Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The old "Oscar Winner" trick works fine in Italy too
I know. Same in France! Most French are fiercely and proudly "anti American" (although of course all they know of Americans and the culture is the BS that's perpetrated in the big media) but everytime there's a French actor who's nominated for an Oscar or wins something, they are so happy, you'd think they won it themselves
Either you detest someone and what they stand for and you do it all the way or you just shut up about it!

Anyway, I find the Brad Pitt rumor very hard to believe. SInce he's friends with Clooney, I think it's just some fan-started rumor than ended up semi officialized by being picked up on a few blogs but I really don't think, as much as I like Pitt as an actor, that he was ever considered in a part they replaced him with Seymour Hoffman.

And if SATC was not enough of a blockbuster for you , he'll probably have more

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Carla and Lily, your messages was very clear, I didn't think for a moment you were dissing Chris
Cool. I thought for a minute you took it the wrong way.

Quote:
I'd like to see him in a big idiot blockbuster movie
Maybe they have a part opening in Iron Man 3. What do you think Fluff? You know the Marvelverse better than I do. Who could Chris play in the Iron Man universe?
Old 09-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He was Luthor in a animated movie (a very good one) but that doesn't count...

Truth is he would probably not accept that kind of role
Old 09-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Extreme Fan

I am sure Chris would have been great in the role, and sure he would have loved to have done it... but pple like Philip Seymour Hoffman , ( who I do like) are just known as movie actors... and a certain type of movie actor. I always feel that although talent and ability have nothing to do with it, actors like Chris and even JM have the taint of "television actor", and Chris esp has been affiliiated with the "big " character. Too bad.. Chris needs to get a couple of movie roles in interesting movies..although that is not a guarantee either... I am thinking David Straithairn.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I completely agree on the "tv curse", SatC has been a blessing and a malediction. Even George Clooney, probably the best example of this category is still mostly remembered for his ER seasons and if you look at his filmography... well, not a lot of masterpieces. Maybe he will find release in producing/directing films.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Truth is he would probably not accept that kind of role
Thank God!

Quote:
Even George Clooney, probably the best example of this category is still mostly remembered for his ER seasons and if you look at his filmography... well, not a lot of masterpieces
I don't think so. I think he's well loved for his part in ER but now he's a movie star in producers minds and everyone who never watched ER and that's the big difference.

It's hard to say how people go from tv to movies. Mostly these days, it seems to be the other way around.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Even George Clooney, probably the best example of this category is still mostly remembered for his ER seasons and if you look at his filmography... well, not a lot of masterpieces
I think he did pretty well. He could have gone to idiotic blockbusters like Will Smith but he made some interesting choices, especially lately.

I never saw him in ER so I can't compare anything but when he stopped with the Batman crap, he did some good parts. My favorite will remain O Brother though
Old 09-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see a lot of medium-quality movies with a few good one. Nothing exceptionally good probably because he is not exceptionally good (I think Julianna is definetely more gifted in the acting department), he did a wonderful job in ER with one of the best character of the show. He left when he was at the top, that was a good move.
I like George Clooney but I believe that he can be a better producer/director.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I think Julianna is definetely more gifted in the acting department
very very definitely.

Quote:
I like George Clooney but I believe that he can be a better producer/director
I like him better as a director too. I'm just saying he made some good choices to go from tv to being a movie start in a matter of a couple of years and he has some good movies in his filmo. Maybe not a majority but some actors are considered movie stars and have very very few or none (Yes, Tom Cruise, I'm looking at you again )

Sometimes it only takes one good part in an independent movie to make you a big movie star. Look at Ellen Page. She had done a good number of great parts in small indies already but it was Juno that got her widely known. It can even happen to tv actors. I think it can happen at any age and Chris has the talent necessary so who knows what'll happen?
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mr. Big is Mr. Dad
Old 09-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Aww how cute

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Awwww... it's family time these days. After Julianna's kid, now Chris and his family

Old 09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Looking so forward to Season 2 of the show

Also so glad that the wonderful Mr. Noth has found yet another tantalizing and fantastic part to play.

I think he's an incredibly talented performer and always appreciate the characters he creates.

From Mike Logan to Mr, Big and now Peter Florrick - Incredible body of work! / His physical body is not too shabby either

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 09-06-2010 at 08:52 AM
Old 09-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWifeObsessed (View Post)
From Mike Logan to Mr, Big and now Peter Florrick - Incredible body of work! / He's physical body is not to shabby either
hehehe indeed

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWifeObsessed (View Post)
From Mike Logan to Mr. Big and now Peter Florrick - Incredible body of work! / He's physical body is not to shabby either
Detective.Logan is still my beloved Chris' character - unfortunately he was in a show that doesn't allow any development, just the story. He left in 1995, I was sad but soon after that he landed the role of Mr.Big

Of all the things I want to know about Peter, the most wanted is some flashback about her past, before being an SA... let's hope they find a way to put it into the story.