Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There just came a commercial for a large Dutch supermarket on TV here and suddenly Chris appeared in it
Old 09-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe you can watch this video and translate in case there are some information regarding the reason he was contacted or why he decided to do this commercial.

Boodschappen met mr Big - Editie NL - RTL.NL

Old 09-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

that video shows that the guy from c1000 says that they specifically chose Chris Noth. and through their advertising agency they had the right connections to Chris and the choice was easily made..

no other things about chris or why he chose to do it
the rest is just about international celebs appearing in dutch commercials.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

I had a dream last night that I went TGW stalking and met Chris and took a picutre with him

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

that's a nice dream

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

IKR!!! I wish (I am still cursing my sister in my head for depriving me years ago of a picture with CN )

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the translation

Clooney's Farragut North Film Elects Philip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti - Playbill.com

It's a pity Chris didn't have the part he played in NYC and LA, I knew he wanted to reprise his role in George Clooney's movie. I don't know why Philip Seymour Hoffman was choosen instead of Chris (given that the part is for an older man) but maybe his schedule on TGW was clashing with the movie's.

Last edited by Det.Logan; 09-01-2010 at 11:29 AM
Old 09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Shame. I like Seymour Hoffman but I'd have loved to see Chris in the part. He got great reviews fo the play.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Extreme Fan

It is too bad. I get the sense they don't think of Chris for roles like this, although they should. Suspect this is the kind of stuff he would love to do in a movie, rather than a rom com.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Well, Seymour Hoffman is an Oscar winner and multiple nominee so of course that helps attract investors and audiences and critics...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Yep I think Chris doesn't have a big enough name (no offense here, I'm talking Hollywood crap) to get the top billing in a movie like this. I think there should be a legal obligation to at least seriously consider the actors who played the parts on stage when they make a movie out of a play but nobody ever asked me what I thought so...
Old 09-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In the beginning it should have been DiCaprio in the role of John Gallagher, Jr (Chris Pine in LA) and Brad Pitt in the role of Chris Noth. Big names, big money.

But BP is not onboard probably due to schedule issue, LDC was there but now is not anymore so we have Chris Pine, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomeii and Evan Rachel Wood.

I'm biased when it comes down to Chris but I can see his name together with the rest of the cast without any fear of being out of place (not to mention that the show was always sold out).
Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

I think Lily was more referring to the stupid investors mentality that means only the biggest names can attract people to the movie theatre

Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I'm biased when it comes down to Chris but I can see his name together with the rest of the cast without any fear of being out of place (not to mention that the show was always sold out).
I wasn't dissing Chris. He's got a name alright and he's worth a lot of pseudo movie stars (yes Tom Cruise, I'm looking at you ) but Fluff said it right, it's all a matter of what the investors believe and they prefer "sure" names (even though neither Giamatti nor Seymour Hoffman suck IMO but they can say Oscar Winners for those who don't know them, you know?)
Old 09-03-2010, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Carla and Lily, your messages was very clear, I didn't think for a moment you were dissing Chris

The old "Oscar Winner" trick works fine in Italy too (we used to add also "Oscar nominated" ). You still don't know who the actor is but you are happy because he won the Award Doesn't matter that the movie is still a crap

Let's say that Brad Pitt was absolutely wrong for the character, it's more an Alec Baldwin role (in fact Chris gained a lot of weight for the part in NYC run).

Well, I'm happy that Chris doesn't have to choose between a minor-league movie and TGW (I'd like to see him in a big idiot blockbuster movie ).