Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I actually believe Amy and Madison wouldn't have had any face time because Amy's Ferris Wheel declaration of love wouldn't have happened. Thus, Ephram and Amy would have been delayed romantically and just friends. Madison, according to all reports, was not coming back for a relationship with Ephram again. They were done and over with. Ephram also talked to Madison to really receive a satisfying conclusion to their drama over the past year. That chapter was over and they ended on a peaceful note. Madison was returning according to strong spoiler/speculation (I don't remember how we knew but we did, either from Berlanti directly or someone close to the show who said it was for the baby storyline only and would be quick) due to something regarding the baby and she needed Ephram's help. Thus, Amy wouldn't have been involved in that mess.

Hannah and Ephram was the short term romantic possibility and as Berlanti stated, he asked us to trust him, it would have been swiftly tied up and then back to Ephram/Amy.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-18-2013 at 10:43 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I don't really believe that you can compare Andy needing closure with Julia and Ephram needing closure with Madison! Andy and Julia had a real relationship with deep love...marriage.... children and history. Ephram and Madison had a brief time together that included unprotected sex and a baby. I don't believe that the introduction of Madison to season 5 would have had a positive effect on anyone.
Exactly right. No comparison. Madison was not even returning for closure with Ephram. They had proper closure after that phone call Ephram made to her. They were fine and not strained. They were friendly and peaceful and neither of them wanted each other romantically anymore or were strained over each other in that way. Madison was coming back only for something regarding the baby and she needed Ephram's help. I think it would have been a very quick storyline that would have concluded hopefully very quickly. Anything more would have been unheard of and just not in the cards. It would have been stressful as is with her coming back for the baby issue. That would have been fairly quick, though. I bet Sarah would have only been back for a couple episodes max the way it sounded. It would have prevented an Ephram/Amy reunion as we know, she would have left after the baby issue was resolved, and then Berlanti was exploring Ephram/Hannah romantically for a quick moment or two. That would have have happened obviously after Madison and that storyline concluded.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Extreme Fan

OK, I see my thought went over like a lead balloon. I'm going to have to disagree with you guys. Ephram took the whole baby thing with Madison quite hard and in my opinion he was nasty to her for no reason. Yes I know he called and apologized to an answering machine.

Ephram and Madison needed a face to face in order for Ephram to move on. I fully agree they did not have a relationship like Andy and Julia had, but having a baby together can be a pretty intense thing, especially under the circumstances.

Basically what I was trying to say was Ephram and Madison needed the face to face to talk out what happened. I believe it would have been good for the mental health of both parties.

As far as Ephram and Hannah; That would have been a disaster. I really hope when Berlanti thought of it he quickly shoved it aside.

I just can't see Hannah dating her best friends boyfriend Ephram dating his best friends girlfriend.......That's getting into Dawson Creek territory.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I just can't see Hannah dating her best friends boyfriend Ephram dating his best friends girlfriend.......That's getting into Dawson Creek territory.
it's soapy territory. it's almost inevitable for it to happen on those shows. I wanted Everwood to be different and not make every story in hopes of being dramatic and to catch ratings. I'm glad we didn't get a season 5. It would be torture to watch a friendship so wonderful written to be torn down so tragically...and then there's Bright/Hannah's thing. So many things wrong with an Ephram/Hannah hookup

The only way, that I could see the story of Ephram/Hannah hookup to make sense was for Hannah to be making Bright suffer. Ephram is Bright's best friend, and Bright hurt Hannah really badly. For Hannah to date Ephram and them to be in a relationship would rip Bright apart.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think Ephram/Hannah would have been over pretty quick, but it's still odd to think about considering they were best friends with each other's exes and their exes were brother and sister.
Slayerfan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ephram/Hannah would've been over quick, but it's enough time to create some damage among Amy and Bright
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-01-2013, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom to believe (View Post)
Ephram/Hannah would've been over quick, but it's enough time to create some damage among Amy and Bright
There would definitely have been much damage among Ephram, Amy, Hannah, and Bright! It would have been HORRIBLE!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There would definitely have been much damage among Ephram, Amy, Hannah, and Bright! It would have been HORRIBLE!
Oh yeah.

It's always hard having an ex date your best friend or your best friend date your ex. That's....the same thing Don't mind me.

It feels like a betrayal and that is hard to swallow.
Slayerfan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
how could they ever go back to the core four of best friends
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, these two were my favorite couple on the show. I miss them.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they were definitely the next generation of Everwood families
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom to believe (View Post)
how could they ever go back to the core four of best friends
It wouldn't have been possible. The only way would have been if it literally was like Ephram/Hannah went on one date and ended up realizing they were only trying to go there because they were upset and hurting over Bright and Amy. Then soon enough, Bright and Amy would find that out. Otherwise, it would have been a huge disaster for the foursome if Ephram/Hannah would have lingered on in a relationship. Berlanti said it would have been short and to trust him. Well, given how Madison refused to go away, I am not sure trust would have been in the equation for me.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
It wouldn't have been possible. The only way would have been if it literally was like Ephram/Hannah went on one date and ended up realizing they were only trying to go there because they were upset and hurting over Bright and Amy. Then soon enough, Bright and Amy would find that out. Otherwise, it would have been a huge disaster for the foursome if Ephram/Hannah would have lingered on in a relationship. Berlanti said it would have been short and to trust him. Well, given how Madison refused to go away, I am not sure trust would have been in the equation for me.
Yeah that's one possible way. I have another similar idea. Say that Ephram and Hannah are at some party and at some point little more booze leads to a kiss between them and immediately after this they both admit that it was like kissing sibling and agree to not say anything to Amy and Bright. And that pretty much ends it.

I think that Berlanti had to be really stupid to think that full blown relationship between Hannah and Ephram wouldn't destroy all the core teen interactions and relationships.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it would really destroy that craft of writing Amy and Ephram in the first four seasons
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Wait. There was talk of Hannah/Ephram getting together? SO glad they didn't go there. I really love Everwood and The OC for that reason. They didn't mess with the main couples in that way like the other shows do (Gossip Girl, Dawson's Creek). It is so sick to watch best friends share guys, etc.

I also saw your Dawson's Creek Pacey/Joey discussion on page 1. Very interesting that Berlanti thought of the Pacey/Joey kiss.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread