Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Another of the big four (Berlanti, Mimoun, Taylor, Green) writers has had a pilot picked up:

Quote:
Gotham, from Michael Green (Everwood, Heroes), centers on a female cop who discovers that a magical world exists within New York City.
That guy can't help but be insanely ambitious!

ETA: I thought you all might enjoy this recent pic of John Beasley doing his best impression of the Andy Brown beard (heh):

That's from him testifying at a committee for giving incentives to bring more of filming to Nebraska.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 02-01-2012 at 09:53 PM
Old 02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Yes, I hope he casts some of the Everwoodians that aren't working too, Matt! The more shows that make it from Berlanti, the more likely Tom Amandes will at least appear in one of them. For all of the insane ideas for S5, and all of the ideas he's had for TV shows since, the man at least appreciates Tom Amandes.
Here's hoping!! We really need Tom back on TV, and we already know Berlanti knows how to use him right! Would be fun for him to be on the Green Arrow show somehow, maybe as Oliver Queen's dad? Or in the romantic comedy. We all know how brilliantly hilarious Tom is.

But most likely, if Berlanti were to do the smart thing and cast our beloved Tom in one of his pilots, it'd be the political drama one. Especially since Tom is playing Abe Lincoln in that new movie coming out this year.
HAROLD: I don't know what you mean.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

Ohhh, yes, I would LOVE to see Tom in the political drama. I think that's where he'd be best suited too. But, yeah, any of the shows would work. I'd really like to see him in a comedy; we haven't seen him do anything fun or funny for way too long! Tom can do anything. Why is it that we're the only ones that can see that? If the Everwood board was in charge of Hollywood, Tom would be everywhere!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Ohhh, yes, I would LOVE to see Tom in the political drama. I think that's where he'd be best suited too. But, yeah, any of the shows would work. I'd really like to see him in a comedy; we haven't seen him do anything fun or funny for way too long! Tom can do anything. Why is it that we're the only ones that can see that? If the Everwood board was in charge of Hollywood, Tom would be everywhere!
Yeah, Political Drama would be interesting, not my favourite, cos I don't really know what I would think about a show like that but it could work. Comedy he can. But how can you say "Tom can do anything"? You can judge that based on Everwood, he can play both the sweet kind funny husband and the angry bitter annoyed doctor like when Everwood started. Have seen Tom on Parenthood, where he was really cool and on Eli Stone (Berlanti show), where he was not so good I remember, he couldn't really show his skills in that small role as Martin Posner. Yeah, and I saw him on Andy's Against The Wall, as I mentioned back then, he didn't seem too good for that role. I don't doubt his acting skills, the role was not right for him, he didn't nail it.

Anyway, from his IMDb profile, I see that Tom has done a huge amount of TV work. Is there anything anybody can recommend?
Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen any of Tom's older work, but if you try any out, let me know if you would recommend it.

I'm now kind of excited for Berlanti's comedy:

Joanna Garcia!

Quote:
Garcia will play Wendy, the best friend and long-time business partner to the series’ central lead, Nick. After having a health scare, Nick realizes Wendy is The One and must figure out how to break the news to her. (Shades of her perfect girl next door character on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother, yeah?)
Joanna Garcia to Star in Greg Berlanti/Greg Malins CBS Comedy Pilot
Old 02-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I haven't seen any of his older work either, but I'd love to see The Untouchables series. Too bad it's not out on DVD! I bet he's fabulous as Eliot Ness.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, that's what I'd like to see most from him too, Lemony. I mean, Tom as a lead character? That's pretty sweet. I believe it had 40+ episodes too, so...ooh, to get my hands on that. *rubs hands together*

*goes to vote for it on tvshowsondvd.com*
Old 02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

One of my favorites, and Eugene Brown himself, Charles Durning, turned 89 yesterday!

The only other work I've seen of Tom's before Everwood was an episode of "The King Of Queens", where he played Kevin James' boss. I also saw him in the movie "When Good Ghouls Go Bad".

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
The only other work I've seen of Tom's before Everwood was an episode of "The King Of Queens", where he played Kevin James' boss. I also saw him in the movie "When Good Ghouls Go Bad".
Ooh, how was he in both of those?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonyPie (View Post)
Ooh, how was he in both of those?
He didn't have much of a part in TKOQ. His character was having a "roast", and Kevin James was nervous about making fun of him at the event. Basically, Tom sat there at the table. He had a few lines, but not many.

In WGGGB, he was the dad of the the family who live in a town who don't celebrate Halloween because of a past tragedy. It was a big part, but it was the typical disbelieving dad role who finally sees what's been going on in the end. He had black hair in this movie. Lol.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
He didn't have much of a part in TKOQ. His character was having a "roast", and Kevin James was nervous about making fun of him at the event. Basically, Tom sat there at the table. He had a few lines, but not many.

In WGGGB, he was the dad of the the family who live in a town who don't celebrate Halloween because of a past tragedy. It was a big part, but it was the typical disbelieving dad role who finally sees what's been going on in the end. He had black hair in this movie. Lol.
Darn! Sounds like they didn't quite use Tom to his full capacity, but hey, some Tom in a TV show or movie is better than no Tom.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Happy birthday Charles Durning! I knew there was another Eugene fan here, Barry.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonyPie (View Post)
Darn! Sounds like they didn't quite use Tom to his full capacity, but hey, some Tom in a TV show or movie is better than no Tom.
That's true!

I wish we could of seen Charles as Eugene again, Tos. Again, damn you Dawn O.!!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's true!

I wish we could of seen Charles as Eugene again, Tos. Again, damn you Dawn O.!!!!
We should all have that as our signatures! It's never not true.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
We should all have that as our signatures! It's never not true.
Ha ha! We'll be the "Damn you Dawn!" club.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread