Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
LOL Yep.
Remember hearing rumours that the writers brought in Rachel as possible replacement if Sophia chose to leave the show.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apt (View Post)
hmmm...

I'd go:

1, 4, 6, 3, 2, 5, 9, 8, 7

7 is easily my worst. I hated the new characters so damn much. 7-9 as a rule, just no.

I know you didn't watch 7-9 (you were smart) so how would you rank 1-6?
1, 4, 3, 6. 5.01-5.12, 2, 5.13-5.18.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
1, 4, 3, 6. 5.01-5.12, 2, 5.13-5.18.
I'm going to have to look up the episodes of season 5 specifically to figure out why you listed it in that manner, lol. I mean, I have an idea but want to be sure.

Seasons 2 and 5 for me I don't love as a result because that finale of 2 and LL lasting far too long. But then again, it could be worse. Seasons 7-9 made sure of that.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-06-2017 at 11:43 AM
Old 09-06-2017, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Same here, it's always an dumb move imo to get an show going after you lose one main character, let alone two.
Exactly. I'm shocked Mark believed it was possible to go another few seasons. He got away with it because he had some faithful fans but from a creative/storyline perspective the show was essentially over right when those finale of 6 credits rolled.

I will always dislike his passive aggressive writing in seasons 7-9 as well. He made it seem like Lucas and Peyton (Peyton especially) abandoned Brooke and Tree Hill in general for their own selfish needs. It was really weird how he talked about Leyton and their refusal to return. Brooke would utter these lines like she was in victim-mode essentially abandoned. I don't know if he went there because he tried getting Chad and Hilarie back for guest starring roles and it didn't happen until season 9 with Chad or what but he clearly took something out on the characters. Plus, when Lucas returned for an episode in season 9, he was reduced to scenes at an airport with Haley, nothing else. It was strange and I believe, deliberate. I was at least satisfied that off screen we knew Leyton were happy and just fine, though. At least he didn't mess with them off screen.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think she was pretty naive if she thought they would work in S1, but after that she should have known better.
Definitely. The thing is I think Brooke knew post-season 1 it was doomed but she still went there hoping for a miracle. She didn't even seem surprised when Lucas was consistently emotionally unavailable. Doesn't mean she loved it, but I feel like she wasn't surprised as he was proving what she already knew.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yep, when you have to gloss over his actions in order to make his feelings seem believable, you know you are stuffed lol.
Haha exactly.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Remember hearing rumours that the writers brought in Rachel as possible replacement if Sophia chose to leave the show.
Oh really? Interesting. It makes sense because both characters seem cut from the same cloth.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

So, Cheryl Blossom is coming to Fan Days Dallas in October, so I'm probably going to go as well.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
So, Cheryl Blossom is coming to Fan Days Dallas in October, so I'm probably going to go as well.
LOL Nice! The actress seems really cool.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love the actor who played Jim too. Wow, really interesting. I can digest the storyline of Jim dying and his Energy taking over another body better knowing it was always meant to be if true. Glad he stuck around because like you, I really liked him.
Yeah the only reason I accept the story is because I like the actor too much. They had great chemistry with Jennifer. They have never had relationship, but on the screen it felt so authentic and real. I kind of would forget that they are TV characters.

I am now on Season 5 and so far it's still unclear how much powerful Aidan is. Really interested in that story. And the kid is so cute.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yeah the only reason I accept the story is because I like the actor too much. They had great chemistry with Jennifer. They have never had relationship, but on the screen it felt so authentic and real. I kind of would forget that they are TV characters.

I am now on Season 5 and so far it's still unclear how much powerful Aidan is. Really interested in that story. And the kid is so cute.
Chemistry between the actors was magnificent. Chemistry between the two best friends was amazing too. This is why I love JLH so much... there is a pattern with her... she can conjure up chemistry with a wall if necessary. Not that the actors she's sharing the screen with are bad (they are not, very good in this series especially) but I've honestly never seen her have bad chemistry with anyone. She's really good at making things look compelling and authentic on both the small and large screen in all her roles.

You are almost done with the series!
Old 09-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm going to have to look up the episodes of season 5 specifically to figure out why you listed it in that manner, lol. I mean, I have an idea but want to be sure.

Seasons 2 and 5 for me I don't love as a result because that finale of 2 and LL lasting far too long. But then again, it could be worse. Seasons 7-9 make sure of that.
I split them up into the pre wedding and post wedding episodes lol. I actually thought that the S2 finale was one of the decent episodes of that season and I actually liked outside of the BL/JP stuff.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly. I'm shocked Mark believed it was possible to go another few seasons. He got away with it because he had some faithful fans but from a creative/storyline perspective the show was essentially over right when those finale of 6 credits rolled.

I will always dislike his passive aggressive writing in seasons 7-9 as well. He made it seem like Lucas and Peyton (Peyton especially) abandoned Brooke and Tree Hill in general for their own selfish needs. It was really weird how he talked about Leyton and their refusal to return. Brooke would utter these lines like she was in victim-mode essentially abandoned. I don't know if he went there because he tried getting Chad and Hilarie back for guest starring roles and it didn't happen until season 9 with Chad or what but he clearly took something out on the characters. Plus, when Lucas returned for an episode in season 9, he was reduced to scenes at an airport with Haley, nothing else. It was strange and I believe, deliberate. I was at least satisfied that off screen we knew Leyton were happy and just fine, though. At least he didn't mess with them off screen.
I've heard that S7 and 9 were decent, but S8 sucked big time. I think it's pretty clear that he was pissed that Chad and Hil (moreso the latter) left the show and used any sitaution to take out on their character and relationships involving them, which sadly ruined six season of development for those relationships. I don't think he even tried to get Hilarie back after S6 and he turned down the chance of more Luke in S9 since Chad was more than open to coming back for the other episodes and even the series finale.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Definitely. The thing is I think Brooke knew post-season 1 it was doomed but she still went there hoping for a miracle. She didn't even seem surprised when Lucas was consistently emotionally unavailable. Doesn't mean she loved it, but I feel like she wasn't surprised as he was proving what she already knew.
Pretty much, which is why I didn't feel that bad for her.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Haha exactly.
Kinda dumb if you ask me lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread