Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2004, 10:57 PM
New Fan

My thoughts....

I'm glad that I am not the only one who doesn't like the turn the show has taken with Madison. I think this is the writers of Everwood trying to create some suspense without actually working to come up with a good plot. I think the key word is "lazy" with a close second of "un-creative". I know they are looking for plot lines that they can use in season 3 and beyond, but Madison turning up pregnant is pretty lame.

Now on to the positives, the above with standing, I really liked the rest of the episode. I will be tuning in next season is to see these plot lines:

How Andy and Harold will deal with each other as partners, and watch how their friendship will grow. The scene with the two of them discussing Andy's dream, and Andy asking him to be his partner was the stand out scene of the episode (and possibly the season), great stuff.

The growing romance between Amy and Ephram, loved the picnic and Amy showing up on the airplane. I hope next season shows some of their time in New York, I think it would be interesting to see Amy out of her element, and Ephram see that NYC may be fun, but Everwood is home.

What Bright will do with his life, where his path will take him. Tied in with Bright is his friendship with Ephram, I am looking forward to seeing how that progresses, especially with the Ephram/Amy romance. Also I really liked Bright and Delia's friendship. Delia asking Bright to see a movie was a fun moment in this week's episode. It was such a surprise and I laughed out loud. I think they are good for each other.

Andy and Nina, that has so much untapped potential, you could fill up 2 or 3 seasons watching them learn to relate to each other.

It's a good thing the above plot lines were developed this season, if they were counting on the Madison story line to keep me interested, they would have failed miserably.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Passionate Fan

AWESOME ender! I loved it. Amy on the Plane was the best!!!
I have started an Everwood RPG on the RPG board, Please take a look and sign up
~Jeremiah 29:11~
Old 05-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I knew it was going to happen. I knew it. When my sister told me Madison was coming back again I knew she had to be pregnant. She makes me so angry. I never liked her. I didn't really like Ephram a whole lot either, mostly because he was so enraptured with Madison. But now that Amy, great Amy, likes him, he needs to be good for her. But no, he can't. He can't because he's going to have a kid. He is WAY too young for that responsability.
Even so, Ephram was old enough to have sex, he should be able to deal with the responsability.

I cannot believe Andy Brown is going to keep it all from him. He is only going to make that rift come back, the one he has been working so hard to fix. Ephram is going to be so angry.

So what about Amy? She gets screwed over again? Poor girl.

I must say, the bright day in this episode was Bright. I adore him; he's a wonderful character. Any guy like him has it right. I thought it was hilarious he was flipping through the channels for the Devry commercials. Oh, he's the good part of the show. I mean, we've got the whole Ephram/Bright bizzare friendship, the Independent Women karaoke session, the Promabego--- this guy is the best.

And I could not stop laughing at Dr. Abbott's chef's hat.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 05-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Just saying i unstuck this thread cause it's now over a week old, but feel free to keep discussing this ep.
-maria
Old 05-20-2004, 10:48 PM
New Fan

I loved this episode.

Amy/Ephram - I love these two together, mostly because I can live vicariously through Ephram when they're making out - Emily Vancamp is SO hot. And kudos to Ephram for following his heart and to Amy for showing how much she really did care about being with him by going with him.

Andy/Harold - I think Andy was a really big person here. What I mean is, Harold has been kind of a jerk to Andy the whole second half of this season, what with the whole Amy birth control thing and all. So Andy was a good friend to Harold when A)He really didn't have any reason to be and B)Harold really needed one. Harold owes Andy big time. Can't wait to see what their partnership produces.

Andy/Madison - Ok, the controversial topic. I think Andy made the right decision. I liked how he said outright to Madison, 'I don't expect you to understand this' as a preface to his explanation. It's a good way of making his point that his decision is one that could only be understood by a middle-aged ADULT who's been around the block. The bottom line is, Andy made this decision for the purpose of preventing his son from being hurt, and his son's childhood being ruined anymore than it already has. Ephram will be mad, but hopefully he'll find a way to understand and forgive.

Andy's Dreams - I think this was kind of a way of Andy realizing how much his life, and he personally, has changed in the past two years, while also showing that there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't think of Julia. The thing I was curious about is that he was shaven in the flashback scenes, and fully bearded in the rest of the episode. Were those scenes shot a long time ago? Is his beard fake? Does his beard just grow fast? I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious.

Bright: I'm interested to see what Bright will do with this life. I kind of forsee the Ephram/Amy relationship possibly causing some problems with the Ephram/Bright friendship.

Overall, great episode.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

I liked the fact that Amy was on the plane waiting for Ephram. I was almost afraid it was Madison! More than likely this whole pregnancy is going to come back to haunt Andy and Ephram will find out one way or another eventually. It will be fun to see Andy and Harold in practice together, that should provide lots of laughs!!
Old 05-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Andy's beard

I think I saw interviews during last season's summer hiatus where Mr. Williams was clean shaven and longer, smoother hair. I was worried he'd start Season 2 that way. Thank goodness he didn't! I'm guessing he prefers clean shaven (but I think he looks better with the beard and the short, somewhat spikey hair).

Soooo when he gets a long enough break, he shaves.

That's why this dream sequence episode almost *had* to be the last episode of the season. Even though the episode starts with clean-shaven Andy... the scenes were, presumably, shot out of order. The bulk of the episode was shot with bearded Andy. Then TW shaved and they shot the dream sequences. Then they wrapped production for the season.

A~
Old 05-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Season 3 should be good.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

Does anyone know where I can find a full transcript of this episode ?

Old 06-15-2004, 10:40 PM
New Fan

JerryD, still waiting for your analysis on the finale! i used to read your dawson's creek episode commentary every week-- so i hope that maybe you can continue with everwood! :-)
Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'll ask a question...

Madison looked like she wanted Ephram to know about the pregnancy. Do you think she wanted him in her and the baby's life...assuming she would keep the baby?
{Ephram♥Amy}
patricia
Old 07-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
i'll ask a question...

Madison looked like she wanted Ephram to know about the pregnancy. Do you think she wanted him in her and the baby's life...assuming she would keep the baby?
Very good question, Patricia!
I believe that even though Ephram was too young for Madison...and she knew that the relationship would not work out.....Madison had a lot of respect for Ephram. Because of that respect...she felt that he had to know about the baby...I'm sure that she wanted to discuss options with him because she trusted him and didn't want to do it alone. If she had decided to keep the baby..I am really sure that she would want Ephram involved in his baby's life...after all...the two of them left on good terms with much affection remaining. So, Madison would definitely want to share all of this with Ephram.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

I agree with that, Betty. And I think Ephram definitely would have been a part of the baby's life too. There's no way he wouldn't' have been if he had known everything about it early on, after his relationship with his father. Ephram would make a great dad, really, just not at that point. Plus, how nauseating would it be to watch Ephram and Madison try to raise a baby? Delia would do a better job than those two together!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How uncomfortable would it have been, later in Season 3 (assumingly since I haven't seen it lol) for Ephram to realize that Amy is the one, but also there is a baby in the mix. And for Ephram to not have feelings about Madison as the mother of his child would be completely insane. So it would constantly be a battle for Amy, I think. For her to see the seemingly perfect family in motion...or...the baby putting Ephram at odds and making him and Madison both miserable.
{Ephram♥Amy}
patricia
Old 07-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
How uncomfortable would it have been, later in Season 3 (assumingly since I haven't seen it lol) for Ephram to realize that Amy is the one, but also there is a baby in the mix. And for Ephram to not have feelings about Madison as the mother of his child would be completely insane. So it would constantly be a battle for Amy, I think. For her to see the seemingly perfect family in motion...or...the baby putting Ephram at odds and making him and Madison both miserable.
I agree with that completely. I think we think, sometimes, of a lot of S3 as very dark and miserable too. With Amanda and Andy, and the tension between Andy and Ephram that runs throughout the whole season, and some of the drama between Amy and Ephram and all that. There's some brightness, but is a dark season. And I think if they had thrown a baby into the mix, with Madison, with Amy and Ephram, with the Browns, it would have been even more miserable.

Which is why, while I think Andy has such short-term thinking in what he does, I can't hate him for it. Because I'm so glad we didn't have the baby or Madison in the mix. I know how miserable I would be if they were both there, so I can't even imagine how miserable the characters would be.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Closed Thread   Post New Thread