Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I can see my kids in therapy now :

"It was terrible Doc!. Everwood all the time!. Dad kept calling my sister 'Delia' and tried to glue a beard on my face!. Thankfully, we stopped him before he got us into piano lessons and hired a hot babysitter....when we were 15".
Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)

"It was terrible Doc!. Everwood all the time!. Dad kept calling my sister 'Delia' and tried to glue a beard on my face!. Thankfully, we stopped him before he got us into piano lessons and hired a hot babysitter....when we were 15".
That is hilarious! Those kids should be so lucky!

Quote:
And at their weddings we can sit down together and watch a huge Everwood-and-chocolate-our-babies-are-leaving-us marathon. *cough* I'm thinking up such weird stories all the time... it's exhausting
Well, we'd definitely have to serve pudding at their weddings....Bright's yummy pudding. and pizza. Ephram loved pizza.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Oh, Barry, that's fantastic! Hee!

That reminds me of one of AB Chao's recap where she's trying to get her daughter to put on hats and be Delia, heh.

We'd have to serve kosher wine too, because Amy loves her some kosher wine!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
New Fan

Hi, I am new to all this forum marlarky. I am in the United Kingdom and am desperate for anything beyond season 1.

I have seen a box set advertised on the internet where someone has actually recorded all the episodes as they appeared on TV and edited out the adverts/commercials.

I am assuming by reading this and the original thread that no-one has gone down this route as you are all hanging out for season 2.

I have no idea as to the quality of it or the licensing laws governing this box set as like I said I am in England so I would be importing it.

It is on tvdvdmania and is all 89 episodes.

Any advice?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)

Yes! That's the spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Well, we'd definitely have to serve pudding at their weddings....Bright's yummy pudding. and pizza. Ephram loved pizza.
Everybody loves pizza. Cold pizza, right? What terrible weddings those are gonna be!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Everybody loves pizza. Cold pizza, right? What terrible weddings those are gonna be!
Oh yes! Cold pizza is the best....especially for breakfast.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklestar (View Post)
Hi, I am new to all this forum marlarky. I am in the United Kingdom and am desperate for anything beyond season 1.

I have seen a box set advertised on the internet where someone has actually recorded all the episodes as they appeared on TV and edited out the adverts/commercials.

I am assuming by reading this and the original thread that no-one has gone down this route as you are all hanging out for season 2.

I have no idea as to the quality of it or the licensing laws governing this box set as like I said I am in England so I would be importing it.

Any advice?
Welcome to the board!

I can definitely understand wanting the rest of the series! And that is a cheap price, isn't it? I'd be tempted myself, hee.

Hmm, I don't really know anything about buying them from that site. Quality is the big issue, and it's too bad someone hasn't bought the DVD set from that site before to help you there. It is illegal, as far as the licensing question. And that also means we can't really give advice on the matter, but I don't have any anyway so that's kind of moot, heh. If you do decide to get it, let us know how it works out!

That wasn't much help, was it? I don't really have any advice, but quality is the big key, so if you can find out what the quality is like beforehand, that would be a big plus.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklestar (View Post)

Any advice?
I also wish that I could help you! Have you only seen Season one? Are they no longer airing Everwood in England? From what I've heard....they show a couple of seasons, then stop for a year or two, and then show it again? Is this true?

I really don't know anything about the site that you mentioned. I wish that I could be of more help!
Please free to post on this board to discuss the show. We'd love to hear why you like the show and we'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about it.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 AM
New Fan

Hi and thank you for your replies.

I have seen all of seasons 1,2, and 3 but only some of season 4. It was shown here on Living TV which is as you would say is a paid cable channel. This channel usually gets all the latest shows from the states so it is the first station to air the likes of Greys Anatomy, Criminal Minds, CSI etc but Everwood was shown in the afternoon rather than a prime evening slot. It was shown several years ago so my memory is a bit rusty.

I can see I am going to be the first to buy that DVD just so I can have my fix of Everwood.

I have read your suggestions on where I can watch episodes and although I have done this it is very frustrating not being able to see them chronologically.

Plus there are sites I can't access because I am in the UK. So I am currently watching some on ABC Family.

I tried youtube but get tired of everyone doing their own little montage of clips with music.

That happened with Dawson's Creek so I ended up buying the whole 6 season box set.

I don't know why I loved Everwood, I think I liked the back water family values that are lax in the UK. As a nation the US is still considered to be quite conservative. I live in a large city so enjoyed all the amazing scenery and everyone trekking out in the snow whereas we Brits go to pieces if we have a small snow shower, seriously, everything grinds to a halt.

I loved seeing teenagers with goals and their general wholesomeness, not hanging around on street corners drinking alcohol.

My husband and I love the US and went to see the fall in New England for our honeymoon. Although we have lots of countryside in the UK we don't have the rugged rocky terrain that you have. We have rolling green fields.

Oooh, I seem to have written an essay! Anyway, it is lovely to see everyone so passionate about Everwood.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Oh yes! Cold pizza is the best....especially for breakfast.
Yeah! With ice-cream!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Yeah! With ice-cream!

Now we're pushing it!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Now we're pushing it!
No, it's really yummy.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I'm going to have to try it. Do you put the ice cream on the cold pizza or do you eat the ice cream on the side?

I guess it's called "Pizza ala Mode".
Old 12-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Okay, I'm going to have to try it. Do you put the ice cream on the cold pizza or do you eat the ice cream on the side?

I guess it's called "Pizza ala Mode".
I wouldn't mash it together if I were you.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

You guys are crazy, hee. I like my pizza heated up, thank you very much.

Ooh, no wonder you need an Everwood fix, sparklestar! Trying to watch the show on youtube is torture, and ABCFamily's episodes aren't all that fun either (I remember them being quite slow on my computer). Most of us, at least the regulars, have the episodes somehow or another, so we're definitely with you on getting to see the show. Especially seeing all of season four, because season four is amazing! I hope you've been able to see the very last episode, at least?

Quote:
I live in a large city so enjoyed all the amazing scenery and everyone trekking out in the snow whereas we Brits go to pieces if we have a small snow shower, seriously, everything grinds to a halt.
Hee, it's the same thing here around Vancouver. People forget how to drive, how to walk, how to take the bus, it's kind of funny actually. Although I remember Andy being like that too, not being prepared. Clueless Andy is hilarious.

Feel free to write more essays. We love essays here, heh. We could always use more passionate fans of Everwood!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread