Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2024, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
^ Exactly. Amy and Hannah could have become friends after Ephram and Hannah dated and that would have made way more sense. Hannah and Bright dating later would have been fine too.

I just cannot buy Hannah ever doing that to Amy in S5. Hannah was consistently an Ephram and Amy supporter and loyal to the core to Amy as a best friend. I think it would have been massively unrealistic, and like you said, ruined so many friendships and relationships in the process.
I also can't see Ephram doing that to Bright. Ephram knew how much Bright loved Hannah and how heartbroken he was when Hannah broke up with him because he cheated on her, so if Ephram started dating Hannah, Bright would have rightfully seen it as a betrayal on Ephram's part, and their friendship would have been destroyed. In the same vein, Amy would have seen Hannah dating Ephram as a completely betrayal on Hannah's part, because she told Hannah that she still loved Ephram.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I also can't see Ephram doing that to Bright. Ephram knew how much Bright loved Hannah and how heartbroken he was when Hannah broke up with him because he cheated on her, so if Ephram started dating Hannah, Bright would have rightfully seen it as a betrayal on Ephram's part, and their friendship would have been destroyed. In the same vein, Amy would have seen Hannah dating Ephram as a completely betrayal on Hannah's part, because she told Hannah that she still loved Ephram.
Exactly. It never would have worked. Ever. Ephram was the one who told Bright to tell Hannah about the cheating. Ephram was strict about making it known Hannah was his friend and he had to do the right thing. So for Ephram to start dating Hannah would have been against everything Ephram was all about. There was the Madison band lie. Ephram was an idiot there. But dating a girl who is the best friend of the woman you love and the ex of your best friend would never realistically happen. It would have been ridiculous.

Thinking about it, I could see Ephram and Hannah hanging out as they were hurting over Amy and Bright. But any romantic sparks would have been a joke.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly. It never would have worked. Ever. Ephram was the one who told Bright to tell Hannah about the cheating. Ephram was strict about making it known Hannah was his friend and he had to do the right thing. So for Ephram to start dating Hannah would have been against everything Ephram was all about. There was the Madison band lie. Ephram was an idiot there. But dating a girl who is the best friend of the woman you love and the ex of your best friend would never realistically happen. It would have been ridiculous.

Thinking about it, I could see Ephram and Hannah hanging out as they were hurting over Amy and Bright. But any romantic sparks would have been a joke.
Well said. In so many ways, the show getting cancelled and us getting that beautiful ending was a blessing in disguise.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-26-2024, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Well said. In so many ways, the show getting cancelled and us getting that beautiful ending was a blessing in disguise.
I truly believe so.

I mean, would we want to see Madison’s dumb mug again?
Old 04-27-2024, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Ephram/Hannah would have just tainted the spirit of the show and made it soap opera . If we like Everwood is because it was not a soap opera. We did not see Amy and Ephram changing their partners like napkins and I like that. It is not like nowadays shows where the OTP spends most of the time apart and with lots of other people.

And to be honest there was not a need for Ephram to be with someone in Season 5. Like why?
Old 04-27-2024, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I truly believe so.

You guys wanting to see Madison? Never. Well maybe I don’t know in a scene where is getting killed or something like that or a scene that says that Madison/Ephram was a dream. That could have worked. Anything else? Nah, you are out of it guys!
Old 04-27-2024, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ephram/Hannah would have just tainted the spirit of the show and made it soap opera . If we like Everwood is because it was not a soap opera. We did not see Amy and Ephram changing their partners like napkins and I like that. It is not like nowadays shows where the OTP spends most of the time apart and with lots of other people.

And to be honest there was not a need for Ephram to be with someone in Season 5. Like why?
That is so true about it becoming a soap opera if Ephram and Hannah got together. And that’s so true about the reasons we like Everwood, and one of them being the series was never like the rest… it was never like teen shows or a soap opera in any form. That’s also too true about Ephram and Amy. Amy never slept with anyone BUT Ephram which is remarkable. Ephram was only with Madison and Amy which is also remarkable.

Nope, that’s right. No need. He loved Amy. He didn’t want to date or even be with Stephanie who was very cool overall. He didn’t want to sleep with her. He only wanted Amy. So if Amy would have taken a step back because of Madison’s return then Ephram would have just waited for her. There’s no way Ephram Brown would have figured the best way to get Amy back was dating her best friend. LOL.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You guys wanting to see Madison? Never. Well maybe I don’t know in a scene where is getting killed or something like that or a scene that says that Madison/Ephram was a dream. That could have worked. Anything else? Nah, you are out of it guys!
Old 04-27-2024, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I truly believe so.

Exactly. What I'll never understand is why anyone would think that we'd want to see Madison again. Everyone hated her, and bringing her back would just cause more anguish for Ephram, and it would have delayed Ephram and Amy's reunion, and for what? To reintroduce a baby storyline that had already concluded? To cause not only Ephram, but the people that adopted his and Madison's baby, pain and suffering? No thanks.

Old 04-27-2024, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:

That is so true that bringing back Madison would have the show veer into soap opera territory again (which the Madisongate storyline clearly did) and it would have definitely tainted the spirit of the show and taken away from its legacy. The only storylines that really didn't meet the high standards that we came to expect from Everwood were Ephram and Madison relationship and the Andy and Amanda affair, but at least with Andy and Amanda, she left and we never had to see her again, but we were never allowed to be rid of Madison thanks to the baby storyline, and to have her return once again would just bring back a completely unwanted soap opera storyline that no one wanted to see.

We also didn't need to see Ephram with anyone else, especially Madison. I will say that I didn't mind Stephanie, though, but I think that her main purpose was to make Amy realize that she still loved Ephram and that she needed to tell him that she still loved him.

Old 04-28-2024, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That is so true about it becoming a soap opera if Ephram and Hannah got together. And that’s so true about the reasons we like Everwood, and one of them being the series was never like the rest… it was never like teen shows or a soap opera in any form. That’s also too true about Ephram and Amy. Amy never slept with anyone BUT Ephram which is remarkable. Ephram was only with Madison and Amy which is also remarkable.
This! And I am not saying that if Amy and Ephram had slept with other partners, we would have liked their couple less. It is more on the overall story we are seeing. We did not need Amy and Ephram to exchange partners that are in their friends circle. It is not what the show was about.

Quote:
Nope, that’s right. No need. He loved Amy. He didn’t want to date or even be with Stephanie who was very cool overall. He didn’t want to sleep with her. He only wanted Amy. So if Amy would have taken a step back because of Madison’s return then Ephram would have just waited for her. There’s no way Ephram Brown would have figured the best way to get Amy back was dating her best friend. LOL.
I mean sorry but indeed it would be moronic and idiotic for Ephram to think that the best way to get back with Amy is to date her best friend. In what world that makes sense ? And to top of it to date the person that his best friend has feelings for. I know Ephram is not like super wild and mature but still I think at his college age he would have figured out that is not a smart move.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. What I'll never understand is why anyone would think that we'd want to see Madison again. Everyone hated her, and bringing her back would just cause more anguish for Ephram, and it would have delayed Ephram and Amy's reunion, and for what? To reintroduce a baby storyline that had already concluded? To cause not only Ephram, but the people that adopted his and Madison's baby, pain and suffering? No thanks.
Yes and wasn’t there an episode in Season 4 where Ephram made peace with the baby knowing it was given for adoption? For me the baby story coming back could have made sense only if it was about to give Ephram closure. That’s the only thing that would have been somewhat bearable. Everything else - nope.

To be fair I would have preferred to not have the baby at all because having the baby causes hurt for both Ephram and Amy for different reasons. For Amy it will always be a reminder that Ephram had something with Madison and that this kid exists and is part of him. For Ephram I can see how the idea that you have a child you did not have the opportunity to meet or raise is taunting and there might be a remaining sense of guilt. It is not an easy thing to deal with. I am not saying he was not to blame for it. Madison did not get pregnant on her own. He had a part in this. That does not mean that is easy for him to move on. Realistically speaking it would not be easy for him to forget this and move on. It is something that it will always be with him. So him having closure with this is the most we needed but I felt we got that and did not need to see/hear about Madison and the baby again.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That is so true that bringing back Madison would have the show veer into soap opera territory again (which the Madisongate storyline clearly did) and it would have definitely tainted the spirit of the show and taken away from its legacy. The only storylines that really didn't meet the high standards that we came to expect from Everwood were Ephram and Madison relationship and the Andy and Amanda affair, but at least with Andy and Amanda, she left and we never had to see her again, but we were never allowed to be rid of Madison thanks to the baby storyline, and to have her return once again would just bring back a completely unwanted soap opera storyline that no one wanted to see.
And it was not needed and it definitely would not have elevated the show. More like downgraded it.

Quote:
We also didn't need to see Ephram with anyone else, especially Madison. I will say that I didn't mind Stephanie, though, but I think that her main purpose was to make Amy realize that she still loved Ephram and that she needed to tell him that she still loved him.
I think most of us found Stephanie cool but like you said she was not introduced to be long term partner of Ephram. She had a purpose and she served it well I would say.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Precisely, especially since her mug and phone call would have caused Amy to be stranded at the Ferris Wheel waiting for an Ephram that never came out because he was on the phone with Madison. That would have been horrendous.

Exactly... everyone already knew Madison represented trouble and drama. Berlanti would have literally destroyed the character into a million pieces if she was returning in an attempt to try and steal the baby away from his parents. Ephram NEVER would have been on board with such a selfish act. Ever. Ephram might have wanted to meet his son later when he was much older, no doubt about it. But to be a part of taking him away from the only parents the baby has ever known, Ephram never would have agreed to this. So I am sure Madison eventually would have agreed with Ephram and left. So what is the point her return? It would have been pointless and only caused aggravation for the fans and characters involved.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This! And I am not saying that if Amy and Ephram had slept with other partners, we would have liked their couple less. It is more on the overall story we are seeing. We did not need Amy and Ephram to exchange partners that are in their friends circle. It is not what the show was about.

I mean sorry but indeed it would be moronic and idiotic for Ephram to think that the best way to get back with Amy is to date her best friend. In what world that makes sense ? And to top of it to date the person that his best friend has feelings for. I know Ephram is not like super wild and mature but still I think at his college age he would have figured out that is not a smart move.
Precisely. It would have gone well beyond anything recognizable that we’ve seen on the show. It would have poked at the story and there was no need to go there.

Ephram never would have gone there. Hannah, she wouldn’t have either. The only way I could have seen this as a possibility would have been if Ephram and Hannah were upset over Amy and Bright and grabbed a dinner as friends…. see, even when I started typing this it doesn’t make any sense. LOL. Ephram and Hannah grabbing food might have happened, but there’s no way they would’ve had any romantic tension.

3.3 ruled out any Ephram and Hannah possibility along with how loyal they were to their friendships with the Abbott siblings.
Reply   Post New Thread