Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

So I finally watched the last episode of the Flash and I really liked it till the very end? The hell? What was that and there was like 0 lead up to it? It just felt like a break up just to have angst.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
So I finally watched the last episode of the Flash and I really liked it till the very end? The hell? What was that and there was like 0 lead up to it? It just felt like a break up just to have angst.
It was ridiculous but my theory is for the crossover musical they wanted both Barry and Kara to have romantic angst with their significant others. At Paley Fest from what little I've read, WestAllen was talked about in an epic way. Things will be fine. Barry was broken when he was in the Speed Force. He literally acted like he didn't care if he stayed there forever. He didn't even care if he died. So I understand why he needs to think even if he's now convinced he will take down the villain before he has a chance to kill Iris. That said, the space thing is ridiculous but I don't think it's going to remain for much longer. I believe the musical will rectify it. It seems like in the musical Iris and Mon-El are together romantically in this fantasy, dream-state that Barry and Kara have to witness.

Either way, I love how WestAllen was highlighted this weekend. Producers and writers adore the pairing. The show has not screwed up the comic history which is everything and certainly not something they can say about Arrow. That is why the writers and producers embrace the pairing. They know they haven't failed on the show and I believe they will do everything in their power to keep it that way.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Well, my online friend Thuy came through for me at Emerald City Comic Con and picked up this.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^ That's awesome!!!!!

Supernatural

Does anyone watch this show? Good? Bad?

I have always considered giving it a go. It's on Netflix and I almost pressed play the other day. I can't believe how long it has lasted! Is there an ending point in sight? I wanted to get opinions on the show before giving it a go because the series is long. The premise/content intrigues me of course.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

The first 4 or so seasons were really good, then it lost momentum and started to spin it's wheels some. I haven't watched anything from season 6 on, so it might've gotten better.

I will say, don't get too attached to any female character. They are usually not long for the show.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
The first 4 or so seasons were really good, then it lost momentum and started to spin it's wheels some. I haven't watched anything from season 6 on, so it might've gotten better.

I will say, don't get too attached to any female character. They are usually not long for the show.
Oh really? Do the brothers have any romantic relationships throughout the series?
Old 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Oh really? Do the brothers have any romantic relationships throughout the series?
Not long-term ones.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Not long-term ones.
Hmm, I'm not sure I'd like the series overall. I mean, I watch The 100 obviously which is anything but a romantic series. That said, I am drawn to the power of women on that show. I am not sure I'd be able to handle a series without a good balance of both female and male characters. I think I'm better off staying on course and watching Fringe before anything else. I want it back on Netflix!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hmm, I'm not sure I'd like the series overall. I mean, I watch The 100 obviously which is anything but a romantic series. That said, I am drawn to the power of women on that show. I am not sure I'd be able to handle a series without a good balance of both female and male characters. I think I'm better off staying on course and watching Fringe before anything else. I want it back on Netflix!
I agree. You should definitely watch Fringe first if you can find a way.

Supernatural is definitely a testosterone soaked show, and it has always been hampered with accusations of misogyny because of how often the females on the show meet violent ends. The first few seasons are worth watching despite that, mainly because Jared and Jensen are so likable and obviously having fun in the roles.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree. You should definitely watch Fringe first if you can find a way.

Supernatural is definitely a testosterone soaked show, and it has always been hampered with accusations of misogyny because of how often the females on the show meet violent ends. The first few seasons are worth watching despite that, mainly because Jared and Jensen are so likable and obviously having fun in the roles.
I have to figure out where I can watch Fringe. Maybe I'm better off buying the season 1 DVD and if I like the show, buying the rest. I wonder how much Amazon has it for...

Checking... 16 bucks. That's not too bad. Hmm. I also have a 5 dollar coupon credited to my account so technically it'd be only 11 bucks. I spend that at Starbucks in 2/3 days.

I'm thinking Supernatural is not for me, lol. Based on what you're telling me along with my gut feeling too. Plus, there's just so many seasons. I don't even know how the series will end either.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Supernatural is also quite violent/bloody, if that figures into your thought process at all.

If there was a way for me to let you borrow my blu-rays, I would.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Supernatural is also quite violent/bloody, if that figures into your thought process at all.

If there was a way for me to let you borrow my blu-rays, I would.
The 100 is violent/bloody but the story is so good I can tolerate it or just turn away when it's really bad.

Awe, that's nice to say.

I just ordered season 1 on Amazon.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The 100 is violent/bloody but the story is so good I can tolerate it or just turn away when it's really bad.

Awe, that's nice to say.

I just ordered season 1 on Amazon.
Did you enjoy the last episode of The 100, Michelle? It's becoming a little too much for me...not only the violent/bloody part...but the plot and roadblocks. And Octavia...ugh...get rid of her when you get rid of Jasper.
And Raven....how much more can her body tolerate?
And Clarke....does she sleep with every woman that comes into her compound?
I am really loving Murphy, though.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Did you enjoy the last episode of The 100, Michelle? It's becoming a little too much for me...not only the violent/bloody part...but the plot and roadblocks. And Octavia...ugh...get rid of her when you get rid of Jasper.
And Raven....how much more can her body tolerate?
And Clarke....does she sleep with every woman that comes into her compound?
I am really loving Murphy, though.
The woman she slept with was the same one she slept with in the past when she was in hiding and she helped protect her.

Yes I'm loving the show still...

Here's my thoughts:
http://www.fanforum.com/89512943-post3.html
Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Niylah | The 100 Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

That's the woman Clarke has slept with twice...

So basically Clarke had a relationship with Finn, then Lexa, romantic moments with Niylah.

Murphy and Bellamy have definitely had more action than Clarke. Bellamy was having threesomes like crazy in season 1 alone. In one sexual encounter he had more sex with more partners than Clarke has had in four seasons.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-20-2017 at 06:17 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread