Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2017, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Wow funny how Michelle for example is super happy about the Barry/Iris scenes in the musical episode and the proposal and singing and in the same time in Chicago PD Jay and Erin broke up .
Oh no!

Quote:
I still haven't watched the full episode, I only saw the ending, but I like the fact that he didn't break up with her because he doesn't love her. He broke up with her because he needs to figure out things and she deserves better. So that was good.

Him lying about being married though was like WTF . I do hope that we get some military background story on Jay with this storyline though. That would be much appreciated.

Wow, I'm so damn confused. Who is the woman/wife who clearly wants to work things out with him? Why/how is he married? This took place while he was in the military?
Old 03-23-2017, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I do need to know that if I didn't watch the Flash/Supergirl crossover...will I find out what happened to Kara and to her eyes?
I'm not sure?

You should just watch the crossover episode to fill in the blanks. LOL You'd love all the singing, I guarantee it. Jeremy Jordan as Winn was phenomenal. Everyone in the crossover singing has major musical theater talent. Such great stuff!

Or you can ask me what you want to know...

Basically Kara is fine now, and she reunited with Mon-El.

Music Meister was the villain (in the comics) caused all of this but put it this way... I'd welcome him back if his destruction causes such perfect unity in the end. He literally admits he did it for LOVE.

Here's a recap:

'The Flash' Recap: Why Does the Music Meister Trap Barry and Kara in a Musical?

But yes, Kara, J'onn, Mon-El return back to their Earth at the end of the episode. Her eyes and what the Music Meister did to her was basically put her in a trance in order to teach her a lesson about love, along with Barry.

I love the Spiritual component to this episode... literally, Barry and Kara CREATED their own world once in a dream-state. They created that reality of seeing Iris and Mon-El together as different people in the new world, etc.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Oh no!

Wow, I'm so damn confused. Who is the woman/wife who clearly wants to work things out with him? Why/how is he married? This took place while he was in the military?
Apparently yes. I still haven't watched the episode, but it seems that they were both in the military and probably met there. I am glad at least that he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to be with that woman and that he told her so.

But the question about his marriage remains. Everyone could marry and then later regret their decision. That's OK. What is weird is that he didn't get divorce. According Jesse, Jay is great when it comes to work, but he is not good in his personal life and dealing with this.

At least he admitted that he has to sort out the things before being with Erin and expecting something from her. That's true. She deserves better. I assume it's not just about the marriage, but his whole military past that he didn't want to deal with. At least I hope that they will delve at least a little bit in this.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Apparently yes. I still haven't watched the episode, but it seems that they were both in the military and probably met there. I am glad at least that he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to be with that woman and that he told her so.

But the question about his marriage remains. Everyone could marry and then later regret their decision. That's OK. What is weird is that he didn't get divorce. According Jesse, Jay is great when it comes to work, but he is not good in his personal life and dealing with this.

At least he admitted that he has to sort out the things before being with Erin and expecting something from her. That's true. She deserves better. I assume it's not just about the marriage, but his whole military past that he didn't want to deal with. At least I hope that they will delve at least a little bit in this.
Interesting. When did Erin find out he was married? How will she react to this? I'd imagine most women would be pretty pissed to find out their boyfriend is married and never told them. LOL There has to be more to the story.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The 100

What a tremendous episode. This series is so damn good. The quality is still off the charts and we are four seasons in. Reminds me of... Everwood.

Anyway, I'm at work this morning so specific thoughts on the episode when I get a chance in the next hour or two.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The 100: Gimme Shelter 4.7

The heart of the Ark storyline in this one is Bellamy and Kane. You can clearly see Bellamy hurt from his past actions, and as usual, he's worried about his sister. The nice twist was seeing Bellamy pushing Kane away. I love how this show never forgets. The writing ties into every season during every moment of the series. When Kane said, "your mother would've been proud of the man you've become," Bellamy had a great point, and Bob Morley delivered it perfectly: "you floated my mother." I liked this. It shows such great continuity. Yes, Kane WAS a prick back in the day. He was the clear antagonist up in space on the Ark, floating people for breathing sometimes. Bellamy will never forget this, especially while he feels pain over the lack of closeness with his sister, Octavia, at the moment. So yes, Kane deserved it. You bring up his mother, Bellamy's going to remember.

There's no way Bellamy is giving up on his sister, and their relationship but when he said you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved... I do wonder if he's going to back off now. Octavia has only really wanted a brother in a balanced way, not a brother who constantly has to save her. This had to take place on the Ark given their heartbreaking circumstances, but not anymore. So I think this sibling relationship will evolve and eventually heal and get better. I am rooting for them.

I think Octavia is definitely on the road to recovery too. I was a tad shocked she slept with Ilian this quickly but relieved when she left her assassin blades behind in that cave and opted to go with him back to the family farm. I think she is truly starting to heal from losing Lincoln. Of course, it won't be easy and she has that warrior mindset, always, but if we get to stop seeing her carrying heads around I'm good to go.

The pairing does make sense, they both lost family (Lincoln definitely IS family for O) and are bonding over the pain. I am looking forward to their exploration.

I knew Emori was playing a game! All about bone marrow it seems. The admiration in Murphy's eyes was slightly scary, to be honest. I want to know more about Emori. There's more to her story. She is in survivor mode for a reason.

I like where Clarke's head was regarding this situation. With the information she had at the time, she made a bad situation much, much, better. Abby is going dirty though... not since her husband was killed (and she played a large role sadly) have we seen her in such a predicament. Even Roan looked uncomfortable.

I am feeling season 2 so much with this storyline. Big time. Again, tie-ins, everything is connected. That is why this series is so damn good.

Other stuff:

I missed Luna. I love Luna.

"You can cook? You can read?"

I don't know how Octavia always finds her horse but I'm so glad.

"Go home, Ilian. You feel the way you're supposed to feel after you take a life. I feel nothing."

"Just make me feel something else."

No Raven and since she's my favorite, it sucks. But then again, since she's being tortured (every season, EVERY season she receives hell on earth) I'm glad she's at least comfortably resting in this one.

The great thing? No annoying as frick, Jasper.

I can't wait to see what's next.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-23-2017 at 05:29 AM
Old 03-23-2017, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Interesting. When did Erin find out he was married? How will she react to this? I'd imagine most women would be pretty pissed to find out their boyfriend is married and never told them. LOL There has to be more to the story.
I have to check the full episode. Now I don't know how Erin found out. Given the second scene in that clip she knows and she is obviously not super super super super pissed because she tells him that they don't need to break up and that she could handle his past. So I assume that while she was initially upset she accepts his skeletons just like he accepted her pasts and problems.

This is why this couple is different. This is their second break up and it's not about someone not loving someone. He actually tells her that he loves her, but has to sort out things. Just like she did previously by resigning from the department to grieve.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She found out because Jay told her. The woman had been texting him for a while, then she met him at the station. During that conversation Jay discovered that while he had signed their divorce papers, she had not. She told him that she was getting married and needed him to sign new papers and made plans to meet up with him later at a bar. A little while after this, Lindsay confronted him because she'd seen the texts, and he told her about the woman and that she was still married to him. They were interrupted by the case, and after that was finished, Jay went to the bar to meet his wife, and she told him that she had lied about the other man and intimated that she wanted to work things out, and he told her that he did not. After that is when the breakup happened.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
She found out because Jay told her. The woman had been texting him for a while, then she met him at the station. During that conversation Jay discovered that while he had signed their divorce papers, she had not. She told him that she was getting married and needed him to sign new papers and made plans to meet up with him later at a bar. A little while after this, Lindsay confronted him because she'd seen the texts, and he told her about the woman and that she was still married to him. They were interrupted by the case, and after that was finished, Jay went to the bar to meet his wife, and she told him that she had lied about the other man and intimated that she wanted to work things out, and he told her that he did not. After that is when the breakup happened.
Ah that's actually better than what I imagined . I thought that he lied to her about still being married. It seems he thought that he is no longer married.

Btw in a tweet Sophia claims that she did not read the messages, she only saw that he had exchanged messages with some woman.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Thanks for the explanation!

Was it revealed when they got married? Did Lindsay know already that he was once married but assumed they were divorced like Jay thought?
Old 03-23-2017, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm not sure?

You should just watch the crossover episode to fill in the blanks. LOL You'd love all the singing, I guarantee it. Jeremy Jordan as Winn was phenomenal. Everyone in the crossover singing has major musical theater talent. Such great stuff!

Yeah...but the thing is...you record Supergirl...you watch and it concludes with a dilemma that will be continued on The Flash and you didn't record The Flash. THen major things happen during the crossover? I don't think that's right.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah...but the thing is...you record Supergirl...you watch and it concludes with a dilemma that will be continued on The Flash and you didn't record The Flash. THen major things happen during the crossover? I don't think that's right.
It's not right! It's complete manipulation.

What you just said IS a major problem when there's those four series, four night crossovers, that's when I really get pissed. That's too much and absolutely insane.

I'm okay with Supergirl and The Flash though because we've seen Barry/Kara interact on Supergirl before and I have a feeling in the next Supergirl episode they will nicely sum up what happened on The Flash either in the "previously" bit or very quickly at the beginning of the episode.

Honestly, the main thing you missed is that Kara and Mon-El reunited romantically, she forgave him for not telling her he's the prince and they reunited.

When you break it down, that's honestly all you missed.

But I hear you... it's major manipulation when they do these crossovers, especially those four parters with different showrunners, too. It's lame and flat out manipulation, indeed.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Looking forward to your thoughts on last night's The 100, btw!

I can't wait for the next one!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's the problem with crossovers . I watch only Chicago PD (no Chicago Fire, Chicago Med or Chicago Justice) and I have to pay close attention and check crossovers so that I could decide if I need to watch any other episode aside Chicago PD.

For example Jay's father will appear in Chicago Med in an episode next month and even though it's not a crossover I have to watch this episode because Jesse will be in the episode and there will be some back story on Jay that I want to know and it won't even be in Chicago PD which is the only show that I watch actually.

In a way I wish they didn't do this. They kind of obligate you to watch the other shows so that you can get the full story.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I
Honestly, the main thing you missed is that Kara and Mon-El reunited romantically, she forgave him for not telling her he's the prince and they reunited.

When you break it down, that's honestly all you missed.
But...that's major! It's like having The ferris wheel scene during a crossover with OTH.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread