Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 02:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

How To Make It In America: Season 1, Episode 4

Not so good episode with some nice moments, but again I don't like Rachel and it was her birthday and yeah, boring. Ben and Cam didn't anything important, going to a party with David, who tried to hit on a model saying he's rich and danced strange and that was that.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

PLL

We haven't had a chance to watch the past episode yet. HOPEFULLY this weekend sometime it's happening. Well, for sure, before the next all new!

I haven't looked at comments (if any) but will post thoughts when I see the episode. I might not catch up on the thread as promised because I suck, I know. But I will come back with thoughts on the recent episode. I also have to finish up season 5 FNL, too!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Friday Night Lights: Season 3, Episode 12

That was a great episode, first we got smaller storylines about the future plans of the characters, Matt wants to go to Chicago to study art, but Loraine couldn't really understand it, in the end she did, I hope he goes, but then what will happen with him and Julie? Liked his frisbee scene with Tim in the park. Lyla moves back in with Buddy and she will go to St. Antonio with Tim, I hope that works out, Buddy couldn't of course say anything aginst that. I really liked the Landry Tyra scenes, he helped her writing her essay, and after some time thinking she came up with her change, Jason Street's accident changed her seeing her life as unfair, cos Jason's life was perfect but he almost lost everyhing, of course she was thankful to Tami, Landry and Julie, that was a really great moment when she read her essay. It was too hard to call CPS after one known incident of Joe hitting his son. It's not hard to understand why the McCoys reacted angry at the Taylors. Of course it was right of them to do something, but sending CPS over to look over their shoulder once in a while is maybe to hard. J.D. said there was nothing else before, not that he wouldn't say nothing to protect his future, but so far I think Joe only pushed his son too hard with words and not with violence. The game was well done, the usual fighting back from zero to hero thing, first half horrible, second half Rock 'N' Roll, but it was nice to watch, had my fun, in the end it was so close, but they lost, and I'm glad, cos we had that in s1 already that the Panthers won the state championship and letting them always win isn't gonna help their credibility. But as Eric told them after the game, they did a hell of a game and can be proud of themselves. Looking forward to season 3 finale tomorrow.

One Tree Hill: Season 7, Episode 17

Again good drama with Lydia James sickness, beautiful, dramatic and emotional scenes with Jamie, Haley and Nathan. That of course was the best storyline, the rest was only solid and boring or even stupid. Brooke and Julian, it could've been, but in the end she find's Alex in Julian's hotel room and that was just stupid and annoying, so much soap opera stuff. And I didn't almost not care about all the small storylines for the supporting actors like Millie, Mouth, Miranda, Grobbs, Owen and Skills ex-girlfriend. Not a good episode, close to average. And I'm not looking forward to this storyline of Clay, where he is meeting this woman that looks very much like his dead girlfriend Sarah. I accidentally read that this storyline will come up, I'm glad, cos I liked the Sarah actress, but I don't like the direction this storyline is going.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 07-02-2011 at 07:54 AM
Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

FNL
Quote:
that was a really great moment when she read her essay.
My favourite moment of the series, hands down.
I made my icon.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
PLL

We haven't had a chance to watch the past episode yet. HOPEFULLY this weekend sometime it's happening. Well, for sure, before the next all new!

I haven't looked at comments (if any) but will post thoughts when I see the episode. I might not catch up on the thread as promised because I suck, I know. But I will come back with thoughts on the recent episode. I also have to finish up season 5 FNL, too!
You mean since the series finale is set to air on NBC quite soon?
Old 07-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wilfred (US): Season 1, Episode 2

Nice show somehow, but the 2nd episode wasn't as good as the pilot, some nice moment here and there, but all in all not funny enough, there's something missing, it was again Ryan hanging out with Wilfred and not really something new, I could count the funny moments on one hand, gimme some more. I think I'll watch a couple more episodes and hope it gets better.

Party Down: Season 1, Episode 1

The best thing about the pilot was that Adam Scott (P&R) and three Veronica Mars actors were in it. Enrico Colantoni had an let's say disturbing guest appearance, Jane Lynch was in it too, and that was it, and not to forget Martin Starr (F&G). The story was okay, here and there an interesting moment, but I was thinking often that those actors can do better, Scott and Lynch def can, same for Colantoni who was awesome as Keith Mars. I'll give it 2 more eps, but it can wait.

The Middle: Season 1, Episode 1

Rewatched it with a friend and actually liked it better than the first time. Okay, it's more or less a copy of Malcolm In The Middle, but maybe it's not. Neil Flynn, the Janitor from Scrubs is in it, and that's a plus, the little boy is somehow funny, the mom's a lot of fun to watch, the daughter is okay, brought on of the best moments when she destroyed the school dance performance. It will never be another MITM, but it doesn't have to be, it could be a nice version of a family with more or less normal parents struggling with their not so usual children. Give it a try sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
FNL
My favourite moment of the series, hands down.
I can understand why. It was definitely my favourite Tyra moment so far, it was honest, it meant a lot coming from her and it will I think help her get into college. And she shared this moment with Landry.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 07-02-2011 at 03:43 PM
Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Wonder Years: Season 4, Episode 15

Okay episode about Kevin and his dog Buster. Nice ending.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

FNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
You mean since the series finale is set to air on NBC quite soon?
Ahaha. LOL.

I was watching online even when I was, once, caught up and could have watched season 5 on TV. I watched online with Shelby but we stopped temporarily due to her returning from school, working full time days and my sometimes insane schedule. I just mentioned to her yesterday we have to finish up. She responded while I was at a sports-bar that we will go there and would have last night had I gotten home at an appropriate time.

We're a third of the way in so we should whip through the last 2/3rds once we get rolling again.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

How To Make It In America: Season 1, Episode 5

Okay episode, Rene's moments were okay, Rachel is boring and annoying, she and her lover took extasy. Of course I liked Ben + Cam, after some struggle they met the designer, he didn't like their pattern, but was interested in Ben's self-designed t-shirt - so they are doing 300 shirts now, cool thing.

Friday Night Lights: Season 3, Episode 13 (Season Finale)

Great finale that started very strange, 5 months time leap, some impressions of the summer and then the finale started. It had not the best start, cos I have hard times being thrown into cold water expecting something different and getting a 5 months leap, but after a couple of minutes it got to me. Eric gave up his job to become coach for the East Dillon Giraffes (no, he was just kidding when he said that ^^), that will be a very interesting scenario for season 4. New players, cos his old superstars are going to college and he has a new team and a new school, but he will stay in Dillon. I liked how Eric said "Joe I don’t give a damn how much money you got" - he loves the game, but he likes to coach the team his way and not to be blackmailed by Joe and Wade telling him to let J.D. play all the time and do this and that. Lyla would've gone to St. Antoine, but Tami/Buddy talked to her. At first I thought how dare they telling her that, but when this college turned out to be a party school it was the best for her to go to a different school. Buddy asked his brother for money and Lyla will now go to Van der Bellten something college. Tim wanted to stay in Dillon for his brother Billy, who married today, I liked it a lot, great wedding scenes, though in the beginning I didn't like him and Mindy at all, but she's pregnant, he bought a warehouse to build up a car workshop. Tim wanted to say, but Billy told him in a great and emotional scene that he has to go to college to make something out of his life. That was great, I was thinking Billy would be happy and they'd drink a beer, but that was even better. Tyra had another nervous breakdown because she had sent her college application but she just got on the waiting list and when she drove to the college to ask how her chances are, she got disappointed, because she was only one of 1000 applicants. Great emotional scene, when Tyra was furious and without hope ever making it to college and Landry stood up to her and told her that she can't give up. Tyra got into college, wonderful scene when she got the letter from the college, her family and Landry dancing. Matt decided to stay in Dillon for his grandma, but he could've gone to Chicago. Very sad how Julie had almost broken up with him because she didn't think their relationship could last, but Matt didn't listen and he decided to stay. Julie had another good scene when her parents gave her a new car, but she got sad because Matt and all of her school friends were leaving to college. At least Matt is staying. The wedding was beautiful, I hope we get to see some of the season 3 cast in season 4, Smash gone, Jason gone, it's never easy to let go of the great characters. Season 4 in August, so I'll take some time off from Dillon and Football. I think there is a lot happened when season 4 starts, but they already jumped 5 months ahead, maybe season 4 starts from there.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 07-03-2011 at 11:13 AM
Old 07-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
FNL

Ahaha. LOL.

I was watching online even when I was, once, caught up and could have watched season 5 on TV. I watched online with Shelby but we stopped temporarily due to her returning from school, working full time days and my sometimes insane schedule. I just mentioned to her yesterday we have to finish up. She responded while I was at a sports-bar that we will go there and would have last night had I gotten home at an appropriate time.

We're a third of the way in so we should whip through the last 2/3rds once we get rolling again.
Well, you have two weeks if you want to catch the finale when it actually airs on NBC.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Party Down

Quote:
The best thing about the pilot was that Adam Scott (P&R) and three Veronica Mars actors were in it.
More than three, actually. (I'm assuming you're talking about Dick Casablancas, Vinnie VanLowe, and Keith Mars.) Adam Scott and Jane Lynch have both guest starred in VM as well. As you watch, you'll see more and more VM alum That was always the highlight of the show for me.
I made my icon.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

FNL & Sort of Ezra/Aria in a risky deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Well, you have two weeks if you want to catch the finale when it actually airs on NBC.
LOL! Okay, I'm making you a deal... we will be caught up by then but if we are not, I will have to permanently ship Aria/Ezra forever. How's that? You know I can't lie because Shelby will tell the truth since she'd probably want to see me hang for the fun of it.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

LOL, how can you ship a couple you hate? Well, I guess you are technically kinda on the fence, not really hating them.
I made my icon.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby
LOL, how can you ship a couple you hate? Well, I guess you are technically kinda on the fence, not really hating them.
LOL, exactly. I'm mostly a fence sitter with them. But, if I don't finish I will be forced not to complain about them in any fashion. Instead, I would only zero in on their good points which would be a terribly difficult task seeing as I am a glass is half empty person. LOL.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Haha.

Myself, btw, have just the finale to watch for FNL as I peeked ahead and watched 5x12 the other day.
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread