Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I hope you didn't strain yourself spreading the cream cheese.
*cackle*

Eggs...meh. I'm not nearly the egg fan that I am cheese fan, so ya'll are safe.

I detest the smell of scrambled eggs cooking (which goes for omelets too) so I rarely eat them even though they're tasty. When I do fix them I usually add some chopped onion and spinach and cheeeeeeese and roll them up into a warmed flour tortilla (and sit very far away from the stove to eat LOL). Mmmmm.

I like a fried egg on top of hashbrowns when I'm in the mood to make them. I like omelets but like I said earlier, the smell makes me gag so I have an omelet maybe a couple of times a year.

Love deviled eggs but find them a pain to prepare. I do put chopped hardboiled eggs into tuna salad and potato salad, but that's about it.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like my eggs boiled....scrambled....turned over well.....omelet....fritata. The only way I don't like eggs is raw (ala Rocky) or sunny side up.

As I said previously....when I was younger....The egg was my staple food because I was so fussy.

I like Taylor Ham with my eggs. Many people outside the NY Metropolitan area have never heard of Taylor Ham. It's a brand name for Pork Roll...it's delicious. I love a Taylor ham/egg/cheese sandwich with ketchup..salt and pepper on a bagel. This is a sinful, yummy treat.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Scrambled, fried, hard, poached and omelets are my faves, personally. What does a deviled egg taste like? I've never had one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief
And don't knock minimal breakfast prep! I eat yogurt, heh. Talk about no-fuss (although, you know, there's the whole part where I stir in some dried fruit, too, so...yeah! That's work! ).
Oh, yeah. All that stirring? You could pull something!

How much yogurt do you eat for breakfast? Does it fill you up? Well, I guess it does since you do it, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
I like a fried egg on top of hashbrowns when I'm in the mood to make them.
Hmm. Make us some next time you're in that mood. Because that sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I like Taylor Ham with my eggs. Many people outside the NY Metropolitan area have never heard of Taylor Ham. It's a brand name for Pork Roll...it's delicious. I love a Taylor ham/egg/cheese sandwich with ketchup..salt and pepper on a bagel. This is a sinful, yummy treat.
Count me in the many who have never heard of a Taylor Ham! Does sound good, except I can't imagine the mix you like with ketchup, egg and cheese! I think I'm just very picky with ketchup, hee. Hate it with egg, hate it with cheese. So the combination...but all together? I'd have to try it! Very different!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos
How much yogurt do you eat for breakfast? Does it fill you up? Well, I guess it does since you do it, heh.
One cup (8 oz.), although the kind I favor comes in 6 oz. containers, so I have to do some combining. I rarely have that huge of an appetite, so it works for me.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
What does a deviled egg taste like? I've never had one!
Mmmmm, deviled eggs. I love 'em, hubby loves 'em, kids love 'em. Well, except for my middle child, he doesn't care for them. Deviled eggs are a staple at a southern potluck. We even have special trays to serve them on, with slots to lay the eggs in so they don't slide around on the tray when you're picking them up.

All you do is hard boil some eggs and slice them in half. Pop out the yolks and mash them, then add a little mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, finely diced onion if you like it, and salt/pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the hole in the halved egg whites and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color and a little kick. I usually skip the paprika for the kids' sake.

They're really simple to make, I don't know why I don't make them more often. If you're making a whole lot at a time, you can put the filling into a pastry bag to make it easier and faster to fill the egg whites.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Count me in the many who have never heard of a Taylor Ham! Does sound good, except I can't imagine the mix you like with ketchup, egg and cheese! I think I'm just very picky with ketchup, hee. Hate it with egg, hate it with cheese. So the combination...but all together? I'd have to try it! Very different!
I bet Andy and Ephram have had a Taylor Ham sandwich in their day.

Taryn, I will eat Deviled eggs...but I'm not super crazy about them. Maybe it's the raw onion that I don't like.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info on deviled eggs, Taryn. See? You do know your eggs! I'll have to try 'em out one of these days. Doesn't sound like anything too too exotic that I won't like, heh, but also sounds like they'll have a nice kick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I bet Andy and Ephram have had a Taylor Ham sandwich in their day.
No doubt! On H & H Bagels too, probably. *had to look that up*
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Here's a topic... pizza. LOL.

I was just telling Betty my sensitive stomach always creates hell for me if I touch a pizza that is more deep dish since the dough likes to sit there for what seems like forever, making me feel like I have been poisoned, heh. Somehow this convo then had me remembering she is from New Jersey so I thought about different types of pizza in the US in style, etc. I know, for example, Cleveland style is a version of New York style but it still has its own distinct features. I grew up on it so I like it very much. Chicago style is different from Cleveland....

I was specifically wondering what the difference is between New Jersey style versus New York style pizza? Is there a huge difference?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

I was specifically wondering what the difference is between New Jersey style versus New York style pizza? Is there a huge difference?
It's my opinion that the best NJ pizza is NY style pizza. NY style pizza is a thin-crust pizza...crisp....with fresh tomatoes, olive oil, basil, grated parmasian, and often fresh Mozarella.

That's the type of pizza I seek. A thin crust (often baked in a brick oven) is so much tastier than the the thicker/soggy/cardboard variety of crust.

I am interested to hear about pizza in other parts of the country and Canada.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Addicted Fan

I usually prefer a nice, thin crust pizza. Sometimes I get a hankerin' for a nice deep dish, but that's a rare thing and it has to be a very tasty crust.

I just make my own pizza crust most of the time.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just make my own pizza crust most of the time.
That's the best way. Then the crust is always thin.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I agree with you guys that I prefer more of a thin crust and obviously so does my GI tract, heh.

Quote:
It's my opinion that the best NJ pizza is NY style pizza. NY style pizza is a thin-crust pizza...crisp....with fresh tomatoes, olive oil, basil, grated parmasian, and often fresh Mozarella.

That's the type of pizza I seek. A thin crust (often baked in a brick oven) is so much tastier than the the thicker/soggy/cardboard variety of crust.

I am interested to hear about pizza in other parts of the country and Canada.
Chicago style, I do not like very much. It's so thick and I am not a huge fan of the sauce being on the outside. Has anyone tried Chicago pizza and if so, what do you think?

Cleveland style and how it differs from New York... it is thicker dough, small cuts instead of foldable slices, cooked in a pan and not on the oven floor. Those are the main differences, I think.

Although is also varies, because you will find many Italian American Clevelanders who make a wonderful thin crust pie as well as a deeper crust.... I found this quote that fits:

Quote:
If you ask ten people in Cleveland to name their favorite pizza restaurant, you're likely to get ten different answers. Located midway between Chicago and New York City, Cleveland embraces both the deep-dish and the thin crust pizza -- almost equally.
But a classic way to describe a "typical" Cleveland style would be having a thicker crust than New York but thinner than Chicago.

Taryn, is there such a thing as "southern-style" pizza?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

I haven't given much thought to different styles of pizza, so I didn't even think about drastically different ones! Hmm, have to go with thin crust too, though! I don't really know if Canada has a different pizza style, though. I think our Pizza Huts and Dominoes do the same stuff as you guys. I don't think I've had a pizza in the States before. Now you've got me thinking.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pizza Hut and Dominoes?

That's not pizza!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Pizza Hut and Dominoes?

That's not pizza!!!!
No, probably not, eh? I don't eat from them either, but I was just using that "pizza" as an example that our "pizza" is the same, hee. I get mine from a local pizzeria. Better pizza for a fraction of the cost.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread