Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2022, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash 8.12: Death Rises

I like these thoughts:

Quote:
Jesse L. Martin sold the hell out of the pep talk, but it really did just boil down to Joe saying "Don't fret: you usually figure things out eventually!" At this point, they should just go ahead and break the fourth wall and have him say "Listen, Barry! You know how this goes. We tread water for the majority of the season, but once we get around to the penultimate episode, you find a solution. Come finale time, you save the day! Then we get a tease for our big baddie next season and then it's just rinse and repeat!"

So, Deathstorm's grand plan is to take Caitlin and.... make her his wife? And that's why he is killing all of these people/taking their grief? So that he can turn her into a version of him? Sheesh, Deathstorm? Did you even try online dating or hit up a bar first before taking this drastic approach? Hey, I'm sure there is some that would be down for you and dig your fire and Ghost Rider-ish style!

Still not sure what to make of Iris and her time sickness stuff, but as long as it keeps Sue around, I'm not going to complain.

Deathstorm plays mind games with Allegra by bringing back Esperanza and he now might be doing the same with bringing back Eddie for Iris?

If Kramer really wanted help with adjusting to this new phase in her life (working with The Flash, dealing with crazy meta stuff), she should really hit up Singh. But does the show even remember that he exists anymore?
Quote:
Really show? Another supervillain obsessed with Caitlin? Not only have we done this story a million times, it takes a cool idea for a villain and just makes him another generic "cackling bad guy hot for one of the main female characters" villain we've all seen before. I was also annoyed by how easily everyone just moved past how Caitlin really screwed them over by going rogue. I know that Team Flash are a very forgiving bunch and I am sure they didn't want to pile on her while she was clearly very distraught, she knows she screwed up, but I feel like it would be realistic if they showed even a second of frustration at her going behind their backs to do this dangerous thing for her own personal reasons, letting her feelings cloud her judgement to do something stupid that got several people killed. This show treats Caitlin and Frost with such kid gloves, more than anyone else, even when they probably deserve at least a "please don't pull this crap again" speech. Barry is still team leader, going behind his back should warrant at least a minor slap on the wrist.

Barry throwing Chester a quick "I know you can do it" compliment was a nice little moment. If nothing else, the last few seasons have showed Barry really maturing and settling in as a real leader to his team, he tends to make solid choices these days, knows how to give his team the encouragement they need, and plays voice of reasons to the often questionable choices of his team, especially post crisis.

Using Deathstorm as a gimmick to bring back dead characters is a decent idea, although this show has already done that before, and much better than what I think we will get here. At least ghost Eddie will possibly bring Iris back into the main plot.

I hate this Time Sickness thing and its connection to the stupid time forces, who I am happy to pretend don't exist. Why do they insist on keeping Iris off in her own stupid subplots instead of interacting with the rest of the characters, including her own damn husband? I am begging for some good Iris/Barry content, and I am left taking the sorry scraps they throw my way. At least its keeping Sue around, which I am always happy about.

Barry getting a new power up was cool, too bad it didn't do much.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

The Flash 8.13: Death Falls

Quote:
Can we find a way to keep Rick Cosnett around as some kind of villain? He was pretty awesome as the evil variation of Eddie and I would so watch a seasonal arc of him sneering and preening for the camera. He struck the right balance of underplaying some aspects but devouring the scenery when the time called for it too. Making me wish they didn't write him out as early as they did.

I know I was suppose to feel emotionally broken about Frost's death, but all I could think of was "Well, I guess Danielle Panabaker was tired of playing two different characters and either she rather not have to deal with the wig and make-up anymore or the show itself was finding a way to cut back on the CGI budget" with her exit. It just felt strangely per-functionary and despite the cast trying to sell that final scene, it just left me cold (err, pun not attended, I swear.) It just kind of felt like they didn't know what else to do with her at this point, since her main purposes seem to be making snarky comments and then being the first offense against a baddie and mainly get knocked down and thrown around until Flash/Barry shows up. At the risk of sounding heartless, from a show standpoint, nothing is really going to be lost here outside how it effects the other characters going forward.

That said, I will definitely miss her if this means freaking Chillblaine sticks around. Really hope him finding out that Barry is The Flash (seriously?! Who in Central City doesn't know by now?!) doesn't mean he's actually going to join Team Flash. Especially when they've got a perfectly good Sue here who really should have joined up a few seasons ago, honestly.

At least the Deathstorm arc was a fun way to bring back Cosnett and Robbie Amell again. Also fun seeing Michelle Harrison get to be evil again as well.
To add, Sue needs to stay. She gets along beautifully with Barry and Iris, is quick thinking and good at the groundwork of solving cases, is not afraid to stand up to grief monsters, and is good for some one-liners. The Flash needs more humor, I miss the early seasons where they still had some fun on the team. Sue is amazing and we don’t need Ralph for her to permanently stick around. If necessary, get a new actor for Ralph but Sue needs to stay.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Completely caught up with Riverdale and The Flash.

Now back to finishing up Stranger Things S3 before S4 arrives!
Old 05-10-2022, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
The Flash 8.13: Death Falls

To add, Sue needs to stay. She gets along beautifully with Barry and Iris, is quick thinking and good at the groundwork of solving cases, is not afraid to stand up to grief monsters, and is good for some one-liners. The Flash needs more humor, I miss the early seasons where they still had some fun on the team. Sue is amazing and we don’t need Ralph for her to permanently stick around. If necessary, get a new actor for Ralph but Sue needs to stay.
Still annoyed about how the stuff with Ralph's actor ruined any chance of Sue being a regular on the show, since she's always great when she appears imo.
Old 05-10-2022, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Are you caught up on Riverdale?

I still haven't watched the last two Flash and last two Riverdale. I have to watch today/tomorrow!
Just need to watch the latest episode of the Riverdale
Old 05-10-2022, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Just need to watch the latest episode of the Riverdale
Got it. Wish we’d get some clarity on what is going on already. There’s no way it’s the real Riverdale.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Still annoyed about how the stuff with Ralph's actor ruined any chance of Sue being a regular on the show, since she's always great when she appears imo.
I agree so much. I loved the character of Sue from the moment she appeared on The Flash. Not just a little, A LOT. I adore the character of Sue. She lights it up. Everything about this character is awesome and Natalie Dreyfuss plays her to perfection. The disgusting vile actor who played Ralph should never have affected her place on this show. At least she has returned but I don’t want her to disappear! Everywhere I look people agree with us and want Sue to stay.

I like this:

The Flash: Natalie Dreyfuss Talks Sue Dearbon's Return and Evolution
Old 05-10-2022, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 05-10-2022, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Stranger Things 3.2

- Wow, that character death at the end of the episode due to Billy I assume possessed (?) was absolutely awful. I watched it very early this morning and could hardly sleep it was so scary.

- Plus, that rat goo was disturbing.

+++ The science teacher playing My Bologna when Joyce showed up was a fun nod to one of the most memorable moments in Reality Bites when Winona and friends dance to My Sharona. Mr. Clarke is great and I hope he plays a bigger role this season.

- One of the things I love about Stranger Things is seeing the different plotlines running parallel where one or more characters has picked up a part of the thread and investigating. Then finally converging in the final episodes. This season. Nancy and Jonathan with the rats, Joyce with the magnets, Dustin, Steve and Robin with the Russian transmission.

- Max and Eleven, and the montage of them having fun and El acting like a regular girl was fun. As bad as I feel for Mike I loved Eleven telling him "I dump your ass" as Foreigner's "Cold as Ice" started playing!

- Eleven and Max's mall escapade to "Material Girl" brought back so many memories.

- I love how Mr. Clark is basically everyone’s go to science expert, and how excited he is to help even without any context to the other stuff going on! He is so lovably geeky and I love how they use him in the show.

- Robin is a great new character.

- Hopper obviously scared Mike but his lying to Eleven over and over wasn’t the way to go. He should have just told her what was going on and stopped the excessive lying about his grandmother.

Like these thoughts:

Quote:
The Material Girl sequence was so amazing, I want to watch it a billion times over and over. The guy working at the photo place that is super into his job, El using her powers to get some minor revenge on a mean girl, the boys looking into a Victoria Secret style store and running away in horror, it was just a delight. Max and El are so cute, I am really glad they had them bond more this season.

I like Robin, giving Steve **** but also jumping right into the adventures with Dustin and Steve. Speaking of, the dynamic duo is reunited! They're friendship is so adorable, and they make such an endearingly awesome team. Robin seems like a good fit with them, I hope that she can meet the rest of the gang, even if the whole story is probably a bit...much.

Mike is such an idiot, but it all seems very realistic for a 13 year old with his first girlfriend, especially one he has such an intense relationship with. Really, they're handling the kids entering their teens really well. They make dumb choices and can be little ****s, but in ways that come across as really natural for kids their age, especially after everything thats happened.
Bring on 3.3!
Old 05-11-2022, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Got it. Wish we’d get some clarity on what is going on already. There’s no way it’s the real Riverdale.
Same here, sure we will find out more soon.

Quote:
I agree so much. I loved the character of Sue from the moment she appeared on The Flash. Not just a little, A LOT. I adore the character of Sue. She lights it up. Everything about this character is awesome and Natalie Dreyfuss plays her to perfection. The disgusting vile actor who played Ralph should never have affected her place on this show. At least she has returned but I don’t want her to disappear! Everywhere I look people agree with us and want Sue to stay.

I like this:

The Flash: Natalie Dreyfuss Talks Sue Dearbon's Return and Evolution
Same here, especially since they could have easily just recasted Ralph as well.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
How's it going? Do you feel a certain way about a character or storyline you never did in the past but now have changed your mind? That's why I love rewatches. Sometimes you pick up new things in general and/or literally can start feeling differently about a storyline or character. Good stuff.
Its been so slow this time around I think its been like 4 years since I started this rewatch

But Gilmore Girls in general is just such a feel good show. You can just put on an episode and it gives such good happy vibes ya know? I like the show more everytime I rewatch. im excited to rewatch the revival episodes because I only saw those once.

The lack of LL in season 7 sucks. I do like Logan more in this rewatch but I am still team Jess. I cant believe Logan/Rory were together such a long time in the series. Its a bit stale.

The series The Staircase on HBO is so riveting! I am loving it. New episode thursday.

Other than that I am not watching many series! Better Call Saul and Legacies... the rest of the shows I am watching right now are either BL's, documentaries on Netflix, or Reality shows.

Oh but I did start a new show on Netflix called Welcome to Eden. I watched 2 episodes... kinda interesting! And wanna see more.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
The lack of LL in season 7 sucks.
I love RL but LL are still my primary ship and I hate christopher so bad. I cannot be team jess cause of S3. I just can't even if there was never a Logan.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Its been so slow this time around I think its been like 4 years since I started this rewatch
I haven't watched the series in such a long time. I think it's been about a decade since I watched a full episode. I should rewatch some episodes.

Quote:
But Gilmore Girls in general is just such a feel good show. You can just put on an episode and it gives such good happy vibes ya know? I like the show more everytime I rewatch. im excited to rewatch the revival episodes because I only saw those once.
I completely agree. It is such a feel good show. Yes, you can literally take individual episodes randomly, tune in, and have a blast. Yes, I really need to watch some episodes soon. I love the series and for comedic purposes alone, it's mint.

Quote:
The lack of LL in season 7 sucks. I do like Logan more in this rewatch but I am still team Jess. I cant believe Logan/Rory were together such a long time in the series. Its a bit stale.
I despise the lack of S7 LL. Interesting about your take on Logan and RL. I never really liked them either. I wish I did because I know Shu loves the character and pairing. Maybe if I rewatch I will like Logan better. I love Matt, always have. I've always been LL for ships first and foremost but if I had to pick one for Rory it would be Jess, especially given how they evolved and what Jess turned into as he matured. They match intellectually too and have common interests professionally as well.

Quote:
The series The Staircase on HBO is so riveting! I am loving it. New episode thursday.

Other than that I am not watching many series! Better Call Saul and Legacies... the rest of the shows I am watching right now are either BL's, documentaries on Netflix, or Reality shows.

Oh but I did start a new show on Netflix called Welcome to Eden. I watched 2 episodes... kinda interesting! And wanna see more.
What are both series about, The Staircase and Welcome to Eden? I know I have Nancy Drew and Breaking Bad next but always curious.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Same here, sure we will find out more soon.
I keep checking for Candice news like a lunatic. I really want to know what is going to happen. Maybe no news is good news and she is returning? You would think if she officially said I want out, period, it would be announced... unless they are still trying to get her to change her mind. But hopefully no news is good news. She is a fabulous actress and the show, even if concluding next season, wouldn't be the same without her. It just wouldn't make sense. Plus, they just killed Frost, not that this character compares to Iris... but they already did a big death there. They killed LL on Arrow. They cannot kill off Iris. No way. Too big of a comic character to go there even if they did it on Arrow. That's precisely WHY they cannot go there. What would it say if on Arrow and The Flash, this superhero world Berlanti has created, he kills off TWO female comic characters on his two biggest superhero shows, past and present? It would look really bad.

So I am holding out hope she is returning or at the very least, she will get a satisfying ending and return for some episodes with what's looking to be the final season.

Quote:
Same here, especially since they could have easily just recasted Ralph as well.
That's what I don't understand... why not recast him? I would have preferred the recast of Ralph and had Ralph and Sue around instead of the other secondary characters on the team. Stupid. But yes, either recast Ralph for next season or just give us continued heavy Sue. Sue and Iris have developed a terrific friendship too and Iris needs Sue as a friend. They cannot take this away given the current storyline.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

RL is a contentious ship and mostly because he is often blamed for Rory's own mistakes. I also think he is the type of character Amy likes to write for. There is a similar one in MMM. I think she is far more forgiving of the character than the fans. My issue with Jess is how they wrote him in S3. I can't see past attempted SA. I also like milo and love him in his other work. It's just a non-starter for me.

But that's probably because I'm a survivor.

I will always love Gilmore Girls. The town, Luke, Rory and Lorelai. It's kind of hard for me to relive lately cause it reminds me so poignantly of my father and ten years later I feel like I am still grieving him. Sorry if this TMI. But, it was our show.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread