Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How is Kung Fu Panda 2 compared to the first one?
I didn't even finish the first one, sorry. I expect it's more of the same.

Quote:
people pay for vid players?
You'd be surprised what people pay for when there are perfectly good free alternatives

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I didn't even finish the first one, sorry. I expect it's more of the same.
You didn't like it? The opening is hilarious

Quote:
You'd be surprised what people pay for when there are perfectly good free alternatives
I'm sure I would!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You didn't like it? The opening is hilarious
I could predict every joke in that movie roughly 5 min or more before they happened. That kinda takes the fun out of it
but then it's a Dreamworks movie so what else is new?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I could predict every joke in that movie roughly 5 min or more before they happened. That kinda takes the fun out of it
He was so deadly that his enemies would go blind from overexposure to pure awesomeness!
"how can we repay you?" "there is no charge for awesomeness!"

So what new animated movies are great? Is How to Train a Dragon alright? 2012 movie Brave looks pretty cool I have high hopes! Archery gets me every time
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So what new animated movies are great? Is How to Train a Dragon alright?
Meh I never really found a Dreamworks animated movie really worth seeing. And I don't like Cars so it was a bad year for me
Tangled was pretty fun though.

Quote:
Brave looks pretty cool I have high hopes!
THAT! looks awesome! Can't wait!

Quote:
Archery gets me every time
like Robin Hood and Legolas?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I had the same idea. I guess the themes cross paths at some point since it's the same world in a way.
Yes, they're both very uncanny in different ways. I guess it was the echoes of gothic literature in them.

Quote:
Eastwood has been letting me down lately. Ever since Gran Torino really (and Changeling wasn't great either) and also... does he have to have Damon in every movie now?
I was looking forward to J. Edgar but not since I heard DiCaprio was playing Hoover
You really didn't like Gran Torino? I think it's one of my fave movies of his. And I liked Changeling too, both for the story and the directing, not to talk about the amazing cinematography.

Di Caprio is not bad! I really revaluated him starting from Catch Me if You Can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirani (View Post)
Me too! I actually really don't like the two main actors and find the humor cheesy but her and the music seem great.

I actually found them very funny in the first one and they have a good chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
but then it's a Dreamworks movie so what else is new?
I have to admit I watched it because of the panda. He's too cute! I want a panda with Jack Black's voice too! It's just one of those movies that make you feel 4 all over again.

BTW, just got The Art Of Getting By to review. Has any of you watched it?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss GoodManners (View Post)
BTW, just got The Art Of Getting By to review. Has any of you watched it?
No, let me know what you think of it

Brave looks amazing and I loved Tangled, cute
Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandaLaFleurMC (View Post)
No, let me know what you think of it
Sure! I'm going to watch it tonight so you'll have my first impressions.

Quote:
Brave looks amazing and I loved Tangled, cute
:nopd: Tangled is probably my fave animation movie from this past season. And Brave looks amazing too. I've seen the teaser and I love the colours. Specially the girl's redhead. And the actors voicing it are good too.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss GoodManners (View Post)
Tangled is probably my fave animation movie from this past season.
same here, well maybe a tie with Toy Story 3.

Quote:
And Brave looks amazing too. I've seen the teaser and I love the colours. Specially the girl's redhead. And the actors voicing it are good too.
yes, her hair
Old 08-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandaLaFleurMC (View Post)
same here, well maybe a tie with Toy Story 3
I liked Toy Story 3, but Tangled is definitely at the top. It's like a classic Disney movie, but with more spunk. And the characters are so pretty!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

yes I miss Classic Disney kind of movies
Old 08-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Looks like I'll try Tangled

Quote:
I never really found a Dreamworks animated movie really worth seeing.
Can you tell who made in when you're watching it from the animation? or do you look it up before/after? I've never heard of Cars but the title doesn't sound promising

Quote:
like Robin Hood and Legolas?
Legolas? sure although he's probably nearer to the bottom of my non existent "cool archers" list.
I like the idea and should like him, but I've never really been enthusiastic about Robin Hood. Probably because the first time I saw him he was an animal and the second time he looked really old and unattractive in that movie with Alan Rickman. I just looked up the most recent version, he's played by the Gladiator guy

Quote:
I actually found them very funny in the first one and they have a good chemistry.
Most people did and yeah they have a good chemistry.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

The only Robin Hood non-animation version I know is Sean Connery...

let me know what you think of Tangled
Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Di Caprio is not bad! I really revaluated him starting from Catch Me if You Can.
I like him since What's Eating Gilbert Grape. But he's getting better and better now, imo.

Quote:
The Art Of Getting By
I haven't seen it, but I'm curious to see how Freddie is now. Let me know what you think.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You really didn't like Gran Torino? I think it's one of my fave movies of his
Not really. I liked some things about it but the plot was all too "Lone hero" for me. The ending was too predictable. I liked the characters. Most of the acting, besides his, was really rough though.

Quote:
And I liked Changeling too, both for the story and the directing, not to talk about the amazing cinematography.
I liked it but I was a little disappointed. It didn't have the dramatic depth I was expecting. I felt like it didn't really go anywhere. It was lacking a unifying theme. But that's more Straczynski's fault than Eastwood. The direction and the acting were impeccable.

I think it's just that I loved all his movies from Mystic River up to Iwo Jima so much, I felt the more recent ones were a step back, I guess.

Quote:
He almost ruined Inception with his acting so I am still not a big fan. He was ok in Blood Diamond... if not for the ridiculous accent he was trying to do but then I guess the story was so poignant, even bad acting would have gone unnoticed.

Quote:
I like him since What's Eating Gilbert Grape. But he's getting better and better now, imo.
I liked him in that one and in Marvin's room, before he was huge and the lead actually

Quote:
And Brave looks amazing too. I've seen the teaser and I love the colours.
They keep knocking it out of the park with the animation and design. It's really something else.

Quote:
It's like a classic Disney movie, but with more spunk.
They truly (finally) reinvented the princess genre. That plot went through 3 casts and 4 different incarnations but it ended up pretty good (well, they could have done way better than Mandy Moore for the singing and acting but whatever)

Quote:
I miss Classic Disney kind of movies
What's your fave?

Quote:
Can you tell who made in when you're watching it from the animation?
Oh yeah. No contest. Dreamworks, Blue Sky, Pixar, you can definitely tell. Pixar reigns supreme. I never found the quality of animation, design or direction, nor the attention to details in the others' movies. And of course I'm not even discussing plots. Pixar's are real movies done in 3D animation.

Quote:
Probably because the first time I saw him he was an animal and the second time he looked really old and unattractive in that movie with Alan Rickman
yeah Kevin Costner was considered "hot" in the 90ies. Don't ask me why

Quote:
I just looked up the most recent version, he's played by the Gladiator guy
Another failure. That was really really bad. Even the prestigious cast and Ridley Scott's popularity didn't save that one from the disastrous reviews it deserved. Shame though because Marian is always a really great actress lost in a crappy movie fronted by a boring actor.