cris Peter (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)

On sale Aug 12
FC, 280 pages
$29.99
HC, 8" x 12 1/4"

Willow arrives in London looking for help from Angel so she can get to the fearsome hell dimension Quor’toth and restore magic to earth! And Spike identifies some hard truths when a pack of demons and a succubus rip him from a melancholic reverie and take him on an unexpected adventure. Collects Angel & Faith Volume 3 and Spike: A Dark Place.

• Expanded sketchbook and deluxe oversized format.
"Joss Whedon fans, you need this comic."—Comic Book Resources

Old 03-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Some new info on Angel & Faith # 15 and how it sets up Angel's crossover.

I am the guest writer for Angel & Faith! | Sorcery 101

I am the guest writer for Angel & Faith!

I WILL BE THE GUEST WRITER ON ANGEL & FAITH ISSUE #15! You can grab it in comic shops on June 3rd! Angel and Fred fight some witches in Angel’s hometown in Ireland! I’m super excited because I have always been a huge fan of Buffy and Angel.

angeliclestat on March 14, 2015 @ 3:45 pm Reply

Really looking forward to seeing Angel in modern day Ireland – I’ve been dying to see that since the comics started. Is the trip to Ireland just for this issue?

admin on March 14, 2015 @ 9:00 pm Reply

Yeah. Basically the main writer has plan for the “season” and I’m just writing this issue which is only Ireland issue. Fred and Angel go to Angel’s hometown Galway, have an adventure then Angel is off to crossover with the Buffy comics. I got to write a fun phone call between Spike and Angel.

Also, if you are new here I hope you check out the comics on the site! The main one Sorcery 101 definately was heavily influenced by Buffy and the Misfits of Avalon is has a mix of irish and king arthur legends.

Sounds like the end of Angel & Faith # 15 sets up the crossover.VG recently said that the next arc of Angel & Faith is Faith centric.That will probably cover Angel's time in Buffy's book.I'm curious if Fred joins Angel in SF or heads back to London and Angel & Faith
Old 03-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Leyki has her advanced review of tomorrow's Buffy # 13 up.

https://leykimayri.wordpress.com/201...s-you-part-03/

ETA

Another advanced review of Buffy # 13.Pretty sspoiler heavy.

http://fandomania.com/buffy-the-vamp...-ten-13-recap/

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #13 Recap

March 13, 2015
Kimberly Lynn Workman

Is Spike turning evil again? Or is he just having prophetic dreams? That’s the question of this issue, and you know which side I’m rooting for. Buffy and Spike: I live in hope that their future can be bright.

Note: This recap may contain spoilers!

Spike has apparently remained awake after his nightmare from last issue, as he is conscious when Buffy finally awakens. Their morning after is a bit awkward, thanks to Buffy’s inability to stop herself with a joking comparison to Angel, but like all things in their ongoing relationship, she and Spike work through it. If only they could work through Spike’s weird dream as easily. But he keeps quiet on that front, leaving her to investigate a call from Dowling about a possible vampire-involved murder scene. But when the victims turn out to be the same people he dreamed killing, he knows he needs help.

I am very impressed and happy that Spike is no longer keeping secrets from everyone, shutting himself off. He goes straight to Xander and lays out the situation about his dream and the murder victims. Spike asks for Xander’s help because he trusts him. But Xander admits that this is bigger than the two of them can handle on their own, so despite Spike’s initial reluctance, they’re off to speak to Willow and Giles.

Turns out that Spike was right to be wary of this plan, since Giles and Willow immediately hold him up in the Scarlet Bonds because they cannot trust him. They’ll work out the reason behind Spike’s dreams, but until they do they would rather keep him confined. I did not like the reaction Giles and Willow had when Spike suggested they not tell Buffy yet. Willow says she won’t lie if Buffy asks, which I can forgive, but Giles immediately says that Spike’s request is for selfish reasons. Seems like Mini!Giles is a bit too volatile for my liking. But Spike agrees to have them go through every test imaginable if it gets to the bottom of the situation, even those that will hurt a lot. I want them to prove his innocence, even if they doubt it at the moment.

With Spike, Willow, and Giles busy with that, it’s Xander’s job to take Buffy out and distract her. So, they head over to Andrew’s place to try and smooth over that situation. Xander tries to apologize and Buffy assures Andrew that they’re cool with him being gay, that they knew all along, but Andrew wonders what that says about him that he didn’t know himself. And I get it, but he’s got to stop beating himself up and he’s definitely got to stop running away when things get tough. Maybe Clive won’t like the real him, but Andrew’s never going to know until he tries. He’s got a chance at happiness, so he needs to take it.

Meanwhile, the secrets of Spike’s dreams start to come out. Willow and Giles have gone through every test they can think of, and they’re still no closer to a resolution. That is, until Willow figures that putting Spike to sleep might help them uncover his visions. When that happens, they can see that Spike’s envisioning a vampire nest, and Giles calls Buffy to check it out. The vampires in question are the victims that Spike originally thought he killed, thus proving that he couldn’t be behind it. But it also sets in motion Buffy finding out that the gang has been keeping secrets from her.

She starts out mad at everyone, then zeroes in on Spike, who asks the gang to leave so that he can talk to Buffy alone. They cannot keep secrets from each other if this is going to work. And they’re not the only couple that needs some work. While Dawn gets the scoop on the situation from Xander, Willow heads off to break up with Aluwyn because they cannot be who the other one needs. Hint, Aluwyn does not take it well. Thankfully, Buffy and Spike fare better. While Buffy doesn’t know where their relationship may lead, they did not break up over this, and she has sworn to find out who’s creating these nightmares in Spike’s mind. I would like to learn that answer as well. Hopefully we’ll get closer to the truth next month.

Rating: 4 / 5 Stars

ETA 2

Third advanced Buffy # 13 review.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/comi...-review/132525

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #13 Review

By John McCubbin on Tuesday, March 17th, 2015

Has love turned Spike into a psychotic killer? Or is his nightmares nothing more than an inner sense of guilt? Read on to find out.

Some suspiciously supernatural murders have Spike, Xander, Willow, and Giles in a conundrum. They have to talk to Buffy, but there’s something about the killer they’re pretty sure she’s not going to like . . . Meanwhile, Andrew gets some relationship advice from Buffy!

Love Dares You has quite possibly been one of the best Buffy arcs to come from the comic book continuation, with this issue in particular being the best that the current season has produced so far. Finally allowing Buffy and Spike to make a go of it romantically, this story has had plenty of emotional twists, with the mixture of drama, tension and humour allowing the developments to truly shine. These elements are however stretched to the max in this issue, with Spike’s concerns and the groups response to them allowing for a thoroughly entertaining read.

Captivating from start to finish, Christos Gage and Nicholas Brendon do a wonderful job of grabbing the readers attention, as between the intense and vivid events from Spike’s dream, and the resulting worry within, there’s a lot to excite. The duo also manage to entice with the dialogue, as though there’s usually the odd interaction that proves less than interesting, this issue manages to intrigue at every turn. Despite this, it’s the way the writers handle Spike and Buffy’s newly formed relationship that continues to impress the most, as though there’s not a huge lot of personal development, the limited character exchange was full of passion.

The artwork that Megan Levens has created over this arc has really grown on me, as with each passing issue it becomes more and more enthralling. The main thing that impressed in this issue was the surreal, and dramatic way in which she captures Spike’s fears, with the impactful layouts helping to convey these dark emotions. The fun, energetic style throughout the rest of the comic also entices, with the facial expressions also complimenting this. The colours of Dan Jackson also help to give a familiar tone to this series, with his bold, vibrant palette certainly catching the eye.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #13 is easily the best the series has produced so far, with the arc being one of the best Dark Horse has created. Playing with deep, dark emotions, the creative team generate a thrilling sense of suspense, with the dramatic flow keeping this reader hooked to every page.

OUR RATING
+ The best the series has produced so far.
+ Dramatically gripping tale.
+ Fabulous artwork.
- Slightly disappointing climax.

ETA 3

Late Long Beach Comci Expo report with new Season 10 spoilers.

http://fanboycomics.net/index.php/bl...llon/item/4849

Long Beach Comic Expo 2015: ‘Buffy: Season 10’ Panel Coverage

Written by Bryant Dillon,

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 10 #13

I can’t give any spoilers out, even though I got a sneak peek at an advance copy of this yet-to-be-released issue, but if you’ve been enjoying the current direction of Gage’s ‘Love Dares You’ arc, then you’ll absolutely love this next chapter! Levens' artwork continues to more than impress (and includes a few more beautiful pages of Buffy and Spike in the buff for you Spuffy fans!), while Gage’s script really illustrates how much each of these characters has changed and matured in the last few seasons. Buffy: Season 10 is red hot right now, and this hardcore fan can’t wait to see how the rest of the season develops.

Look for my full review to go up on Fanboy Comics this Thursday!

Long Beach Comic Expo 2015: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 10 Panel

While Long Beach Comic Expo 2015 took place more than a few weeks ago, there are still some juicy Buffy comic news morsels that you might have not yet sampled. CraveOnline Comics Channel Editor Blair Marnell and Fandom Planet's Sax Carr co-hosted the Buffy: Season 10 panel on the last day of the con. The panel itself featured writer Christos Gage and artist Megan Levens, as well as a ton of insight and info regarding the current Buffy and Angel & Faith storylines and what’s to come! Here are some of the highlights:

◾It was heavily implied that Megan Levens will be returning to illustrate more issues (possibly somewhere around issue #20) this season. Levens’ artwork has been fantastic these last few issues, so I’m sure fans will be pleased with this news.
◾Speaking of pleasing fans, my fellow Scoobies will be happy to know that Gage confirmed that artist Rebekah Isaacs will illustrate the final arc of the season for Buffy: Season 10. Isaacs will be returning to the series prior to the final arc, but it still feels very appropriate that the original team of Gage and Isaacs will finish out the season together.
◾Apparently, Giles’ adult body will be temporarily restored in issue #19. We have yet to know any further details, but it sounds like the perfect pitch for a Buffy episode, kind of like “Giles temporarily becomes a demon” or “Giles temporarily becomes a teenager.”
◾It was also heavily implied (Lots of heavy implications in this panel, huh?) that Angel and Buffy will finally come face to face for the first time since Giles’ death before the end of this season. It was further implied that Spike and Buffy may still be seeing each other when Angel shows up and that the murderous, “Somnambulist”-like dreams that both Angel and Spike are currently experiencing could be the reason behind this much-anticipated meeting.
◾Gage and Levens also discussed the motivation and thought process behind Andrew coming out. Gage suggested that this development for the character falls in line with the themes of adulthood present in this season, and that the humor of Andrew being painfully unaware of his own sexuality had run its course The writers felt it was time to address the issue, and it seems that most fans agree.
◾In regards to Buffy: Season 10, Gage says fans might not have seen the big bad yet.
◾When the fans in the audience were asked which character couplings they still wanted to see in the Buffyverse, the most vocal suggestion was Buffy and Faith.
◾While Gage and Levens discussed the potential of Angel and Faith hooking up briefly, they both praised the fact that the series was one of the few examples in the comic book world where the male and female lead represented the potential for friendship and a professional working relationship between a man and woman, without romantic or sexual complications.
◾Apparently, when Gage and Whedon were discussing how Giles would be resurrected, Gage suggested that the character return as a teenage, Ripper-version of himself. While Whedon found it interesting, he ultimately shot the concept down because of the potential creepiness of the possibility of Giles hooking up with his pseudo-daughters, Buffy or Willow.
◾Levens was asked if there were any characters from Buffy that she hadn’t yet had the chance to draw, but would like to. Her answer: Angel.
◾Gage’s dream comic book project would be Godzilla vs. The Avengers. Apparently, the book got very close to getting the go ahead, with Marvel, IDW, and others on board, but was squashed at some point in the process by Toho.

That all for now, Scoobies. Remember, I’ll be back on Thursday with my review of the latest issue of Buffy: Season 10.

1) Rebekah Isaacs will definitely be doing the final arc of the season.

2)Megan Levens will be back around isuse 20.

3)Giles's adult body will return in isuse 19 but only briefly.

4)Buffy/Spike will still be together when Angel shows up.

5)We haven't seen the big bad yet.

6)There was brief talk of Angel and Faith hooking up but everyone prefers this stays in the friend' and partners only zone with no romantic or sexual issues since that's so rare in comics with the male and female lead.

Last edited by comic fan; 03-17-2015 at 12:28 PM
Old 03-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Angel & Faith # 13 preview pages.

Preview: Angel and Faith: Season 10 #13 - Comic Book Resources

EXCL. PREVIEW: A Life Hangs in the Balance in "Angel & Faith Season 10" #13

Check out an exclusive look at Dark Horse's "Angel & Faith" #13 by Victor Gischler & Will Conrad, in which the heroes unite to save Fred.

Angel and Faith join forces in an attempt to save Fred and keep the powerful goddess Illyria from taking over. Without Illyria present, the honor-bound demon Koh may never discover who slayed his family and imprisoned him . . . a devastating reality for this unlikely hero.

Reply   Post New Thread