Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2022, 11:42 PM
  #46
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 535,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I cannot even imagine most likely the last season without her. No way.
Me neither, it would really suck if she did
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:09 AM
  #47
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Me neither, it would really suck if she did
I couldn't imagine and don't want to imagine.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:21 AM
  #48
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
aww I kinda wanted to get into Legends maybe. Still havent finished arrow though!
What season of Arrow are you on? Yes, I love time travel shows so I am not sure why I've never watched Legends. I wonder if it's ending in a good place?

Quote:
Basically, its about an older guy (Bryan Cranston) who is a science teacher. But he is super intelligent and was a gifted chemist back in the day, who unfortunately was a founder of this company that he ended up leaving and his ex parter became a millonaire instead of him from it and didn't credit him for the idea. So he's kinda bitter over all of that. And then in the first episode (without giving too much away) he finds out he has cancer and only has a limited time to live. So he decides to start selling meth with an ex student (aka my favorite character Jesse played by Aaron Paul) to pay for his medical bills... Because he's a chemist he can develop a really good chemical product and his stuff is the best on the market... Basically the whole thing really spirals out of control and they get involved with drug dealers and shady stuff, but Walter really starts to seek the thrill of all of it so he continues. His brother in law is a cop too who is trying to find out who this new seller is and its just so fun! There are a lot of twists and turns, and the development of the characters is so solid and really thought out. The acting is steller too. It will also make you cry, has a lot of emotional moments but its so fun to watch. Gah. I love it.
Wow, sounds super unique (premise) and really interesting! Oh no, does he die at the end? Of course I would ask this. How did you like the series finale? Good conclusion overall and not like The 100?

Quote:
It has 5 seasons only, but Season 1 is only 9 episodes. Seasons 2-4 are 13 and the final season is 16.
Thanks! I am going to have to find it. I wonder if it's on Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, I will check it out!

Quote:
Michelle you asked about Stranger Things. Is this your first time binging?
I watched S1 a long time ago when it first came out and for some stupid reason didn't watch seasons 2 and 3. LOL. I ended up going out of town on business and got busy and never got back to it which is ridiculous because I loved S1!

So S1, I re-watched but S2 and S3 are brand new.

I am on the series finale of 2 right now.

Two things about S2:

1. Why did Bob have to die!
2. I do not like how Eleven is so separated from the others and that episode where she goes to Chicago is not fun. It felt weird due to what was going on with the main mystery. If the episode was placed better it would have worked. Otherwise, I am thinking WTF is this episode? I love getting the backstory on Eleven and her family and all but the episode was strange, and wish the audience didn't have to wait until the last part of 2.8 to see her around the others!

Otherwise, I like S2 a lot, just not as much as S1 and I will see about S3 soon.

Quote:
Great show, so fun. I also love 80's themed things!
Yes! Sometimes I pause and just look at what's on the walls in certain rooms. It's amazing how they have every, single detail imaginable in all scenes! It really takes you back to the 80s.

Quote:
Personally, my favorite season is season 3. It was just so fun for me to watch play out and the whole mall setting I really realy enjoyed. After season 3, I liked season 1. The start, and had some great moments! Season 2 was nice as well, but it wasn't my favorite. I found that season a bit too depressing/dark at times. But I did love the nancy/jonathan storyline in season 2!
I cannot wait to watch S3. Should start it today! Yes, S2 will be last in my ranking as well. It is still really good, but yes, S1 was much better because I just don't like Eleven so separated from the group for such a long period of time. Although, I love Steve and Dustin in S2, haha. Billy, I want to push off a cliff. I like all the younger characters and of course, Harper, Joyce!

Jonathan and Nancy are a tenacious team. I love when they sleep together even if the journalist dude was kind of creepy getting them drunk and having sex. It was still phenomenal, the chemistry between the two is just wow and guess it helps since the actors are together in real life.

I am AMAZED at the acting talent on this show. I mean, pick an age group of the actors, they are all so good!

Noah played possessed to perfection. In 2.8 when they are talking to Will... even Noah's looks gave me the creeps because you could FEEL and SEE the monster inside of him as Will's sending Morse code to the group. What a piece of acting! All of them are incredible!

Last edited by jediwands; 05-01-2022 at 05:15 PM
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:17 PM
  #49
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 535,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I couldn't imagine and don't want to imagine.
Me neither
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:23 AM
  #50
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Me neither
Wonder if we’ll get news soon.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:42 AM
  #51
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Stranger Things S2

Just finished the season finale/completed the season.

While the Chicago El stand-alone episode still is a snooze, it actually did connect to the finale in that without El recalling what her “sister” told her about conjuring anger for powers she might not have been able to close the gate.

Wow, the finale was incredible, I loved the dance, the Joyce/Hopper scene, all scenes for that matter!

I could write a book but great finale, and I can't wait to get going with S3 tonight!

Last edited by jediwands; 05-02-2022 at 01:14 PM
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:13 AM
  #52
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 535,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Wonder if we’ll get news soon.
Sure we will one way or another
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:43 AM
  #53
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Sure we will one way or another
Hope it's soon... the episodes will collect in my DVR until then, lol.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:24 PM
  #54
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143,337
I just like a lot of the cast in legends!

Quote:
What season of Arrow are you on?
I am in season 7. Recently picked it back up and enjoying the new!laurel/felicity stuff but want Oliver out of prison. Going slow though.

Ive also been watching Yellowjackets, the new season of the Wilds is coming back soon yay! ER, and trying to finish the Good Wife lol.


Quote:
Oh no, does he die at the end? Of course I would ask this. How did you like the series finale? Good conclusion overall and not like The 100?
Best series finale of all time. And everyone agrees. lol.

Like I said, the show doesnt get bad, it only gets better and better. It finishes exactly where it needs to finish and comes completely full circle, its just so amazing. I cried and laughed and screamed and was excited the whole finale.

There's a spin off show Better Call Saul that is good too. Not as amazing imo but its a prequel so its been so fun to see some of the breaking bad characters pop up on it.

Michelle, its on Netflix!


Quote:
1. Why did Bob have to die!
2. I do not like how Eleven is so separated from the others and that episode where she goes to Chicago is not fun. It felt weird due to what was going on with the main mystery. If the episode was placed better it would have worked. Otherwise, I am thinking WTF is this episode? I love getting the backstory on Eleven and her family and all but the episode was strange, and wish the audience didn't have to wait until the last part of 2.8 to see her around the others!
OH YAY! Tell me your thoughts about season 3. If you go to the stranger things board (not sure if it was shut down or not) you will see my thoughts on the episodes in the discussion threads.

I wasnt the biggest fan of bob cuz im a hopper/joyce fan haha but they were sweet and bob was nice, his death was so sad.

HATED the chigago episode, it was so bad and felt like a pilot for something else. I skip that episode always lol.


I forgot the actors were together but yes they are cute. That episode was hilarious to me.But yeah, kinda creepy.

I love Will.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 03:07 AM
  #55
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 535,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Hope it's soon... the episodes will collect in my DVR until then, lol.
Okay, lol
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:38 AM
  #56
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Okay, lol
I just don’t want to continue to watch if Iris is ripped from our screens. I guess we’ll see. I’m weird but hate bad series conclusions and feel like the series as a whole is tarnished if the wrap up isn’t satisfying. It doesn’t have to be fully satisfying but just enough where… well, see The 100 as an example of what I think is unacceptable.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:26 PM
  #57
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I just like a lot of the cast in legends!
It’s definitely a great cast.

Quote:
I am in season 7. Recently picked it back up and enjoying the new!laurel/felicity stuff but want Oliver out of prison. Going slow though.
LOL! I don’t remember the Oliver prison storyline, why he’s there and how he gets out.

I watched the first season of Arrow but was overwhelmed by life so stopped watching. Disappointed to hear BC was killed off because I like the comic character. At least they got a new BC version in there.

Quote:
Ive also been watching Yellowjackets, the new season of the Wilds is coming back soon yay! ER, and trying to finish the Good Wife lol.
Awesome. I’ve never watched any of those. Yes, I live under a rock.

Quote:
Best series finale of all time. And everyone agrees. lol.
I’m more intrigued now.

Quote:
Like I said, the show doesnt get bad, it only gets better and better. It finishes exactly where it needs to finish and comes completely full circle, its just so amazing. I cried and laughed and screamed and was excited the whole finale.

There's a spin off show Better Call Saul that is good too. Not as amazing imo but its a prequel so its been so fun to see some of the breaking bad characters pop up on it.

Michelle, its on Netflix!
Wow, my interest is really increasing now. It is so rare for a show to get better with age so when you tell me this it gives a strong indication that a series is unique with high quality. A spin off as well proves it was a hit!

On Netflix as well!

Okay, after catching up on Stranger Things and watching Stranger Things 4 (when it comes out soon) I’m all over giving it a look!

Quote:
OH YAY! Tell me your thoughts about season 3. If you go to the stranger things board (not sure if it was shut down or not) you will see my thoughts on the episodes in the discussion threads.
I will!

I just watched 3.1 and interesting how Russia is depicted poorly given what’s currently going on with the war. Are the creators psychic?

I checked and thankfully there’s still a Stranger Things Board and I see your thoughts.

Quote:
I wasnt the biggest fan of bob cuz im a hopper/joyce fan haha but they were sweet and bob was nice, his death was so sad.
I’m so with you! I adore Joyce/Hopper and need them together romantically! Bob kind of made sense as to why Joyce went for him. She needed a super nice, soft sensitive guy given her horrible ex and what was happening with Will. I was never threatened by Joyce and Bob as a Joyce/Hopper shipper because they seemed depicted as short-term to me. Yes, Bob made a comment about getting them out of Indiana but I still never got the impression Bob and Joyce were truly in love and had a recipe for long-term. He was such a nice guy but when you think about it he did have to die. The creators said he was always meant to die the second he was created even if his death was just so sad. He truly passed away as a superhero and I love finding out he was the creator of AV Club.

Quote:
HATED the chigago episode, it was so bad and felt like a pilot for something else. I skip that episode always lol.
Right! I’ll never watch it again.

There’s only one thing that came out of that episode... Kali telling Eleven to think of anger when she really wants to do something powerful. This piece of advice certainly helped her in the season finale. But overall, I think Eleven would have figured that part out on her own. I think TPTB are well aware of how much the fans despised anything Chicago so hopefully a revisit won’t happen. Kali was okay overall, but hopefully if we ever hear from her again it is via a letter and nothing else. The only thing from the past Eleven might have to confront is Modine’s character (maybe she does in S3? Lol) but otherwise, no thanks. Oh, and her mother and aunt could come back at some point, too, if her mother will be healed. Otherwise anything directly related to Chicago… please no.

Quote:
I forgot the actors were together but yes they are cute. That episode was hilarious to me.But yeah, kinda creepy.
Absolutely.

I love Steve so much, I just don’t think Steve and Nancy work romantically. Too much bad stuff like their connection to the night Barb died, and other stuff. They are way better off as friends. I love Steve and hope he finds someone or remains awesome as Dustin’s mentor, what a duo.

Quote:
I love Will.


Who are your favorite younger characters?

Last edited by jediwands; 05-04-2022 at 12:46 PM
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:01 AM
  #58
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 535,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I just don’t want to continue to watch if Iris is ripped from our screens. I guess we’ll see. I’m weird but hate bad series conclusions and feel like the series as a whole is tarnished if the wrap up isn’t satisfying. It doesn’t have to be fully satisfying but just enough where… well, see The 100 as an example of what I think is unacceptable.
Think I will still watch though, since I think Season 9 will be the final season anyways
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 07:36 AM
  #59
Fan Forum Legend

 
jediwands's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 258,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Think I will still watch though, since I think Season 9 will be the final season anyways
You make a good point. We are at the finish line regardless. S9 will be the last season.

Plus I heard Frost dies in last nights episode.

You convinced me without trying. LOL.

I’ll catch up and watch the last two in my DVR within the next day or two.
jediwands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:51 PM
  #60
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143,337
Quote:
Okay, after catching up on Stranger Things and watching Stranger Things 4 (when it comes out soon) I’m all over giving it a look!
Yay! I am going to hold you to this.

Quote:
I love Steve so much, I just don’t think Steve and Nancy work romantically.
Steve started out like such a jerk but he quickly grew and i loved him so much in season 2. I loved te Jonathan/Steve interactions a lot, I am sad that was non-existent in season 3.

Steve and Nancy def. didnt work at all!

My favorite characters in order would be:
1. Steve
2. Dustin
3. Hopper
4. Jonathan
5. Will
6. Ericka
7. Joyce
8. Nancy
9. Robin
10. Alexi (youll meet him in season 3)

I dont like lucas really, idk why he is just boring to me. Also not a big Mike fan. Just dont care 1 way or the other about him. Max and Eleven are okay. I liked 11 in season 1 but after that kinda lost interest.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp, Chris Pratt Universe, Emily VanCamp Brasil, Chris Pratt Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.

Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.


TEST