Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Chuck
To be a downer for a second....Chucks ratings were down to a 1.7 in the target demo last night. I just dont understand what happened its weird...I am hoping it gets adjusted up in the final ratings.
A bit of a downer, but not red-alert insanity drops. I don't understand why it's going down either, but then again I don't understand how Two and a Half Men gets all those viewers when Chuck can't seem to break 6 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Right they really tapped into the heart of the show for what they thought was going to be the possible end of a great story. But it wasnt so it was just a very heart warming and well put together episode. I seriously had tears welling in my eyes 3 or 4 times was not expecting that at all.
You could tell they thought this might be the series finale, because they really brought the emotion. I've read in several places where Josh and others have said that the last 10 minutes were the best 10 minutes of Chuck ever. While I don't know that that's true, it was 10 of the better minutes in all of Chuckdown, or TV in general for that matter.

Quote:
One scene I definately would have had me bawling was when Sarah tells Casey sorry it looks like she is going into give him a hug before the screen cuts away. Turns out she was doing just that but the editors cut it out....I have no clue why they cut it Sarah hugging Casey would have been SUCH a special moment. Guess they wanted to save it for later on now that we have more episodes.
That is odd. I'd have loved to see Sarah hug Casey. It would really give a physical and visual cement to the bond that is so obviously there between them. Hopefully you are right and it comes up in a later episode.

Quote:
I had the same reaction. When they first walked in I was like NOOO get out of the hospital I WILL NOT have you ruin this moment for me but once they started singing it was actually quite hilarious.
Almost exactly the same reaction as me. I chuckled for the first part, but by the time that Lester started dancing with the one mom I was ready for them to get shut down.

Quote:
I agree Casey has some great moments this episode and the Casey/Alex scenes rocked my world.
This has been a great year for Casey. Bravo Adam Baldwin. Bravo.

Quote:
I agree I kinda assumed episode 13 would have the proposal but the way it went down was very CS and very perfect. My greedy side wanted to see her reaction upclose but really the way it was shot was brilliant. The errie silence with only the floor buffer as sound and it fading to black as Sarah ends up down on both knees kissing Chuck in his arms just...
I can totally see that ending image as a great desktop wallpaper or avie. It was that good.

Greek

Quote:
First off Alan did you catch an Everwood reference in the beginning? I swear I heard it.....they were talking about Calvins boyfriend and how he watched Everwood atleast thats what I thought he said.
Yeah. When Calvin, Heath, Rebecca and Heather are talking about the KT 'Everest Party' Heath refers to it as the 'Everwood Party' because of the snow and the mountains and stuff. It was great.

Quote:
OMG thank you glad Im not the only one! It was giving me flashbacks to the end of S2 in Chuck when Chucks hair was just...scary.
You are definitely not alone. Everyone in my family was commenting on how horrible it is.

Quote:
YES YES YES! Cappie is really growing this season and Casey is being weird. I dont think she truly knows what she wants thats the problem. She says she cant be with Cappie because he is to immature and needs to grow up but now that he is changing she say she cant be with him because he is changing....you cant have it both ways Casey!! Yes he is changing BECAUSE of you but not FOR YOU there is a difference! You make him want to grow up it is BECAUSE of you not FOR YOU so stop saying that!
Amen sister! Changing because of her is a good thing. Changing for her is a bad thing. She needs to learn the difference, and she needs to stop being down on the boy.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That is odd. I'd have loved to see Sarah hug Casey. It would really give a physical and visual cement to the bond that is so obviously there between them. Hopefully you are right and it comes up in a later episode.
You wouldn't have been able to get a good reciprocal hug form Casey because that hug would have hurt like hell. I'm surprised he was able to walk around so soon.

So now that Chuck's mom is free, do you think that she'll be a part of the show and her family...be the doting grandma?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

You know, that's true. It would be nice to see Sarah hug Casey with him stiff as a board for a few seconds with a begrudging and super-quick reciprocation on his part before he pulls away.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
A bit of a downer, but not red-alert insanity drops. I don't understand why it's going down either, but then again I don't understand how Two and a Half Men gets all those viewers when Chuck can't seem to break 6 million.
It makes no sense how that show....made with a crook for a star would be watched by so many and sooo little people even know about Chuck. I think Mitch and others who have recently discovered Chuck will agree its a show that captures your heart and you cant help but love it. Its just sad not that many people have discovered it.

Quote:
You could tell they thought this might be the series finale, because they really brought the emotion. I've read in several places where Josh and others have said that the last 10 minutes were the best 10 minutes of Chuck ever. While I don't know that that's true, it was 10 of the better minutes in all of Chuckdown, or TV in general for that matter.
Agreed as far as twists or game changing moments no it wasnt the biggest 10 minutes of CHUCK ever. But as far as emotion and family which is the heart of this whole story it really was a beautiful 10 minutes to watch. It sounds cheesy but this show is way more than a show to me and my family. To me personally it holds a special place in my heart and its moments like last nights that make me so grateful to be a Chuckster.

Quote:
Yeah when you get a chance for a rewatch watch closely in the scene Sarah comes in and apologizes to Casey. Right at the end you see her going in for a hug but the shot cuts to another scene. Watching live I had a OMG she is going to hug him moment then I was like hmm I guess I was seeing things. However as we talked it out on the Chuck board it turns out she did hug him but for some reason or another they decided to edit it out.

Quote:
Almost exactly the same reaction as me. I chuckled for the first part, but by the time that Lester started dancing with the one mom I was ready for them to get shut down.
Yeah Im glad they shut it down when they did. That last couple minutes of the show was brilliantly done with the only word spoked being "Awesome" from the man himself. And the song "Young Blood" that was playing in the background was a perfect pick for everything that was going on.

Quote:
This has been a great year for Casey. Bravo Adam Baldwin. Bravo.
Definately he really has had a breakout season him and Yvonne both got to explore completely different sides of their characters this season.

Quote:
I can totally see that ending image as a great desktop wallpaper or avie. It was that good.
YES! This article pretty much summarizes my thoughts on the whole thing particularly this excerpt:
Quote:
For a couple that has experienced their entire relationship under the eye of their superiors and under scrutiny from others, it was, I think, the perfect moment. Alone together is sort of the perfect description of two spies in love, so it seems fitting that it’s how they start the rest of their lives together.
Perfectly put. Here is the rest of the article if you would like to read it.

'Chuck': Okay, I'm no longer angry about the first 'proposal' | PopWatch | EW.com

Greek

Quote:
Yeah. When Calvin, Heath, Rebecca and Heather are talking about the KT 'Everest Party' Heath refers to it as the 'Everwood Party' because of the snow and the mountains and stuff. It was great.
Yay glad I wasnt hearing things! Hear that non Greek Watchers! Just another reason you should watch it gives shout outs to EVERWOOD!

Quote:
You are definitely not alone. Everyone in my family was commenting on how horrible it is.
Yeah it was rather....err fluffy? It just needs to go. I am intrigued by this upcoming storyline with Rusty and Ashley it should be a fun one.

Quote:
Amen sister! Changing because of her is a good thing. Changing for her is a bad thing. She needs to learn the difference, and she needs to stop being down on the boy
Dito. Cappie is my boy always been my favorite character just because he is hilarious but he has also had his down moments. However this season he is growing up and its Casey who is turning into this whiny confused lost girl and she needs to wake up and figure herself out because poor Cap is going to get caught up in all of it and end up with a broken heart....again.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chuck

I just showed Shelby parts to our commentary but I wanted to quickly say we both thought it was a fabulous episode. Ask Shelby, Alex said more than once at the end. "I am so happy" so that kind of gives a clue she liked the episode and I did as well. LOL.

Everything about the episode flowed so nicely. The pace, well hot geek Alex kept mentioning the pacing and how perfect it was throughout. I am not sure exactly what that means but I guess there was good pacing. LOL. I'll just say in my language to me it flowed perfectly. I loved everything about this episode.

Orion... I am hanging on for dear life that he's still alive. I know, I know, it's not likely but he was everywhere in spirit in this episode. Absolutely everywhere. How touching the words Mom B used whenever describing how much she loved him and wanted to be with him throughout the years. Chuck, in many ways, WAS Orion in this episode. Of course Chuck saves the day at the end, but it was so awesome seeing Beckman at the door as well when I think everyone might have thought that would have been Sarah instead. That was awesome as was the chopper comment she made about getting Chuck whatever he wanted. LOL.

I loved the Mom/Dad B & Chuck/Sarah parallel Mom B pointed out to Sarah. Every scene between Mom B and Sarah was perfection. I loved it so much.

Ellie getting some food and a shower with her water breaking was as good as it gets. LOL. Awesome was awesome but I did want to tell him to get it together and man up already, his wife was doing all the work, heh. Thank God Casey set him straight.

Speaking of Casey... the scene between Casey/Sarah was so moving. I love those two. I could write a psychological novel on their dynamic and how there's so many feelings there between them. The Casey/Alex/Morgan scenes were touching. The hand holding between Casey/Alex almost made me cry, it was so beautiful and means so much to the character of Casey as a whole. If you are a huge fan of Casey YOU LOVE that scene because given who he is that means everything to him. This was a big turning point for him. He truly has a mutual loving relationship with his daughter that is wonderfully expressed now. Outstanding.

As for the proposal... I will show our back and forth on that because I think it better explains what we felt:

Quote:
Alex: He's going ask her to marry him.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mich: This is perfect.
Alex: YES.
Mich: So natural and fitting.
Alex: Simple and everything.
WE KNEW IT.
Mich: Yes. Outstanding.
Alex: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaawe
Exactly what it was suppose to be.
Mich: Agreed.
That was perfect.
Alex: I knew it, after everything, the proposal like this is just perfect, it puts everything in perspective. Wonderful and real.
This episode made me happy.
Mich: It all came together.
The past episode, everything was so difficult, because the thinking was making it all messed up, let alone everything else going on but when you just go from the heart and just do it, without hesitation it works naturally. Simple and so flowing.
Alex: YES.
We agree.
Mich: Yeah.
Alex: I'm so happy.
I love how they didn't need to put dialogue here.
We know what's being said and frankly we don't need it.
Mich: Or even a close up, it was perfect from a distance. Like the moment was so perfect it deserved being shot from afar almost.
Alex: Exactly.
Mich: Perfect but natural. Complete understanding all the way around
for Chuck/Sarah and the audience.
Alex: YES. Super. I would love to create a vid on just that scene alone.
Mich: It's already flowing inside your brain, so you will have to go for it eventually, I already know as much.
Alex: <3
Excellent episode.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful dialogue with Alex, Michelle. You brought us back to the moment and to our feelings while watching that scene. They definitely are a beautiful couple who don't need words. I can't wait to see this video that's being planned in Alex's talented mind.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Everything about the episode flowed so nicely. I'll just say in my language to me it flowed perfectly. I loved everything about this episode.
Agreed it was put together very well. Everything revolved around the underlying theme of Family and throughout the episode the plot was in sync with that. (Why is it everytime i say in sync I instantly start singing N'SYNC) Anyway yes the pace of this episode was very well done and whoever the director was deserves a high five for the whole episode but specifically the last couple minutes.

Quote:
Orion... I am hanging on for dear life that he's still alive. I know, I know, it's not likely but he was everywhere in spirit in this episode. Absolutely everywhere. How touching the words Mom B used whenever describing how much she loved him and wanted to be with him throughout the years.
As much as I wish he could be alive I am not sure we will see that. Who knows though if this show keeps coming back from cancelation eventually in S9 or 10 maybe they would bring him back.

P.S. I have read were some fans though the janitor that was buffing the floors was going to be Orion undercover. Thought I would pass that along to you and your dreams.

Quote:
Chuck, in many ways, WAS Orion in this episode. Of course Chuck saves the day at the end, but it was so awesome seeing Beckman at the door as well when I think everyone might have thought that would have been Sarah instead. That was awesome as was the chopper comment she made about getting Chuck whatever he wanted.
"Afterall I am my fathers son" This whole scene had me fist pumping and busting with pride our boy has come so far!

Beckman was awesome as well:
Volkoff: "You will need an Army to get out of here"
Chuck: "Will this do?" *cue beckman and her army* CLassic!!

Quote:
I loved the Mom/Dad B & Chuck/Sarah parallel Mom B pointed out to Sarah. Every scene between Mom B and Sarah was perfection. I loved it so much.
Mama B was a star this episode her scene with Sarah telling her she didnt want Sarah turning into her and Chuck into his Father was just...

Quote:
Ellie getting some food and a shower with her water breaking was as good as it gets. LOL. Awesome was awesome but I did want to tell him to get it together and man up already, his wife was doing all the work, heh. Thank God Casey set him straight.
That scene was hilarious! Fav of the episode Ellie compeltely calm while Awesome was soooo not Awesome. Perfection!

Quote:
Speaking of Casey... the scene between Casey/Sarah was so moving. I love those two.
As Josh O' Squirreli would say...*Point for the Casey/Sarah are close enough to hug campaign*

Quote:
The Casey/Alex/Morgan scenes were touching. The hand holding between Casey/Alex almost made me cry, it was so beautiful and means so much to the character of Casey as a whole. If you are a huge fan of Casey YOU LOVE that scene because given who he is that means everything to him. This was a big turning point for him. He truly has a mutual loving relationship with his daughter that is wonderfully expressed now. Outstanding.
Yes! I follow the actress who plays Alex on twitter and she tweeted a few weeks ago about how she got her own chair on set.... So nice to have her as a real part of Chuck world cant wait to see where they take her character in the back 11!

Quote:
As for the proposal...
Perfection...If I had to describe it in one word I would use "Intimate" 'nough said.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chuck

Quote:
Agreed it was put together very well. Everything revolved around the underlying theme of Family and throughout the episode the plot was in sync with that. (Why is it everytime i say in sync I instantly start singing N'SYNC) Anyway yes the pace of this episode was very well done and whoever the director was deserves a high five for the whole episode but specifically the last couple minutes.
LMAO, N'SYNC.

You told me that last night, the family theme was in play. You are so right. Everyone saying they were family at the hospital, Ellie telling her mom she came, she said "We" came. It was awesome.

The other thing we noticed was how Chuck effortlessly called his mom, "Mom" in this episode. Constantly he was calling her that. It was great.

Quote:
As much as I wish he could be alive I am not sure we will see that. Who knows though if this show keeps coming back from cancelation eventually in S9 or 10 maybe they would bring him back.
I would take a 9th and 10th season.

Quote:
P.S. I have read were some fans though the janitor that was buffing the floors was going to be Orion undercover. Thought I would pass that along to you and your dreams.
Wow, that would be TREMENDOUS if that's the reality! I never even thought about that. I was too focused on the proposal to see that, although I did see the slight obstruction there, I wanted to swat him away almost. What if I really was trying to swat away Orion? LOL.

It's just interesting how much he was brought up this episode. Of course it makes sense he would be and like Alex said, he lives on in spirit no matter what... but it sort of feels like Mom B's story is almost just beginning. We might just hear more about the past and what happened. I hope we do anyway!

Quote:
"Afterall I am my fathers son" This whole scene had me fist pumping and busting with pride our boy has come so far!
I loved that so much! It really is like both Chuck and his dad defeated psychopath V. It was so awesome.

Quote:
Beckman was awesome as well:
Volkoff: "You will need an Army to get out of here"
Chuck: "Will this do?" *cue beckman and her army* CLassic!!
Loved it!

Quote:
Mama B was a star this episode her scene with Sarah telling her she didnt want Sarah turning into her and Chuck into his Father was just...
That was probably the most compelling scene of the complete story of Chuck. It was so moving. If you watch Sarah's reaction, she immediately understood and was going to respond accordingly because she just got it.

Quote:
That scene was hilarious! Fav of the episode Ellie compeltely calm while Awesome was soooo not Awesome. Perfection!
LOL, I know!

Alex was a tad annoyed but with humor all the same seeing as she gave birth a mere year and a half ago (without drugs I might add) as she said men need to understand what is going on here... it's not about them, it's about the woman actually delivering the baby along with the biological components that go into this situation which is both amazing but highly significant at the same time.

Quote:
As Josh O' Squirreli would say...*Point for the Casey/Sarah are close enough to hug campaign*
Yes.

Quote:
Yes! I follow the actress who plays Alex on twitter and she tweeted a few weeks ago about how she got her own chair on set.... So nice to have her as a real part of Chuck world cant wait to see where they take her character in the back 11!
She does a wonderful job! She couldn't be more perfect as the daughter of Casey and girlfriend of Morgan. She's phenomenal. I would love to get her some individual storylines in the future. Man, she has a father and boyfriend who are both spies. I think they have a lot they could work with here.

Quote:
Perfection...If I had to describe it in one word I would use "Intimate" 'nough said.
Exactly.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:
LMAO, N'SYNC.
"I drive myself crazy....I Drive myself crazy..." hehe

Quote:
You told me that last night, the family theme was in play. You are so right. Everyone saying they were family at the hospital, Ellie telling her mom she came, she said "We" came. It was awesome.
Yes and in the beginning when Ellie says "We do anything for family" and this is what drives Chuck to go after Volkoff on his own in the first place.

Quote:
The other thing we noticed was how Chuck effortlessly called his mom, "Mom" in this episode. Constantly he was calling her that. It was great.
Yes! There is zero hesitation now its just natural and if Sarah and Mama B's relationship continues to grow as it has been it won't be long until Sarah is calling her Mom as well.

Quote:
I would take a 9th and 10th season.
If we get a 9th and 10th season I will personally fly you to Texas. Write that down cause I will do it.

Quote:
Wow, that would be TREMENDOUS if that's the reality! I never even thought about that. I was too focused on the proposal to see that, although I did see the slight obstruction there, I wanted to swat him away almost. What if I really was trying to swat away Orion?
LOL Mitch No NO they weren't sayin they actually thought it was him for reals now they were saying for a split second they thought it might be him. They didnt show him so obviously it wasnt ooo yeah and he is DEAD so thats another clue. As much as I love Orion and wish he could come back his death was such a big moment I dont want it to be tarnished in anyway by him unrealisticly coming back.

Quote:
It's just interesting how much he was brought up this episode. Of course it makes sense he would be and like Alex said, he lives on in spirit no matter what... but it sort of feels like Mom B's story is almost just beginning. We might just hear more about the past and what happened. I hope we do anyway!
I think Orion played a huge role in this episode for sure. That was on purpose Chuck wanted his dad even from the grave to get the chance to end what HE started. This was his dad's mission its why he left Chuck its why his mom left Chuck. This storyline brought back a lot of issues for Chuck and he realized exactly what his dad was going through because Chuck was going through the same thing with Sarah going undercover. This was Chucks way of ending it for his dad and for himself.

Granted I doubt Volkoff is gone for good...you dont get a guest star of Daltons caliber and kill him off.

Quote:
I loved that so much! It really is like both Chuck and his dad defeated psychopath V. It was so awesome.
Yes dito to what I said above.

Quote:
That was probably the most compelling scene of the complete story of Chuck. It was so moving. If you watch Sarah's reaction, she immediately understood and was going to respond accordingly because she just got it.
YES! Its hard to make Sarah back down and make her change her stubborn little mind but what Mama B said got through to Sarah. She realized exactly how big this situation was and I agree she was going to leave just as Mama B told her too if they hadnt have finished it off.

Quote:
She does a wonderful job! She couldn't be more perfect as the daughter of Casey and girlfriend of Morgan. She's phenomenal. I would love to get her some individual storylines in the future. Man, she has a father and boyfriend who are both spies. I think they have a lot they could work with here.
Plus we all saw her kick Casey's butt last season...so she would be a fun one to integrate into spy world, she has the skills.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Beautiful dialogue with Alex, Michelle. You brought us back to the moment and to our feelings while watching that scene. They definitely are a beautiful couple who don't need words. I can't wait to see this video that's being planned in Alex's talented mind.
Totally missed this. My eyes are whacked sometimes, I swear.

I will pass along the kind words to Alex.

How would you rate Chuck/Sarah as far as favorite romantic pairings for you? If you had to pick your top five romantic pairings who would they be?

Quote:
"I drive myself crazy....I Drive myself crazy..." hehe

Were you more of an N'SYNC or Backstreet Boy fan? Do you like any of Justin Timberlake's solo stuff?

Quote:
Yes and in the beginning when Ellie says "We do anything for family" and this is what drives Chuck to go after Volkoff on his own in the first place.
Absolutely. Good catch. This would have been such a perfect season finale or series finale for that matter. It was so start to finish, perfect! It makes you wonder what we're truly going to get for a series finale if last nights episode was so brilliant.

Quote:
Yes! There is zero hesitation now its just natural and if Sarah and Mama B's relationship continues to grow as it has been it won't be long until Sarah is calling her Mom as well.
That would be so great! I really wonder what they're going to do with Sarah in particular and what we as fans even want for that matter. Do we want to see Sarah's real mom come into the picture or Sarah growing closer to her future mother-in-law or both? I wonder what is going to develop here. Maybe Chuck will go on a search for Sarah's mother before their own wedding? This should be very interesting.

I wonder where Mom B is going to stay. I hope she stays (at least temporarily) with Ellie, Awesome, and baby.

Quote:
If we get a 9th and 10th season I will personally fly you to Texas. Write that down cause I will do it.
It's in print and with me once it's in print, it sticks.

Quote:
LOL Mitch No NO they weren't sayin they actually thought it was him for reals now they were saying for a split second they thought it might be him. They didnt show him so obviously it wasnt ooo yeah and he is DEAD so thats another clue. As much as I love Orion and wish he could come back his death was such a big moment I dont want it to be tarnished in anyway by him unrealisticly coming back.
You took the air right out of my sail. LOL.

I know, you're right, but if they wrote it properly just maybe he could come back from the dead? Maybe? LOL.

Quote:
I think Orion played a huge role in this episode for sure. That was on purpose Chuck wanted his dad even from the grave to get the chance to end what HE started. This was his dad's mission its why he left Chuck its why his mom left Chuck. This storyline brought back a lot of issues for Chuck and he realized exactly what his dad was going through because Chuck was going through the same thing with Sarah going undercover. This was Chucks way of ending it for his dad and for himself.
He did that so perfectly, too. It really was well done. Like I told Alex while watching... I couldn't help but notice a slight parallel between Julia on Everwood and Orion on Chuck. Julia had passed away before the series really got started while Orion was still alive but there still is that parallel with the both of them being there in spirit so strongly, driving their loved ones all the more because of the love that still exists even through death. I love this theme.

Quote:
Granted I doubt Volkoff is gone for good...you dont get a guest star of Daltons caliber and kill him off.
Dude, that was so freaky when he told Chuck to have his mother come and visit him. Man he was a spooky psychopath.

Quote:
YES! Its hard to make Sarah back down and make her change her stubborn little mind but what Mama B said got through to Sarah. She realized exactly how big this situation was and I agree she was going to leave just as Mama B told her too if they hadnt have finished it off.
Which speaks volumes because you do not tell Sarah Walker what to do if she is passionate and determined about something, especially concerning Chuck. The fact that she understood and was willing to take his mother's advice (more like command in a loving way) says just about everything.

Quote:
Plus we all saw her kick Casey's butt last season...so she would be a fun one to integrate into spy world, she has the skills.
Agreed! I would love seeing some Sarah/Alex interaction, too.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Chuck
Quote:

Were you more of an N'SYNC or Backstreet Boy fan? Do you like any of Justin Timberlake's solo stuff?
Well I was in an N'SYNC dance group as a kid I know be impressed. So Ill have to go with them considering they were rivals and all I wouldn't want JT or Justin or any of my boys upset with me.

Yeah I like some of it, when he goes all rap he loses me a bit. Its not my thing but I LOVE Justin Timberlake he is hilarious so I follow his work.

Quote:
Absolutely. Good catch. This would have been such a perfect season finale or series finale for that matter. It was so start to finish, perfect! It makes you wonder what we're truly going to get for a series finale if last nights episode was so brilliant.
Yeah I dont want to think about it because even as perfect as this episode was I would still be a mess right now if that was truly the end. So pretty much whatever episode ends up being the series finale will be a hard one to watch for me.

Quote:
That would be so great! I really wonder what they're going to do with Sarah in particular and what we as fans even want for that matter. Do we want to see Sarah's real mom come into the picture or Sarah growing closer to her future mother-in-law or both? I wonder what is going to develop here. Maybe Chuck will go on a search for Sarah's mother before their own wedding? This should be very interesting.
It seems like a very Chuck thing to do. In my mind I have always invisioned Chuck going off to find Papa B to come back and walk Sarah down the aisle. I dont care if Sarah isnt a normal girl every girl dreams about having their Dad walk them down the aisle at their wedding and we all know Chuck would want that day to be perfect for Sarah. So yeah I could definately see Chuck trying to find both Sarahs Mom and getting her Dad AGAIN as well.

Quote:
I wonder where Mom B is going to stay. I hope she stays (at least temporarily) with Ellie, Awesome, and baby.
Yeah me too. They have to keep her around somehow just like Dalton, Hamilton is to good of an actress to let go.

Quote:
It's in print and with me once it's in print, it sticks.
If we get a 10th season of Chuck I will definately do it. I'll be what...25 or 26 by then! Wow thats weird to think about. Who knows what I'll be doing then...

Quote:
You took the air right out of my sail. LOL.

I know, you're right, but if they wrote it properly just maybe he could come back from the dead? Maybe? LOL.
Noooo Please don't bring him back! The only realistic way I have ever seen someone who was shot in the chest come back from the dead was on CHUCK and that was with Bryce. Seeing as though using that same storyline would be a terrible idea I would rather them let it be. But hey I am all for some flashbacks with him and Bryce for that matter....Bryce Whyyyyyyy did he have to die! Why! ...Okay Im okay Im okay. *sigh* Blue eyes....

Quote:
He did that so perfectly, too. It really was well done. Like I told Alex while watching... I couldn't help but notice a slight parallel between Julia on Everwood and Orion on Chuck. Julia had passed away before the series really got started while Orion was still alive but there still is that parallel with the both of them being there in spirit so strongly, driving their loved ones all the more because of the love that still exists even through death. I love this theme.
Good comparison yes his spirit will forever live on. And with the complex nature of Chuck I am sure we will continue to learn more and more about his life that we dont already know. Just like last night with how him and Mama B were always in contact.

Quote:
Dude, that was so freaky when he told Chuck to have his mother come and visit him. Man he was a spooky psychopath.
But isnt Volkoff the most likeable and adorable psychopathic evil character you have ever seen? He was painting a puppy at the beginning of the episode last week and this week he was eating ice cream....I kinda love him. LOL I know I cant help myself...I blame Dalton.

Quote:
Which speaks volumes because you do not tell Sarah Walker what to do if she is passionate and determined about something, especially concerning Chuck. The fact that she understood and was willing to take his mother's advice (more like command in a loving way) says just about everything.
Exactly...Sarah doesnt back down from anything or anyone but she respects Mama B that means a ton coming from Sarah.

Quote:
Agreed! I would love seeing some Sarah/Alex interaction, too
We just need Sarah interacting with everyone. Before this season especially we only ever saw her with Chuck or Casey really but as we have seen with Sarah/Morgan scenes they ALWAYS produce gold so its only natural her with anyone else will produce gold as well.

Speaking of Sarah/Morgan how adorable is their growth this season? She gave him her jacket and said she was happy he was okay Who saw this dynamic coming from the first time the met in the Pilot.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Chuck

Great thoughts all around. Instead of trying to respond to all the stuff, I'm just gonna jump around and pick and choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Alex was a tad annoyed but with humor all the same seeing as she gave birth a mere year and a half ago (without drugs I might add) as she said men need to understand what is going on here... it's not about them, it's about the woman actually delivering the baby along with the biological components that go into this situation which is both amazing but highly significant at the same time.
I understand this, but I personally didn't mind it because my sister has had three children, and the last one was pretty similar to Ellie's in that she was calm and in good humor. The other ones definitely weren't though.

What I did like was that they didn't expend a lot of time showing Ellie screaming and straining like most TV shows do when a birth is involved. That was a refreshing change.

Quote:
I completely agree. We need to see more Alex, if only because it would mean more of Casey. I already get enough Morgan, so I'd like future Alex storylines to revolve more around her burgeoning relationship with her dad and the baby steps involved in bringing it even further along...although some storylines involving Alex/Morgan and Casey's reactions to them would be good too.

Quote:
Hmm. I guess I read this scene differently than the both of you, because I didn't get that at all. I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch it.

Quote:
As much as I like seeing Sarah bond with Chuck and his family and friends, I'd love a storyline where she searches for her mother. Outside of the reunion episode and the episode with Sarah's father, all of her emotional storylines/development has stemmed from Chuck and her reactions to him or his feelings. An emotional storyline rooted in her own past, with her own family would be excellent, and it seems like seeing Ellie and Chuck reunited with their mother would be an excellent jumping off point for a search for Sarah's mother. Even if she hasn't known her at all, it only seems logical that the return of Chuck's mom would at least stir up some feelings in her.

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of that depends on if Linda Hamilton will come back, something I personally don't know haven't checked into.

Quote:
Agreed! I would love seeing some Sarah/Alex interaction, too.
Dude, I totally agree. Have we even had a scene between the two of them? Or even a group scene where Sarah spoke to Alex?

Quote:
It seems like a very Chuck thing to do. In my mind I have always invisioned Chuck going off to find Papa B to come back and walk Sarah down the aisle. I dont care if Sarah isnt a normal girl every girl dreams about having their Dad walk them down the aisle at their wedding and we all know Chuck would want that day to be perfect for Sarah. So yeah I could definately see Chuck trying to find both Sarahs Mom and getting her Dad AGAIN as well.
I'm gonna assume by 'Papa B' you meant Sarah's dad, not Chucks.

I do agree though: I think that it would mean the world to Sarah to have her dad walk her down the aisle. I know that they've gone down this road before somewhat with Ellie, but it would be a nice parallel to have Chuck/Sarah track down her dad for the wedding (and this time maybe the nuptials can happen without Jeffster being involved in any way shape or form). Plus, Gary Cole is awesome, so it would be great to have him back, even just for one or two episodes.

Quote:
Noooo Please don't bring him back! The only realistic way I have ever seen someone who was shot in the chest come back from the dead was on CHUCK and that was with Bryce. Seeing as though using that same storyline would be a terrible idea I would rather them let it be. But hey I am all for some flashbacks with him and Bryce for that matter....
I didn't really think that Bryce coming back was all that realistic either, but I just went with it because I was glad to see him again. It was more realistic than Orion coming back would be, because there is no shadowy organization stepping in to revive him, and there's no way he could have known that Shaw and company would be there to intercept Chuck and him, so having an elaborate death faking plan in place would be way too unbelievable.

I do support him coming back in flashbacks. Bryce too for that matter, but if Hilarie Burton couldn't come back for the OTH wedding because of White Collar, I doubt that Matt Bomer could be coming back to Chuck.

Quote:
But isnt Volkoff the most likeable and adorable psychopathic evil character you have ever seen? He was painting a puppy at the beginning of the episode last week and this week he was eating ice cream....I kinda love him. LOL I know I cant help myself...I blame Dalton.
How awesome is it that he had an ice cream bar in his evil lair? Not only that, he had sprinkles on his ice cream. It's little touches like that that really elevate the character above any other villain that Chuck has had.

Quote:
Exactly...Sarah doesnt back down from anything or anyone but she respects Mama B that means a ton coming from Sarah.
Totally true. You can tell she respects her on the spy level as well as just as a woman.

Quote:
Speaking of Sarah/Morgan how adorable is their growth this season? She gave him her jacket and said she was happy he was okay Who saw this dynamic coming from the first time the met in the Pilot.
How awesome was it that her jacket fit him like a glove? I agree about Sarah/Morgan scenes being great. It started with the scene where Morgan found Sarah getting orange juice in her underwear, and it's been comedy gold ever since.

Quote:
How would you rate Chuck/Sarah as far as favorite romantic pairings for you? If you had to pick your top five romantic pairings who would they be?
This wasn't directed at me, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't butt into other people's conversations with my own thoughts.

At this moment, my all-time top five couples (that have actually happened) are:

1. Chuck/Sarah (Chuck) - They are on the top right now if only because of the buildup that went into the pairing, and the payoff we're currently experiencing.
2. Ephram/Amy (Everwood) - Destined to be from the first episode.
3. Matt Saracen/Julie Taylor (Friday Night Lights) - Julie is at her best with Matt, and Matt (one of my all-time favorite TV characters) is never happier than when he is with Julie.
4. Pacey/Joey (Dawson's Creek) - Like a lot of people, I started out on the D/J side, but P/J converted me, and I never wavered after that.
5. Helo/Athena (Battlestar Galactica) - One of the few couples that I've loved that got together and stayed together from beginning to end. I was constantly in a state of fear that one or both of them would die, because BSG liked to bring the misery, but luckily it never happened.

P.S. I edited H/A in to replace Spike/Buffy after thinking about it some more.

Pretty Little Liars

First off, Ezra and Aria continue to make me scream at my television. Although Lucy Hale did look supremely amazing in that red dress, what the hell is she doing dressed up all sexy and heading over to her teacher's apartment in broad daylight? Then, Ezra pulls up in a freaking limo, opens the window and sticks his head out so he can be clearly identified, then commences making out with his underage student with said window still half open. Good lord. It's like a primer for how not to carry on an affair with your underaged student.

Hannah disappointed me in this episode. I get the situation is supposed to be such that she kinda felt like she didn't have a choice, but betraying Aria like that was pretty crappy. Plus, unless I missed it, even though she gave Ella the tickets, she never received any money for that betrayal...unless the old lady dying was the work of A, and that's how she was rewarded.

I find myself having little interest in the Emily storyline, although it was nice to see the girl who played Kat on 10 Things I Hate about you again, even if she was the homophobic villain.

I wasn't that into the Spencer storyline either. Hopefully she and Emily will get better stuff to do in upcoming episodes.

And finally, though I've mentioned it before, Daaaaammmnnn did Aria look hot in that dress. I can see why Ezra is powerless to resist her, even though it could result in a jail sentence.

The Vampire Diaries

Another great episode, even though nothing much really happened. The Tyler/Caroline/Matt thing officially became a triangle with two kisses. Of course, that may not last too long after watching next week's promo.

Damon's storyline with Rose was by far the most compelling thing. Ian Somerhalder was really knocking it out of the park in all his scenes, especially his last one with Rose where he pulled an Of Mice and Men on her. Add that to the scene at the end where he broke down in front of and then killed that random woman, and you have some Emmy reel material in my mind...not that there's any chance of that actually happening.

Winter's Bone

First off, it still boggles my mind that someone from the Bill Engvall show is nominated for an Academy Award, but the girl earned it. She was great in this movie as Ree, the 17 year old survivor struggling to keep her family from losing the house that her meth-cooking father put up as collateral for his bail bond.

This isn't an uplifting movie by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to see a quality film. It is one of the best and most accurate portrayals of a small town that I've ever seen on film. The clothes are perfect. The houses are perfect. The way that people interact is perfect. If the director didn't spend some time in a place like this, then I'm genuinely surprised at how well her presented it onscreen. There were characters in this movie that are carbon copies of people that I know and have interacted with at my previous job, and there are times when it looks like they filmed the movie around where I live. It's that perfect.

The Town

Very decent flick. It didn't go how I was expecting it to, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner do great jobs, but the one who really surprised me is Blake Lively. She's not in the movie a ton, but she makes the most of every second. I've never been very impressed with her acting ability on Gossip Girl, but she really showed me something in this movie.

Randomness

If anyone cares to see them, I posted a pic of me and Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff on the picture thread, as well as pics of the autographs I got.

P.S. What do you guys think of my avie? I made it myself, and I think it came out more than decent.

Last edited by The Crow; 02-02-2011 at 11:37 AM
Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This wasn't directed at me, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't butt into other people's conversations with my own thoughts

I'm glad that you butted in because I would have had a difficult time compiling a large list. I would go along with you on the top three. I would add:

Eric and Tammy Taylor

Andy and Nina

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of that depends on if Linda Hamilton will come back, something I personally don't know haven't checked into.
I can't see how they could possibly justify her leaving again, unless she goes on frequent assignments...with periodic guest appearances.

I still have to watch PLL.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

An Inspirational Message From Leighton Meester

I can't stop laughing:
I made my icon.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

That's awesome.

I saw this video posted on the Chuck board and thought I'd post it here. Starting the Save Chuck campaign early.