Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2024, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Way better creative choice. I’m typically in favor of anything based on a book series being fairly accurate or sometimes it can drive me crazy. LOL. However, if the change is for the better (like changing up father and son on Roswell) then I’m good with it.
It also depends on what type of book it is. I would not call the books iconic you know. It is not like we are talking about the Harry Potter book series.

Quote:
Kyle had some feelings for Isabel but she didn’t return. I read an article where it can be interpreted as eventually they would since they were going with the other four but obviously it’s open to interpretation.
Yep, definitely open to interpretation .

Quote:
What?! Did the freaken remake want to assassinate Maria?! How do you have her not with Michael romantically or Liz as a BFF? That’s ridiculous and maddening. Like you said, it’s criminal. Wow. A major butchering.
Well I might have dreamt it but it I think I remember that even there was some cliffhanger if Maria will die so they literally and figuratively tried to assassinate her. IMO the creator just did not get huge part of the appeal of Roswell story. Maria/Liz is an iconic female friendship and I can't even understand how as a woman she did not find it important to honour it.

Quote:
That’s interesting.

I ADORED Liz in those episodes.
Same. The scene with Liz where is sorting out photos with Alex is very key for me and I have watched it multiple times. The music is great but you can also feel what Liz is feeling at this moment.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It also depends on what type of book it is. I would not call the books iconic you know. It is not like we are talking about the Harry Potter book series.
That is an excellent point. The Harry Potter series is a perfect example. I needed anger management assistance after viewing each film. JK.

Quote:
Yep, definitely open to interpretation .
That is cool too, leaving it open.

Quote:
Well I might have dreamt it but it I think I remember that even there was some cliffhanger if Maria will die so they literally and figuratively tried to assassinate her. IMO the creator just did not get huge part of the appeal of Roswell story. Maria/Liz is an iconic female friendship and I can't even understand how as a woman she did not find it important to honour it.
This is repulsive. They also toyed with killing her off? No wonder the series did not last long going by the norm of that network at the then. I just checked, the original had more episodes. Good. What an absolute joke.

Quote:
Same. The scene with Liz where is sorting out photos with Alex is very key for me and I have watched it multiple times. The music is great but you can also feel what Liz is feeling at this moment.
You wouldn’t have a link to that moment? I remember it but now want to see it again.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That is an excellent point. The Harry Potter series is a perfect example. I needed anger management assistance after viewing each film. JK.
It might be the most popular case of a movie butchering the books .

Quote:
That is cool too, leaving it open.
I think this was better than tying everything with a bow you know. Especially with the context around Season 3 - the FBI, the alien task force etc. It just would have been too much positivity and romanticism for the story.

Quote:
This is repulsive. They also toyed with killing her off? No wonder the series did not last long going by the norm of that network at the then. I just checked, the original had more episodes. Good. What an absolute joke.
I don’t think that it is fully toying with the idea of killing her off, but I do think she was in alien danger at some point of the show. Just fans wondered because it was clear that Maria in this new show as not as key as Maria was in the old show. She quite often was separated from the main story and Liz. She was the side pice of Michael, not his first love and to top of it she knew that her best friend is her competition for Michael. Just reading between the lines you don’t get the sense that Maria was respected character in the new show. The actress looks awesome btw and I did like her but just she did not get the best storyline.

Quote:
You wouldn’t have a link to that moment? I remember it but now want to see it again.
Could not find link to that scene. However it is the end of the 17th episode of Season 2 with title “Cry your name”.
Old 02-18-2024, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It might be the most popular case of a movie butchering the books .
100%.

Quote:
I think this was better than tying everything with a bow you know. Especially with the context around Season 3 - the FBI, the alien task force etc. It just would have been too much positivity and romanticism for the story.
That’s so true. It felt way more realistic.

Quote:
I don’t think that it is fully toying with the idea of killing her off, but I do think she was in alien danger at some point of the show. Just fans wondered because it was clear that Maria in this new show as not as key as Maria was in the old show. She quite often was separated from the main story and Liz. She was the side pice of Michael, not his first love and to top of it she knew that her best friend is her competition for Michael. Just reading between the lines you don’t get the sense that Maria was respected character in the new show. The actress looks awesome btw and I did like her but just she did not get the best storyline.
Craziness. I can’t even believe that’s how Maria was constructed and portrayed. It’s a real shame.

Quote:
Could not find link to that scene. However it is the end of the 17th episode of Season 2 with title “Cry your name”.
I’ll check it out soon, thanks!
Old 02-18-2024, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Who did you like Phoebe with? David or Mike?
I liked Mike, he was great. Never cared about David tbh. But, I actually always wanted her with Joey lol.

Quote:
It was lame. The writers/creators reassured them it would be nothing. What they don’t understand is way too much time was wasted on the unrequited feelings Joey thought he had, then Rachel, then Ross finds out and the second Joey and Rachel give it a try they cannot even go there because they aren’t feeling romantic and knew it was friendship. Not that I wanted them to feel anything but it was a reminder of how many episodes were wasted on this.
This. I really loved them as roommates and I hated when Joey started having feelings. It just felt weird, and annoying. And like you said, they wasted WAY too much time. If he liked her for like 3 eps then fine, but they dragged it out over multiple seasons just for it to not go anywhere? I was so glad it didn't but rachel reciprocating feelings was too far! It just cheapens all three of those characters imo.

Quote:
Then... he doesn't even show up at the police station, at the party he was chilling and all but did not wear what she thought he was wearing and he was acting a bit cold and didn't want to talk much.

I think partially she was kind of worried and wondering why he did not show up at the police station. I do not think she expected they were going to be dating or together but at least communication of hello, an explanation of why he wasn't at the police station.
Yeah, but like you said, she is smart. She knew why he didnt show up... he clearly was having a hard time with the robbery. I didn't really get the impression he didnt want to talk, because he was just at the party with his friends and stuff? And they arent dating, it was never expected that they would hang out.

Idk, if you look at it from Ben's perspective its like, hes a single guy. He connected with Felicity as friends but it doesnt mean he needs to be with her all the time.
Quote:
did he have to come with a new necklace? That was touching, very special, very emotional
I think it was his way of apologizing for blowing her off and making her feel bad. He def. knew he wanted to keep the friendship because I think he realizes that he can open up to Felicity.

Maybe we should up Felicity to 2 eps a week, and they can be watched at any time during the week? Cuz I am finding myself having some withdrawals.

Old 02-18-2024, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Agreed.

S9 has to be the worst for me due to Joey and Rachel. Nothing came of it but all those episodes leading up in S8 and early S10… but S9 was the most annoying. It was DUMB. None of the six wanted this crap. Matt, David and Jen especially were speaking out. I even remember Cox and Kudrow speaking out. It was lame. The writers/creators reassured them it would be nothing. What they don’t understand is way too much time was wasted on the unrequited feelings Joey thought he had, then Rachel, then Ross finds out and the second Joey and Rachel give it a try they cannot even go there because they aren’t feeling romantic and knew it was friendship. Not that I wanted them to feel anything but it was a reminder of how many episodes were wasted on this. On top of it all, I hate the theory that men and women cannot be just friends. Rachel moves in with Joey and he HAD to think he was falling for her. Ridiculous. If they wanted to spend time on another possible pairing they should have done Joey and Phoebe. It was jokingly hinted throughout the series. It probably would have been corny pairing off all six but do Joey and Phoebe instead of pointless Joey and Rachel only to have them find out they were better off as only friends. The Joey and Phoebe stuff at least would have made slight sense.
Same here, still don't understand why the creators thought spending all of the time on Joey/Rachel only for it to go nowhere was a good idea.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
100%.
Are there book fans that did not feel the way you do? I think only people that have not read the books are OK with the movie. At least this was impression.

Quote:
That’s so true. It felt way more realistic.
Yep .

Quote:
Craziness. I can’t even believe that’s how Maria was constructed and portrayed. It’s a real shame.
For us it is as we have watched the original and we know what was the story there. Maria and Liz in the new show have nothing in common with the old one. I think fans that have watched only the new show did like it and Michael/Alex have a lot of fans as pairing. However for anyone old enough to have watched the original, the feeling is different.

Quote:
I’ll check it out soon, thanks!
Welcome!
Old 02-19-2024, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I liked Mike, he was great. Never cared about David tbh. But, I actually always wanted her with Joey lol.
I was never hardcore for any of the friends ships.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Same. LOL.

I thought David was a weird choice. Mike was a good option but I always had a soft spot for Joey and Phoebe. I guess they thought it would be too wrapped up in a bow putting all six together. And the title of the show was Friends too. LOL. But sorry, if Joey fell for any of the three it should have been Phoebe.

Quote:
This. I really loved them as roommates and I hated when Joey started having feelings. It just felt weird, and annoying. And like you said, they wasted WAY too much time. If he liked her for like 3 eps then fine, but they dragged it out over multiple seasons just for it to not go anywhere? I was so glad it didn't but rachel reciprocating feelings was too far! It just cheapens all three of those characters imo.
Precisely. It literally drags three seasons from the start. It’s ridiculous. So much time was wasted on something that was never going anywhere. Totally agree, it cheapens all three during the time. It was so dumb. The biggest mistake of the series by far.

Quote:
Yeah, but like you said, she is smart. She knew why he didnt show up... he clearly was having a hard time with the robbery. I didn't really get the impression he didnt want to talk, because he was just at the party with his friends and stuff? And they arent dating, it was never expected that they would hang out.

Idk, if you look at it from Ben's perspective it’s like, hes a single guy. He connected with Felicity as friends but it doesnt mean he needs to be with her all the time.
That is true. Ben absolutely did not owe Felicity anything. He certainly wasn’t to blame for his behavior. Especially knowing what he was going through at the time. But I am glad they had words exchanged and the fight because it needed to happen. Felicity definitely snapped out of the fantasy. I don’t know if she goes right back into it later on. LOL. But in this episode, she was able to see the light which she really needed.

Quote:
I think it was his way of apologizing for blowing her off and making her feel bad. He def. knew he wanted to keep the friendship because I think he realizes that he can open up to Felicity.
It was so sweet and heartfelt.

Quote:
Maybe we should up Felicity to 2 eps a week, and they can be watched at any time during the week? Cuz I am finding myself having some withdrawals.
We could do that. We don’t even have to be sensitive to if everyone has watched. Like literally if you watch ahead of me I just won’t read your thoughts until I watch. But we can definitely do two episodes a week starting Friday’s and kind of do it independently and then exchange with each other naturally?

That is totally fine by me.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Same here, still don't understand why the creators thought spending all of the time on Joey/Rachel only for it to go nowhere was a good idea.
Right? I never even realized until I just looked back that the stupid story technically started in S8 and didn’t officially conclude until the first couple episodes of S10. Absolutely ridiculous. The actors wanted no part of it which is what blows me away. I’m not saying the actors had the power to dictate the writing; but still, if anyone understands the characters, it would be the actors, and all six of them despised the storyline. Why go there? Ridiculous.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I was never hardcore for any of the friends ships.
That was probably the best way to approach it. I fell hard for Ross and Rachel right away, and never stopped. LOL. I thought Monica and Chandler was a nice surprise but didn’t ship really, I just went along for the ride. I had a soft spot for Joey and Phoebe.

So I was into it.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Are there book fans that did not feel the way you do? I think only people that have not read the books are OK with the movie. At least this was impression.
Precisely. I think most diehard book fans do not love the movies. I don’t really know how you could because they are completely different. Sam can jump in here because he knows exactly what I’m saying as he hates the movies as much as I do. I think that if you are very passionate as a book fan, there’s no way you can fully appreciate the movies. The only way would be if you make an effort to say they are completely different and the movies give maybe a slight glimpse of the world, but as a rule, they aren’t even close to the books. Like if you can separate that is one thing. But you really hit it… as a rule if you haven’t read the books and just watch the movies, most people enjoy the hell out of the movies.

Quote:

Yep .

For us it is as we have watched the original and we know what was the story there. Maria and Liz in the new show have nothing in common with the old one. I think fans that have watched only the new show did like it and Michael/Alex have a lot of fans as pairing. However for anyone old enough to have watched the original, the feeling is different.

Welcome!
That makes complete sense. It’s kind of what we’re talking about with Harry Potter in a weird way… if you read the books it is difficult to fully love the movies. They are a different beast. If you have watched and loved the original Roswell, watching Roswell New Mexico for most has to be very frustrating. But I could see if you just watch Roswell New Mexico and know nothing about the original and the classic characters, you could enjoy the series without any knowledge. But then again, like you said, I think it’s more intense for Harry Potter just because the books are classics but you know what I mean using this loose parallel.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought David was a weird choice. Mike was a good option but I always had a soft spot for Joey and Phoebe. I guess they thought it would be too wrapped up in a bow putting all six together. And the title of the show was Friends too. LOL. But sorry, if Joey fell for any of the three it should have been Phoebe.
Personally I would have preferred to have joey/phoebe rather than chandler/monica but maybe thats just me lol.

I was def. die hard ross/rachel, but over time that has lessened a lot. Still love them. I have issues with how they were written though, they just waited way too long. They should have gotten together after Rachels pregnancy imo.

Anyways, lets try the 2 felicity thing, and we will see how it goes! if its too much for anyone at any point we can slow down, or take a hiatus or whatever. Im gonna watch ep 6 today then!

Old 02-19-2024, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Personally I would have preferred to have joey/phoebe rather than chandler/monica but maybe thats just me lol.
Not just you, I agree completely.

I remember watching the London episodes with my sister. We were both in agreement that it was funny and we were generally OK with Chandler and Monica. But at the same time, both made a comment that it probably means since Ross and Rachel will inevitably get back together so our soft spot and desire for Joey and Phoebe to find each other won’t happen because they won’t get all three couples together. So we were bummed. Like we knew it was the end of Joey and Phoebe happening and it sucked. Then I remember watching Chandler and Monica achieve certain milestones and thinking... damn, that should have been Ross and Rachel.

Quote:
I was def. die hard ross/rachel, but over time that has lessened a lot. Still love them. I have issues with how they were written though, they just waited way too long. They should have gotten together after Rachels pregnancy imo.
God yes. That’s what burns me up. They should’ve reunited and stayed together the rest of the series after Rachel’s pregnancy. There could’ve been some funny episodes and even dramatic ones with both Ross and Rachel wondering if they were just reuniting for Emma. Then they could recall and remember and understand how they have always been in love with each other. So Rachel getting pregnant was a meant to be sign, not something that forced them back together.

Quote:
Anyways, lets try the 2 felicity thing, and we will see how it goes! if its too much for anyone at any point we can slow down, or take a hiatus or whatever. Im gonna watch ep 6 today then!
Okay!

So, should we say this Friday is officially 1.6 & 1.7 between Friday and next Friday?
Old 02-19-2024, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Then I remember watching Chandler and Monica achieve certain milestones and thinking... damn, that should have been Ross and Rachel.
Yeah, if anything i feel like monica and chandler should have just been a quick fling and nothing serious.... where neither of them had genuine feelings. But i guess the fans really liked them, or maybe they would have been.

I am okay with pining and angst, so it didnt bother me that rr didnt get the m/c storyline and stuff, but it could have been cute/funny had r/r been sneakling around the second time and had the engagement and all that stuff instead, for sure. But, even if m/c still had that, RR should have had their own more deeper plot going rather than random crushes on each other here and there for multiple seasons.

Come to think of it, how funny would it have been had joey and phoebe hooked up the way monica and chandler had instead? but i guess they were always supposed to be the sort of goofy characters? idk.

Yeah sure! Lets do that....

I did watch 106 already though. I will prob. watch 107 this weekend or early next week.

This ep was a bit of a bummer ep after this week. From what I remember, I am trying to get to ep 10 lol.

BF hanging out in the beginning was great. Ben getting so close to Felicity/almost kissing her, come on! You can't tell me he wasn't thinking about it with how he was looking at her lips???? Then the door moment? Like, sirrrrr back up.... lol. I def. think at this point Ben was thinking about Felicity as a bit more than a friend....

Felicity rewriting the paper was INSANE! Girl why! A few words or even a sentence, sure, but dang, not the whole paper! Poor Ben. With that said, I do think he slightly overreacted in the way he yelled at her in the hallway... He was pretty mean, but I think its understandable because hes thinking he could get expelled.

Couldnt they have gone straight to the teacher and just said that they wrote the paper together? I thought Ben had the right idea to try to learn the paper and then memorize what was written, but that's obviously too hard if he doesn't even understand some of the words or concepts.

Noel was sweet to try to get more info for Felicity. It was also sweet to go to Ben to try to help out. He's a good guy and its obvious he does care a lot about Felicity. But its a bit of a pattern here... Felicity pining for Ben and doing wacky things, Ben being wish washy, and Noel just chasing after Felicity lol...

Blair is sweet and persistent but idk, I'm not really feeling that relationship. They kinda skipped over the starting stages and I wanted to see them maybe as friends first getting to know each other before they immediately jump into this dating storyline.

Same with zach/julie... Zach is cute ish, but idk I am not really feeling the chemistry there. They dont seem to fit together imo.

Ben revealing he didnt write the paper was ughhhhh. Though, I suppose it was the right ting to do. Then Felicity did the right thing too coming in and admitting ehr role, but idk, they could have done this in a better way? I feel like it was unrealistic that they weren't at least suspended. I am glad they weren';t but it sucks Ben's original paper was a B paper, and now they both get F's. Don't really blame Ben for being upset with her still...

Also, I got asked out on a date by this guy that I met at the dealership when I took my car in... he is very nice and we click over text but i am feeling really anxious about going on a date and anything that might follow afterwards. Why am I like this???

Closed Thread   Post New Thread