Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. Unfortunately I didn't discuss "Everwood" with Alan that I remember. The only season of that show I recall watching all of was season 1. It's good to know he was around here a lot. 1 of the things I remember from a long time ago discussing with Alan was the "Batman & Robin" film from 1997 that in 2008 I hadn't seen at that time & he warned me about watching it, but I did on VHS if I recall correctly & well he was correct about that film. It was the silliest to be kind comic book based movie I've watched, but nevertheless good memories.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I am so deeply sorry to hear this about Alan. I was always astonished at seeing who he has met over the years (which seemed like everyone!) and just everything he had to say. What sad news. he will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Barrybgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks Betty for the heads-up of this sad, terrible news. Alan was the whole reason I started watching The 100 (which is the only board I'm active on here anymore, but I used to be an Everwood regular). I also remember the myriad of photos he would post from celebrities he met at different events, and his highly intellectual posts and breakdowns of different TV shows. He led a full life, that's for sure!!!

Praying comfort for his family and friends.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Great thoughts, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Yes. Unfortunately I didn't discuss "Everwood" with Alan that I remember. The only season of that show I recall watching all of was season 1. It's good to know he was around here a lot. 1 of the things I remember from a long time ago discussing with Alan was the "Batman & Robin" film from 1997 that in 2008 I hadn't seen at that time & he warned me about watching it, but I did on VHS if I recall correctly & well he was correct about that film. It was the silliest to be kind comic book based movie I've watched, but nevertheless good memories.
That is so great. You have a lot of memories with him.

What would you say were Alan's favorite Comics? I know he preferred Marvel over DC. He talked to me extensively about Comics. I've always been a fan but not even close to Alan's love and endless knowledge of Comics.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Thanks Betty for the heads-up of this sad, terrible news. Alan was the whole reason I started watching The 100 (which is the only board I'm active on here anymore, but I used to be an Everwood regular). I also remember the myriad of photos he would post from celebrities he met at different events, and his highly intellectual posts and breakdowns of different TV shows. He led a full life, that's for sure!!!

Praying comfort for his family and friends.
You’re very welcome, Taryn. I wish I had better news to give you. Alan was the reason that I started watching The 100 and I believe Michelle as well. He had a huge list of shows that he watched, and often had really good suggestions for us. I sure hope they have a huge TV in heaven!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Alan preferred Marvel over DC & so I went through pages in the Comics & Cartoons forum & began on the last page, because I forgot when the thread was closed that he introduced himself on. I found that thread. It was started in 2004 & closed in 2013 & it has over 350 posts in it. That high post count had to with me searching pages for cartoon threads to add to it back when Comics & Cartoons merged I think.

Last edited by canflam; 07-03-2020 at 09:11 PM
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I thought Alan preferred Marvel over DC & so I went through pages in the Comics & Cartoons forum & began on the last page, because I forgot when the thread was closed that he introduced himself on. I found that thread. It was started in 2004 & closed in 2013 & it has over 350 posts in it. That high post count had to with me searching pages for cartoon threads to add to it back when Comics & Cartoons merged I think.
Nice. I'm going to check out that thread and your board.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Betty, thank you so much for messaging me about Alan. He was always so passionate about comics and tv shows and everything media centered. He posted some of the best comic book covers. Seriously, the artistry was just amazing from whomever the authors were. The world has defintely lost a good man.

Like Jerry said, we are graced with the internet so people far across the globe will never see us face to face but we will feel like we know them better than our own family that shares our lives with us on a daily basis.

I'm gonna miss our little nugget. He was always so positive and ready to chat with you on just about everything. The guy was just so smart and intelligent in his commentary on episodes.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're very welcome, Patricia.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

When sports comes back, especially college sports, it's going to be really tough. Alan loved his Oklahoma Sooners. He also loved the Minnesota Twins/Texas Rangers in baseball. Loved his Dallas Cowboys. We would talk on and even off the board extensively about sports all the time. Every Saturday from morning to night, during college football season we were constantly talking about our teams. I will miss this so much.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just woke up this morning thinking there would be a new Comic Cover on OT2 from Alan. I forgot. So tough!
Old 07-08-2020, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I just woke up this morning thinking there would be a new Comic Cover on OT2 from Alan. I forgot. So tough!
It's going to take a long time for this to sink in.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It's going to take a long time for this to sink in.
It is indeed.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Just noticed the last people (not invisible) who have visited my page:

Quote:
Recent Visitors
The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
break the window+ fagolfallaway falling slowly gelangefelraym KatB+ lewholesalenfl Redlight-Electr0 rtpartyparty The Crow+ TL22+
This page has had 19,101 visits

Last edited by jediwands; 07-11-2020 at 04:02 PM
Old 07-11-2020, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I never want Alan's name to leave.
Reply   Post New Thread