Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
The woman she slept with was the same one she slept with in the past when she was in hiding and she helped protect her.
She looked like a different woman to me. I am easily confused. Okay...that explains it.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Apparently Melissa and Chris are together in real life romantically. Now I know why Melissa loves Kara and Mon-El so much, lol.

Supergirl 2.16: Star-Crossed

It sucks that we know more of Mon-El's backstory than we do Winn and James. That's just not right. Look, I don't hate Mon-El like a large amount of people do. I even think Melissa and Chris have great chemistry. I just want Mon-El to slide back to supporting character. It's just too much, all the time. Chris Wood is charming and Mon-El's redemption arc is convincing mainly due to Chris, but Mon-El has somehow become a main character in a show about Supergirl and that part bugs me. Even when it's Kara's POV, somehow Mon-El still is the star. I need more J'onn, Winn and James. Mon-El sometimes rules over Kara in the pecking order. He shouldn't even rule over J'onn, Winn and James, let alone Kara and Alex, for that matter.

Anyway, I find it intriguing that they didn't have Kara forgive Mon-El. She basically proved Queen Rhea right acting just like a Kryptonian would. I guess there's a slight possibility Kara only went there for Mon-El to go back and build a better planet, with his people. I am not sure. But if it wasn't FOR Mon-El, then she basically did act all Kryptonian and I kind of like that this makes Kara a little flawed too. It doesn't mean she should have rolled over and forgiven Mon-El immediately either. He lied about something huge. She deserves to be pissed. I do wonder if he was ever going to tell her. I am not so sure he would have. I do think she did the right thing breaking things off (even though we know it won't last and most probably was all about setting up the musical storyline) because she really does need to think about things. However, her mocking him for being a prince was a bit eye opening. I know she understands how horrible his family is, she knows the stories but it seems she did immediately "hate" him because he was the prince.

Kara is my true hero, but I do find it intriguing that she's so hateful of Daxamites and truly did turn on Mon-El (just like his mother said she would) without giving him a chance to explain. I honestly like that she's flawed and not perfect, though, so I'm cool with her reaction.

Like I said, I know they will reunite, but please, TPTB, reduce Mon-El's role some. PLEASE. The other characters need more time on the screen with Kara too. I loved the Kara/Winn scenes. I love when Winn called her "buddy" tonight. I smiled remembering how they were once best friends. Please, more of this best friendship. I loved seeing James a part of the group, fighting, really doing a good job as The Guardian. Realistically, he's not winning every battle and needed help from the DEO in this one, but he did a nice job. I loved that he was on the screen more than two seconds, working with the DEO, specifically, forming a group with Alex and Winn. It was great to see. I loved the little hand touches with Kara. They are still friends, hello, thanks for reminding us of this show. Need more of that.

I do think they have to reevaluate Mon-El's role on the show because it shows that when he's away, the screen time between Kara and others becomes loads better. Kara actually shared a scene or two with Winn! The trio of Kara, James, and Winn was showcased for a second too. This would never happen with Mon-El directly around. If TPTB are going to insist on keeping Kara and Mon-El together then they need to reduce Mon-El some so Kara can have moments with her sister, J'onn, Winn and James.

I was disappointed in the Lyra storyline. OF course you went there with Winn/Lyra. I liked those two, but Winn cannot be happy without heartbreak or snags so here we go again. I get why she had to try and help her brother and I'm glad Winn knows she truly does like him. Still, it sucked seeing Winn used and then forgiving her so easily. I don't know what will happen between them now but something tells me it will end badly. I don't think TPTB can let Winn be happy in this area of his life for very long, sadly.

Loved the Alex/Maggie scene at the beginning with them cuddling together watching TV. I LOVE them. I liked Maggie's scenes with Winn too. Maggie is a tremendous addition to the show.

Who specifically is the Music Meister in this incarnation? Alien or Meta?

Winn: I should meet this Cisco guy one day. We would be total BFFs.

Crossover here we come.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-20-2017 at 08:53 PM
Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

The thing of it is, Kara has made no bones about her utter disgust for Daxam and all things Daxamite, so I can see why Mon-El would be reluctant to tell her that he was one step down from being the ultimate authority in Daxam. And really, he almost seems justified in not telling her based on her reaction. It really seemed like she was more upset that he was Prince than she was that he lied. I found myself wholeheartedly agreeing with Mon-El's mother: Kara does think that she's better than him...better than all Daxamites really, and while it's intriguing that they'd have such a major character flaw in the hero of the show, it still makes me uneasy that they basically have Kara prejudiced against someone on the show simply because of their 'race.'
Old 03-21-2017, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It really did seem like she was more upset with the fact that he was a prince over not telling her the truth. It's like she was mocking him and she really did confirm what his mother was saying. That said, I can see why she takes issue with his people. I can't believe in the flashback how he just left that woman he was sleeping with to die. That was horrible. So I can see why Kara is upset over the fact that he was basically the ruler of a very dysfunctional group that did not seem to have genuine hearts. Obviously the story is not over so I'm sure we'll uncover many more layers to the story when it comes to Mon-El ruling over these people, Kara's people as well, and Kara as a whole.

I actually think Kara's biggest flaw is how she's so unforgiving and unbending when it comes to romantic relationships. LOL

Wouldn't give Winn the time of day even though that is understandable because she just wasn't feeling it. However with Adam, she liked him but pushed him way because she didn't want the complication. Even Cat wasn't too happy about that. With James, she pined and wanted to be with him for one year but then suddenly put him in the friend zone like the year before never happened. With Mon-El she's pretty wishy washy... wants him, doesn't want him, says it's over, goes back, says it's over again, lol. She's pretty extreme and dramatic when it comes to this area of her life in general.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Netflix Documentaries

I'm ADDICTED. Since I work from home quite often I'm always turning on the TV for background noise. The Netflix documentaries are the best. I especially like the ones on the ocean, sharks, orcas, dolphins, or bears, etc. They are superb. Initially when I purchased Netflix I was disappointed in the movies. Even the TV series sometimes the best ones aren't even available or they come and go and come and go. But the documentaries are incredible. The docs alone are worth that tiny monthly amount I pay.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-21-2017 at 08:20 PM
Old 03-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Supergirl/The Flash Musical

Melissa Benoit's voice is beautiful. She sings Moon River gorgeously...
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Barry Proposal

Okay I'm crying and have goosebumps. I've never seen anything so beautiful on TV before. That was everything.

Back when I can think straight.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, watch this:

I'm so numb (in a good way, it's like I'm out of my body floating on clouds lol) over this proposal.

You'd have to see the entire musical episode to know how it came to this too...

But seriously, tears and goosebumps!

This is seriously the best proposal I've EVER seen on the screen... he sings to her!!!!!!!!!!!! The lighting, watch the lighting, it's like they are in another world together!

I am gone...

I LOVE this pairing so much... look at the lighting, how EPIC, their comic canon is SHINING on the TV show... it shows how spiritual they are, it's everything. I am gone.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-22-2017 at 03:17 AM
Old 03-22-2017, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Love this Flash/Supergirl Crossover review:

Quote:
The Flash
Season 3 Episode 17: “Duet”
Directed by Dermott Downs
Written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing
Starring Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanagh, Keiynan Lonsdale, Tom Felton, Violett Beane
Created by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, Geoff Johns
The CW
Air Date: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017, 8:00pm

Last night on Supergirl, a musical was briefly mentioned as a suggestion for a movie from Mon-El to Kara (Chris Woods, Melissa Benoist). Then… at the end of the episode, an alien was brought in who spoke to Kara, “I’ve been looking for you.” He breaks out of his cuffs and whammies her with his eyes. She passes out and opens her eyes to a dream state where she is all dolled up and pushed onstage to sing.

Spoilers for The Flash musical below.

The Flash 3.17 “Duet” review: The episode opens to Barry (Grant Gustin) and his mom watching Singin’ In The Rain. Flash forward (haha) and Barry is moping to musicals. Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is trying to cheer him up, but no dice. They are called to S.T.A.R. Labs because a breach has opened. Mon-El, J’onn (David Harewood), and an unconscious Kara come through. It’s a bit awkward though, with all the breakups.

The Music Meister (Darren Criss) has come for Barry and Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) too. He wants to teach them all a lesson. He does the weird eye thing to Barry and Barry passes out as well.

When Barry shows up to the dream world, she is singing “Moon River.” So pretty! Barry and Kara are the only real people there. The Meister shows up as a hologram to give them the rules. All you have to do is follow the script, but if “you die in here, you die out there.” We find out that Kara’s thing is The Wizard of Oz, and she quotes it often in this episode.

And in one of the greatest things I have ever seen on television, “Put A Little Love In Your Heart” is sung by the characters within the characters of Winn (Jeremy Jordan), Cisco, Merlyn (John Barrowman), and the Music Meister (meta). I was looking around for the blue blazers of the Dalton Academy Warblers, because those synchronized dance moves were on point. I already knew Blaine… I mean… Darren Criss had a magical voice. He was one of my Glee faves. I have heard Barrowman sing live at conventions, and have watched a Carlos Valdes music video (what? I’m a fan). But I had only read that Jeremy Jordan was a singer, and that voice… that voice is like butter. Excuse me while I go binge Jeremy Jordan on YouTube. Wait! I’m in the middle of a review.

Barry and Kara give a summary. “We’re singers and we work for a gangster.” The gangster is Merlyn. Barry gets hit on the head by Stein (not Stein), a gangster from a rival gang. When they wake up, they talk about their dismal love lives. Joe (not Joe) comes walking in, and wants them to find his daughter. They agree to move the plot along. Cisco (not Cisco) shows them to a room. They kick the door in and Mon-El and Iris (Candice Patton) are kissing each other, to Kara’s utter nausea. The pair convinces the other pair to fight for their love (blech). They quickly agree. That was easy.

In the real world, The Meister is stealing their powers, and robbing a bank. Wally, Cisco, and Martian Manhunter go to stop him. He challenges Wally and they chase each other. But the 3 quickly subdue him and put him in a cell.

Back in the dream, Barry finds out that Stein and Joe (Victor Garber, Jesse L. Martin) are a couple – “You got a problem with that?”

Barry: “I love musicals.” Haha!

Barry defends Iris’s love for Mon-El. “When you find a love like that, you gotta hold onto it.” The dads agree.

Kara defends Mon-El’s love for Iris. His dad seems to agree.

Barry and I had the same reaction when Joe West started singing – we both immediately sat down with our mouths open. The other 2 dads joined in for a lovely song, with great harmonies.

Grant Gustin is not usually the comic relief of the show (that usually falls to Cisco and HR), but he was the funniest one tonight, even getting up and clapping at the end of the 3-Dad song. The song didn’t really fix anything. When all the kids leave, the dads declare war.

The Meister tells Mon-El and Iris that they have the power to save them, but have to figure it out for themselves.

The trapped superheroes do a tap dancing duet – “I’m Your Superfriend.” The lyrics are adorable, the speaking parts in between the singing are adorable, and their dance moves are adorable. I believe they are Superfriends. After the song and dance, they hear shooting outside. The war has begun. They both get shot and are dying. Cisco vibes Iris and Mon-El into the dream world and thy save their loves with a kiss (2 kisses). The Magic Meister walks in, uncaged.

Meister: “I saw 2 people with 2 broken hearts. Love is about letting yourself be saved” He wasn’t a villain. That’s so refreshing! I did not see that coming at all.

Back in the real world, Barry serenades Iris and they slow dance to “Runnin’ Home To You.” He then proposes again. She is extra happy and surprised and says yes… again.

Yay! Every show needs a good musical episode and The Flash (and Supergirl) finally got theirs. It was so good, including the dancing. My only criticism is that there should be a musical every other episode, but I know that’s not fair. But please do another one! I know Chyler Leigh can sing (she did the Grey’s Anatomy musical), and I need to hear Jordan, Martin, Gustin, and Valdes sing more. The door is open for Criss to return!

I’m buying the soundtrack.
I'm buying the soundtrack, too!

To add:

- I have never seen a better proposal for marriage on my screen, EVER, than what I witnessed between Barry/Iris. Everything. Absolutely everything.

- Jeremy Jordan has a voice I know exists in Heaven.

- The chemistry between Grant and Melissa as Barry/Kara still shines.

- I loved every song, every moment, I loved the connection to Barry's childhood with his mom, and Kara's with her adopted parents.

- I love everything Barry/Iris. Superb!

- Kara/Mon-El even grew on me a tad in this one. Granted, their story doesn't hold up even slightly to Barry/Iris (Kara/Mon-El are not close to Barry/Iris, they are not as deep or emotionally connected) but the parallel was noted.

- Loved HR helping Wally through his issues.

- JJ and CV need to sing more... and more and more.

- Superfriends song was adorable. You see the chemistry between Gustin and Benoist beautifully. Still wondering how Barry knows Superman though, lol.

- Music Meister was cool.

- Caitlin's reaction to the Martian was awesome.

- Did I mentioned that Barry sings to Iris? Barry sang to Iris!!!!!!!!!!!!! His real proposal seriously has me still with tears when I watch and I've watched tons of times already. Wow, WestAllen for the absolute win!

Last edited by jediwands; 03-22-2017 at 03:48 AM
Old 03-22-2017, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Adorable!!!!!

Melissa sounds amazing:

Old 03-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am not sure if I want to watch this episode cause I am not really a musical fan. I actually hated Moulin Rouge with a passion. LOL Iknow I am weird.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't like the Super Friends song all that much. I did like the song Barry sang when he proposed, and I really liked their rendition of Put a Little Love in Your Heart. I personally thought Winn sounded the best out of any of them...at least until Barry busted out the pipes and blew Iris away at the end.

I liked parts of Moulin Rouge, but not the movie as a whole. I'm not the biggest fan of musicals either.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Betty, watch this:

I'm so numb (in a good way, it's like I'm out of my body floating on clouds lol) over this proposal.

You'd have to see the entire musical episode to know how it came to this too...

But seriously, tears and goosebumps!

This is seriously the best proposal I've EVER seen on the screen... he sings to her!!!!!!!!!!!! The lighting, watch the lighting, it's like they are in another world together!

I am gone...

I LOVE this pairing so much... look at the lighting, how EPIC, their comic canon is SHINING on the TV show... it shows how spiritual they are, it's everything. I am gone.

Absolutely beautiful, Michelle!! This scene certainly gives LA LA LAND a run for it's money! This couple seems to be a perfect pairing. Barry really is Adorable!
Old 03-22-2017, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I didn't like the Super Friends song all that much. I did like the song Barry sang when he proposed, and I really liked their rendition of Put a Little Love in Your Heart. I personally thought Winn sounded the best out of any of them...at least until Barry busted out the pipes and blew Iris away at the end.

I liked parts of Moulin Rouge, but not the movie as a whole. I'm not the biggest fan of musicals either.
wait jeremy sung? I love his voice. I actually saw him on broadway. My friend drug me to see it and was so shocked that I didn't fall asleep.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
wait jeremy sung? I love his voice. I actually saw him on broadway. My friend drug me to see it and was so shocked that I didn't fall asleep.