Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife News and Media Thread #33 - Because we never get enough of the Kings having fun

Season Six - 2014/2015

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry about the bitter title but it just couldn't be helped today

Old 05-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Let's have the entire season be a red herring!!! Double, triple, triple, triple twist! Where's our Emmy!"
Yeah. They're so funny.

Quote:
Below you will find more BULL**** from the Kings but also lovely Archie interviews
I was disappointed though. She doesn't have a show, she has a development deal, which means she has to stay available (usually it's a 3 year deal) just in case FOX gives the greenlight to one of the projects she likes, if any. And it doesn't mean any of them will make it to the screen

Old 05-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Total Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
I was disappointed though. She doesn't have a show, she has a development deal, which means she has to stay available (usually it's a 3 year deal) just in case FOX gives the greenlight to one of the projects she likes, if any. And it doesn't mean any of them will make it to the screen
Oh no, that's too bad
Old 05-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh no, that's too bad
I know! I thought she had a show but from what she's saying now, they're still in the development phase of the deal, not of a show.

Gillian had one for 4 years with NBC. They never gave her a script she liked so what happened? She ended up as a supporting in that crappy Crisis because the deal was running out and she had to do something with them.
Sure, she got the part in Hannibal because of the connection with NBC but it's not exactly a lead and she couldn't be in any other US show while she was under a development contract with NBC

Old 05-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I know! I thought she had a show but from what she's saying now, they're still in the development phase of the deal, not of a show.
Damn, Archie deserves better!

Quote:
Gillian had one for 4 years with NBC. They never gave her a script she liked so what happened? She ended up as a supporting in that crappy Crisis because the deal was running out and she had to do something with them.
That sucks.

Quote:
Sure, she got the part in Hannibal because of the connection with NBC but it's not exactly a lead and she couldn't be in any other US show while she was under a development contract with NBC
You know I love her in Hannibal and finally there's going to be more of her, but yeah I can see how she got her hands tied
Old 05-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damn, Archie deserves better!
Let's just hope they'll find her something she likes.

Quote:
You know I love her in Hannibal and finally there's going to be more of her, but yeah I can see how she got her hands tied
I think she would have been happy with her part on Hannibal as part of her deal. It's a great part, even though it's not a lead.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Anyone know will Archie return to The fall? Any more BBC projects in the works? They ought to give her her own show immediately.

I just can't read anymore heartfelt letters etc from the Kings.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for posting those interviews Kiki
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Anyone know will Archie return to The fall?
She said it depends on the script and the schedule. I hope they write her back in but I don't know what the show is going to be next season.

BIG spoiler alert on this one

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...goodbye-794728

If you're interested in the part where they asked her "co-stars" to say which was their favorite scene and not in the description of all the Kalinda scenes in the episode there you go:

Quote:
With the leather-clad Kalinda firmly in The Good Wife's rearview mirror, her longtime co-stars shared their favorite scenes with Panjabi over the past six seasons:

Christine Baranski (Diane) () "It was the end of last year. It was the last episode, and it was when I realized I was really going to lose my firm to Louis Canning, who was dying, but he didn't care [about the impact on Diane] -- he was so diabolical, he'd do it. I leave the office, I go down the elevator, exit the building, and Kalinda's there, and I basically say, 'I don't have any more fight left in me after Will died.' And she says, 'I'm here for you.' It was a beautiful moment between two actresses, because I'm very fond of her, and I always wanted to work with her whenever I could. Maybe an audience wouldn't notice it, but it was a very special scene between the two of us. She became my girl. She used to be Will's girl, but she became my girl and helped me through a tough time."

Matt Czuchry (Cary) () "Certainly that whole relationship and storyline for Cary has been an important one throughout all six seasons. I think of it in broad terms with all the work I've gotten to do with Archie, and learn from her as an actor. I'm sad to see her go. … One scene I really loved was in the beginning of this season in episode one when Cary's in prison and he sees who's behind the window [to visit him]; he knows somebody is there to see him, and it's her. That scene said a lot about their relationship. In the tough times, regardless of what they've been through, she's been there, and he's been there for her, too."

