Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2020, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Some Sad News About Our Friend Alan (The Crow)

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share the sad news that our friend The Crow (Alan) has passed away after fighting a battle with a heart infection that he had for the last month. Alan posted here on the Everwood Board for many years, and he also was a Moderator and Moderator Support Team Member here at Fan Forum in the past. Alan shared his passion for comic books with us and he also shared pictures with us of the many celebrities that he met over the years, and he was liked by a lot of people here and I know that he was loved by his family.

In this day and age, with the advent of the Internet and the distances between where many of us live, a lot of our friends have become on-line friends and Alan was one of the people that I never met in person but who I considered to be a friend, and I’m really going to miss him and miss seeing his posts here, especially of the beautiful comic book covers that he was kind enough to share with us on a regular basis. I know that Alan and Michelle had a close on-line friendship, so my heart goes out to her and to everyone that knew him.

May God Bless Alan, and may God Bless his family and friends.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So well said, Jerry, thank you for posting. It is beautiful.

I have known Alan since 2004. We hit it off as friends almost immediately. I told him we got along because of our astrological signs. He probably thought I was crazy at the time since I told him this so early on. He was that intellectual Virgo who complemented my Capricorn so perfectly. We just spoke the same language when it came to analyzing things, loving nature, sports and comics. We talked to each other daily. We both lost a parent over the last several years and talking about this with each other only made us even closer. We could talk about everything under the sun and just had a dynamic where we "got" each other. We definitely shared a special friendship together. He is a wonderful, beautiful person with such an intelligent mind. We talked on the Everwood Board daily for almost 20 years, but also privately on PM and Email.

I will miss him so much, but I'm comforted in knowing he is now reunited with his beloved father he loved and missed so dearly. Now they are together again. This makes me smile. God Bless all of his family and friends.

I miss you, Alan, but I know you will always be around in Spirit and this is not a true goodbye because we will meet again.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-01-2020 at 04:52 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Sad news !

Michelle and Jerry said it way better than I could ever say it. All I can say is that the world is missing one hell of a good guy in the face of Alan!

Rest in peace but I am sure that he will be! I know in my heart that Alan is now at peace and is ready for his next adventure in life.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Sad news !

Michelle and Jerry said it way better than I could ever say it. All I can say is that the world is missing one hell of a good guy in the face of Alan!

Rest in peace but I am sure that he will be! I know in my heart that Alan is now at peace and is ready for his next adventure in life.
So well said, Koni.

You said it beautifully and you've said this more once too... Alan is just such a good guy. He was so kind and pure, with so much intellect. His nieces adore him. Alan would light up talking about them... they watched shows together, traveled together. He had such a special relationship with his nieces and sisters, too. The family was very close. Everyone who has ever known him understands this and like you said so perfectly, the world will miss him so much.

Yes, his next adventure is sure to be vibrant and fun.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 PM
Administrator

It's great to see you here Koni and your tribute to Alan was beautiful. I'll write to you soon.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Right now I am in. Tears. Alan along with Michelle and Betty were one of the first people to welcome me into this online community on this board. We didn’t always agree, but he was always peaceful and sweet. I could feel his kindness come through the screen. May God have Mercy in his soul.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Right now I am in. Tears. Alan along with Michelle and Betty were one of the first people to welcome me into this online community on this board. We didn’t always agree, but he was always peaceful and sweet. I could feel his kindness come through the screen. May God have Mercy in his soul.
So sweet, Shu. You guys were a lot alike when you talked. Two intellects engaging.

He had a sweet, calm Energy and I love how you used the words sweet and peaceful. That was so him.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
So sweet, Shu. You guys were a lot alike when you talked. Two intellects engaging.

He had a sweet, calm Energy and I love how you used the words sweet and peaceful. That was so him.
He will be missed.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
He will be missed.
He will, indeed.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jerry, Michelle, Koni, & Shu...you guys said it all so beautifully.

I am very very said because Alan was such a young man who leaves all of us (who will most definitely miss his presence and intelligence on this board), but also a mom and 2 sisters whom I feel for so much.I just can't imagine what they are going through. It's devasting.
The reassuring thing is that Alan is at peace and with his Dad and other loved ones and I know (from Michelle) that he is very happy.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 07-03-2020 at 01:28 PM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no, this is so sad!! May he rest in peace.
a meaningful, sane existence
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I used to interact with Alan a bit, but it's been a while since we talked. I remember him as a friendly person, and that he liked to share pics and stories about the cons he attended. My sincere sympathy to his friends and family.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Very Sad news

RIP Alan
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:53 PM
I am a basketball genius!

In 2006 I hadn't gotten into comics yet & Alan helped me learn more of them & also he taught me about film director Uwe Bolle & critically panned movies he made that were largely based on video games. I had not him around for a some years. 2015 might have been the last time. Great guy that will be without question missed.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
In 2006 I hadn't gotten into comics yet & Alan helped me learn more of them & also he taught me about film director Uwe Bolle & critically panned movies he made that were largely based on video games. I had not him around for a some years. 2015 might have been the last time. Great guy that will be without question missed.
Incredible. I didn't know he had the film director/critically panned movies he made/video games. It doesn't surprise me, because Alan's intelligence is off the charts. I also told him he should have been a writer, he had a way with words, and he was also very creative as you clearly give a wonderful example of this fact.

A supremely intelligent mind, sweet, soft, gentle Soul, was Alan.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-03-2020 at 01:24 PM
Reply   Post New Thread