Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2020, 10:41 PM
  #46
Fan Forum Hero

 
canflam's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 76,049
We used to have 1 annually & do our draft over at the Sports forum, but I can't regularly use a computer due my local library being closed still, so it would be harder for me to be a commissioner. That's great that you got to play vs. him.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:21 PM
  #47
Master Fan

 
cowgirl08's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Me too. It had to be such a beautiful moment. I don't think his heart ever quite healed after his dad's death. It never does completely, we both know this personally with our parents. But he would even tell me on PM or Email he was having a bad day due to sadness. We both talked about his dad's passing and my mom's as well. It helped. Their reunion had to be like the 4th of July Fireworks.

I would LOVE to do a Fantasy Football League! I'm not sure how many others would join in is the only issue. But count me in if we can figure something out!
Losing a loved one too soon, particularly a parent is the worst pain there is because it never heals. You just learn to live with the sting. I know he is happier now, celebration for sure.

Let me see if I can create a basic one real quick and if enough sign up then we can do a draft, if not, welp so be it we tried. First game is next week so we have a few days here.
__________________
He is always there to save her.
cowgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:24 PM
  #48
Master Fan

 
cowgirl08's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,821
Here y'all go! If anyone wants to join hop on in and we can see if we have enough. Feel free to invite others. If we get enough we can figure out a time to draft.

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/le...8-e1e15be224e1
__________________
He is always there to save her.
cowgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:16 PM
  #49
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Losing a loved one too soon, particularly a parent is the worst pain there is because it never heals. You just learn to live with the sting. I know he is happier now, celebration for sure.
Well said.

Quote:
Let me see if I can create a basic one real quick and if enough sign up then we can do a draft, if not, welp so be it we tried. First game is next week so we have a few days here.
Sounds good!
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:16 PM
  #50
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Here y'all go! If anyone wants to join hop on in and we can see if we have enough. Feel free to invite others. If we get enough we can figure out a time to draft.

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/le...8-e1e15be224e1
Thanks!

ETA: Signed up.

Love the Name. So perfect.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:22 PM
  #51
Fan Forum Hero

 
canflam's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 76,049
I am in the Pacific time zone, so which time of day is good for you all to draft at? Mornings will be tough for me.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:09 PM
  #52
Master Fan

 
cowgirl08's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 19,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I am in the Pacific time zone, so which time of day is good for you all to draft at? Mornings will be tough for me.
I'm on the East Coast but I can be fairly flexible on time so whenever. First step is seeing if we have enough to even play to worry about it though, if we can't get at least 8 it won't be much of a league.
__________________
He is always there to save her.
cowgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:43 AM
  #53
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 59,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
I'm on the East Coast but I can be fairly flexible on time so whenever. First step is seeing if we have enough to even play to worry about it though, if we can't get at least 8 it won't be much of a league.
You guys can really use Alan right now!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:26 AM
  #54
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
^ Certainly!

I'm in the Midwest but entirely flexible with draft time (should it happen).
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:04 PM
  #55
Fan Forum Hero

 
canflam's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 76,049
We only have 3 signed up.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:41 PM
  #56
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Yes and I know someone who would make 4 should we do it but it's looking very unlikely at this point we'll get more people.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:51 AM
  #57
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
I'm drafting tonight for one of my leagues and tomorrow night for another.

First NFL game is Thursday night.

As a result, it's pretty safe to say we don't have enough time to get a league together. We tried, late in the game, but there's just not enough time. Maybe next season.

We'll just declare the winner of our league this season:

Alan Farley.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-07-2020 at 12:28 PM
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:56 PM
  #58
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Just finished my last Fantasy Draft. Three total. I thought of Alan. He had a couple year round drafts and a couple regular season ones. We ALWAYS went over our players together, if we had a trade proposal we'd go over it with each other for advice. I miss him.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:02 PM
  #59
Addicted Fan

 
Abomasum's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,293
I only just learned of this - and I know it's months late, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about Alan's passing.

I don't think there are any words out there that could adequately address the sorrow that comes with the loss of a human life - and if there were, I would certainly not be the one to find them. So, I am just going to say that I am very sad to hear that Alan has passed away and my heart goes out to his loved ones. I know many of you were close to him and so to you, too, I am terribly sorry for the loss of a good friend.

I barely knew Alan. For some reason, our paths never fully crossed, I suppose. But I remember him being quite active on the board, and from the posts that I have come across during my time here, I got the sense that he was a beautifully positive individual who always had a friendly word for everyone. A good soul taken far too soon. I hope he is happy wherever he is now.
__________________
Frogs, trees, broccoli...
I have a distraught heart.
EVERWOOD (2002-2006)
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:19 PM
  #60
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
I only just learned of this - and I know it's months late, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about Alan's passing.

I don't think there are any words out there that could adequately address the sorrow that comes with the loss of a human life - and if there were, I would certainly not be the one to find them. So, I am just going to say that I am very sad to hear that Alan has passed away and my heart goes out to his loved ones. I know many of you were close to him and so to you, too, I am terribly sorry for the loss of a good friend.

I barely knew Alan. For some reason, our paths never fully crossed, I suppose. But I remember him being quite active on the board, and from the posts that I have come across during my time here, I got the sense that he was a beautifully positive individual who always had a friendly word for everyone. A good soul taken far too soon. I hope he is happy wherever he is now.
So well said.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt Universe, Emily VanCamp Brasil, Chris Pratt Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.

Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.


TEST