Margulies: "It would be the bar stuff, when they would have after work drinks. It always felt like it was a Cheers moment. That's why everyone loved that show."

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-10-2015 at 07:26 PM
Old 05-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It was a beautiful moment between two actresses, because I'm very fond of her, and I always wanted to work with her whenever I could. Maybe an audience wouldn't notice it, but it was a very special scene between the two of us. She became my girl. She used to be Will's girl, but she became my girl and helped me through a tough time.

Oh Christine. If there was any justice you and Archie would both leave for your own spinoff (and take your husband too), and you guys would be getting all the screentime.

Also, in my headcanon, she is expressing that this is how Archie should have been treated. Of course, IMO, it's because CB is so smart and talented that she would want to work with AP and not feel threatened by her.

It should have been.

Margulies: I should let Danielle take this one. Thoughts?

ETA:
Quote:
She said it depends on the script and the schedule. I hope they write her back in but I don't know what the show is going to be next season.
I really like the show but they could use Archie a lot better. Though that scene she was self conscious about, I really liked! Gillian Anderson is the real brazen one of the Fall, and she seems to be enjoying every minute. But the two have good onscreen chemistry, I hope they can build more into Archie's role, perhaps with her character's friend's storyline.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if RK is going to have to comment at some point because the media is now running with it, unsurprisingly

Kalinda and Alicia’s final scene on The Good Wife was utterly bizarre - Vox

Quote:
Oh Christine. If there was any justice you and Archie would both leave for your own spinoff (and take your husband too), and you guys would be getting all the screentime.

Quote:
Also, in my headcanon, she is expressing that this is how Archie should have been treated. Of course, IMO, it's because CB is so smart and talented that she would want to work with AP and not feel threatened by her.
Obviously whatever happened, the cast couldn't take sides but the expressions of professional admiration and personal fondness are obviously in support of Archie. Even Josh twitted, unprompted, and he was under no obligation to do so

Quote:
I really like the show but they could use Archie a lot better.
I think so too. She didn't have many scenes in S1 but they were more effective. It was all about building a human connection for Stella.

Quote:
Gillian Anderson is the real brazen one of the Fall, and she seems to be enjoying every minute. But the two have good onscreen chemistry, I hope they can build more into Archie's role, perhaps with her character's friend's storyline.
Hopefully although now that the Xfiles is getting a mini season, I don't know when or where The Fall will be shot.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Even Josh twitted, unprompted, and he was under no obligation to do so
That's such a nice gesture. They had such a wonderful and rare chemistry, a hot male/ hot female combination where it genuinely seemed their friendship was platonic, but still uncommon.

Quote:
Hopefully although now that the Xfiles is getting a mini season, I don't know when or where The Fall will be shot.
Yes and she has an increased role in Hannibal too. But I hope Gillian continues with The Fall, Jamie Dornan is great in that and I presume his newfound popularity in other ventures will make ratings a sure thing. it's nice to see her with the lead role she deserves. I think one reason Archie was partly underused was because of her other commitments in the US, so I hope she gets more to do now.

Of course The X files are possibly looking for young blood if they plan a full fledged reboot down the line, and I think Archie would be perfect, but its likely too much to ask for (and too many worlds colliding).
Old 05-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's such a nice gesture. They had such a wonderful and rare chemistry, a hot male/ hot female combination where it genuinely seemed their friendship was platonic, but still uncommon.
as rare as female friendships are, real male/female friendships are now almost unheard of on tv. Will had two. And Archie and Josh always seemed so comfortable around each other.
Thankfully the show didn't have time to ruin that just like they ruined the Cary and Kalinda friendship.

Quote:
I think one reason Archie was partly underused was because of her other commitments in the US, so I hope she gets more to do now
It's very possible. If she can't be in it, I hope it's for a real project in the US.

Quote:
Of course The X files are possibly looking for young blood if they plan a full fledged reboot down the line, and I think Archie would be perfect, but its likely too much to ask for (and too many worlds colliding).
well her contract is with FOX so who knows?