Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Other things could be that he is protecting a secret of hers, maybe he was protecting both of them, cause if this were to come out it could hurt them both?
This is the only reason to make the whole P/K thing less crappy. That they are covering something bigger, maybe not worse but with huge ripercussions, both personal or professional.
And of course this strategy is a cliche often used in soaps, a secret revealed out of the blue, the truth hidden until it's convenient. Misunderstanding is the word, like the neverending VM story. Let's say I'm expecting something more

Last edited by Det.Logan; 05-10-2011 at 03:57 AM
Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maybe? and maybe Peter feels like it was a moment of weakness for both in a vulnerable state for Kalinda, so maybe he feels more guilt? and of course he is the husband so he knows its more about him!
Oh God. If they have to make Kalinda the Damsel in Distress to make Peter the White Knight in this (well, gray ), they really need to go back to film school

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Extreme Fan

They will make it less obvious and more complex...but Kalinda had to be in some sort of trouble to ask for her name to be changed???? Running from something...and won't that go to Alicia feeling a bit guilty...but a little less bad... it is very soapy though..Alicia assumes the worst of her friend ... I mean she knew Kalinda had some past issues ...interesting how she is not htinking of that...the hurt is blinding her too much...and then lo and behold , something bigger comes out that alicia was unaware of...

Same with Peter...although whatever the excuse will make no difference with her...

and we know she flirted with Peter( Kings alluded to that)... bottom line is that it is clear it was not just she was playing around /he wanted sex... a lot more to it, and why do i think it involves more than just k/p???LOL!!!!

also what I can't figure out is that if PEter "helped her"...notwithstandting the sex, she did not seem to hold him in any higher esteem ...if sex was the payback that will just be too much...
Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kalinda had to be in some sort of trouble to ask for her name to be changed????
Which doesn't mean she was abused or a victim. She could have been in trouble because she screwed the wrong people.
Also she didn't ask for a name change. She had already changed her name by then. Peter helped her erase her footprints, whatever that is.

I'm still convinced there's someone in jail somewhere in Cook County who knows about Leela/Kalinda and that Peter locked away so that he/she couldn't come after her. But it could be a number of things.

Quote:
Alicia assumes the worst of her friend ... I mean she knew Kalinda had some past issues ...interesting how she is not htinking of that
Well, we know more about Kalinda's past than Alicia does (she doesn't know she faked her death, she just worked out she changed her name) and yet if we hadn't been told it was about that (in some way we know nothing about), none of us would have imagined her sleeping with Peter had any connection to anything else but sex.

Yes she knows Kalinda but she also knows there's a dark side to her and that she uses sex. I'm not really sure she would feel better knowing Kalinda used sex with Peter for something else.

Quote:
and we know she flirted with Peter( Kings alluded to that)
Where? I don't remember that.

Quote:
also what I can't figure out is that if PEter "helped her"...notwithstandting the sex, she did not seem to hold him in any higher esteem ...if sex was the payback that will just be too much...
I seriously think it was the other way around. She needed help but she was just a co-worker. Maybe she seduced him (not that it was really hard ) because she figured that if they had some sort of personal connection, he would be more prone to help.
I was thinking she could have blackmailed him into helping and that's why he really fired her but then he probably wouldn't have defended her to Alicia, right?

Old 05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Which doesn't mean she was abused or a victim. She could have been in trouble because she screwed the wrong people.
Also she didn't ask for a name change. She had already changed her name by then. Peter helped her erase her footprints, whatever that is.

Yes she knows Kalinda but she also knows there's a dark side to her and that she uses sex. I'm not really sure she would feel better knowing Kalinda used sex with Peter for something else.

Where? I don't remember that.

I seriously think it was the other way around. She needed help but she was just a co-worker. Maybe she seduced him (not that it was really hard ) because she figured that if they had some sort of personal connection, he would be more prone to help.
I was thinking she could have blackmailed him into helping and that's why he really fired her but then he probably wouldn't have defended her to Alicia, right?
I doubt she blackmailed him... more like what you say.. she flirted, a very easy seduction...
Kings said in one of their interviews... that things happen in the workplace, pple flirt , leads to things.. true they did not mention Peter/K specifically.. they kept saying that they had to write this sensitively... think we will see tonite, but I am convinced our poor PEter will get the bad end of the stick again. I am puzzled by the mystery..as neither P/K seem worried about something else coming out??
Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm still convinced there's someone in jail somewhere in Cook County who knows about Leela/Kalinda and that Peter locked away so that he/she couldn't come after her. But it could be a number of things.
Now thats a great twist and an interesting story line

Quote:
Yea I definitely think she seduced him and I agree I am not really sure even if Kalinda needed the help it would make Alicia less mad.

Quote:
Right, why would he had defended him, why would he inquire her help (and why would she had helped) if blackmail did happen

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am not really sure even if Kalinda needed the help it would make Alicia less mad.
She'd have a hard time proving to Alicia that she had no other way of getting herself out of this jam. I mean it probably was the easiest way but the only way? I'm waiting to see.

Quote:
think we will see tonite, but I am convinced our poor PEter will get the bad end of the stick again
Not really sure we'll find out more about this tonight. And I think Peter's been dealt with already.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Extreme Fan

When A was talking to Grace, she raised her eyebrows when Grace said Peter was hurting...was it bec she didn't think he was hurting, or she didn't think Peter would say that to the kids??

also, jackie seemed to imply Peter had not seen the kids...did I get that right...if so, does that make sense...he may be furious with Alicia ...would he avoid the kids???

If they get into domestic fighting next year, it will be just too much...have NO interest in that ..
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
When A was talking to Grace, she raised her eyebrows when Grace said Peter was hurting...was it bec she didn't think he was hurting, or she didn't think Peter would say that to the kids??
I think she is wondering where Grace was getting that information. Like she kind of felt, I wonder if Peter told them that. Jackie has no right getting in that, she needs to step back just a bit.

Quote:
also, jackie seemed to imply Peter had not seen the kids...did I get that right...if so, does that make sense...he may be furious with Alicia ...would he avoid the kids???
I need to watch again, not sure. Maybe they just have not had the chance? maybe next week?

Quote:
If they get into domestic fighting next year, it will be just too much...have NO interest in that ..
I totally agree.

As for the promo....well ladies, we knew that was coming! (only good thing? Alicia will be getting some )

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Don't be so sure Alicia is getting some...this show likes to torture fans!!

They painted Jackie pretty badly...now they are after the whole family...LOL... but she was very wrong..

Laila was right...and I saw this too..conveniently bec of David Lees advice, Alicia will not rush into divorce...so that leaves it open for the writers to have flexibility...

There has been enough A/P misery, so I hope they do not dwell only on the bad...getting even(P)... more coldness...
I hate to be cynical, but Alicia may start being a little nicer so she can keep Peter at bay..not give him any excuse . It is odd that she does not seem to get that Peter would honestly be hurt /jealous whatever over Will or bitter that he was in a marriage where he had no chance , more importantly the impact that would have ie who wants an angry Peter out to get you ...guess she acted so abruptly it did not occur to her...
But then she probably thought... he got elected...

:Like Jodie though, I am getting mad at cold inflexible alicia...she could have cut Kalinda some quarter... had a convo with her..., she would not hear anything..she got what Peter got... but then I guess there would be no story if they mended fences so quickly!!!.

It was interesting when she said "was my husband good"...scarcastic of course, but hurt pride and maybe a little jealousy???

On the other thread, they talked about Peter sleeping with amber in the house... I know they went in circles but was it a FACT... it was hinted at, but Peter did not admit it...
Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't be so sure Alicia is getting some...this show likes to torture fans!!
True that, but I think they might be going for Alicia reexamine her "one night" stand realiziing how easy it is to make a mistake like that, maybe she can try to forgive Kalinda? (Peter probably not )

Quote:
Alicia will not rush into divorce...so that leaves it open for the writers to have flexibility...
Yea and that bothers me, I understand a divorce should not be rushed, but I hope is not their way of keeping us in limbo, not cool

Quote:
Peter would honestly be hurt /jealous whatever over Will
If she does sleep with Will, it would kind of reaffirm a lot of Peter's insecurities.

Quote:
maybe a little jealousy???
yup

Quote:
On the other thread, they talked about Peter sleeping with amber in the house... I know they went in circles but was it a FACT... it was hinted at, but Peter did not admit it...
I never been truly convinced about this....

Also did you hear that Gov Schwarzenegger and Maria Shiver are separating about 25 years, wow (the Kings love their current event, cannot be good news for A/P )

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Also did you hear that Gov Schwarzenegger and Maria Shiver are separating about 25 years, wow (the Kings love their current event, cannot be good news for A/P )
I heard this yesterday, thought of TGW and found it sadly ironic.

Did anyone "get" what Jackie meant by the, "I know what goes on in your apartment!" rant?!? Was that foreshadowing something for next week, etc?

I am already very tired of cold, gritchy, inflexible Alicia. I sincerely hope they do not keep her on ice much longer. Her attitude is getting hard to swallow because the Kings have made her increasingly hypocritical. Perhaps that is the point, but I miss the days when I really both loved and liked her. The love is still there, but these days I find it more and more difficult to like Alicia as well. ::sniffle::

I enjoyed the teary scene between K/A in the office, but the later one seemed so very angry and final on both sides that it really got to me. I didn't want Alicia to say, "Good!" about Kalinda leaving! Hearing Kalinda just state in such a matter-of-fact way that she slept with Peter because that's how she rolls and confirm she lied outright to Alicia about it a year ago was disheartening. Perhaps I have been reading to many warmer, fuzzier fan fiction scenarios of this encounter to ever be truly pleased with the actual cannon version. I hope their interaction next week gives us at least a *glimmer* of hope!?!

I also found it weird that the Kings chose to imply that Peter and the kids haven't seen each other during this entire period. That just doesn't ring true to me. They didn't have to show us a scene, but I can't see them not talking at all in this week or more period since Alicia kicked him out of the apartment. Seems like they should have at least indicated they'd talked by phone or something.

The bit with Kalinda laughing hysterically at the SA office work seemed "off" somehow to me, but I don't really even know why. Maybe it was just the idea of K laughing at all, since it isn't something I recall ever seeing before now. I wasn't sure to make of the look between Alicia and Kalinda in the final scene, but I hope it doesn't spell continual cat fights to come.

Just realized only part of this is directly A/P related. Does indirect count for the A/K commentary?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Did anyone "get" what Jackie meant by the, "I know what goes on in your apartment!" rant?!? Was that foreshadowing something for next week, etc?
Seriously? what the heck did Jackie mean?

Quote:
Seems like they should have at least indicated they'd talked by phone or something.
Totally agree, seems like sloppy writing to me. You are telling me Peter has not mad an effort to talk to his kids, I think not.

A/P seems to be at a standby right now But I think we might get an A/P next week even if its a bloody one again

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwifefan (View Post)
I heard this yesterday, thought of TGW and found it sadly ironic.

I am already very tired of cold, gritchy, inflexible Alicia. I sincerely hope they do not keep her on ice much longer. Her attitude is getting hard to swallow because the Kings have made her increasingly hypocritical. Perhaps that is the point, but I miss the days when I really both loved and liked her. The love is still there, but these days I find it more and more difficult to like Alicia as well. ::sniffle::

I enjoyed the teary scene between K/A in the office, but the later one seemed so very angry and final on both sides that it really got to me. I didn't want Alicia to say, "Good!" about Kalinda leaving! Hearing Kalinda just state in such a matter-of-fact way that she slept with Peter because that's how she rolls and confirm she lied outright to Alicia about it a year ago was disheartening. Perhaps I have been reading to many warmer, fuzzier fan fiction scenarios of this encounter to ever be truly pleased with the actual cannon version. I hope their interaction next week gives us at least a *glimmer* of hope!?!

I also found it weird that the Kings chose to imply that Peter and the kids haven't seen each other during this entire period. That just doesn't ring true to me. They didn't have to show us a scene, but I can't see them not talking at all in this week or more period since Alicia kicked him out of the apartment. Seems like they should have at least indicated they'd talked by phone or something.

The bit with Kalinda laughing hysterically at the SA office work seemed "off" somehow to me, but I don't really even know why. Maybe it was just the idea of K laughing at all, since it isn't something I recall ever seeing before now. I wasn't sure to make of the look between Alicia and Kalinda in the final scene, but I hope it doesn't spell continual cat fights to come.

Just realized only part of this is directly A/P related. Does indirect count for the A/K commentary?
Well saw Getting Off finally - If all felt a little off to me - don't know what it was. Maybe somewhat timid Kalinda walking on eggshells around Alicia - Speaking of those two I found that their scenes together last night actually really lacked the emotional punch I was expecting. I found the final A/P conversation last week much more heart wrenching and brutal.

Perhaps not too much of a reboot then - Alica and kalinda will eventually mend things it will just take time...

Sarah Silverman was pretty amusing though - I rather liked her character - She was pretty much the highlight of the episode for me.

Then there is next week's promo - - Didn't do much for me - I would have rathered seen something case related or something with the kids or Kalinda or something / Even if another one of those scenes was included in the promo they gave us...

That being said I don't want to begrude the A/W camp their happiness ( or happy moments ) and Alicia clearly really likes Will a lot so I'm okay with where ever they go with that storyline.

My only really misgivings with it is that I"m afriad that if they go this route - Will they will make Peter the big angry obstacle to true love...

If they get A/W together I want their relationship to be about them - Him being freaked because she has kids and was married etc, her feeling guilt about the kids and moving on so quickly ( which she hasn't really as she hasn't really been in the marriage for the last 2 years - in body maybe but not in spirit ) .

I also don't think Peter and how he may be feeling factors into her equation right now at all - Protecting herself from him and giving him access to the kids and that's it. Maybe she'll thaw in time - But who knows when it comes to her and Peter right lol!

Oh the whining and pestimistic attitude - mare you've rubbed off on me -

Just joking of course my dear - You and I often see along the same lines

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 05-11-2011 at 02:23 PM
Old 05-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
True that, but I think they might be going for Alicia reexamine her "one night" stand realiziing how easy it is to make a mistake like that, maybe she can try to forgive Kalinda? (Peter probably not )
I doubt that they will have a ONS with Will... they are intent on keeping the fans hanging but feel they deserve something interim..and even if Alicia does, she is separated, maybe not legally yet , but in her head? so is it cheating?

Quote:
I am already very tired of cold, gritchy, inflexible Alicia. I sincerely hope they do not keep her on ice much longer. Her attitude is getting hard to swallow because the Kings have made her increasingly hypocritical. Perhaps that is the point, but I miss the days when I really both loved and liked her. \

I enjoyed the teary scene between K/A in the office, but the later one seemed so very angry and final on both sides that it really got to me. I didn't want Alicia to say, "Good!" about Kalinda leaving! Hearing Kalinda just state in such a matter-of-fact way that she slept with Peter because that's how she rolls and confirm she lied outright to Alicia about it a year ago was \
I also found it weird that the Kings chose to imply that Peter and the kids haven't seen each other during this entire period. That just doesn't ring true to me. They didn't have to show us a scene, but I can't see them not talking at all in this week or more period since Alicia kicked him out of the apartment.
The bit with Kalinda laughing hysterically at the SA office work seemed "off" somehow to me, but I don't really even know why. Maybe it was just the idea of K laughing at all, since it isn't something I recall ever seeing before now
I am SO sick of that alicia, that I too am glad PEter is not with her, but most pple see alicia entitled to whatever... and she was brutal to Jackie ( deserved I guess).. but I still think she does not get the impact she has had by her abrupt move ... to kids, and why Peters would be hurt... unless she really doesnt't care, and is that furious... when you think of it, she was quite mean to Peter.. I know writers would make excuses ( she didn't know she loved Will, she was ambivalent etc) but it was unfair to Peter and her to keep him on ice knowing all along she wanted Will ..how could she REALLY work on the marriage...how can she not think that was hypocritical, and not see her part in the demise of the marriage.
Closest they came was when Zach asked aabout shuttling and she didn't know..also thought it was WRONG of her to deal with kids by herself..no mattter how mad she is at Peter, she should respect him as a father..

Still think they will patch up K/A but also surprised re her response...so much for my damsel in distress theory!!! LOL!

Peter not with kids..again ...that really bothered me; he did not have to be in the scene... all they had to do was reference.. It does seem that they do go out of their way to make him look bad??? don't get it. or sloppy writing?

Kalinda laughing... to me it did not work ... you were supposed to be shocked as she is quiet and never laughs...but it seemed fake.also, in their convo, alicia almost seemed immature in her approach , "good", not like a 40 something woman. Maybe the overall idea is that she has evolved and not burying her feelings like last time, but she is a little over the top.
I think we are going to see more bad A/P stuff before it gets better; I think after what they have put us thru for 40 epis ( and in context..Chris did miss time, but really 4 /5 epis at the end of the day) guess that is a lot in TV land Enough for a real reconciliation...Although my theory about keeping them together for a bit in s3 may not have been right anyways as JM was intent on being alone... and that is what the vid with JM hinted at with her/ W...( although JCs take was of course the same as he has been saying all along.. tension will be there, it will ramp up).. I do feel sorry for W/A shippers ( more us!)...

Thanks Jodie, Jodi and Kiki... love how we all agree...

Kiki..is Emily so disgruntled she is only on Twitter?!!!

Ps Peters apt is on the finale but I suspect we will not get A/P alone... isn't there supposed to be some other big 'surprise"...