Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TL22, I have also posted these links on our Dawson's Creek thread.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
TL22, I have also posted these links on our Dawson's Creek thread.
Thanks! I added them to the opening too.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 08-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)

I added this beautiful gif to the Opening post.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for supplying, AlwaysCB, and thanks for adding, Betty!

That was a great scene in the series finale.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

It was. In my head, they got back together eventually
Old 08-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

I like to think they would have gotten back together too.
Slayerfan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I agree. They were on their way, most certainly. I thought it was realistic that Hannah didn't immediately take Bright back. They were on the friends path again but you could tell the romantic feelings were circling around them in that last scene. They were heading for a reunion in the near future.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I always figured when Hannah deposited her acceptance letter to Colorado she was planning on getting back with Bright.

He told her to go to Notre Dame and that He would always be her best friend, but as I said when Hannah decided to stay in Colorado, she wanted to be more than friends with Bright.

A friendship would work from Indiana, but a romance would not. So I think she was up for romance again.

But then what purpose did it serve to break them up???? It didn't do anything for the story line. Berlanti does have a history of breaking up good romances though.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I agree. They were on their way, most certainly. I thought it was realistic that Hannah didn't immediately take Bright back. They were on the friends path again but you could tell the romantic feelings were circling around them in that last scene. They were heading for a reunion in the near future.
Yes they were on there way. It was realistic that she didn't take him back right away, but you could tell the feelings were still there. I think they would have gotten back together at some point in S5, had there been one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
But then what purpose did it serve to break them up???? It didn't do anything for the story line. Berlanti does have a history of breaking up good romances though.
I guess they wanted to have Bright grow up a bit and maybe Hannah too and add some depth to their relationship. As weird as it sounds, I think whenever they do a cheating story arc on a show, it's either to break the couple up for good or have them go through all of the hard stuff and come out stronger at the end.

Or Berlanti just did it for drama purposes.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

I guess they wanted to have Bright grow up a bit and maybe Hannah too and add some depth to their relationship. As weird as it sounds, I think whenever they do a cheating story arc on a show, it's either to break the couple up for good or have them go through all of the hard stuff and come out stronger at the end.

I agree that this break up was meant to open Bright's eyes to the fact that he truly loved Hannah and just wanted to be with her...with or without the sex. It brought to the surface for both of them deep feelings...something that seemed to be missing with two of them while they went through the stagnant motions of their relationship.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I agree that this break up was meant to open Bright's eyes to the fact that he truly loved Hannah and just wanted to be with her...with or without the sex. It brought to the surface for both of them deep feelings...something that seemed to be missing with two of them while they went through the stagnant motions of their relationship.
I agree.

It's not that Bright and Hannah didn't have a connection, but at times it felt more innocent than let's say Ephram and Amy who had both experienced a lot. I mean, Bright and Hannah did, too with Colin and her dad. And it's not that I think all couples need a cheating story to deepen their connection, but Bright had a problem with the no sex and this was probably a wake up call in losing Hannah.

And working through that, I imagine they actually could have trusted each other more in the end.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yes they were on there way. It was realistic that she didn't take him back right away, but you could tell the feelings were still there. I think they would have gotten back together at some point in S5, had there been one.
Totally agree, they definitely would have reunited in this season, maybe even before Ephram/Amy did the way things were looking with Madison and Ephram having to deal with the nightmare baby storyline.

I was shocked that Rina had Bright cheat on Hannah. Hannah and Bright/Hannah were her creation and baby. Berlanti still was in charge of the main storylines so he played a part in how things went down regardless. I don't believe the cheating storyline was to break them up permanently, I think it was to definitely force them to deal with their issues and make the relationship stronger.

I think if anyone needed a season 5, it was Bright/Hannah. It would have been nice seeing how they evolved and eventually got back together.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Season five, in my opinion would have been maybe the best season of all.

For one thing you could have a planned ending that was not rushed at the last minute.

It would have been interesting to see how Bright and Hannah reconciled their differences and came together again. Also seeing how Amy dealt with Madison back in town.

I like Madison and really wouldn't want to see a full blown confrontation between the two girls. But I don't think Madison and Ephram ever got a true ending. Before Ephram could really move on to Amy he and Madison needed some serious face time. Something like when Andy went back to NYC and spoke at his late wife's grave. He then put that part of his life behind him. Ephram needed to do the same with Madison.

I believe that was the intent of the writers when they were going to bring her back.

As most of you know the final irony is that the cast of Everwood were told they were renewed for a fifth season and then Dawn Ostroff decided that 7 Heaven still had some life in it. (Wrong) and she had this hot new show that just had to be on the network (The show lasted three episodes) and we lost what possibly could have been the great season of a great show.

Last edited by TL22; 09-18-2013 at 08:14 AM Reason: I need to learn how to proof read
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I like Madison and really wouldn't want to see a full blown confrontation between the two girls. But I don't think Madison and Ephram ever got a true ending. Before Ephram could really move on to Amy he and Madison needed some serious face time. Something like when Andy went back to NYC and spoke at his late wife's grave. He then put that part of his life behind him. Ephram needed to do the same with Madison.
I don't really believe that you can compare Andy needing closure with Julia and Ephram needing closure with Madison! Andy and Julia had a real relationship with deep love...marriage.... children and history. Ephram and Madison had a brief time together that included unprotected sex and a baby. I don't believe that the introduction of Madison to season 5 would have had a positive effect on anyone.
Reply   Post New Thread