Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
nope. don't like it.
You and me, both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I would have definitely started The Middle if it was on Netflix. I was looking for a new show to watch there since I finished Gilmore Girls, House of Cards and Blue Bloods. So...I started Parenthood. which was also highly recommended.
Parenthood is apparently a really good choice but people are missing out not watching The Middle. I cannot state this enough... especially if you are an Everwood fan and appreciate high quality. It has an Everwood flavor you can instantly grab onto. I don't care if I sound like an annoying person announcing this with a mike in front of me... lol The show's that good and worth the watch!

The Middle is also on endless networks in rerunland so you can watch it on TV. What I did was I got the episode list and then saw what the networks were current airing and then I went in order like that. You can start from where they are airing the current episodes and circle around.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

The Middle is also on endless networks in rerunland so you can watch it on TV. What I did was I got the episode list and then saw what the networks were current airing and then I went in order like that. You can start from where they are airing the current episodes and circle around.
I will definitely do that. What time/network and day airs this show?
Old 04-19-2015, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I will definitely do that. What time/network and day airs this show?
Syndication: ABC Family, Hallmark, KSTCD.

All three networks air the show... and in bunches, like 3-5 episodes during a time block. I am not sure of the exact times but if you search the networks you'll see or even do a series recording on one or all and they'll just arrive in your inbox.

I know you can watch the show on you tube but you have to pay for it.

Another option is doing the free one month at Hula Plus, they have all the episodes!

Watch The Middle Online - at Hulu

You sign up for one month then say no thanks. You can use them long enough to watch. LOL

Of course there's other ways to watch too online. If you decide to watch and need help, let me know!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Parenthood is amazing Betty, I hope you enjoy it. Their family reminded me so much of my own in many ways. It's just a good family oriented TV show that you don't see on TV much anymore. Great quality as well.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Good article: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years · TV Club 10 · The A.V. Club
Old 04-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am definitely going to search all over and watch this show, Michelle. You sold me!!

Quote:
Parenthood is amazing Betty, I hope you enjoy it. Their family reminded me so much of my own in many ways. It's just a good family oriented TV show that you don't see on TV much anymore. Great quality as well.
My daughter recommended this show to me...considers it one of the best shows she's ever seen. I really enjoyed the pilot and will definitely keep going.

Shelby
...way back I mentioned Hart of Dixie. Did you continue to watch and what do you think of the finale. Is that the end of the series?
Old 04-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Harry Potter

I know this might be better off on the book thread but I'm putting it here for more people to see.

I recently put up my all time Harry Potter quote in my signature and apparently Rowling recently stated that it was her favorite quote of all time as well. I guess I have good taste.

Anyway, I just read this and had tears... I do believe the Harry Potter series has, indeed, saved many people from their lives in one way or another... apparently for this person it truly did save them:

Quote:
Every time I think of Harry Potter, I cry...

…because Hogwarts is home for me, even if it is only inside my head. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

When I read Harry Potter I feel like I am home again. I feel like a missing piece of me has been replaced. Those books were my friends when I had none and I would spend hours reading them at night when I couldn’t sleep and I didn’t want to be part of this world anymore. Reading Harry Potter kept me from taking my own life, and knowing that I would be accepted at Hogwarts, for who I am, and who I may choose to love, it just reaffirms what I’ve known all along. Hogwarts may only be a place in our heads and hearts, but the magical world of Harry Potter extends into our lives. It lifts us up, and saves us from ourselves. J.K. Rowling is my hero.
Awe to that person and he/she is so right! Rowling does take you to the Harry Potter Universe when you read her books and that's why they are a true classic. I will be rereading the series over and over again for the rest of my life because I, too, love escaping to the Harry Potter Universe. Maybe when I arrive there next time I can meet up with this person and we could play Quidditch or something. Ginny Weasley could teach us how to play.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

Ex Machina

So yesterday we decided with friends to go the movies watching this movie:

It was definitely interesting for me. It brings some really meaningful questions. I don't want to spoil you if you want to see it, but the movie shows very well the difference between people and machines. And why AI (artificial intelligence) is still not a person. Definitely makes you think about stuff.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Shelby...way back I mentioned Hart of Dixie. Did you continue to watch and what do you think of the finale. Is that the end of the series?
Yes I watched through the end, did you? The last season was nice to see all the couples finally get together but it seemed so rushed it was hard to really enjoy. I will definitely miss the show though, it had a quirky humor I will miss.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Yes I watched through the end, did you? The last season was nice to see all the couples finally get together but it seemed so rushed it was hard to really enjoy. I will definitely miss the show though, it had a quirky humor I will miss.
Yes...I watched till the end and it was definitely rushed which makes me believe that the show is done.
It was a cute/quirky show, but there's not much more it can offer.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

http://www.eonline.com/news/647836/z...ook-na-eonline

^^^Well that didn't last long. Zach Levi of Chuck and Miss Peregrym of Rookie Blue to divorce less than a year after marriage.

Quote:
Yes...I watched till the end and it was definitely rushed which makes me believe that the show is done.
It was a cute/quirky show, but there's not much more it can offer.
Oh the show is definitely over, they knew going in these final 10 episodes were it. It hasn't been officially canceled but the general consensus since last season was this was the end, hints all the crazy changes this season that happened out of the blue....hello George and AnaBeth

Last edited by cowgirl08; 04-20-2015 at 11:31 AM
Old 04-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Every time I think of Harry Potter, I cry...

…because Hogwarts is home for me, even if it is only inside my head. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

When I read Harry Potter I feel like I am home again. I feel like a missing piece of me has been replaced. Those books were my friends when I had none and I would spend hours reading them at night when I couldn’t sleep and I didn’t want to be part of this world anymore. Reading Harry Potter kept me from taking my own life, and knowing that I would be accepted at Hogwarts, for who I am, and who I may choose to love, it just reaffirms what I’ve known all along. Hogwarts may only be a place in our heads and hearts, but the magical world of Harry Potter extends into our lives. It lifts us up, and saves us from ourselves. J.K. Rowling is my hero.

Michelle....I missed this! How moving that this book series reached this person and saved him...truly beautiful. I really wish I enjoyed fantasy genre and had gotten into Harry Potter. I am sure that I have missed a lot.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Michelle....I missed this! How moving that this book series reached this person and saved him...truly beautiful. I really wish I enjoyed fantasy genre and had gotten into Harry Potter. I am sure that I have missed a lot.
Thanks for noticing. It doesn't shock me that you are the one that did.

Yes, this person was gay and battling his sexuality and wanted to take his own life because times were so dark for him. But after reading Harry Potter he was saved from his despair. Rowling took him to her Magical World and through her words and created universe, she makes it known that things like prejudice, racism, gay bashing, you name it, will not be tolerated. Everyone is accepted. Oh you see the ones that are not good people but always, always these people don't prevail. Goodnight, Light always makes it to the finish line every, single time. This book series saved this young man. He survived. I've heard other stories like this one, too. The series isn't just about a boy wizard, Rowling tackles many tough topics and handles them brilliantly with hope and happiness (defeating the odds) through her characters. It's really almost hard to explain... you are THERE in the Harry Potter Magical World and you feel safe, brave, and there is HOPE. Huge hope and it's priceless.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-20-2015 at 02:58 PM
Old 04-20-2015, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone here watch Secrets & Lies?
Old 04-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Anyone here watch Secrets & Lies?
I keep thinking about starting that......but have heard it may not get renewed? And didn't want to watch only to be left with some cliffhanger at seasons end.