Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2024, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's what always set Everwood apart. The acting and the writing were incredible. Even the guest stars were first-rate, like Kate Mara for example.
It honestly was so not typical WB show - had good writing and acting .
Old 01-30-2024, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It honestly was so not typical WB show - had good writing and acting .
That's for sure!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Hands down! And especially impressive for Emily knowing her age at the time.
100%. The critics were raving over Emily’s performance. On any other network she would have been at the very least, nominated, and maybe even would have won the hardware. The network wasn’t taken seriously. The Emmy people probably didn’t bother to see that Everwood was different.

It is interesting thinking about what might have happened if Greg Berlanti was already fully established THEN Everwood was created. I bet the Emmy people would have investigated what Everwood was about in this scenario.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's what always set Everwood apart. The acting and the writing were incredible. Even the guest stars were first-rate, like Kate Mara for example.
Very true. So many top actors guest starred on our show.

I find it interesting as I start watching Felicity with Alexa and Shu… I’ve only seen one episode, but I can definitely see the quality of Felicity and that it’s closer to Everwood than Dawson’s Creek. Keri Russell is an award winning actress. She’s fantastic. Yet… the WB had NO idea what a gem they had on their network. They didn’t care they had Keri Russell. Isn’t that unbelievable? LOL.

The WB had Keri Russell, Michelle Williams, and Emily VanCamp and still gave all the attention to Katie Holmes. It almost feels like an April Fool's joke, it cannot be real.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Very true. So many top actors guest starred on our show.

I find it interesting as I start watching Felicity with Alexa and Shu… I’ve only seen one episode, but I can definitely see the quality of Felicity and that it’s closer to Everwood than Dawson’s Creek. Keri Russell is an award winning actress. She’s fantastic. Yet… the WB had NO idea what a gem they had on their network. They didn’t care they had Keri Russell. Isn’t that unbelievable? LOL.

The WB had Keri Russell, Michelle Williams, and Emily VanCamp and still gave all the attention to Katie Holmes. It almost feels like an April Fool's joke, it cannot be real.
Yes, Felicity also had some excellent actors and guest stars on it, and Keri Russell was outstanding. Yes, it's unbelievable that the WB focused on crap shows and actors when they had some excellent shows and actors that they should have focused on.

Did you buy DVD's of Felicity Michelle?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-30-2024, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
100%. The critics were raving over Emily’s performance. On any other network she would have been at the very least, nominated, and maybe even would have won the hardware. The network wasn’t taken seriously. The Emmy people probably didn’t bother to see that Everwood was different.

It is interesting thinking about what might have happened if Greg Berlanti was already fully established THEN Everwood was created. I bet the Emmy people would have investigated what Everwood was about in this scenario.
I agree. Her acting deserved Emmy nomination 100 %. We don’t know against whom she would have been, but I am sure she would have had chances winning as well.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree. Her acting deserved Emmy nomination 100 %. We don’t know against whom she would have been, but I am sure she would have had chances winning as well.
That’s what I was thinking as well. We don’t know exactly who her competition would have been but you would have to believe surely she would’ve been nominated. And then you wonder about Greg Smith, of course, Treat Williams, Tom Amandes. They easily could have been recognized too.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That’s what I was thinking as well. We don’t know exactly who her competition would have been but you would have to believe surely she would’ve been nominated. And then you wonder about Greg Smith, of course, Treat Williams, Tom Amandes. They easily could have been recognized too.
Yes, those core 4 were great and honestly just on another level acting wise.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, Felicity also had some excellent actors and guest stars on it, and Keri Russell was outstanding. Yes, it's unbelievable that the WB focused on crap shows and actors when they had some excellent shows and actors that they should have focused on.

Did you buy DVD's of Felicity Michelle?
It’s so ridiculous. Shu was talking about how Felicity was treated at times and sacrificed because of Dawson’s Creek. It is unbelievable.

I bought the S1 DVD from Amazon. Haven’t bought the other three yet. We are watching one episode every Friday. We are doing it the Everwood way. Since the episode length per season is long, coupled with the once a week, I have time to get the other three seasons. Right now it’s not on any app for free so that is why I bought S1. It was cheaper than signing up for something I don’t use.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, those core 4 were great and honestly just on another level acting wise.
100%. Yet the network preferred the teen soap style and had no use for Everwood. The CW agreed.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
100%. Yet the network preferred the teen soap style and had no use for Everwood. The CW agreed.
I guess they wanted to cater to difference audience that enjoys soap operas instead of quality TV!
Old 01-30-2024, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It’s so ridiculous. Shu was talking about how Felicity was treated at times and sacrificed because of Dawson’s Creek. It is unbelievable.

I bought the S1 DVD from Amazon. Haven’t bought the other three yet. We are watching one episode every Friday. We are doing it the Everwood way. Since the episode length per season is long, coupled with the once a week, I have time to get the other three seasons. Right now it’s not on any app for free so that is why I bought S1. It was cheaper than signing up for something I don’t use.
That's great! Scott Foley, who played Noel, was married to Jennifer Garner for a while. They met when she guest-starred on Felicity.

Old 01-30-2024, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I guess they wanted to cater to difference audience that enjoys soap operas instead of quality TV!
It was their target audience, and unfortunately they weren’t willing to evolve.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's great! Scott Foley, who played Noel, was married to Jennifer Garner for a while. They met when she guest-starred on Felicity.
That’s interesting. I knew they were married (didn’t work out), but didn’t know Felicity was how they met.

It is funny because I watched the first episode and the minute I saw Noel, I thought of Foley’s character on Dawson’s Creek and wish I didn’t. LOL. But Noel seems very sweet.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That’s interesting. I knew they were married (didn’t work out), but didn’t know Felicity was how they met.

It is funny because I watched the first episode and the minute I saw Noel, I thought of Foley’s character on Dawson’s Creek and wish I didn’t. LOL. But Noel seems very sweet.
I really liked Noel in Season One of Felicity. I liked him better than Ben back then, and I didn't understand Felicity's obsession with Ben. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to spoil anything for you.

Reply   Post New Thread