View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 05:52 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ephram/Hannah would have just tainted the spirit of the show and made it soap opera . If we like Everwood is because it was not a soap opera. We did not see Amy and Ephram changing their partners like napkins and I like that. It is not like nowadays shows where the OTP spends most of the time apart and with lots of other people.

And to be honest there was not a need for Ephram to be with someone in Season 5. Like why?
That is so true that bringing back Madison would have the show veer into soap opera territory again (which the Madisongate storyline clearly did) and it would have definitely tainted the spirit of the show and taken away from its legacy. The only storylines that really didn't meet the high standards that we came to expect from Everwood were Ephram and Madison relationship and the Andy and Amanda affair, but at least with Andy and Amanda, she left and we never had to see her again, but we were never allowed to be rid of Madison thanks to the baby storyline, and to have her return once again would just bring back a completely unwanted soap opera storyline that no one wanted to see.

We also didn't need to see Ephram with anyone else, especially Madison. I will say that I didn't mind Stephanie, though, but I think that her main purpose was to make Amy realize that she still loved Ephram and that she needed to tell him that she still loved him.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote