Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Oh really? Interesting. It makes sense because both characters seem cut from the same cloth.
Yeah, it was an pretty interesting rumour.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I split them up into the pre wedding and post wedding episodes lol. I actually thought that the S2 finale was one of the decent episodes of that season and I actually liked outside of the BL/JP stuff.
Got it, lol. I figured it was related to wedding stuff. BL-related stuff season 2 finale makes my head spin.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah, it was an pretty interesting rumour.
I wonder if it means Sophia considered leaving? There are rumors going around that she left Chicago PD because of an ex on that show. There could be a pattern in place with her, lol.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Pretty much, which is why I didn't feel that bad for her.
I don't either.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I've heard that S7 and 9 were decent, but S8 sucked big time. I think it's pretty clear that he was pissed that Chad and Hil (moreso the latter) left the show and used any sitaution to take out on their character and relationships involving them, which sadly ruined six season of development for those relationships. I don't think he even tried to get Hilarie back after S6 and he turned down the chance of more Luke in S9 since Chad was more than open to coming back for the other episodes and even the series finale.
Season 7 for me is the worst out of 7, 8, 9 because I HATED seeing them try to replace Leyton with Clay and Quinn. Mark tried so hard to go there. Sorry, dude, didn't work. I loathed Clay from the moment he stepped on the screen and that continued until the credits rolled in the series finale. Couldn't. Stand. That. Character. Just hated him. I gave Quinn a slight break because she was Haley's sister but get her anywhere near Clay and I wanted to push her off the screen too. Only thing I liked about season 7 was the addition of Alex. I liked the character, love the actress/singer and she distracted me from the nightmare known as Clay and Quinn. Season 8 wasn't as bad for me because I got over the shock of season 7. Still, season 8 sucked, too. Season 9 was a somewhat better recovery since it went back to OTH roots just a bit and I liked that... well, whenever Clay and Quinn weren't torturing me on the screen. Yes, Mark's writing reflected his frustration over his main characters not being on the screen anymore which is rich because I think he was directly responsible for at least Hilarie leaving. If true, Hilarie wanted to stay but to Mark, she was packeged with Chad aka Leyton so if Chad left, Hilarie had to as well.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder if it means Sophia considered leaving? There are rumors going around that she left Chicago PD because of an ex on that show. There could be a pattern in place with her, lol.
The rumor was never confirmed and I am not sure to be honest. There is a video of event the Chicago PD cast had in Paris in June I believe. The clip is basically the closing part of the event. So the casts gets up and there is music and dancing. In the clip you pretty much see how Jesse gets away pretty soon after the music has started, he goes around in the back and comes to Sophia and they start talking about something. She is pretty smiley and really it does not look like they have some issues with each other. Also she pretty much complained on twitter that Jesse's character story was cut in Season 4. If she had issues with Jesse, she would not have defended his character that vocally on twitter.

So I am not sure that he is the reason that she decided to leave the show. There are other rumors about her leaving that I believe more. She is a strong defender for women rights and LGBT community. There is interview with her where she mentions that some of the guys on the set did not treat her with respect based on her gender. She does not give names. Then later on there is interview with Dick Wolf (Chicago franchise creator) where he is basically saying that Sophia leaving is not a loss for the show. If you ask me there are definitely issues there. I would say that Sophia left because of issues she had with Dick or someone else in the show and because she was not treated right as a woman and not because of her romantic issues.

Then again that might not be true either because there is Chicago PD event next year (March) and there will be specific section with Sophia and Jesse together. If Sophia had issues with Jesse I doubt that she would agree on such event. If she had issues with Dick same. So maybe it's just something personal for her and where she feels in her life and not so much about problems she has with people there.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Chemistry between the actors was magnificent.
They looked like a real couple .

Quote:
Chemistry between the two best friends was amazing too.
True . Especially Andrea and Melinda had great chemistry.

Quote:
This is why I love JLH so much... there is a pattern with her... she can conjure up chemistry with a wall if necessary. Not that the actors she's sharing the screen with are bad (they are not, very good in this series especially) but I've honestly never seen her have bad chemistry with anyone. She's really good at making things look compelling and authentic on both the small and large screen in all her roles.
I have not watched her in other stuff aside this so I can't comment on them, but in this show all the actors are great. It feels really authentic.

Quote:
You are almost done with the series!
Definitely .
Old 09-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Got it, lol. I figured it was related to wedding stuff. BL-related stuff season 2 finale makes my head spin.
Same here, it would be different if it wasn't only happening because of off screen reasons lol.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't either.
Will never understand why she went back there lol.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Maybe they were just worried that she might leave. I don't think she left PD for that reason and it seems like she had some issues with some people behind the scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
The rumor was never confirmed and I am not sure to be honest. There is a video of event the Chicago PD cast had in Paris in June I believe. The clip is basically the closing part of the event. So the casts gets up and there is music and dancing. In the clip you pretty much see how Jesse gets away pretty soon after the music has started, he goes around in the back and comes to Sophia and they start talking about something. She is pretty smiley and really it does not look like they have some issues with each other. Also she pretty much complained on twitter that Jesse's character story was cut in Season 4. If she had issues with Jesse, she would not have defended his character that vocally on twitter.

So I am not sure that he is the reason that she decided to leave the show. There are other rumors about her leaving that I believe more. She is a strong defender for women rights and LGBT community. There is interview with her where she mentions that some of the guys on the set did not treat her with respect based on her gender. She does not give names. Then later on there is interview with Dick Wolf (Chicago franchise creator) where he is basically saying that Sophia leaving is not a loss for the show. If you ask me there are definitely issues there. I would say that Sophia left because of issues she had with Dick or someone else in the show and because she was not treated right as a woman and not because of her romantic issues.

Then again that might not be true either because there is Chicago PD event next year (March) and there will be specific section with Sophia and Jesse together. If Sophia had issues with Jesse I doubt that she would agree on such event. If she had issues with Dick same. So maybe it's just something personal for her and where she feels in her life and not so much about problems she has with people there.
That's pretty similar to what I have heard
Old 09-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Season 7 for me is the worst out of 7, 8, 9 because I HATED seeing them try to replace Leyton with Clay and Quinn. Mark tried so hard to go there. Sorry, dude, didn't work. I loathed Clay from the moment he stepped on the screen and that continued until the credits rolled in the series finale. Couldn't. Stand. That. Character. Just hated him. I gave Quinn a slight break because she was Haley's sister but get her anywhere near Clay and I wanted to push her off the screen too. Only thing I liked about season 7 was the addition of Alex. I liked the character, love the actress/singer and she distracted me from the nightmare known as Clay and Quinn. Season 8 wasn't as bad for me because I got over the shock of season 7. Still, season 8 sucked, too. Season 9 was a somewhat better recovery since it went back to OTH roots just a bit and I liked that... well, whenever Clay and Quinn weren't torturing me on the screen. Yes, Mark's writing reflected his frustration over his main characters not being on the screen anymore which is rich because I think he was directly responsible for at least Hilarie leaving. If true, Hilarie wanted to stay but to Mark, she was packeged with Chad aka Leyton so if Chad left, Hilarie had to as well.
Okay, wasn't Season 7 awesome for Naley/Haley? It is from what I've heard. Leigh would agree with you about Clay. Didn't the writers push him and Nathan really hard in S8? I've seen comments from Lathan fans complaining about it. I find it weird that they just din't make Taylor an main character instead of Quinn tbh. I've heard the opposite about Hilarie's departure actually, since from what I've heard that Mark actually planned to kill Lucas off and have Peyton been an single mother to Sawyer, with Dan being the Uncle Keith in that situation (which would be his redemption and that's why Paul signed up for S7, before any of this went down). But due to Hil's reluctance for Peyton to end up with anyone else and factoring in that she didn't wanna play an character was always crying, she chose to leave the show instead (and nixing that whole storyline), so I think that's where Mark's bitterness comes from.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Yep. I regularly talk to someone who watches Fire, Med, and casually, PD. She's of the belief her reasoning for leaving (mistreatment) isn't sound based on what she's heard/following the actors like she does. I have no clue because I am not remotely following any of the Chicago shows. I couldn't even tell you who the actors are on Fire and Med minus the one that played Melissa on PLL/TD. There's also that thing like we talked about with Jesse's sister on Twitter too so there has to be a little bit of tense/drama there. Who knows why she truly left and we don't even know why she'd go to the event next year. It doesn't even make sense WHY she'd want to go to that event if supposedly her fellow male actors didn't treat her properly, you know? That seems weird. Something doesn't add up. It's like we only know half the story or the story is completely inaccurate to begin with. It doesn't add up. The one thing we do know is she has a pattern of dating or marrying her co-stars. Man, she married one and dated two on one show in One Tree Hill, lol. She dated one on PD. We know there's rumors she didn't want to be anywhere near Chad on the screen. I have a feeling she obviously didn't take her decision to leave PD lightly. She knows her character was a massive part of the show, and a huge ship as well. I can't imagine she didn't have discussions in some way in order to try and work it out. What I find interesting is how the network so easily let her go it appears.

Bottom line... there's just so many dots to connect and it's almost impossible to connect everything and have full understanding.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They looked like a real couple .

True . Especially Andrea and Melinda had great chemistry.

I have not watched her in other stuff aside this so I can't comment on them, but in this show all the actors are great. It feels really authentic.

Definitely .
Yeah. I just looked at Love's body of work and I bet I've watched about 90% of everything she's ever been in. She's just fabulous in the chemistry department with her fellow actors. She's soooooooooooo good. You would think if it was one show or one movie it could be luck but when it's everything I've seen her in the theme is her, both small and large screen. She's just really good. She reminds me of EVC... chemistry is there because of the acting. Love for the win. LOL
Old 09-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Okay, wasn't Season 7 awesome for Naley/Haley? It is from what I've heard. Leigh would agree with you about Clay. Didn't the writers push him and Nathan really hard in S8? I've seen comments from Lathan fans complaining about it. I find it weird that they just din't make Taylor an main character instead of Quinn tbh. I've heard the opposite about Hilarie's departure actually, since from what I've heard that Mark actually planned to kill Lucas off and have Peyton been an single mother to Sawyer, with Dan being the Uncle Keith in that situation (which would be his redemption and that's why Paul signed up for S7, before any of this went down). But due to Hil's reluctance for Peyton to end up with anyone else and factoring in that she didn't wanna play an character was always crying, she chose to leave the show instead (and nixing that whole storyline), so I think that's where Mark's bitterness comes from.
Season 7 Naley was okay outside of Clay taking up so much of Nathan's time and then the false accusations that he knocked someone up. Then there was Haley's depression too. It was an okay season for Naley but it goes back to Clay for me. Mark wanted him to be the new Lucas so he stole a ton of scenes, he took Nathan away from Haley quite a bit. Clay is also the worst sports agent on the planet and Nathan gets into trouble for trusting his stupid butt. I didn't know Leigh hated Clay too. Great minds. Yes, he was horrible. I feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about Clay. Hate! LOL It drove me crazy that Taylor was shoved aside. So many fans complained about that. It was ridiculous. She was also made to look really bad too in order to pimp Quinn. Wow, I've never heard that about Hilarie and that storyline. Interesting. I do know that Hilarie produced a video explaining in so many words she didn't want to leave OTH. It was a very direct video to her fans. You could kind of read between the lines that is what she was saying. Have you seen the video? I've only heard that rumor about Hilarie being pushed out because Chad didn't resign. Who knows?
Old 09-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Same here, it would be different if it wasn't only happening because of off screen reasons lol.
Right.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread