Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2021, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
It literally paralyzed any future career all for a teen soap he had the keys to drive... and he drove it off a cliff.
Well said.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-12-2021, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Well said.
No one wins given the Dawson's Creek ending which destroyed the series as a whole. Not even Pacey/Joey fans because the story didn't make any sense and honest Pacey/Joey fans understand this.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Below is a post I made on the Dawson Creek; The Pacey UNappreciation thread. We not attending his pity party. And the reply to my post, I thought the reply was quite good.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Posted by Mex

Think about after Pacey and Andie had sex. They were both happy and there were no discussions of "Was I good?"

Actually as written, Pacy and Joey were done and I mean done after season four.

It took the unavailability of Meredith Monroe and pressure put on KW by Stupin and the network to come with the abomination of an ending to the series.

Mex's reply

Yes. Also, when you rewatch all of the seasons, there is one distinct thing that I see standing out.

Each season ends up with Dawson and Joey. I mean look at season 4 for instance, after everything that happened, they still share that very romantic kiss which defies all relationships they had with other people. It completely shuts down anything with Pacey. I don’t understand any PJo shipping when you see that, it just crumbles it down.

Finally, season 5, Pacey and Joey are again back to the season 1 status, nothing between them like they never existed as a couple. Dawson and Joey then back to will they won’t they from season 1 and finally that romantic ending where they kiss yet again, and they do it after she runs to the airport...I mean...how can anyone claim that it was meant to be anything BUT DJo in the end. KW just ran over his whole story and everything in the 6 seasons.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Is it wrong that one of the things I love about Coda is how hated it is by the P/J fan base?
Old 04-12-2021, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
Is it wrong that one of the things I love about Coda is how hated it is by the P/J fan base?
No, it's not wrong at all! They called it Co-DUH! because they hated it so much and Joey dismissed what she had with Pacey and called her and Dawson's relationship pure magic.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-12-2021, 07:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
No, it's not wrong at all! They called it Co-DUH! because they hated it so much and Joey dismissed what she had with Pacey and called her and Dawson's relationship pure magic.
I just think it’s great after all we had to put up with in S3/4 we got an amazing D/J centric episode.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I just think it’s great after all we had to put up with in S3/4 we got an amazing D/J centric episode.
I completely agree.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Below is a post I made on the Dawson Creek; The Pacey UNappreciation thread. We not attending his pity party. And the reply to my post, I thought the reply was quite good.
Every season finale was DJ-centric.

Also... this is a PJer posting so ignore the pro-PJ affection, but I wanted to get the scene:

This person is actually right. It was very weird writing. One minute they’re supposedly happy and two seconds later Joey dumps him. All PJ did was hurt each other. Pacey was miserable throughout all of S4, broke up with her in the worst way. Then there’s this stupid moment in the gif... why does Joey go from acting like she’s content to dumping him two seconds later? Acting is the key word.

The answer is they were unhealthy, toxic, their entire relationship didn’t make any sense, and they constantly brought out the worst in each other.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
This person is actually right. It was very weird writing. One minute they’re supposedly happy and two seconds later Joey dumps him. All PJ did was hurt each other. Pacey was miserable throughout all of S4, broke up with her in the worst way. Then there’s this stupid moment in the gif... why does Joey go from acting like she’s content to dumping him two seconds later? Acting is the key word.
I actually think her words in Love Bites are more harsh than his in Promicide. I think the prom moment itself is more harsh tho because he did it in public.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I actually think her words in Love Bites are more harsh than his in Promicide. I think the prom moment itself is more harsh tho because he did it in public.
I agree.

That's something that I've never understood. Joey basically treated both Dawson and Pacey like crap and she broke their hearts, but they both acted like she walked on water.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I completely agree. You summed it up perfectly.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Another post by mex from the Dawson Creek forum...Pacey unappreciation thread.

Quote:
I really like this thread, too bad that some of the posts are 10 years old haha xD

I especially agree with how Pacey was preaching to everyone about honesty and fairness, while at the same time completely backstabbing his best friend and ruining it all for everyone.

Finale makes no sense, he is by far not the guy for Joey, Dawson is and always will be. When she goes into any serious marital fight with Pacey she will run back to Dawson for comfort, because that’s Joey, attention seeker and never able to decide what she wants. Even the finale shows she forced the decision, not even the show creator could hide it in their body language.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Agreed.

We never saw PJ established. You just felt like they would continue to fight and Joey would never stop talking to Dawson. The formula is really predictable.

It is why Williamson’s gut instinct when he looked into the future... he said PJ would be divorced. Then he paused and added on that softening stance of they’d probably work it out eventually. I think he realized he was exposed and had to do damage control since it made him look bad for being guilted into that ridiculous ending.

Bottom line is Greg Berlanti would never imagine Ephram/Amy in the future and say they’d be divorced. Never. He’d talk about their family with children and adventures instead. He adores his Ephram/Amy. You can feel it in his interviews, the writing, Greg/Emily’s portrayal and how much they love them too.

Kevin Williamson said PJ would be DIVORCED. You don’t say that about your supposed main romantic pairing if: 1) They were written strongly and believably and 2) You supported and felt good about the pairing.

Kevin did NOT feel good about PJ and the Dawson’s Creek ending. That much is clear.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-14-2021 at 08:11 AM
Old 04-14-2021, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Kevin Williamson is a tool who didn't finish what he started and he caved in to the idiot he left in charge. I'm glad that he's basically a has-been now.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Exactly.

Williamson failed his projects.

Berlanti shined with Everwood and now he owns the small screen with his Superhero franchise and many other projects.

Your first big project is a stepping stone.

Williamson has Scream but he’s never truly succeeded after Dawson’s Creek and TVD in a big, long-term way.

Berlanti has critically acclaimed Everwood and he took off with major success.

Such a major difference. They both took completely different paths.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread