Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

You can take Gossip Girl, Dollhouse, and Melrose Place out of mine, and add Community, V, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Being Erica, Psych, and White Collar to my regular shows list.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Done, Alan
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I believe it's the first season....but need someone else to confirm that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Yep. First season.

Modern Family is great, Michelle. We love it and I know you will too.
Thanks, you guys.

I am honestly looking for something to get into given that Lost is almost over so this just might be IT.

I will look to coughdownload the episodes I haven't seen yet.

*Hits head* It's an ABC show so I can catch up watching the episodes on their site. Just checked and it's a go! I'll watch the Pilot (and maybe a couple more episodes) tomorrow and post my thoughts.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Thanks, you guys.

*Hits head* It's an ABC show so I can catch up watching the episodes on their site. Just checked and it's a go! I'll watch the Pilot (and maybe a couple more episodes) tomorrow and post my thoughts.
Would I tell you to do something illegal?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the episodes. I don't think that I saw the pilot.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Would I tell you to do something illegal?

I am so lame, though, because I watch Lost on there sometimes so I can't believe when you said the show was on ABC I didn't make the connection and how easy it would be for me to simply watch on the site. LOL.

Quote:
Looking forward to your thoughts on the episodes. I don't think that I saw the pilot.
I know of a place that has it.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lost

I have been re-watching the past seasons and found these two exchanges very interesting in looking at where we are right now with the series concluding very shortly:

#1:

The first exchange is between Walt/Locke in 1.02:

Quote:
[Jack finds a straight-edge razor. Shot of Locke with the Backgammon pieces. Walt approaches, curious.]

WALT: What is it, like checkers?

LOCKE: Not really, it's a better game than checkers. You play checkers with your Pop?

WALT: No, I live in Australia with my mom.

LOCKE: You've got no accent.

WALT: Yeah, I know. We move a lot. She got sick. She died a couple of weeks ago.

LOCKE: You're having a bad month.

WALT: I guess.

LOCKE: Backgammon's the oldest game in the world. Archeologists found sets when they excavated the ancient ruins of Mesopotamia -- 5,000 years old. That's older than Jesus Christ.

WALT: Did they have dice and stuff?

LOCKE [nods]: But their dice weren't made of plastic. Their dice were made of bones.

WALT: Cool.

LOCKE: Two players. Two sides. One is light, one is dark. Walt, do you want to know a secret?
Locke knew something... right from the start.

#2:

Second exchange is between Jack/Kate in 1.03

Quote:
[Shot of Jack looking out to sea. Kate joins him.]

KATE: I want to tell you what I did - why he was after me.

JACK: I don't want to know. It doesn't matter, Kate, who we were - what we did before this, before the crash. It doesn't really—3 days ago we all died. We should all be able to start over.

KATE: Okay.

JACK: Okay.

[Hurley listening to his headphones. Jin looking at a sleeping Sun, touching her hair. Boone gives sunglasses to Shannon. Sayid with an apple, tosses it to Sawyer. Charlie writing "late" on his finger tapes. Claire sitting on the beach. Michael bringing Vincent to Walt with Locke looking on—nice song fades to creepy music.]
I find it very interesting how Jack says they all died 3 days ago, not to mention the insane amount of chemistry between Matt and Evangeline, heh.

Another thing I picked up was the apple offer Detective Sawyer gave Kate in the last episode and another apple exchange between Sayid and Sawyer in 1.03. There is some spec that an Adam/Eve type of situation is going on...

Anyway, I feel like there's layers of information in season 1 that directly pertains to the end of the series, how it might end, and as I discover this I feel like all the more there was such a beginning to end story comprised of substance in between that was extremely high in quality as everything runs together.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

First, thanks for the new thread, Grant. I'll post my updated TV list soon, but first..

Modern Family

Tonight's episode in New Zealand was episode 13, the one where Claire couldn't figure out technology and Jay thinks his friend Shorty is gay due to Mitchell putting the thought in his head.

