Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Friday Night Lights: Season 3, Episode 10

Another good episode, didn't really have anything to critisize. Tyra returned, took advantage of Landry to help her with her SATs, his band mates told him that, he helped her anyway, but realized later that she used him, gave a great "The Giving Tree" talk (wow, that was awesome!) and left her alone. I liked his band performance, Tyra seemed to be interested in Landry like she was never before (she only was his girlfriend cos he saved her from the rapist). Matt and Julie slept in his bed, Eric went into the house and out 2 seconds later. But I liked how Tami handled this delicate situation, she talked to Julie in a grown up way, without any screaming or being mad, she got emotional and Julie too and I liked that scene. Well done. J.D. tries to escape his fathers more or less oppression, I'm with him, he does his work, he does a hell of a job on the field and what does he get? His father sends his gilfriend away. I'm glad he took off with her without permission. Then we had Buddy, oh boy, what a foolish thing to gamble with all his savings including Lyla's college fund, he lost the money and his cool, got into a fight, punched the guy that lost his money, had to pay 10.000 $ bail and will have to pay a lot of compensation, Lyla was right leaving home to live with Tim. And the game was also nice thanks to a let's say corrupt referee that did whatever he liked, that got me very angry, you could imagine how Eric freaked out, got kicked of the field and J.D.'s private coach took over and won the game. Apart from being the same old winning the game seconds before the end it was okay to watch. All in all an episode without any week storylines, no real highlights apart from some scenes, but all fitted togehter very well.

I think I'll finish this season until Sunday, then I'll take a FNL break until middle of August and finish the show then.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Pretty Little Liars

I didn't get to watch the episode because I wasn't home, but it's on the DVR along with White Collar, Covert Affairs, and Chloe King.

Beastly

They changed lots of stuff from the book, but overall I enjoyed the movie. It wasn't anything special, but I didn't feel like I wanted an hour and a half of my life back either. The basic story is that of Beauty and the Beast, it's just set in contemporary times, and the 'beast' of this story forces the 'beauty' to stay with him to protect her, not to punish her father for breaking into his house.

The script was pretty paint by numbers, and the acting was just so-so, but I still enjoyed the movie well enough. The stuff that was changed from the book didn't bother me, and overall I could see why some of it was excised for the movie.

P.S. This is my 25,000th post. Woo hoo.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Wonder Years: Season 4, Episode 14

Okay episode about Kevin's dentist appointment. Very blah with only a nice moment here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
P.S. This is my 25,000th post. Woo hoo.
Congratz from Austria. That's impressive, and you're here since more than 10 years, wow.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 06-29-2011 at 09:56 AM
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Congrats, Alan. At the end of July, I will have my 10-year anniversary on
I made my icon.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

GABY AND ALAN

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 06-29-2011 at 11:24 AM
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Lol Erin?
I made my icon.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

How To Make In America: Season 1, Episode 1

Interesting pilot with HBO look and quality, I like the intro, the cast, I already knew Bryan Greenberg from OTH, and the story is nice, nothing big, but it's shown in a very realistic way, hope Ben and Cam find their way to make some cash. Not the best pilot, but there's potential here, I'll watch the rest next days.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Coming up on 12 years for me. I feel so old...

Old 06-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Lol Erin?

Okay...where did that come from?!?!?!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Friday Night Lights: Season 3, Episode 11

One of the top 3 episodes of season 3, I really liked every storyline. Lyla was still depressed because she got into college but had no money to afford it thanks to Buddy gambling all the money. But Tim was there for her, he was on a high, he not only got into college or got a scolarship, he won the important game and will go to state, it was great to see him be there for Lyla, and he really was, he did what he could do, maybe it was a bit too much, but it was really nice. Matt had troubles with Loraine, because her health gets worse. It was mean of him to yell at his mom, but they had a real great scene after the game when he apologized, I admire that he would sacrifice his college plans to look after his Grams. But I think she will come into a hospital or something similar. Really liked Tyra and Landry too, though I'm not a fan of Mindy/Billy too, they prepared their bridal shower or so, and Tyra asked Landry nicely and thanked him several times and acknoledged his helping hands, that was great, the small party was sweet, Tyra's emotional breakdown at the end because she was somehow desperate because her future is so unsafe was maybe a bit too much, but a nice emotional scene with her mom. J.D. met with Madison against his fathers will, after the game where he showed an average performance his father kinda hit him, Eric saved him, Joe McCoy, you are a real jerk! I'm glad that the Taylors where there for the McCoys, Joe is behaving like a maniac, he's pushing his son too much and too hard and doesn't allow him any fun. That's mean! The 2nd semi final game was nice cos it was a rain game and it wasn't the usual down first half, up second half thing, it was fun to watch. Some thing about redistricting of the school to get more money was also a topic, but I honestly didn't get that 100%, why are they doing it, but it will be an important issue next episode.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

How To Make It In America: Season 1, Episode 2

Interesting episode, our two friends were looking for a manufacturer for their denim, but it isn't that easy to find one in NY and a designer told them that they have no chance to succed, if they have no real plan and no knowledge - but do they care? No, they don't. Let's see if they get the patterns they need next week.

One Tree Hill: Season 7, Episode 16

Finally a good episode, thanks to MSCL mother Bess Armstrong, she brought some great scenes and also drama to Tree Hill, well done. The Julian Alex Brooke Alex thing was not bad, some nice moment here and there, don't care much about Millie, and care even less for Miranda and Grubbs.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 06-30-2011 at 10:05 AM
Old 06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Pretty Little Liars

Okay. I've said before that I don't hold the show to Lost standards, but I do expect some sort of attempt to adhere to plot and consistency. This episode was a bit of a tipping point for me. First off, you had Aria taking a class with Jenna, who in the past has been able to seemingly instantly tell when one the PLL gang is in the room with her with almost supernatural accuracy. But she seemed pretty genuinely fooled up until the last moment last night. Weak. Also, the scene with the lamp seemed like it was supposed to be menacing and full of suspense, but I just didn't get that from it. I was mainly questioning how a blind person made that lamp in the first place.

Secondly, we have the wedding ring. Melissa has torn the house apart looking for this thing, and Spencer finds it behind the toaster? Weak again. They should have at least had it be in Spencer's room or have Spencer drop something behind the counter and find it. As it was, it looked like lazy writing.

Third, we have the flashback. I've always thought that the flashbacks were supposed to be memories, especially in the context that the flashback last night happened, but then we got this extreme close-up of Alison's face and reflection in the mirror as she slightly broke down, but Spencer, who was ostensibly the one having this flashback, didn't get close enough to see that Alison was crying until a good 10 seconds after this, and there's really no way that she saw that at all. Maybe I'm wrong and these flashbacks are just there as a vehicle to convey things to the audience. If so, they should clear that up. I believe I had the same gripe about a flashback last season.

Fourth, can we just dispense with the whole can't-be-seen-together thing? All it did was make for a ludicrous scene at the school with the girls scurrying back to the stalls like cockroaches fleeing when the lights get turned on. I realize that Aria's mom works at the school, but do they really think that a fellow student is going to rat them out? I doubt that many of them even know that they aren't supposed to be hanging out. Lucas didn't. Plus, we haven't actually seen them apart any less than we did before, so it's not even covering new story ground.

Fifth, they seem to be making 'A' omniscient. While I'll give them the fact that someone was following Spencer when she pawned the ring, there's no way in hell that 'A' could have known that Emily was going to tear up that letter after a heart-to-heart with her mother. Unless 'A' has some secret spy cameras in the room or just regularly checks Emily's trash for incriminating stuff, then I find it a stretch that 'A' found the letter, copied it, and then sent it to Emily's mom. Going back to the pawn shop thing, I have a nitpick there. If you sign a written agreement like it looked like Spencer did, then the pawn shop owner can't just sell your property before the allotted time is up.

It just seems like they are using 'A' as a crutch to shortcut to things that they want to happen. Any time they need an obstacle or an obstacle removed, then "'A' did it" just happens to pop up.

One more gripe, and this one is just based on my personal preferences, is this: if they are going to undouche-ify Lucas, then they need to put him with Hannah, not some new chick. Before he started turning weird and psychotic, I loved the thought of them together, and if they are going to bring him back over to the slightly nerdy and awkward but otherwise normal side, then I'd much prefer him for Hannah than any of her other suitors.

I was also a bit disappointed in a couple of the girls this week. I try to chalk it up to them all being teenagers (despite the actress obviously not being teens), but Hannah and Spencer both really took a beating...Hannah not as much as Spencer. Hannah's sin was of doing basically the same thing to her father that Mona did to her. She may want her parents to work things out, but deleting texts from her dad's phone isn't going to make that happen, and it's just going to blow up in her face. She needs to remember the betrayal she felt when she found out what Mona did and realize that her dad is going to feel much the same way when he finds out...which he obviously will.

That brings me to Spencer. She was already on my list for her insanely dogged pursuit of the Jason thing. The whole time she was repeatedly pleading with Toby to stay out of Jason's house I wanted her to just remember that not so long ago she was completely convinced that Toby was the one who killed Alison, and look how that turned out. I can see why she's still stuck on Ian, but she needs to realize how her behavior makes her look like a looney toon and just reinforces the whole 'suspect behavior' thing the police have for her...

But that's not why I was disappointed. I was disappointed because she pawned her sister's ring. Not only was that a very big betrayal of a member of her family, but it was a risk that she should know by now was going to blow up in her face. When has she ever done something that stupid in the past that 'A' hasn't found out about and used to punish her with? Never that's when.

It wasn't all bad though. There was a lot of nice Spoby stuff, especially the I love you. That was great.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

'Dollhouse's' Dichen Lachman joins 'Being Human' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

State Of Georgia: Season 1, Episode 1

I watched this pilot. I watched it because Majandra Delfino is in it, and she was part of the wonderful Roswell 10 years ago. That was the only reason, the trailer was bad, the pilot was bad, Raven was annoying, canned laughter is so 90s and I actually felt sorry for Majandra's nerdy character. Was there a plot at all? Yeah, Raven's Georgia wanted to become a star, she auditioned, but the casting director told her „You don’t have it." But she didn't give up, instead she did this stupid, embarrassing, seducting thing to get the role. It felt excatly like one of those unfunny Disney Channel shows. Only positive things were the intro, it's interesting, and that both John Ross Bowie (Kripke from TBBT) and Loretta Devine (Patti from Eli Stone) had guest appearances, besides that I'm glad it's over.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

How To Make It In America: Season 1, Episode 3

It's a nice show to watch for in between. Was not the best episode, but it was okay, Rene's trying to hit the market with his drink, and our two boys finally get their sample done. Didn't care for the Rachel scenes.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread