Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for all this Kiki!

I can't get over someone in the comments saying they went to staff Christmas parties in shifts. Wow.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Total Fan

Thanks Kiki!

This is all super embarassing, but I'm happy that the issue is so widely discussed in the media and that it went beyond speculation among fans.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Margulies: "It would be the bar stuff, when they would have after work drinks. It always felt like it was a Cheers moment. That's why everyone loved that show."
What?
Old 05-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It always felt like it was a Cheers moment.
Maybe if there was an episode of cheers where the actors playing Norm hated the actor playing Cliff so much they had to film a scene by the bar in split screen.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...-the-good-life

IMO the author is giving the writers way too much credit and has misunderstood why fans are upset. however, I do agree with the part about how Alicia's political efforts showed someone taking a wrong path and ultimately wasting a year and alienating those close to her.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

That article was the closes to Alicia's "arc" the Kings where going for. Like it wasn't a bad idea, and the ending was as bad s the rest, but this idea was executed so so poorly.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This is embarrassing.
To say the very least. And trying to spin it now... too late.

I know there's not much lemonade you can do from rotten lemons but they should have been ahead of that thing, not crossed their fingers that nobody would notice. Why even try to have an A/K scene at all? For that dialog, we didn't need it.

Quote:
Sooo, the minute Archie left, the media suddenly picked up the topic about the feud? Maybe someone started talking, of just stopped denying
The media just ran with it because the fakery in the A/K scene was so obvious that viewers spotted it. Or maybe they're hoping that Archie will talk now that she's off the show? Or that people will talk about her now that she's off the show

And if you read the "articles", all they are really reporting on is fans comments on the last "A/K scene".
They can't report on what happened because they have no clue and they can't report on how fake the scene was because they can't prove anything, even though it was obvious. So they're reporting on people's opinions, hoping to get a comment from someone on the show.

Quote:
That article was the closes to Alicia's "arc" the Kings where going for. Like it wasn't a bad idea, and the ending was as bad s the rest, but this idea was executed so so poorly.
That should be the subtitle for the show. "The Good Wife: not bad but poorly executed"

I keep wondering what the show would have been like if the Kings' other project had taken off and they had to give some of the writing on TGW to someone else.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-15-2015 at 03:07 PM
Old 05-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

And now Ausiello claims to have confirmation that the scene was faked (his source is unnamed).

I hope everyone connected with The Good Wife is really, really embarrassed. They should be.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And now Ausiello claims to have confirmation that the scene was faked (his source is unnamed).
well he'd only have to pick up the phone and ask the Kings. Of course they can't confirm it officially but if it's a way for people to stop asking...

Quote:
I hope everyone connected with The Good Wife is really, really embarrassed. They should be.
Now I'm just waiting for CBS to produce a still of the actresses on set together for that last scene

Old 05-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That should be the subtitle for the show. "The Good Wife: not bad but poorly executed"
I sponsor this title change

Archie is meant to be on The View on Thursday I wonder if anyone would ask, doubt it.

I wonder how long is gonna take the Kings and JM to do press, or they are gonna hide out until this die down.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Archie is meant to be on The View on Thursday I wonder if anyone would ask, doubt it.
Well, The View is on ABC so maybe they'll ask. I don't think she'll comment though. Every time she's been asked, she said everything was awesome

Quote:
I wonder how long is gonna take the Kings and JM to do press, or they are gonna hide out until this die down.
RK is probably working on manufacturing evidence
As for JM, it's not in her best interest to talk right now. I think she'll let it die out.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:08 AM
Supreme Fan

I doubt we will hear the truth any time soon, if at all. I bet that the Kings are going on a hiatus untill July, after which they will just be asked about the coming season, instead of the past season. That's what I would do if I would be too ashamed of my actions
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just wondering, I'm reading theories on the infamous splitscreen debate threads online, from people who think the Kings actually wanted to redevelop the Kalinda/ Alicia friendship, (thus the 'making up' onscreen) and that JM went over their heads (around the time she gave the interviews saying Alicia had to grow beyond Kalinda) to the network, with whom she had longstanding ties, and got them to side with her by threatening to walk.

I'm sorry this is all just hearsay, just wondering could there be any truth to it? Any thoughts? I just thought maybe it would explain why they wrote a scene even though the actress might have refused to act it.

Quote:
I don't think she'll comment though. Every time she's been asked, she said everything was awesome
I'll just listen really carefully for any veiled reference to the 'producers'.