Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Huh. That sucks, then. What did you think of Sarah Drew as demon? Did you at least enjoy that? Hee. I mean, I only really liked it for that, but maybe I'm also easily impressed with that kind of thing as a non-Supernatural watcher too.
Sarah was great(from what I remember). She did evil really well. Switching between human and a possessed demon can't be all that easy for an actor(esp. a guest star) but she did it justice.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 04-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Sarah was great(from what I remember). She did evil really well. Switching between human and a possessed demon can't be all that easy for an actor(esp. a guest star) but she did it justice.
Yes! I thought she did a great job too.

I bought both seasons of Pushing Daisies today and, damn, I forgot how happy this show makes me, hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I bought both seasons of Pushing Daisies today and, damn, I forgot how happy this show makes me, hee.
Remember to take a break from it now and again. You don't want to have a smile on your face forever! Lol.

Speaking of tv shows on dvd, I just purchased season 4 of How I Met Your Mother and Chapter 2 of Greek. Excellent shows if you haven't checked 'em out yet!
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 04-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

My mom got me season 4 of HIMYM for Christmas. Have you seen much of season 5, Shadow?
I made my icon.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh yeah, I've seen all of Season 5. Thankfully CBS had March Madness and all that to keep the show of the air for a bit. I only missed two episodes but I'm all caught up. What've you thought of the season so far Gabby? I think on the whole...I liked season 4 better(which sadly isn't saying much). Something is missing from the writing this year, IMO.

-Squall Leonhart
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, it seems dragging along a bit this season, but I'm still enjoying the show. I really can't wait to "meet" the other look-alikes towards the end of the season though as I saw on Wiki that the season finale is called Dopplegangers

And Grant, aw, Pushing Daisies. I have season 1 in the States and at some point, must get season 2. That show was just a gem.
I made my icon.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMagist (View Post)
Ok, of the following shows, which do you guys think I should get caught up on first? Smallville, Supernatural, Glee, Parenthood, or Life Unexpected. My laptop came the other day so I'm connected to the internet again! Woo!

I'm gonna go with anything but Supernatural. It's sucked monkey butt for most of the season in my opinion. The first couple episodes of Glee were subpar too, but the latest one was quite good.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Parks & Recreation

Not my favorite, but it had its moments.

Hmm. April's not knowing how many days March had didn't seem quite like her. I think she's been spending too much time with Andy, heh.

Tom's overdramatic reaction to Leslie with the car keys slayed me. "OWWWWW! Don't throw things at me!" Hee.

Awesome continuity continues to be awesome: Sweetums, the fragrance collection of Dennis Feinstein, Andy's FBI alter ego...

"When April was born, I was already in third grade. That means, back then, I would've been hanging out with a baby. I don't know anything about infant care... My God, I could've killed her!" Oh, Andy. Only from you would that explanation make any sense at all. But then he took a stand for her with Ron! Aw.

Why would the former Miss Pawnee Indiana have a Southern accent?

Curses! Now we've met April's sister. There goes that idea I had for bringing Sarah Drew onto the show. Well, then, it'll just have to be Community.

Finally: I want to find an excuse to use the phrase "Marchtember Oneteenth" in my life.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Community

The bullies were super obnoxious, but it was fun to see how fragile both Jeff and Britta are. Again. Heh. Jeff has become more and more insecure as the show has gone on.

I also liked the show dealing with how Price isn't funny or popular with anyone.

My favourite line of the night was the girl scouts going, "Have you seen a Chinese kid?" Great continuity of Professor Chang saying he has the body of a 5th grader.

I think we need an episode that doesn't have its main plot being a parody of a movie or genre, though. Cop buddy genre, the crime syndicate movie, and now Animal House? That's just a bit much.

Parks & Recreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
"When April was born, I was already in third grade. That means, back then, I would've been hanging out with a baby. I don't know anything about infant care... My God, I could've killed her!" Oh, Andy. Only from you would that explanation make any sense at all. But then he took a stand for her with Ron! Aw.
And this was my favourite line of this show. Hee. Although, if they're going to have all this tension until the finale...I'm going to hate it! I miss them being all sweet and adorable already and it's only been one episode. I think I might just be addicted.

Quote:
Curses! Now we've met April's sister. There goes that idea I had for bringing Sarah Drew onto the show. Well, then, it'll just have to be Community.
If it makes Sarah feel any better, April's family kind of sucked. I didn't even really see the point, although the nickname and Ron having been a singer was almost worth it, heh.

Leslie lines:
"We have an emergency. Someone is trying to alter a gazebo!" *most serious face ever*

"I'm so angry, I can't even think of another colour. Green!"

*apologetically* "I saw your penis."

I love Leslie! Second to Andy and Ann, she really is my favourite thing about the show.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 05-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Then you won't like next week, because it looks like they're parodying action movies, which I personally can't wait for.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Then you won't like next week, because it looks like they're parodying action movies, which I personally can't wait for.
Ohhh, no, I took back my comment to myself (heh) when I saw the commercial for next week and Annie popped up from a garbage bin with a garbage bin hat. I'm looking forward to that ep more than frickin' Lost this week!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Cool beans. Me too, since I'm still behind on Lost and probably won't get to watch the newest episode live.

A Nightmare on Elm Street

If I didn't have the old movie to compare to, then I'd have liked this one more. As a horror movie goes, it's nothing special. The characters are one dimensional and the story is nothing special. The kills are bloody as you'd expect, but nothing that creative or memorable. My main gripe is Freddy. I'm not someone who worships the ground that Robert Englund walks on, but I couldn't help but compare Jackie Earle Haley's performance with his, and the new Freddy comes up lacking. He has no personality and has no real menace to his character outside of the fact that his face is burnt and he has knives on his fingers. In fact, a lot of the time he looked more like an alien than a boogeyman.

The Losers

I was not disappointed in this one. I loved it from beginning to end, except for a plot twist that I didn't like a lot, but that didn't detract from the movie overall. The dialog was fun; the actors looked like they were having a great time, and the action scenes were shot creatively and scored interestingly...I mean, how many movies would use Don't Stop Believing as the background to an action sequence. Not many I'm sure.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Just saw this too, Alan. I had no intention of seeing this, but I found myself killing time at the mall with my dad while my mom and aunt shopped. Lol. As someone who does worship the ground Robert Englund walks on, as Freddy anyways, I hated it and I hated this Freddy. If Englund had been it, but the movie was exactly the same, I still would of been disappointed. But at least we would of had Freddy. This was a cold, mechanical exploit of a famous name made solely for modern audiences. The director has said before that he isn't really a fan of the Elm Street movies or know much about them, and it shows. The change in backstory was a massive mistake and lessens the character of Freddy. And the make-up was awful and just weird. They re-do some iconic scenes from the original, but they are awful, especially Freddy coming thru the wall. Looked like a CGI cartoon. Just awful. The teens were generic, the look of the movie unappealing, and was just not a real fun experience. Now, I like Jackie Earle Haley. He's a great actor, and he seems like a great guy too, but this just isn't for him. He isn't Freddy, but the script didn't serve him either. The original Elm Street (as well as the original Halloween) scared the living daylights out of me. The only two movies to do so. The only scary thing about this is that it did $32 million opening weekend and will pave the way to sequels to a reboot no one wanted, needed, or asked for. To Michael Bay and the rest of the Platinum Dunes crew....leave my childhood alone!!!. They'll be massacring The Monster Squad next.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/

Last edited by Barrybgb; 05-03-2010 at 02:07 PM
Old 05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

I'll be boycotting the Monster Squad remake, just as I'm boycotting the Karate Kid remake. I was gonna boycott the A-Team movie, but I've softened my stance, and now I'm gonna check it out.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I'll be boycotting the Monster Squad remake, just as I'm boycotting the Karate Kid remake. I was gonna boycott the A-Team movie, but I've softened my stance, and now I'm gonna check it out.
Yeah, I've had enough. I'll join you on the boycotts for Monster Squad and Karate Kid. I didn't really watch The A Team, but I've seen pics of the re-make. Liam Neeson looks good in the role.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread