Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's hard to find an even balance with Andy when it comes to the pregnancy and Madison. While he had a responsilbity to let the father of the child know, he wanted to protect Ephram. We have to remember that eventhough Andy was more of a surgeon and not a regular, 'make the rounds' doctor, he still saw a lot that probably influenced his decision. He was thinking of Ephram and that he was only 16. Andy was being a parent first and doctor second. He could have been a total jerk and told Madison he couldn't help her and sent her to some butcher for an abortion. But Andy wouldn't do that to a stranger much less to a situation when that someone is involved with his son, or was involved (depends on how you look at it). But then again, it's Ephram's right to know that he conceived a child...out of love, who knows. But he did what he did with Madison.

I can't say as I hate Andy for the decision he made, but you can't really hate him for protecting his son. Something, I think we can all agree with, protecting Ephram wasn't something he didn't think about doing until he moved to Everwood.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Something, I think we can all agree with, protecting Ephram wasn't something he didn't think about doing until he moved to Everwood.
Hmm. Interesting.

Brings me to a question, then:

How do we think Andy would have handled the whole Ephram getting a girl pregnant before they moved to Everwood?

And let's just pretend that Ephram isn't even way younger than he was with Madison to be having babies, hee. But I guess the point is: would Andy have still kept everything hidden before he really got to know his son? *ponders*
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so like if Eprham was the same age as Madison...or at least in college...like 19?

I think Andy would've ignored it at first as he did everything else until the he was really faced with it and had to deal with it.

We don't have too much backstory on Andy other than he was never home and never knew his kids.

I'd think that Julia would be left to handle the situation, like everything else.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
so like if Eprham was the same age as Madison...or at least in college...like 19?

I think Andy would've ignored it at first as he did everything else until the he was really faced with it and had to deal with it.

We don't have too much backstory on Andy other than he was never home and never knew his kids.

I'd think that Julia would be left to handle the situation, like everything else.
Agreed completely. He wouldn't have dealt with at all. We don't all love how he handled it at the end of S2, but at least he did something. He was involved. His heart was in the right place even if his head wasn't. If they were still in New York, he may have yelled a little, but mostly, he would have just went to work.

Sad that his actions at the end of S2 was the more positive option.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i kinda can't wait to see the unloading of Ephram's emotions when he finds out
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
i kinda can't wait to see the unloading of Ephram's emotions when he finds out
In that case you need to start a plan to get those DVDs, Patricia.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
In that case you need to start a plan to get those DVDs, Patricia.
Definitely! Two very important seasons are ahead of you. And I think you don't know as much about S3 as you did about any of the other seasons, so there's a lot of exciting surprises ahead of you as well.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know pretty much nothing in season 3, i haven't found any clips to tell me any stories for season 3. so I guess i'll be really surprised.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Patricia, do you have a projected time when you'll be able to acquire these DVDs?
Old 05-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

UGH MADISON PREGNANT WHY. WHYYYYYY. Why did they have to go this route, I seriously hate it. Worst thing the show ever did IMO. Who wants to see this SL? NOONE. I don't blame Andy for not telling or wanting to tell Ephram. He doesn't want his son to give up his dreams for Madison. It was unfair of him to ask her not to say anything, as Ephram is the father, its his right to know. I just think that Madison should have told Ephram months later or sometime. He would be devastated not to know about it.

As much as I love E/A I don't think Ephram should give up his dream for her! He needs to go to Juliard! But the little picnic that Ephram created was super adorable. “You’re it Amy. You’re the one I wanna be with.” So cute. I was so happy that he chose himself and his dreams!!! Giving everything up for Amy wouldn't have been the right choice. So much growth there. Ephram asking her to wait for him and then THAT KISS!!! Ugh so cute. Greg looks like a great kisser.

Harold and Andy working together is amazing! <3

Amy on the plane! I just love them so much omg. That is the cutest thing ever. I'm surprised her parents just let her go though? LOL. Ephram was so happy!

It didn't totally feel like a finale to me but I was okay with it. I am excited to start season 3!!! I don't remember much about 3/4 at all!
Old 05-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
UGH MADISON PREGNANT WHY. WHYYYYYY. Why did they have to go this route, I seriously hate it
You and every other Everwood fan hated this development! Terrible.
Quote:
So much growth there
I definitely love Ephram's confidence here. I think that the old Ephram would have stayed if Amy had asked him too. This Ephram had the guts to follow his dream and ask Amy to wait.

Quote:
Ephram looks like a great kisser.
This I have always believed. lol I think Ephram beat Bright hands down in the kissing department!

Quote:
Amy on the plane! I just love them so much omg. That is the cutest thing ever. I'm surprised her parents just let her go though? LOL. Ephram was so happy!
One of the Series best scenes.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
UGH MADISON PREGNANT WHY. WHYYYYYY. Why did they have to go this route, I seriously hate it. Worst thing the show ever did IMO. Who wants to see this SL? NOONE. I don't blame Andy for not telling or wanting to tell Ephram. He doesn't want his son to give up his dreams for Madison. It was unfair of him to ask her not to say anything, as Ephram is the father, its his right to know. I just think that Madison should have told Ephram months later or sometime. He would be devastated not to know about it.
Completely agree!

I have never been one to blame Andy that much for all of this. He was the one that tried to prevent the EM disaster in the first place but Madison insisted like the trouble making fool that she is. Andy gets a lot of blame and I've never understood why. He definitely shouldn't have told her not to tell him but he wasn't holding a gun to her head either. Madison was moronic going to Andy in the first place. She should have gone to a different doctor first. Then when the pregnancy was confirmed she should have marched right to the teenager in Ephram the adult got pregnant with and told him. It was 100% her responsibility. Whether or not Andy told her not to tell was immaterial. Madison had a mouth, we had to endure her sarcastic mouth plenty of times in the past. I find it ironic that during the moment she should have been blunt and told the truth she didn't. Madison owed Ephram the truth and she should have gone there, period. No, telling him right before his audition just to stick it to Andy doesn't count either.

The pregnancy storyline was the first sign of a low quality soap opera WTF moment and I hated it. Plus, if a character was going to get pregnant, it should have been a character we care about, not one most detested in Madison.

Quote:
As much as I love E/A I don't think Ephram should give up his dream for her! He needs to go to Juliard! But the little picnic that Ephram created was super adorable. “You’re it Amy. You’re the one I wanna be with.” So cute. I was so happy that he chose himself and his dreams!!! Giving everything up for Amy wouldn't have been the right choice. So much growth there. Ephram asking her to wait for him and then THAT KISS!!! Ugh so cute. Greg looks like a great kisser.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Harold and Andy working together is amazing! <3
Loved how you could call these two true friends at this point. It was awesome.

Quote:

It didn't totally feel like a finale to me but I was okay with it. I am excited to start season 3!!! I don't remember much about 3/4 at all!
Loved the plane moment. Ephram was so deliriously happy. I remember E/A fans jumping with happiness during this scene live knowing they would spend part of the summer in NYC together.

LOL So true about the Abbott's probably not ideally loving Amy leaving her small town she grew up in all her life and immediately jumping into NYC life with her new BF for several weeks. Of course it helps they knew Ephram and the Browns. It's also possible Harold and Rose were just so happy she was finally out of the horrible situational depression. They knew how happy and excited she was and they didn't want to disappoint her. Plus, Amy told Ephram she checked out the situation so I'm sure the Abbott's knew ahead of time where Amy was sleeping and all of that, haha.

Looking forward to your season 3 thoughts!

Last edited by jediwands; 06-06-2017 at 02:39 PM
Old 06-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I found the mountain scene and love the first comment at the end of the clip:

Quote:
ditrinipersian11 months ago
for some reason this couple just.. reminds me of pure love
Old 06-07-2017, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

that is so cute. i love reading comments on the ship clips. haha.

thats a good point about her parents just wanting her to be happy, i didnt think about that.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
that is so cute. i love reading comments on the ship clips. haha.

thats a good point about her parents just wanting her to be happy, i didnt think about that.
I love it too, especially a pairing like Ephram/Amy because you rarely hear anything negative about them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread