Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww, I liked the glasses too. And to the eery comparisons. Its like they were all cloned from the same person.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 03-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Alright, this has been bugging me for a few days: where is the picture of Greg making the dopey face from, Thief??

And the similarities are freaking me out too, shadow. David Tennant is eight years older than him, and I always thought Ephram looked quite young, but..well, I guess that isn't really the point, hee, but they do look eerily similar in those pictures. Weird. Maybe Greg is half-Scottish? 'Cause that might help explain things..somehow.

I agree with Sarah and Greg too. I'd also like to see him act with some actors who typically play semi-nerdy, introverted characters. I can't really think of any at the moment, hee, but Greg was such a natural at playing one, so it'd be fun to see two actors who are really amazing at playing that type of character beside each other.

I had more ideas when I asked the question, but apparently they've all fallen out of my head.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Hee. Dopey Greg is from that scene outside the kegger with Amy in "So Long, Farewell." I went right for that moment because I remembered commenting in the recap that he never resembled James McAvoy more than he did in that particular scene. But he doesn't look quite as goofy as it's actually playing out, .

You know, I actually attempted an investigation of Greg's heritage just to find out if he was part Scottish, based on all those eerie similarities, hee. But all I could ascertain was that his father is "British-born," which I assume means "English," since no one ever uses "British" when they specifically mean "Scottish," "Welsh," or "from Northern Ireland." And his mother is American, which is pretty much the most useless way possible to define a person's actual genetic heritage, hee.

Actors who play semi-nerdy, introverted characters....hmm. I'm trying to think of characters like that in the first place, hee. Well, characters from relatively serious things, not broad comedies with stereotypical nerds. I can think of talkative geeky characters and actors who play those characters well, but Ephram-like introverts, not so much. Alexis Bledel did a pretty good job of that early in the Gilmore run, but I think she had sort of lost that innate nerdiness by the end of the series.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hee. Dopey Greg is from that scene outside the kegger with Amy in "So Long, Farewell." I went right for that moment because I remembered commenting in the recap that he never resembled James McAvoy more than he did in that particular scene. But he doesn't look quite as goofy as it's actually playing out,
Hee, I hope not, because that would be quite the insult to both Greg AND James McAvoy, heh. I predict that Betty will love those visual aids when she returns. Visual aids are always great.

Quote:
You know, I actually attempted an investigation of Greg's heritage just to find out if he was part Scottish, based on all those eerie similarities, hee. But all I could ascertain was that his father is "British-born," which I assume means "English," since no one ever uses "British" when they specifically mean "Scottish," "Welsh," or "from Northern Ireland." And his mother is American, which is pretty much the most useless way possible to define a person's actual genetic heritage, hee.
Hmm, we need access to Greg so we can really find out. Or we just need access to Greg so we can tell him to FIRE HIS AGENT. *sighs* Yeah, compared to Sarah Drew fans, us Greg fans are pretty nutty too. And desperate.

I hear Eli Stone is being shown in another country, so the finale might make it onto the *cough*ing rounds in the new few weeks.

Greg/Alexis would bring the pretty, so I wouldn't complain.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Greg/Alexis would bring the pretty, so I wouldn't complain.
Bet you'd be even happier with a film that featured a Greg/Alexis/Sarah-as-crazy-knife-wielding-chick love triangle.

Actually, that might end up becoming my favorite movie ever. Especially if we gave Greg's character Scottish doppelgangers.

I've been checking TWoP's Eli Stone thread for the past week or so since hearing that it would finish its run overseas, and I think it was said that there are two eps left to go. First I want actual confirmation that he's really in the finale, since I would be utterly unsurprised if that info ended up being faulty in some way. Greg fans can't expect too much, heh.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Addicted Fan

wow, it kind of looks like we're actually going to get it once it's been dubbed.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
First I want actual confirmation that he's really in the finale, since I would be utterly unsurprised if that info ended up being faulty in some way. Greg fans can't expect too much, heh.
Yeah, we do have a habit of being disappointed, don't we? Privileged might go before he even gets to even be on the show, so we need him on Eli Stone! Michael Green's show has bombed, and he's not getting on B&S, so this is kind of his last shot for a while until another big name Everwood writer gets a show.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So...in other words....overseas is going to air the final before us? Does anyone have any idea when we will see the final episode? I thought that the last episode was the final episode.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
So...in other words....overseas is going to air the final before us? Does anyone have any idea when we will see the final episode? I thought that the last episode was the final episode.
I'm not sure if we'll ever see it, to be honest. I just looked at ABC's summer schedule, and they don't have Eli Stone on it. Other than a DVD release, or them putting it online, the only way we may see it is if it can be *cough*ed.

By the way, Betty, there are visual aids on the previous page that you have to check out, hee.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow! I missed those! Unbelievable similarities. So amazing that you noticed, Thief.

What can we do about Greg? Do you think it's his agent or him? I'm thinking that his agent gets him parts and Greg says, "No."

As far as playing with another nerd....how about the guy that plays Chuck? I think they'd be good together.

Now for that "cough".....I honestly don't know how to develop a "cough". Someone is going to have to help me with that!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
As far as playing with another nerd....how about the guy that plays Chuck? I think they'd be good together.
I agree. As Thief pointed out, most nerdy introverts are played for comedy, and Zachary Levi does that a lot obviously, but he also plays into the sweeter, smaller and just more real moments of playing the nerdy guy too. I could see them having some really fun chemistry, especially as Greg can be just as fun too, with his dry and snarky delivery.

Quote:
What can we do about Greg? Do you think it's his agent or him? I'm thinking that his agent gets him parts and Greg says, "No."
I would have said it was his agent, but with Greg agreeing to Eli Stone AND Privileged (although that didn't work, seemingly because of Greg wanting a bigger part or something), it appears to me like he's trying to get out there again, get back to some TV work. I don't think it's just because of Rina and Berlanti that he agreed to do those roles, if he did agree to do two roles, it's because he actually does want to get on TV again, even in smaller guest roles. Get his face/name out there again. Hopefully that's true, anyway, so there's a greater chance that we get to see him.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Evidently the Eli Stone finale just aired tonight, wherever it is that it's been airing, so I asked on the TWoP thread if Greg appeared in it, and he did! So once that wends its way over here, by, uh, whatever means, we'll finally have a new Greg appearance to enjoy.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Greg's alive!!! Hee. Aw, yay, something to look forward to for once on the Greg front.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Greg's alive!!! Hee. Aw, yay, something to look forward to for once on the Greg front.

Yes, I'm excited as well....but didn't you say, 'Tos, the we won't ever see this episode unless we get a "cough"?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, I'm excited as well....but didn't you say, 'Tos, the we won't ever see this episode unless we get a "cough"?
Right. I did realize that ABC didn't announce their full summer schedule, so there is a faint chance that we might see Eli Stone show up at some point there. If not, we're going to have to figure out how to see him, somehow!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread