Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Extreme Fan

I was teary eyed until I heard Julia's speech, and then saw Amy "graduate" at her house so her mom could see. After that I just started to cry. This show ceases to amaze me every episode, and keeps getting better. Excellent episode Next week's looks great, especially BH
Old 05-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Loyal Fan

can anyone please tell me what the promo was scene by scene? I have to wait till tonight before I can "get" the ep form "alternative sources"...and then the promo probably won't even be attached....
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
Old 05-17-2005, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Let me just say, this episode was so, so sad! I cried so much and just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.

I don't have time for full thoughts (not that I could make it withouth bawling) but I'll post a few comments now.

The present Julia gave Ephram with the note was so sweet. I loved it! It was really sad, yet happy? I hope it helps Ephram know that she still loves him and is watching over him, and out for him, from heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
After hearing Julia's speech, I thought her ending words, especially, were ALL about Amy.

.. And if you should ever look up, and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over, retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart, where your hope lives.. you'll find your way again.

That was definitely all about Amy. Notice the parallel at the end where they are showing Amy at graduation, Ephram on the plane, and as Julia is talking, it goes back and forth between Ephram and Amy..

Definitely, all about Amy.. Amy IS the purest thing in Ephram's heart and that's where his hope comes from and where it lives.. And as Julia said, following this path will lead him right back to finding his way again... with Amy.
I didn't get that until now. I rewatched in the end and totally understand what your saying. That's why I love these boards, I get more insite about the episodes! So thank you Wilpen. It was definatly about how Amy is important to him and he will always need her for hope and his path will always end up to here. That was perfect.

Ephram's talk with Delia was very sad, but I loved it. I have missed Delia so much this season and that scene was awesome. I was blown away by how much it proved that Ephram really cares for Delia and will miss her while he is away. He isn't just worried about himself. The whole episode proved that. I'm positive he's on the road to getting better.

I'm so happy about Bright and Hannah!

The Rose stuff next week will no doubt break my heart.

Was it just me or did anyone else think that this week's episode was the season finale? Oh well, more episodes are always welcomed!

my first and only best friend

lea michele ♥ jon groff
oh my god. love her, love her
Old 05-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Absolute Fan

This was a nice little establishing episode for the finale. A few moments were predictable, mainly Jake buying the diner for Nina. Every moment there after was so heart wrenching and touching. I loved every second of it. And the small bursts of hummor added that extra special touch. Bright feelings over Hannah and "Church Monkey Boy" were classic. I was a little dissapointed Hannah and Bright weren't dealt with more, but I supose I got what I came for, to finally hear Bright admit he had romantic feelings for her. I guess I'll just have to wait till next week for a bit more resolve on this matter.

Thanks for posting the letter. It was so nice to reread.

Quote:
Definitely, all about Amy.. Amy IS the purest thing in Ephram's heart and that's where his hope comes from and where it lives.. And as Julia said, following this path will lead him right back to finding his way again... with Amy.
I have to TA on this, although my husband strrongely disagrees. It's not to say that's it's the best for Ephram to have all his hope come from or be founded in Amy, but I do believe his thoughts went to her when he read those last few words. Whether he comes back for her is another matter. I think it's crucial he take time for himself because if we resolve their relationship too conviently and too soon I do believe their story will be left in a slump come next season. I'm willing to hold out on their potential growth and reunion just to see Ephram do some growing of his own and on his own.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves

Last edited by lasha4god; 05-17-2005 at 05:29 AM
Old 05-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Total Fan

Hey guys. I just started, as in last night, watching the show because my awesome friend sent me B/H clips when I complained about my other shows sucking *cough*OTH & The OC*cough*.

Anyway, I found it to be a really good show. The writing was very real and I found that the characters said the things that you'd expect real people to say. Many times on night time dramas the writers are too busy giving the charcters funny quips and one-liners to let them say anything real. So this was refreshing.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What an incredibly heartbreaking episode. ALL the stages a family experiences from cancer were revealed.. so real and so genuine.

I wept like crazy. Bright's determination to be strong, Harold's little white lies to reassure Amy, even though he was crumbling inside knowing the truth, are all part of what a family goes through when a loved one is suffering with a potentially terminal illness.

Ephram's scene with Delia? I completely lost it again. Those two have limited scenes together, but the ones they get, they always knock them right out of the park. I could feel Delia's pain whenever Ephram got up to leave.. Her tears brought on my tears. Perfect scene. Whenever Bright carried Rose, I honestly felt like my heart jumped right out of my chest. That was ALL ABOUT one of the most touching scenes I have ever seen on TV.

Harold/Amy in the hallway sent me to pieces... Totally unexpected. Tom/Emily's chemistry hit you like a tornado. It was instant and insanely powerful. The Julia voiceover with the graduation/airplane montage reminded me so much of the surgery montage at the end of "Home" back in season 1. Powerful, incredible scenes and superb acting. Wow. Is anyone with me that this show is clearly one of, if not, THE VERY best show on TV?

Among other scenes, I still can't get over Andy sitting at graduation alone. I hadn't been able to feel for him until right then. After hearing Ephram ask Delia to take care of him and his explanation of the Madison situation, then watching the graduation scene.. Oh man, it really hit me like a ton of bricks how broken Andy/Ephram are right now. And yet, I also have hope in understanding that this is the beginning of their reconciliation. In time.

Ephram/Amy: They had a very touching scene, even with Amy's determined resistance towards Ephram. EVC was phenomenal in her portrayal. Than again, when isn't she simply the best? Amy was screaming, "you mean everything to me, Ephram, and for this reason, I HAVE to remain cold and distant from you right now." Kudos to the writers for building such a strong relationship between these two because it doesn't even matter, right now, what their romantic status is... They are connected in a way that almost makes their "label" irrelevant, at the moment. The obvious love they have for each other is something that, JUST IS, and always will be. Furthermore, their scene at the Abbott house proved that this is NOT the end of them. I love that, and I love that Amy was technically rejecting Ephram at this point because she DOES love him and need him. What a bitter pill for Ephram to swallow. He seemed so devastated that she was pushing him away. I have absolutely NO DOUBT that their relationship will get through this.. The revealing scenes Ephram and Amy have always had, proves this in spades in a huge way. That's why I absolutely adore this relationship.

I mentioned this before, but I want to copy/paste my words about this again, because I absolutely, firmly believe it to be true..

Julia's ending words were definitely all about Amy. Notice the parallel at the end where they are showing Amy at graduation, Ephram on the plane, and as Julia is talking, it goes back and forth between Ephram and Amy..

It was as if Julia was sending Ephram back to Amy in a lot of ways. I just love the fate/destiny that constantly circles. I always thought that it was Julia that "sent" Ephram and Andy to Everwood in the first place because of Amy and Nina. And we see that the Andy/Nina part is in the works right now. Of course, Ephram/Amy has been in the works for a while now.

WOW, that was one amazing episode. It was definitely right in there with the season 1 episodes.. In all actuality, this is one of my top episodes of all time.

Erin/lasha.. Great points and ITA with your thoughts.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-17-2005 at 09:25 AM
Old 05-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Total Fan

I just wanted to come by and say how much I loved Everwood last night, such an amazing episode. I loved the letter that Ephram's mom wrote to him, just beautiful. Thank you for posting it!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Absolute Fan

WOW! I cried so much last night that I went to bed with a crying headache and rarely does a TV show do that to me...

Harold and Amy's scene killed me... He was trying so hard to let her know that it's OK to go on to the graduation without Rose, but he just couldn't do it any longer. He wanted her there and so did Amy and I am so proud that Amy made a tough decision and missed her graduation, so her mom could see her.. The only down side was the fact that Ephram was not there to see her acomplishment.. It showed so much maturity in her part, to miss out on one of the bigest days of her life and put aside her feelings for family, not to many people would do that, depending on the closeness of the family.

Bright and Hannah - Even though there was little interaction, there is major feelings there on both parts.. The way Hannah watched him carry his mom and probably flooded her mind with memories of her dad, to the snotty comments made toward Topher - Who I adore, but what can I say, I love Bright more. I cracked up when he asked if he was congested, bless his heart, he is dealing with so many emotions right now and OMG, the preview for next week got me all giddy. I am so routing for them, I just hope it's more then making out on Bright's mind.

Nina and Jake - I'm sorry, but Nina and Andy are IT for me. Jake and Nina are moving so fast that I think it's all going to come to a crashing halt down the road, they are both wrapped up in the feelings that they are experiencing, that I don't think they realize that they don't really know eachother... Nina, is so vulnerable, I said it once and I am saying it again. I just hope everything works out, cause she has been through so much, that she deserves some happiness and I believe what makes her happy is Andy, who has been her helping hand since the beginning and she may be taken back at first and confused and hurt by Andy, but int he end, the feelings she had, will resurface...

Ephram/Andy/Delia - I don't know who I feel worse for.. Andy who knows that he is the cause of his family splitting up once again. Delia, who is losing her big brother and is confused by her dad's actions and wonder's if she should hate him, or Ephram who is torn up one side and down the other, not only by Madison and Andy, but also with Amy. He has alot on his plate right now and I so wanted him to get off that palce and tell Amy she can tell him to go, but that he isn't leaving her. I wanted that so bad.. They need eachother so bad and are too scared to admit it, sure they don't want their lives revolved around the other, but the truth is, that they are one another's life shield, someone that you can trust when you need them and run to when your hurting and now neither one of them have that right now and are both alone.. I hope he comes back..

Rose - OMG - I simply love the woman and hate what she is enduring, she is the backbone of her family and without her, they are lost. I hope everything works out for her and when she told Andy she would trust him with her family and life, I cried so hard, cause even though Andy lost Colin, he made it perfectly clear to Colin the complications, but Colin insisted, Andy isn't perfect, but I believe he cares so much about Rose, Harold, Amy and Bright, that he would give all his best for them and work like he is saving his own family, I know Harold is scared, but Harold knows Andy and knows that he will try not to let them down, I believe he will come through for Rose, or at least I hope

So overall, Amazing Episode as usual and I cannot wait for the Bright and Hannah kiss.
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
Old 05-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

As one who thinks the loss of Rose's character would be catastrophic to the show, I'm a little bit concerned about her determination to have Andy perform the surgery. Andy (was?) is a BRAIN surgeon. As he admitted two years ago, he "hadn't been south of the clavicle (collarbone) since his residency", which was at least fifteeen years before that. The spinal block he performed on Bright was an anesthesial procedure involving injections, not a surgical one. That means he hasn't performed surgery to the spinal area in 17-18 years, if ever. Abrasive personality aside, I would prefer a doctor currently considered an expert. She has family and friends to support her and help offset the doctor's lack of bedside manner.
OKay, okay; this is TV. But I don't like the idea of Rose's health being a cliffhanger; nor do I like the idea of Andy's salvation resting on a procedure he is completely unfamiliar with.
Don't do it, Andy!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Something tells me Andy doesn't do it. And, as the WB has kept the finale spoilers tight so they don't leak, noone in the spoiler world even knows if he does it or not.. I just don't think he will. I could be totally wrong, though. I see Andy as being more of what he was in last night's episode. More like her regular doctor/friend type of companion. I see Andy there for support but not doing the surgery, itself. I also personally hope he doesn't do it, either.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, I don't think Andy should do Rose's surgery because it's not his area. He hasn't worked on or near the spin in a long time and that makes me very nervous. Plus, he knows the patient and the patient's family well. Sure he knew Colin and his family, but no where near as much as he knows the Abbotts. It would be ten thousand times more emotional then Colin's second surgery. I just don't think he should preform the operation. Being a supportive friend would be a better role for him to play.

my first and only best friend

lea michele ♥ jon groff
oh my god. love her, love her
Old 05-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Passionate Fan

It's always Andy's responsibility to do a surgery at the end of every season.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Loyal Fan

gosh...I cried so much during that episode...

now, I'm a total sap and I cry over the worst soap opera's...but this was exceptional.

I cried for Delia, and for docter Brown when he was at Ephram's graduation all alone, for amy and harold's scene, for bright almost all of the episode (it just touches me, how he wants to help and make things better and in the beginning didn't et the chance to...he looked so helpless....and then the carrying, and the crying at the farmacist....)

I didn't really cry for Ephram...tough I'm happy that he sort of said that it's not his anger that's making him leave but the hurt he feels. And I think the letter was a major hint tht he'll return to everwood, the purest place in his heart, after summer....

sigh...

oh and loafer snorting! so cool... he needs a girlfriend, but not hannah....
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict
Old 05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think it's safe to assume that if Andy does do the surgery, Rose will live. For the main reason of Ephram/Amy. We all know that Ephram/Amy are a huge part of this show, so I just don't see Amy ever being with Ephram in the long term, if Rose were to die, as she would have to introduce Andy as her father-in-law, the surgeon that ultimately failed at saving her first boyfriend and mother's life. lol
Old 05-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Im going to think positive and not even think of the possibility of rose dying b/c its just too sad...How sad was when Harold totally broke down in tears with Amy...OMG I dont think I could have cried any more than I did last nite...I cant wait for next week, it looks good!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread