Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Wonder Years: Season 4, Episode 16

It was not bad, Norma send Kevin and Jack to buy a suit, they didn't like spending time together, they lost their way, drove around, fought a little bit, had a nice moment. Not bad, not good, where the heck is Paul? Want some school episodes.

Party Down: Season 1, Episode 6

Hey, he! J.K. Simmons, was in one Everwood episode, 2nd season, the fortuneteller. Was nice to see this usually nice actor curse the bleep out of his scenes – he said the evil f-word at least 100 times. “We look like we’re in a gay secret service.” The party was a sweet sixteen party. The crew looked funny with the jackets and sunglasses on. Liked how Henry had to say his famous line: “Are we having fun yet?” Ron smoked some joints with this rapper. That was it and that was this episode, not so bad.

One Tree Hill: Season 7, Episode 21

They are back, not really, cos S7 has a lot of ups and downs, but I liked this episode. Okay, didn't care about Miranda/Grobbs and Chase/Mia (who the hell invited them) and found Clay vs. Fake-Sara annoying, but the rest was nice to watch. A tresurehunt from babysitter Quinn for Jamie was sooo cute and Brulian was nice to watch and Victoria I liked a lot this season, I'm sad she's leaving us. Poor Haley, still I feel she's overreacting, but the writers don't care about longtime storylines, they do whatever they want, so I have to take it, it's still a good storyline and one of the best of S7, just too much, but it had some nice moments and the dramatic cliffhanger with Haley jumping into the pool should not only bring us an interesting season finale, but put an end to the falling down of Haley - now everybody, all of her friends will try to help her, I'm sure that will happen. Finale on Sunday - I'm glad, I finally made the 7th season, the weakest season so far, some good storylines, but too much stuff I didn't like. Maybe I'll make season 8 this year, but I'm not sure, time will tell.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 07-08-2011 at 10:47 AM
Old 07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Party Down was a fun show. It wasn't necessarily laugh out loud funny all of the time but it was a good show. I read the other day that they may be making a movie.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Party Down was a fun show. It wasn't necessarily laugh out loud funny all of the time but it was a good show. I read the other day that they may be making a movie.
Jepp, that's why I started watching the show. No, it's not a LOL show, I don't know, maybe I don't get the point, it seems not to be my kind of humor. Rob Thomas (the VM creator, not the singer ^^) says that he is negotiating now and it's looking good and he maybe thinkgs next spring could be possible (tv production pause). But watch this 1 minute clip for yourself.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
Miranda/Grobbs and Chase/Mia
Miranda/Grubbs were fairly nauseating to me. They had no point what so ever and they just seemed irritating to watch.

Chase/Mia were cute in the beginning but that was Season 6. Then they bought the show back and they're still together. The cuteness for me wore off after about five seconds. What is it with giving music guest stars a character and a script? What happened to musicians coming on to a show to sing and not get involved in a storyline.

Quote:
Clay vs. Fake-Sara annoying
I found that storyline beyond irritating. Clay/Sara were written so beautifully and so incredibly that it was weird to see her not be there anymore. And even Quinn/Clay at their best still wasn't what Sara/Clay had. I just didn't get the storyline of bringing back the crazy version of her to mess things up? Clay/Quinn can mess things up on their own, they don't need a crazy tennis stalker who goes off her meds to interefere. Tree Hill already has it's own town murderer, they don't need anymore psychos.

Quote:
Poor Haley, still I feel she's overreacting
I have to disagree with you there Haley was everyone's rock, everyone's girl to go to for advice. Brooke, Peyton, probably even Rachel. And Haley always relied on her mom to be there. And Haley didn't know how to deal with pain. She couldn't bring herself to talk to Nathan about it, which I didn't really understand, but she just wanted a world to exist that would give Haley her mom back. And Haley created this world where Lydia did exist with the phone calls on the machine and whatever else she might've done. Lydia's death really rocked Haley and she just had no one she felt would understand what she was going through.

Quote:
Sunday - I'm glad, I finally made the 7th season, the weakest season so far, some good storylines, but too much stuff I didn't like. Maybe I'll make season 8 this year, but I'm not sure, time will tell.
Season 8 made the suckfest of Season 7 a lot better.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Finally caught all the way up on Parks & Recs yesterday. They left it on some good cliffhangers: will Ben and Leslie get fired? Will Leslie leave? What will Tom do? Who will play Tammy 1?

One thing that I really like is the use of the supporting characters like Jerry, Donna and Kyle. Poor Jerry and Kyle!

Wow, one more episode of FNL! It seems obvious and not obvious, at the same time, where everyone is going to end up. It will hurt when the show finally ends.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Wow, one more episode of FNL! It seems obvious and not obvious, at the same time, where everyone is going to end up. It will hurt when the show finally ends.
It's obvious to me about some of the characters...but I'm still not sure about Eric and Tami. I haven't read any of the accounts of how the series ended, so that I wouldn't be spoiled. I have no idea what The Taylors are going to decide to do. Eric is really pissing me off by not even discussing Tami's job offer with her. I am looking forward to seeing what will happen.

Seeing Matt show up at his Grandma's was a lovely sight.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 07-09-2011 at 11:24 AM
Old 07-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi! Nice to talk to somebody who understands my anger with Season 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
Miranda/Grubbs were fairly nauseating to me. They had no point what so ever and they just seemed irritating to watch.
Exactly! They had no point! That's the annoying thing. They get their own storyline, but I don't care! Why? If the rest of the storylines of this season had been better (not all were bad, but not many were good), I could ignore them, but since the quality is an up and down this season, I get angry about such a boring storyline.

Quote:
Chase/Mia were cute in the beginning but that was Season 6. Then they bought the show back and they're still together. The cuteness for me wore off after about five seconds. What is it with giving music guest stars a character and a script? What happened to musicians coming on to a show to sing and not get involved in a storyline.
I find that the Chase actor is not a better actor than me - and I've never acted in my life before! He's horrible, he makes James Lafferty look like an Oscar candidate. Mia is okay, but I'm not sure if I ever liked her, she was okay, sometimes nice, sometimes a bit annoying. I don't know why they did it, and as I wrote there were in this episode like 7 or so different storylines going on! That's too much and too many supporting characters, there was a lot done wrong in this season.

Quote:
I found that storyline beyond irritating. Clay/Sara were written so beautifully and so incredibly that it was weird to see her not be there anymore. And even Quinn/Clay at their best still wasn't what Sara/Clay had. I just didn't get the storyline of bringing back the crazy version of her to mess things up? Clay/Quinn can mess things up on their own, they don't need a crazy tennis stalker who goes off her meds to interefere. Tree Hill already has it's own town murderer, they don't need anymore psychos.
Let me watch the season finale tomorrow and then we'll see what the point was. It was a stupid, copy of the copy of the Tree Hill Psycho storyline, but it was a storyline, if the writers think they want to do it, they at least have to have th decency to bring it to an ending where I can say: Okay, it was bad, but at least the ending was okay. But if that was the ending I ask my self why I watched it in the first place? I really like the tragic Sara/Clay story. I don't know if I wrote it this time, but I wrote (writing full German reviews) like "are the writers planning to make Clay watch Sara die twice?" - refering to that Katie could die in the end. Anyway, for me it ruined the tragic story of Clay and his dead wife Sara! That's true! I still don't get it! It came out of nowhere, like one of the writers being drunk and whispering in Mark Schwahns ear: "Hey Mark, what if we do another psycho storyline, Clay and Quinn are new on the show, let's say his new client is a psycho copy of his dead wife Sara". Maybe they were thinking that Clay/Quinn was a too perfect relationship, because his wife dead and her mother died, so there was drama and they were there for each other, so no relationship fights for them. But I can go on like this forever and it doesn't make it better.

Quote:
I have to disagree with you there Haley was everyone's rock, everyone's girl to go to for advice. Brooke, Peyton, probably even Rachel. And Haley always relied on her mom to be there. And Haley didn't know how to deal with pain. She couldn't bring herself to talk to Nathan about it, which I didn't really understand, but she just wanted a world to exist that would give Haley her mom back. And Haley created this world where Lydia did exist with the phone calls on the machine and whatever else she might've done. Lydia's death really rocked Haley and she just had no one she felt would understand what she was going through.
Hehe, there's got to be a snag. It's not that I don't like the storyline, no it's really interesting but also sad of course to see Haley suffer that much. It's one of the few good storylines of season 7. But I feel it's a bit extreme how she reacts. As you say she can't even talk to Nathan. But I admit that it makes sense, if you lose a person that you really love, your perfect world could break down, Haley can't yet except that her mother is gone and that makes totally sense, she will come to the point when she realizes that her mother is gone and that her family needs her, but she seems to be in a state where she can only focus on one thing and that is her mother (sorry, I can't explain it better, limited English knowledge). You're right, though Haley is a great listener and advisor, she never really has experienced this pain (okay, her father died but for some unkknown reasons that was never a topic), and she was sooooo close to her mom - it is really a shock and if you remember she was the one that wouldn't believe that her mom is sick and tried to call another doctor and so on. Thank you very, very much for this remark, I am only a OTH watcher of course, I see the show my way, I know from reading other people's thoughts that sometimes I like an episode and others don't and backwards. You made great points for me to understand why it makes sense, not everything 100%, but you explained it really well! Okay, you're a OTH Moderator, you should know your show, but thanks again!

Quote:
Season 8 made the suckfest of Season 7 a lot better.
Let me tell you my OTH liking: S1-4 I really liked, S3 was only "good", couldn't keep up with S1-2 and 4. S5-6 were okay, not as bad as expected, but it was something missing, but they were almost on the S3 level, so around good in sum. S7 is definitely the worst season, too much solid episodes, some bad ones and too little really good episodes, there was always one or two stoylines I didn't like. Hope S8 is better again, but honestly I gave up hope, I'm finishing the show to end it. Originally I didn't plan to watch the last seasons, okay, I said I'd watch it someday, but when the season finale and seasion 9 was announced for next year, I thought to myself: Why not watch the last 2 seasons you haven't seen and try to watch the season 9 finale in 2012, there I could talk to people about the last season and since the writers know that the end is coming, they surely will write great storylines to end the show with a bang.

----------------

Party Down: Season 1, Episode 7

This episode was about Casey hanging out with a famour basketball player (I’m sure I’ve seen him somewhere before) and Roman didn’t like that and spied on them, Henry joined him later. Ron tried to build a better team with a team building meeting. Highlight: Casey throw a ball against Roman’s head. Maybe okay or maybe it was just boring. Don’t wanna descide. 3 to go. Lizzy Caplan could look much better with another hairdo and I think another outfit than the catering uniform would help her. And to make a kinda very funny remark to myself: “Are we having fun yet?” Answer: Not really, not really.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 07-09-2011 at 02:52 PM
Old 07-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
so is this the series finale? I've only been watching the last few episodes to see how it ends. It seems to be with the promo showing Mat proposing to Julie which melts my heart!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It's obvious to me about some of the characters...but I'm still not sure about Eric and Tami. I haven't read any of the accounts of how the series ended, so that I wouldn't be spoiled. I have no idea what The Taylors are going to decide to do. Eric is really pissing me off by not even discussing Tami's job offer with her. I am looking forward to seeing what will happen.

Seeing Matt show up at his Grandma's was a lovely sight.
I'm not sure on Eric and Tami either but I'm guessing he'll give his blessing, they'll head up north and Mac head coaches the Panthers with Billy and co. as assistants. Yeah, Eric's being a little un-Eric like now for sure.

That was great and so sad to see at the same time with her dementia getting worse.

Quote:
so is this the series finale? I've only been watching the last few episodes to see how it ends. It seems to be with the promo showing Mat proposing to Julie which melts my heart!
Yeah, next week is it. I can't believe it's going to be over for good!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it seems so short. did the last season only get like 12 episodes?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Party Down: Season 1, Episode 8

“Are we having fun yet?” Poor Henry had to quote the line for those dangerous men his crew was catering. Crazy episode with crazy people on a crazy party. I think Ron and Roman were the only people really working. Steven Weber played a creepy guy, don’t know if I liked him on B&S, but when I think about it I didn’t. Was not so bad this episode, crazy, but interesting at some points. “Wrong fad guy with glasses.”

Quote:
it seems so short. did the last season only get like 12 episodes?
It has also 13 eps like season 3-4.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm not sure on Eric and Tami either but I'm guessing he'll give his blessing, they'll head up north and Mac head coaches the Panthers with Billy and co. as assistants. Yeah, Eric's being a little un-Eric like now for sure.
That would be wonderful. The only thing is...Eric would have to get a coaching job up there.

Quote:
That was great and so sad to see at the same time with her dementia getting worse.
Yes, it was. At least she recognized him.

Now...it's obvious Tim and Tyra will end up together. Do you believe that Tim will actually go to Alaska? I want him settled with a good job and a potential future. It's really time for that...poor guy has been through hell.

Quote:
Yeah, next week is it. I can't believe it's going to be over for good!
I know. It will be a bittersweet episode.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

One Tree Hill: Season 7, Episode 22

A good finale of an average 7th season. The beginning was great, though it was obvious that Haley wouldn't drown in the pool, I really liked the scenes of her life with Nathan in combination with a Momford & Sons song - of course Nathan rescued her. Great idea for a finale to send the whole crew to Utah (Everwood ), where they had a lot of snow fun - which reminded me of Everwood, you surely remember the trip that Ephramy and Hannah/Bright took. Those scene were innocent, fun, pleasure and no drama at all. The premiere went well, Julian sold the movie, ask for Brooke's hand, Sophia Bush reacted in a great emotional way and Haley told Nathan that she's pregant - the question is why a pregnant woman would jump in the pool??? That was fine, of course there was some stuff I didn't like, f.e. Grubbs sideplot, okay, he and his band provided a part of the soundtrack for the other storyline, but I didn't care about him and who he loves. Then of course Mia send Chase a text message that she wants him back - just seconds after Chase told Alex that he wants to be with her. How stupid's that? At least as stupid as the short Mouth/Lauren/Skills triangle. Talking about stupid, really stupid, beyond stupid, the most stupid cliffhanger in the freaking history of tv-shows? The end! When I was thinking, I was thinking that the Psycho-Katie storyline was soo pointless, what sense did it make? Why did they write it and then this bitch comes though the window and shoots at Quinn and then at Clay - I can't find proper words to tell you have that made me feel - it's like hitting your head against the wall for an hour or something like that. So we get the psycho-story 3.2 in Season 8 - this one scenes makes me watch this season some weeks later than I had plannend.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That would be wonderful. The only thing is...Eric would have to get a coaching job up there.

Yes, it was. At least she recognized him.

Now...it's obvious Tim and Tyra will end up together. Do you believe that Tim will actually go to Alaska? I want him settled with a good job and a potential future. It's really time for that...poor guy has been through hell.

I know. It will be a bittersweet episode.
Maybe she'd fire the head coach so he could take over the job at the college! Nah, I'm hoping he'll find something!

That's true. I wonder if he's rushing it so that his grandmother can see them get married? I expect a great scene between he and Eric, at the very least. The last one in the long list of many great scenes between Matt and coach.

I'm thinking that he'll stay now. I think he may have really considered it before she came back but not now. Yeah, hopefully he gets a good ending.

I was like "Oh, wow!" when the preview came on and said series finale. It will, indeed!
Old 07-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wilfred: Season 1, Episode 3

Solid episode, nothing special, even not different than the 2 eps before, today it was all about Ryan vs. his neighbour Spencer, Wilfred told him to tell him the truth, Ryan didn't, they became friends and so on - you could guess how the episode would end, but there were some funny moments. It's okay, nice weekly summer tv show, the real funny ones are coming in Fall.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread