Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

I know. Well I didn't know they existed until about 3 years ago. And then I thought I needed more time, I thought I was too young to like them but I think I'm ready to watch them now, I hope

the first one, I can't remember the name
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And then I thought I needed more time, I thought I was too young to like them but I think I'm ready to watch them now, I hope
You were wise. It's a type of humor you need to have lived a little to appreciate and that doesn't even guarantee you will

The first one would be "And Now for Something Completely Different" but it's mostly a collection of sketches from the Flying Circus. Holy Grail is their first proper feature film.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Really? Well he was right on that. She looks striking as a redhead. As a blonde... meh.
I couldn't quite recognize her as a blonde!

Quote:
It's a really good movie, despite what the reviews might indicate. Tragic but touching.
Adding it to my watchlist. I read the plot yesterday and it seemed interesting.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Extreme Fan

is the 2002 movie version of The Count of Monte Cristo well done?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
is the 2002 movie version of The Count of Monte Cristo well done?
I haven't seen it but I heard it was not bad. The cast is good and the script is supposedly faithful to the book.
I just cannot watch it though because they shot in Ireland and having grown up a few miles from the actual Chateau D'If where the action of the book takes place, it would be a betrayal for me to dignify this with a look

Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

I finally watched MP and the Holy Grail and ohmygod I haven't laughed this much with a movie in a long time
Old 08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
In that vein, the music for Black Swan was also outstanding! Mixing new pieces with the themes for Swan Lake must have been a daunting challenge but Mansell did a great job (like he did with Moon)
I've finally watched it and you were right about the score. It really was a great work. Such a pity he couldn't get a nom though. However, I'm still processing the movie. It's one of those you really feel, that make you feel awful. And, I would have never thought it, but I really liked Kunis.

I watched True Grit too yesterday. Fantastic movie! The directing is just amazing not to talk about the cinematography (all those landscapes filmed in that way ). And of course, good old Jeff was brilliant. He really gave John Wayne a run for his money.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

I really liked True Grit, but I had a problem with it. I can't remember which one gosh, my memory is that bad. Cinematography was very pretty
this one shot
Old 08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

That was utterly amazing and poetical.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I finally watched MP and the Holy Grail and ohmygod I haven't laughed this much with a movie in a long time
So now I just HAVE to upload Spamalot for you. If you don't mind laughing even harder for a longer period of time that is. It's over 2 hours of choking on laughter.

Quote:
I've finally watched it and you were right about the score. It really was a great work. Such a pity he couldn't get a nom though
Well it makes sense in a way but I agree. It was impeccable work. It's hard to tell the score from the original music.

Quote:
However, I'm still processing the movie. It's one of those you really feel, that make you feel awful. And, I would have never thought it, but I really liked Kunis.
It certainly not a movie that leaves you cold or blank. A lot to process there. I liked Kunis too but I must say from the raves, I thought her part was much bigger. It was not that big although it was important to the story. Oh and Winona Ryder sucked. Hard.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
It certainly not a movie that leaves you cold or blank. A lot to process there. I liked Kunis too but I must say from the raves, I thought her part was much bigger. It was not that big although it was important to the story. Oh and Winona Ryder sucked. Hard.
I dind't like Ryder this much either. However, I really liked the movie, rationally thinking about it now. Mostly because of the theme and Aronofsky certainly did a great job.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So now I just HAVE to upload Spamalot for you. If you don't mind laughing even harder for a longer period of time that is. It's over 2 hours of choking on laughter.
the Broadway musical? Can I find that on yt?

Quote:
It certainly not a movie that leaves you cold or blank. A lot to process there.
definitely
Old 08-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Extreme Fan

This looks way better than the first one.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
However, I really liked the movie, rationally thinking about it now. Mostly because of the theme and Aronofsky certainly did a great job.
it's probably the Aronofsky movie that had the biggest impact on me. I never could relate to his other characters in many ways. But he did a great job making you walk in her shoes in that one, however insane she was.

Quote:
the Broadway musical? Can I find that on yt?
Used to be you could get it there. Not so sure now. Equity has been cracking down on YT for video boots of musicals.
I can up it though. No problem.

Quote:
This looks way better than the first one.
Never really was into Sherlock Holmes. Way too formulaic. And adding these two certainly won't make it more attractive to me

Old 08-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
But he did a great job making you walk in her shoes in that one, however insane she was.
Really great indeed. It kinda reminded me of The Red Shoes at some point, mostly for the obsession theme, even though that's a completely different movie, an unparalleled masterpiece for sure.

I saw the Sherlock trailer some time ago and I really can't wait! It seems really great and funny and I'm intrigued by Noomi Rapace's character.

I watched Hereafter last night. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was really disappointed. The tsunami scene was really great, very emotional, but the rest was a bit too bland for me. Not the Clint I'm used to.