I missed Alex and there wasn't nearly enough Cam, but it was pleasant to see Mel from Flight of the Conchords as Whitney, Manny's "date" turned makeover subject for Gloria.
I made my icon.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

The Truman Show

I've been so engrossed the reairing of this tonight that I've been watching it more than hockey!

Oh, it's just such a brilliant movie. It's not that it's all that significant or even original, but it's SO well executed. I've seen it way too many times, heh, and it always blows me away. How Truman watches the unreality of his life unravel and goes for truth, and how Cristoff watches his creation unravel. I'm not always a fan of Jim Carrey, but he is absolutely amazing in this one.

Also has a gorgeous score.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Master Fan

The Truman Show

I agree with every word you've said about the movie, Grant. Love it. Dad got it because he's a huge Philip Glass fan and PG did the score for the movie, but it's honestly one of my absolute favourite films of all always
I made my icon.

Last edited by BepperGirl; 04-26-2010 at 01:59 AM
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Michelle, I wish that I watched the show Lost so that I could respond to your thoughts. They look pretty profound!

Gaby, do you have any idea when Drop Dead Diva will return for the second season?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Michelle, I wish that I watched the show Lost so that I could respond to your thoughts. They look pretty profound!
Awe, thanks.

I wish you watched right along with me because it's a smart show that never dumbs down the audience... it is like Everwood in this way even if the content is vastly different... never will you be presented with something that doesn't make you think and think constantly and rather profoundly. The audience is always given an aura of maturity and wisdom based on the material presented because it is substance-filled with a flare of challenge and intrigue. Given your intellect and supreme sense of being able to break things down so perfectly you would shine while giving your thoughts on this show.

A side note that made me laugh... as I'm watching season 1 over again in one scene... the character of Claire walks up to Kate and asks her if she's a Gemini (she was correct since Kate confirmed as much) and Claire states she is big time into astrology and there's even a psychic in a sidestory who predicted so much of what ended up happening to Claire and her son, Aaron. I just chuckled about the astro bit specifically since it reminded me of the astro thread on the board and Claire season 1 with the mysticism/astrological interest I can definitely relate to... I never realized that until now... I have a lot of season 1 Claire inside of me, minus her being pregnant, thank God, heh.

Anyway... totally babbling so back on track... your son watches this show, right? If I remember correctly he told you last year, I believe, that way too much has gone down so watching a present season would not work out too well for you? I think he said something like that? He is very correct. You would have to start from the beginning and please do not rule this because I would love to discuss with you. Of course you would have a huge advantage of knowing if the series finale topped off the end to a wonderful series as well and you will know that in stone in only a few more weeks, too. You son and his buddies could marathon it with you I'm sure? It could be fun? Yes, I'm trying to get you to watch and I am making it very obvious, I know.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Drop Dead Diva
Quote:
Gaby, do you have any idea when Drop Dead Diva will return for the second season?
Yes, I do! I actually saw that information not that long ago.. it returns June 6th at 9pm Eastern, so I will have one episode before I'm off to Australia and my friend up in Auckland watches the show as well, so I'll probably get 2x02 and 2x03 from her when I'm visiting after Australia and then I should be able to see the rest live since I'll be back in the States by the time 2x04 airs
I made my icon.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You would have to start from the beginning and please do not rule this because I would love to discuss with you. Of course you would have a huge advantage of knowing if the series finale topped off the end to a wonderful series as well and you will know that in stone in only a few more weeks, too. You son and his buddies could marathon it with you I'm sure? It could be fun? Yes, I'm trying to get you to watch and I am making it very obvious, I know.
You honestly don't think it's too much and too late? How many seasons are there?

Thanks, Gaby. I'm really looking forward to that show.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
The Truman Show

I agree with every word you've said about the movie, Grant. Love it. Dad got it because he's a huge Philip Glass fan and PG did the score for the movie, but it's honestly one of my absolute favourite films of all always
It's seriously underrated, I think. I don't think it's possible to hate it, but I'm sure there are people who do hate it. I just can't imagine it is all.

Chuck is new tonight! Fina-frickin-ly!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Closed Thread   Post New Thread