Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey all

I love your board here - and Det. Logan your blog is fantastic - Thanks for all the wonderful work you do at both of these entertaining,informative and fun sites

I agree Mike Logan is my absolutely favorite t.v character of all time but I also had a few problems with the procedural nature of Law and Order and Criminal Intent - it must have made it very hard for the actors attempting to flesh out their characters - I'm sure it was incredbily frustrating at times.

That is what intially drew me to Chris - in that confined enviroment he created this really wonderful and compelling character.

Hope to chat with everyone on the board this season
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Supreme Fan

I like Big but I think Peter's my favorite so far.

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to your posts
Old 09-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love your board here - and Det. Logan your blog is fantastic
We love people who love the board and Laila is one hell of a Mod! She does a lot here and she shares a lot of things around!

Quote:
That is what intially drew me to Chris - in that confined enviroment he created this really wonderful and compelling character.
that's where you see real talent. Not with actors who do well with rich material but with those who lift off the material they are given, especially when it's not as compelling as it could be.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
We love people who love the board and Laila is one hell of a Mod! She does a lot here and she shares a lot of things around!

that's where you see real talent. Not with actors who do well with rich material but with those who lift off the material they are given, especially when it's not as compelling as it could be.
In total agreement on both points

I think most of our GOOD WIFE cast are this kind of performer. Not that the material is weak by any means. Just that as a group they are very invested in the process of CREATION.

The Good Wife seems to have this strange dicotomy - A huge hit but with the artistic sensibilites of a more artsy and indy cable show . Good Stuff - Not a lot of programs can do that sucessfully. You could probably count them on one hand.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Not that the material is weak by any means. Just that as a group they are very invested in the process of CREATION.
Definitely. I think it's great they give so much input to the actors. But that's only because they chose actors who are talented enough to use their empathy and really become their characters.

Quote:
A huge hit but with the artistic sensibilites of a more artsy and indy cable show
True. Although I sometimes wonder if the show wouldn't have been even better on cable.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinda Smith (View Post)
Definitely. I think it's great they give so much input to the actors. But that's only because they chose actors who are talented enough to use their empathy and really become their characters.

True. Although I sometimes wonder if the show wouldn't have been even better on cable.

Very good point - they can push the envelope a little further on cable shows can't they - Sometimes a lot further
Old 09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Very good point - they can push the envelope a little further on cable shows can't they - Sometimes a lot further
The writers seem to be happy with whatever freedom they get but they said themselves they were sometimes jealous of cable shows. I think they'd like the characters to be just a little shadier. But really I'm pretty happy for a network show, it's doing alright. I don't think I've watched a CBS show before

Old 09-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Supreme Fan

I can't remember if Laila posted this but I saw it last night and I forgot to post the link. He quotes Sondheim

Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Pan
Master Fan

Thanks for the vid!!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Supreme Fan

You're welcome. I'm frustrated from the lack of promotion on TGW so I hold on to whatever I can and it's nice to hear the actors talk about things like that, ie unrelated to specific jobs.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Lil

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

If anyone's wondering about Chris' whereabouts, he's apparently still in NY according to this Celebrity Sightings post on the NY Times Blog:

Quote:
On a plane out of J.F.K. with Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley (right before Divine Brown scandal), running the Central Park loop with “Big” (Chris Noth), eating at Balthazar next to David Schwimmer, Patricia Clarkson in the lobby of Lincoln Center Cinemas
I thought he was in London this month?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought I read that he would be doing the movie in Sept... which made sense bec it would mean that he could get a lot of episodes in the can.

I am sure he wishes tha they would stop referring to him as Big... I sure do,which is why I hope he stays in TGW for at least another couple of seasons.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Yea I read that the other day, but I thought that posting was talking about a time when they saw or spotted a celebrity., I did not get the impression that she had just seem him.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

You might be right, Kiki. I guess I just got confused because they were talking about last week and I thought it was the same for the bit about Chris.