Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife News and Media Thread #32 - Between the Emmys and the Premiere coming up, let's hope for good news!

Season Six - 2014/2015

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Just reposting the latest (thanks Rista)

Spoiler Alert
Guess who is back?

Spoiler:

Old 08-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

So with this news, does it warrant a "Kalinda and Lana Appreciation Thread"?
Old 08-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So with this news, does it warrant a "Kalinda and Lana Appreciation Thread"?
do you really want to jinx it?

Old 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
do you really want to jinx it?
So is that a no? I thought they're one of the most intriguing and sexiest couples on the show and deserve a thread of their own.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So is that a no? I thought they're one of the most intriguing and sexiest couples on the show and deserve a thread of their own.
I agree! But every time we talked about it, they broke up and Jill wasn't seen for months

Old 08-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

JULIANNA WON!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
JULIANNA WON!
Yay! Sad for Christine and Josh. Breaking bad may be good, but overrated at the Emmy's for sure imo...
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Congrats to Juliana Marguiles!
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
JULIANNA WON!
And so the streak continues. Every season an *actress* has won something for TGW.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Congratulations to the wonderful Julianna Margulies

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I agree! But every time we talked about it, they broke up and Jill wasn't seen for months
Well, unless they get married and live happy together offscreen like Diane and Kurt, they'll probably break up again anyway, because Jill has to get back to her other show.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:20 AM
Supreme Fan

I liked Julliana's acceptance speech, especially the part about the show shooting 22 episodes per year. It was a ( not so subtle ) little slap in the face of the Emmy's, which honestly I fully agree with. We may not all agree that the show deserved the best drama this year, but they sure as hell deserved to be nominated and it's so much harder to maintain some quality throughout 22 episodes, instead of just 8-13 episodes per year. I don't know why, but it just bothers me. I am bias, just like any other fan out there, but am I so wrong by saying that the show deserved at least a nod? I mean..what's up with Breaking Bad ( and Mad Men ) having half seasons, just to have more chance at the Emmy's? That's quite sad imo. I know it isn't the only reason, but it really comes across that way.

We were just sitting in front of the TV and every time someone from Breaking Bad was nominated I'd just say : '' Well, congrats already ''. It was way too obvious that every award would go to them, if they were nominated in the category. Imo Peter Dinklage or Josh Charles deserved the award a lot more than Aaron Paul. Worst thing? They acted so surprised and all. Come on. Sorry for the rant, but at some point we were just hoping anything to win over Breaking Bad. The show is good, but in our opinion it's overrated, especially with the awesome season The Good Wife had.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
Well, unless they get married and live happy together offscreen like Diane and Kurt, they'll probably break up again anyway, because Jill has to get back to her other show.
Don't remind me. Let Kalinda be happy, Kings!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
has it been renewed?? NBC is really that desperate?

Quote:
And so the streak continues. Every season an *actress* has won something for TGW.
Who won an Emmy last year?

Quote:
We may not all agree that the show deserved the best drama this year, but they sure as hell deserved to be nominated and it's so much harder to maintain some quality throughout 22 episodes, instead of just 8-13 episodes per year
I still disagree on that and I thought mentioning it was about as unsubtle as the whole ad campaign
In fact it's much harder to write an airtight short story than a long novel. Well, to do it right, of course. Anyone can have 2 episodes worth of content and stretch it over 12 to 22 episodes obviously.

Quote:
Don't remind me. Let Kalinda be happy, Kings!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!! I was wondering if you'd find your way back to us with the awesome news