Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

ITA...Kinda reminds me of why I avoided the show in the first place...*Thinks Bright thoughts* Just have to remember that I have someone to keep watching for. At least the finale will be before my finals so I won't still be annoyed by then. I got too sucked in this season. Darn it.

I hope you all have a good day...The weather seems to be foreshadowing tonight's events...Come on, is it 9 yet? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Did everyone have a lovely weekend? Mine was alright... I gotta tell ya, it was weird hearing my name uttered on "Alias" last night... made me feel like I was a part of the show. hehehe

As far as Jailbait goes... I hope the show doesn't disappoint me tonight... seriously. I was perfectly content with "Last Looks" that I just hope they don't do a 180 and butcher them. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I bought the Trapt album and (my God!) a lot of its lyrics just reminded me of Jailbait, it isn't even funny. *memories*

Enigma lyrics

Do we know how to get the message across
We turn the lights off to find a way out
It's hard to get through to grasp what was lost
Don't turn the light off and leave me in the dark
Hey, I'm pleading, my soul is bleeding
I don't want to be left alone, not when I'm right next to you
What are you thinking, it's so misleading
Is it not for me to know, I think it's just hard for you to show

We never spoke in the words that we want
We turn the lights off to find a way out
We've never chosen to keep what we've got
Don't turn the light off and leave me in the dark

I thought it would be nice to lie down and close my eyes
It never occurred to me that I am already asleep

Don't be the one to be let go
Don't be the one to be alone

Oh my... I think I'm scaring myself... "Made of Glass" sounds too much like Jailbait...

Made Of Glass

I don't know anything at all and I'm somebody else
It could take years to find you, it could take years to find myself
And I don't need to hear your answer I just need you to see
That I think it's time to break down these walls that we throw

Am I still breathing have I lost that feeling
Am I made of glass 'cause you see right through me
I don't know who I am and you're the only one who sees that
I can't ask these questions that cannot be answered today
And even if everything goes wrong and we start to fall apart
I will understand where you are, I will understand this by myself
And I don't need to hear your answer I just need you to feel
Like there are no boundaries at all

And how far have we come, too far to throw away the past
Will you be there waiting for me
I have to ask what we are, if I ask today it just won't last
So I'll be here waiting for you

Will we ever feel this good again
Will we ever feel this real again
Will you ever be mine again
Will we ever feel this real again - Not today....

Hell, instead of pasting all I've found, I might as well link you to Trapt Lyrics Yup, this way it's far more convenient. LOL! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I don't want to be left alone, not when I'm right next to you
What are you thinking, it's so misleading
Is it not for me to know, I think it's just hard for you to show
These lyrics scream "Last Looks"...Wow!
Made of Glass is definitely a Jailbait song...it's perfect. I hope that the writers don't butcher them tonight too. If they dare to bring some sense of "closure" to us this soon, I'll definitely be counting the show out of my viewing list next season. Jerks! OK, I'm trying not to get riled up, but it's not hard to see where this is going...
I've got so much work to do this week that I might have to skip tonight's ep (which means I will be watching [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Just kidding). I don't think I could take anymore stress today...

Okey dokey, well I'll see you all later. Have a grrreat day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ETA: Is anyone planning to see Laws of Attraction? From the promos, the reviews have been that Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore are like Tracy and Hepburn...not much unlike our couple [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm telling you everything reminds me of them...I'll never look at a carrot stick the same way again [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited MissCongeniality ]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Who would've thought being a JB fan would be so stressful and complicated? lol! We are sooo the underdogs of Everwood, I feel a peaceful serenity with that knowledge.

Quote:
Is anyone planning to see Laws of Attraction?
I'm still in debate about this... last thing I need is a JB redux. Haven't I been tortured enought?

Quote:
I'll never look at a carrot stick the same way again
HA! I was eating mini-carrots last night like a bag of popcorn. I'm a dork! But I'm a proud dork!

Nadia

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited Nautica7mk ]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nautica7mk:
<STRONG>Who would've thought being a JB fan would be so stressful and complicated? lol! We are sooo the underdogs of Everwood, I feel a peaceful serenity with that knowledge.

Nadia</STRONG>
All hail the underdogs! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCongeniality:
<STRONG>All hail the underdogs! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
*raise the roof*

Nadia
Old 04-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Only a few hours to go...Let's see how much work I can get done before then...Hmmm...
Old 04-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

LMAO! Bright is like the Cordelia of Everwood. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] He says it how it is. LOL! And 4 dates... Jeez. Those girls must have some serious self-esteem issues, but I still love Bright all the same. Hahaha... his interviews was a RIOT!

That was the quickest prom I have ever seen. Be careful, if you blink you might miss it.

Oh my, the JB scene. You can practically cut the tension with a knife. Ephram was looking... what was that description Mindy used? Oh yeah, I remember, "God-like."

Wow! Madison complimented Amy so genuinely. Didn't see that coming, I've only seen those two in two scenes together, and that was pre-Jailbait era.

Realistically, I understand why the writers had Ephram and Madison bump into each other... it's to show us that Everwood isn't one big giant city where the chances of running into someone you know from uptown and downtown is slim to none. Chances are, they will run into each other... I think that's why they had it do it now as opposed to suddenly have Madison disappear which leaves nitpickers (like myself) wondering what happened to her, as if she never existed.

I'm really surprised that the writers had Ephram display not a single romantical (is that a word?) interest in Amy (God! I really should stop reading into how other people interpret spoilers) this episode -- a lot of it was mostly reflection, which, actually didn't annoy me as much in regards to Amy. With Amy's emotional track record, I was a little uneased that he was talking about Madison with her. I'm not saying he shouldn't, but I can't help but feel uneased about it.

Anyway... Next week better be a "one month later" type of deal. That way, the transition to Ephramy wouldn't be as irritating for me. Atleast, it'll show that Ephram has slowly moved on and is thinking with a clear mind.

Well, it's official... no one but "One Tree Hill" can successful pull off two characters of the opposite sex as just friends. Even BTVS had a hard time with it... Sure, Angel achieved it on some instances, but so far, it amazes me that OTH's Haley and Lucas has displayed no romantic interest nor spark at all yet have so much spark as friends. Amazing.

I'm sorry, but the flame in Everwood doesn't excite me as much now, but I'll watch anyway. I just won't be ditching class to do it... which, in essence, is actually a good thing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm paying big bucks for college. Total rip-off btw.

Nadia

[ 04-26-2004: Message edited Nautica7mk ]
Old 04-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Last scene with them. Beautiful but heartbreaking. I can't believe that E and A will kiss next week. I'm so glad that Madison was not with a guy. The show is so good, but I'm just not excited about any other storylines. I feel depressed.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree that this show is REALLY good but it's definately depressing. I get something out of watching it but I don't enjoy it as much as I used too. And that last M/E scene was so heartbreaking. I have faith she'll be back one day!

And wow, the transition to Ephramy is so fast. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I agree that I hope the kiss is like a 'year later' thing. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 07:10 AM
New Fan

Hey All,

I'm back from the dead, otherwise known as delusional trance one gets into during finals week. Just really wanted to comment on "Do Or Die".

Candace, totally with you on being ecstatic that Maddy was not with a guy. I was really worried there because that would have spelled "ultimate and final doom" for JB, or at least for the general perception of JB. Nadia, you are completely right, could slice and dice tension in the store with those two.

I loved how you could see both E and M were visibly shaken from seeing each other, but in a good way. Sarah and Greg looked great. They still had the ability to banter even though they were nervous. And when Maddy asked him if he brought a date I think my heart rate dropped to 80%. For a moment there I thought she was pondering going with him if he didn't, to rekindle the never really extinguished JB flames. But then Amy showed up, and things sucked. Maddy really did compliment Amy genuinely, like Nadia said. I think it hurt most that Ephram was with Amy though, because Maddy knew Ephram had a huge crush on Amy before she came along. Keep silently cursing TPTB for making us love JB to the point where you get so freaking attached to them.

However, one good thing that came out of all of this is that the door for JB is still (relatively) wide open for future exploration. Ephram is still really in love with Maddy and vice versa. It shows how much she has affected him when he likened their breakup to the death of his mom, which as anyone who has watched the show for a while knows, took him forever to at least accept. But, as the world is against me at the moment, they'll have him kiss Amy hopefully at least another couple of months from now.

Good side to all this, if there even is a good side. My JB status is crystal clear to me now. I was getting worried when I started to like Ephramy, but seeing the previews for YFA and E kiss A just induced a visceral WTF response. Actually it was more along the lines of "EUUGH!!". More up sides: it doesn't look like E (or G for that matter) is really into the Ephramy Kiss, and Ephramy's "realization" moment is a lot less eloquent and tons more akward than any of JB's (because JB really had three). That gives me a new reason:

*Because their relationship has three "realization" episodes, and they all rock: Blind Faith- both subliminally. Burden of Truth- Ephram's, and Just Like In The Movies- Madison's.

Sorry for making this really long again, but I gotta compensate for my lack of posts otherwise [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Just a few more. I personally didn't like what Amy was wearing (what was with the snow scarf?). Bright is excellent as always! Greg and Sarah really are a great romantic couple like Tracy and Hepburn, or Tracy and Grant ftm.

And everyone, if you could all join in a conglomerative prayer for me and my Calculus Test and Anatomy Lab Final, I'd love you forever. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Teresa

Jailbait #30
Old 04-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome back, Teresa... you've been missed. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think, the best part of the JB scene was knowing that Madison is having just as hard a time not being with Ephram as Ephram is. It was such a brief scene, but it spoke volumes about how they still feel. It's a crime against humanity... they shouldn't have this much power over us.

Now, the comparison between losing his mother to losing Madison just ups the stakes even further if Ms. Lancaster makes an appearance next season. These two have so much storyline potential, that it feels almost untouchable. Ahhh...

What would we like to expect for the future:

1. Is it so bad to want a comedic episode with these two? They have perfect comedic timing that it deserves to be exploited.

2. I would've love to see a piano-song duet between JB, but since we know that Madison's voice isn't SL, then chances are we won't get it. Hmmm... Maybe she can sing but chose not to.

3. I want to know what gift he got her for her b-day. Don't tell me I'm the only one, cuz I know you want to know too.

4. I'd love to see what Madison's parents think or thought about Ephram Brown; do they even know?

5. There's a helluva lot more, but I have work to get back to. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Teresa, good luck on your finals. God! I hated Calculus. What an evil evil form of mathematics that is. Ugh!

Nadia

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited Nautica7mk ]
Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

I was trying to restrain myself from coming on here last night, because I had a music exam to prep for (I didn't even get to watch the show when it came on again at midnight. That's a lotta self-control)

OK, I felt really bad for Amy, because Ephram seemed oblivious to what she was saying...Hon, I told you to wait...Gosh, it's only been a couple of weeks (I'm guessing it's May in Everwood now with prom and all). It was funny to watch her squirm though. Honestly. Especially when Ephram said that if he wasn't going with Madison, he might as well not go at all. He and Maddy had probably already made plans to do so, which is why she asked whether or not he had a date.

In the convenience store, my heart just about stopped because I didn't think that they would have bumped into each other there. How convenient. (Sorry, I had to [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] ) She didn't have to compliment Amy, but that's just what classy girls do, you know? When Maddy was walking away and he asked her to wait, I was wondering what could he possibly have to say to her? No words were exchanged but I feel that Madison thinks that he has moved on. Don't believe everything you see, girl! (Ephram made the same mistake some time ago too) The book is NOT closed on these two yet though.

Which leads me to the promos...Teresa, I thought that I liked E/A too...way back at the beginning of the season. Actually around Blind Faith. I honestly didn't think anything was going to come out of E/M at that time, and I thought E/A was cute. But I pretty much had the same reaction to the promos as you did. Blech! Oh, it is going to suck! I am comforted in the thought that the promo people are our friends and that the E/A kiss might just be one on the cheek. Otherwise, I might have to restrain myself from throwing something at the tv. I paid good money for that thing.
It was really heavy that he compared losing Madison to losing his mother. Shoot! How does Amy think she's going to compete with that?

Nadia, I want to know what was in the gift too! And I'm wondering if Ephram met her parents. They were out of town on Thanksgiving, but Ephram went to their house (The house in UH, and Madison's place look different- but maybe that's just me). I'm not onboard with the singing. SL probably can sing but not the way that was necessary for the character. ITA, that they need to do a comedic episode with these two. We got a little back with LL but then the sad part after kinda ruined it. Looking forward to when they can joke around again...like this November probably or February if we really want to make waves (Sweeps, yay!). Sarah just has to come back.

Teresa, good luck with your anatomy and calculus. (Just remember, U+Me=Us [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I don't know what's wrong with me today!) I will pray for you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I hope everyone's having a great day. Talk to you later.
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

ETA: I guess I have some reasons to add:
* Because they were supposed to go to the prom together. (How cute would that have been?!))
* Because it was just bad timing.
* Because he feels the same way he did when he lost his mother.

I dunno about those, what do you think? ttyl.

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited MissCongeniality ]
Old 04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wasn't going to watch yesterday's episode because a had a ton of homework but during a "little" break I took, I decided to check what was happening and I saw Bright with 4 dates and Ephram in a tux, enough said I ended up watching the whole episode.
I was as surprised as Ephram to see Madison (I'm completely spoiler free since I ruined my last year Alias season finale). I think that this scene was very important because not only Greg and Sarah deliver great lines but also show that amazing chemistry they have. The way Madison complimented Amy, that was just... I have no words. And how Ephram talked about Madison, I have to tape this episode on sunday.
I have no comment about next week s episode, except that I hope Amy is just dreaming about kissing Ephram ( [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] too much Alias)
[img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] I don't want to think about the promo anymore, I'm too happy right now (after watching 13 going on 30 for the 4th time "I'm not obsessed only passionate") *runs off to listen "Love is a battlefield" and dance like Jennifer Garner*

OT- Nadia: It was so weird hearing your name on Alias, now everytime you post I'm gonna imagine spy!sister typing [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
(sorry if I sound all essay-y (is that a word?) its just that I just finished writing, a very long I might add, english essay)
Old 04-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Just trying out my new avatar. I'm in the process of writing an essay too...not going too great. Argh!
To all those with finals, I wish you the best of luck [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

On-topic: Ephram&Madison forever! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]