Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

One Tree Hill's 7 Best And 7 Worst Episodes Ranked

Thoughts?
Old 10-07-2022, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Agree for the most part, don't agree with 4x02 being on the worst list.

While 6x11 clearly isn't a great or let own good episode imo, it's definitely not the worst episode OTH ever. Yet again, I've absolutely think Chad being the writer for that episode is part of the reason why it's considered the worst tbh. Think the fandom wouldn't be as critical on that episode if James was the one who wrote it tbh.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Agree for the most part, don't agree with 4x02 being on the worst list.

While 6x11 clearly isn't a great or let own good episode imo, it's definitely not the worst episode OTH ever. Yet again, I've absolutely think Chad being the writer for that episode is part of the reason why it's considered the worst tbh. Think the fandom wouldn't be as critical on that episode if James was the one who wrote it tbh.
Interesting. I didn’t even know he was the co-writer. LOL. Yes, it wasn’t my favorite episode but not because of bad writing. I just wanted Lucas and Peyton in real time. Completely agree that James would have received less backlash. Never understood why this was the reality with James. He walks on water with the fandom (fandom thinks he’s perfect).

Last edited by jediwands; 10-07-2022 at 05:48 AM
Old 10-07-2022, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Danny Boy (Season 9, Episode 11) = OTH at its best in my opinion. This episode represented the potential that was never fully explored but it was there. Excellent episode.

Glad… Some You Give Away (Season 4, Episode 9) was mentioned.

You can tell the writer of this article loves Leyton…

Season 6 should've been the Lucas and Peyton show, as audiences finally got the couple back after a long, arduous Season 5. Instead, the writers deemed it necessary to throw a standalone, inconsequential episode right in the middle of the season's momentum. Nothing in "We Three" contributes anything to the plot and the "Casablanca" routine had already grown long stale.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Interesting. I didn’t even know he was the co-writer. LOL. Yes, it wasn’t my favorite episode but not because of bad writing. I just wanted Lucas and Peyton in real time. Completely agree that James would have received less backlash. Never understood why this was the reality with James. He walks on water with the fandom (fandom thinks he’s perfect).
Think Chad was the only writer credited, but I'm sure it wasn't fully his script.

Definitely, it's really frustrating.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 10-08-2022, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

My Top 5:
1. 106 Every Night Is Another Story - The first ep that hooked me. Nathan/Lucas and Peyton/Haley moments were so fun. The storyline was hilarious but also well done. Loved this episode.

2. 316 With Tired Eyes... - School shooting, obviously phenomenal episode with amazing acting. Such a twist at the end too and super emotional. Loved the LP moments this ep as well.

3. 911 Danny Boy - Such a great episode to end Dan's journey on the show, it was very very well done imo. And super sad.

4. 322 The Show Must Go On - I thought this finale was STELLER. I dont even like NH but their wedding was so well done. The crash scene at the end was so memorable and crazy. Great music in this episode too and a lot of emotional moments/lines.

5. 107 Life in a Glass House - I adored season 1 and this was another steller episode imo it just brings back alot of nastalgia. The LP scenes were a big reason for me to place this so high, cannot lie. But i really enjoyed the other plots happening and the storyline getting deeper.

My other fav episodes. 317, aftermath of the school shooting. 223 season finale with the fire, so good and dramatic. 101 the pilot and 913 the finale, both very well done. 408 the banquet and peytons confession. soemthing about that episode i loved. 505 the flashback episode with the LP proposal. Super sad but also well done. 321 the naley re-enactment episode. The Lp flashback <3. 409 the state championship ep. 623 the LP wedding episode. And a lot more from season 1 probably lol. 603 with Q's death was strong.

Worst 5:

1. 513 Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace - by FAR the most boring oth ep eer. After the wedding, Lucas pining for Lindsey, and all the counseling stuff with NH and Peyton talking to Mark. god this ep was so dull and the most filler episode to ever exist. I loathe this ep.

2. 815 Valentines Day is Over - Season 8 ep with valentines day stuff. Super duper fillery and annoying and gross. I just remember Julian and Brooke having sex the whole episode it was just so bad!

3. 604 Bridge Over Troubled Water - I dont remember exactly waht this ep was, but i think Mick came to talk to peyton, and it was right beofre crazy Carrie came back? idk, I just remember it being super boring and slow.

4. 808 Mouthful of Diamonds - I dont remember much from this one either but hated it, and i think Brooke was stuck with Sylvia the whole epi, it was just so dull.

5. 606 Choosing my Own Way of Life - Another episode of Mick and Peyton and I think Lucas was on his book tour? IDK, this episode was also super duper dull!

I disliked a lot of eps in sesaon 8, a few in seasons 9 and 6. And maybe one or two in season 2. But nothing was that horrible in any of the other seasons except for the ones listed ^ imo.

Other than the v-day one i DONT agree with that list above. The eps they hated i liked lmao. I liked the au eps and the derek ep in 402 lol. Sorry.
Old 10-08-2022, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Think Chad was the only writer credited, but I'm sure it wasn't fully his script.

Definitely, it's really frustrating.
Oh really? Should have known the site I looked at was wrong.

What are your thoughts on why this would be?

Last edited by jediwands; 10-08-2022 at 05:49 AM
Old 10-08-2022, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Old 10-09-2022, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh really? Should have known the site I looked at was wrong.

What are your thoughts on why this would be?
What site did you look at?

Not sure, maybe his age when the show started had something to do with it.
Old 10-09-2022, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What site did you look at?

Not sure, maybe his age when the show started had something to do with it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1280366/

I know based on some of us doing a current (and awesome, hee) Everwood Rewatch when I put up an episode, Greg Berlanti always gets credit as a writer on imdb when he didn't actually write certain episodes so it doesn't surprise me Monster is listed; but then there is a third listed as well, an editor. In addition, I read on another site (and can't remember which one!) it stated CMM as a "co-writer" of the episode. However, these are the only two places I have seen "co-writer" since every other site lists Chad as the one and only writer of the episode.

I bet you are right about the younger age and giving him a free pass. Plus, I remember how many OTH fans had massive crushes on James in S1 especially. People were drooling so much I felt the need to throw them towels to wipe up the drool, it was unreal. Never understood why ( ) but was surprised the fandom didn't gush over Chad way more instead.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-09-2022 at 04:05 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread